[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QnA thread No.436

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 14

File: 9edc8e188e.png (590KB, 1020x1080px) Image search: [Google]
9edc8e188e.png
590KB, 1020x1080px
Another QnA thread for those who havent been on for the past ones today, my question is, We've seen the pyukumuku quest where you throw them back into the sea for a hefty reward, so are there any more quests similar to this, no need to list what they are but any idea on how many quests there are?
>>
where is destiny knot?
>>
>>29972646
Damnit Q&A not QnA. Took me a solid minute to find the thread in the catalog

>>29973234
I know you can get one from the BP exchange counter in Battle Royal. Might be one out in the wild I haven't seen yet though
>>
>>29973234
pokemon with pick up ability
>>
What are the new hold items?
>>
why was me banned?
>>
>>29973792
terrain seed
>>
for anyone using a wishiwashi on your team, how is it? is it painful to grind but good when it hits 20? or is schooling just too much of a hindrance?
>>
When will I be able to transfer pokemon from red/blue? Do we also have to wait until January?
>>
>>29973832
Schooling only disappears at 25% so it's good, and before level 20 its as weak as everything else at sub level 20
>>
Does anyone know where the in-game trade for happiny is? If I recall correctly it asks for a pancham.
>>
>>29973849
I was just about to call you a retard until I remembered the VC games existed.
Yes it will probably be january along with the regular bank support.

Anyway I had a question
Has anyone found a Rocky Helmet?
>>
>>29974070
I think you can only get a rocky helmet by trading in no from the battle tree or battle royal
>>
>>29974103
Oh shit. I must have completely missed it in the BP shop. Thanks
>>
>>29974103
>bp auto corrects to no
>>
>>29974070
Ok thanks. I'll wait for the poke bank then.
>>
>>29974133
I just checked, it's only at the battle tree, not the royal.
>>
does the other trainer you dont pick play any role in this game? i liked how in x and y if you chose calem, serena would still be in the game playing a major role.
>>
Did anyone here get magearna through QR code?
>>
Is it possible to transfer save data from a previously installed digital copy to a newly downloaded one, just by using the 3DS's built-in save data backup feature? Or is JKSM the only way?
>>
What does Pokefinder v5 do?
>>
>>29975762
JKSM looks more appropiate
>>
is there assault vest in sm?
>>
to expand on >>29975762, is it still possible to transfer an entire save from one copy of the game to another?
>>
Where can I catch Sandygast and Jangmo-O? And what levels will they be?
>>
where can i find net balls
>>
>>29976315
You get them somewhere
>>
>>29972646
are flying gems obtainable yet, or for that manner, any type gems
>>
Which is faster for BP grind, Battle Royal or Tree?
>>
>>29976013
Sandyghast is second island IIRC, and around level 20ish. Jangmo-O is the last island and around level 40ish
>>
>>29976395
but where
>>
has anyone caught castform already? he doesn't seem to be called.
i'm also searching for dubious disc and metal coat
>>
is there a list of all the buffs and nerfs so far?
>>
Can M-Rayquaza use Z moves? If so, which ones?
>>
>>29976986
No, if ray is holding a z-crystal it can't mega evolve
>>
>>29972646
Can you change your skin color after picking it at the start?
>>
How do I access the golf course, its the only place i actually want to explore
>>
has anyone made a picture that groups all the weather wars mons together? i.e. like all the rain setting/benefiting mons, all the snow mons, etc.
>>
>>29977088
No
>>
>>29973992
I found happiny in a pichu SOS battle of that helps

Anyone know where thief tm is?
>>
>>29977335
Never mind, found it — go back to where you beat ratticate/gumshoos with tauros, it's behind the rocks at the top of the ramp
>>
How do you get Leafeon and Glaceon this time around?
>>
>>29977551
evo stones
>>
>>29977551
Mossy stone is in Mallows trial area
>>
>>29977568
Fuck off with the misinformation

>>29977551
Moss Stone is in Lush Jungle, Icy Rock is in "Victory Road" right before the league. Can't miss it.
>>
File: 23490102931.jpg (138KB, 900x563px) Image search: [Google]
23490102931.jpg
138KB, 900x563px
Do any of you know where how magneton can evolve into magnezone i found him in the starting area and magnezone happens to be one of the only gen 4 evos i liked.

Also is lunatone in pokemon moon/sun anywhere?
>>
>>29976424
Anyone? I'm away from my 3ds and even then I started an e4 run right before I left home
>>
>>29977670
I believe it's the same place you evolve Charjabug but I haven't tried. My Charjabug evolved in the mountain on my way up to the shrine for the legendary's story where you play the flutes.
>>
>>29977670
Oh, and no, I don't think you can get Lunatone and Solrock. There's a guy in the desert that wants to see one (which one depends on which game you're playing). Not sure what happens if you show him.
>>
>>29973803
Because you're a retard?
>>
File: pokemon-egg-png.png (65KB, 863x925px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-egg-png.png
65KB, 863x925px
There was a video where some people talked about some sort of hot spring to hatch eggs faster in Sun and Moon? Any info on that yet?
>>
Is sparkling aria as useless as it sounds or does healing a burn amplify it in some way?
>>
>>29978041
It's one of the Pokemon Pelago islands. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>29978356
So it's not any good then?
>>
Is ignoring possible to run into wild starters from other regions? I've been avoiding these threads but I did see a screenshot of someone catching a Samurott I believe.
>>
>>29978464
wat? you can catch a few by scanning qr codes. i think its random which you'll get though.
>>
>>29978388
It is good. All of the pelago islands are useful.
>>
How is Sun and Moon from a nuzlocke perspective? I know it's hard but I want to know the other important aspects of it.

How is the route diversity? Lots of different mons o. The routes or am I gonna get an alolan raticate every route without dupes clause.

On the subject of routes, I've heard they are much too big for regular nuzlocking and that you should use the split sections of each route instead. Can anyone confirm or deny if this is needed?
>>
Is there thick club in this game, does it work with Marowak, and where is it located?
>>
>>29978573
I nuzlocked instantly without knowing any of the pokemon before hand, I had been avoiding spoilers. I didn't even realise my starter was grass/ghost till I got hit by a ground attack .

It's extremely fun to Nuzlocke, using the whole call for ally feature lets you find rare pokemon, there are loads of old pokemon too, I found a bagon early on. I'd definitely recommend it
>>
>>29978388
It's fine. I'm just saying that there's no big mystery to solve because we know about it already.
>>
>>29978587

As with every Gen prior, you have to farm Cubone.
>>
Where can I buy ethers to sustain my chaining shenanigans?
>>
>>29978612
How are the routes length-wise for catching pokes? Did you use the entire route as one area or break it off into smaller pieces like I've seen some other anons suggest.
>>
What Wally's team when you fight him?
>>
Where can I get:
- Tortunator
- Dhelmise
- Mareanie
- Whichever goodra evo is catchable earliest
I'm also getting Cutiefly but i imagine it's pretty easy to find since it's the patented bug of the generation(tm)
>>
anyone find where the Power Bracelets for EV training are
and before
>just use Pelago
it takes alot of momentum, I want to get things done while I'm waiting
>>
>>29978880
Turtonator: Island 3 On the right side of the island. Can't think of the name of the location

Dhelmise: Island 4 by fishing on the docks

Mareanie: Island 1 by chaining corsolas. Fish near the professor's house once you get surf. Find the spots with ripples above them. Keep the corsola alive and below 50%health (Just use false swipe and non damaging moves with a lot of pp) and buy adrenaline orbs from the mart and use it on the corsola. It will keep calling for help until it calls a mareanie. The encounter rate for them is super low though so don't expect to find one right away. If the rocks by the professor's lab don't have ripples, just go back to the beach and it will reset them.

You do need surf to get to these fishing spots and that is from island 2

Goomy is on island 2 in the grass trial area. Sliggoo is on island 4 on exeggutaur island. Not sure which you can get earlier since I never saw a goomy in the jungle so I assume its either super rare or behind a progression blocker

Cutiefly: Island 1 route 2 and a little bit of route 3 I think

Also I thought vikavolt was the main bug of this gen
>>
Maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part but since The game says "you defended your title" when you beat Hau on your second time through the E4 I was wondering if you could actually lose your champion status and have to win it back from him if he beat you

I dont know if I want to go out of my way to see what happens, but I doubt gamefreak would do that anyway.
>>
>>29979199
Forgot about that one lmao
>>
Where is the Thunder Wave TM located.
>>
>>29978494
Is there a list of the mons that appear in this way?
>>
So if I've been offline since the .cia leaked, how to I make sure I don't get banned?
>>
>>29979566
check if your NNID is still alive
>>
>>29979562
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kwsch/PKHeX/master/PKHeX/Legality/Tables7.cs

Everything from Cyndaquil to Emboar is a QR mon.
>>
>>29977670
Vast Poni Canyon is the magnetic field area, you also evolve Charjabug there.
>>
How far into the game is the daycare?
>>
>>29972646
WTF!?
Is that really ALL of the new Pokemon??

There's so little wtf
>>
>>29979692
Pretty early.
second island, second town
>>
>>29979651
ty, do these appear in the main game or are they postgame only? Considering you scan enough codes
>>
Can someone explain how qr codes work? I thought they just added mons to your dex as seen, but evidently they can actually put pokemon in your game and cause them to appear on certain routes?
>>
File: file.png (321KB, 745x249px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
321KB, 745x249px
>>29980116
Not sure for general QR codes but for this promotion you have to go to a specific location
>>
did they fuck around with the EV yields or am I fine to SOS Golbats still?
>>
Is mareanie rare as fuck or something? I've been looking for an hour.
>>
>>29980233
you need a Corsala to call it
>>
>>29980233
Yes
Also by looking for you mean chaining corsolas right?
>>
>>29980249
Had no idea corsola was needed
>>
>>29980284
See >>29979199
>>
How many Lunala/Solgaleo WON'T be nicknamed Nebby?
>>
>>29980316
>not naming Solgaleo, Metagross 2
the only difference is it has splash
>>
I have three questions.

1. Anyone here was able to mega evolve? If so, how you did it?

2. How to rebattle captains?

3. Any tips on how to beat the latest tree challenge? I did fine on singles and doubles, but on multi my partner is stupid and I can only carry two mons of my own. I have PKHeX too, so I can gen anything if that helps.
>>
What's the best nature of Litten?
>>
Do type matchups change at all this gen? If so, is there an updated chart online?
>>
Does the effectiveness labels on move selection account for changes caused by abilities or moves like levitate and magnet rise?
>>
Where's the electric field in Alola so I can evolve Magneton to Magnezone? Is it the Geothermal Power Plant?
>>
How are you meant to evolve Happiny in Moon? It can only evolve during the day?
>>
Where is name rater?
>>
Where do I change the PokeBall throw style?
>>
Has Pikipek done you any good throughout the campaign if it was part of your initial dream team? The fact that Rock Blast is a relearn move and the move relearner isn't until the end of the game really stings.

Also is Fury Attack okay with Skill Link or are the special Normal moves it learns better for it in the long run
>>
>>29980665
Play at night.
>>
>>29973384
>Damnit Q&A not QnA. Took me a solid minute to find the thread in the catalog
This
>>
>>>29972646
WHERE ARE THE PASTEBINS?
>>
>>29981169
Here is one. I dont remember the other(s)
http://pastebin.com/d1j1RmYJ
>>
>>29981342
That's literally all I needed. Cheers.
>>
Is ice hammer boosted by iron fist? Do I have to keep Crabrawler at level 36 for long before evolving it at the ice area so I can get ice hammer and crabhammer at the same time?
>>
>>29981423
>The user swings and hits with its strong, heavy fist. It lowers the user's Speed, however.
I'd say yes on iron fist

I'm assuming you haven't completed the game yet and are just using crabman on your main team. If thats the case, I wouldn't worry about having Crabrawler being stuck as unevolved because you can't get to the ice area until just before the elite four. You should be well past 36 by that time and the move relearner will get you ice hammer
>>
>>29981594
How soon after the ice area do you get to the move reminder? Does Crabominable at least get ice punch upon evolving or do I need to relearn that too?
>>
>>29981594
Actually I've never looked at a list of moves that Iron fist powers up. So disregard that. I'm retarded.
I guess it all depends on what the japanese name of Ice Hammer is.

I still think theres a good chance of it though. Why would they give a pokemon with iron fist a signature move that doesn't get boosted by it.

>>29981665
The pokecenter after the ice area has the move reminder. He should get Ice Punch upon evolving. Level listed as "Start"
>>
>>29981703
Thanks. Are heart scales easy to farm or is something new for this game?
>>
how can the judge be unlocked?
>>
>>29981777
Breed 20 eggs.
>>
>>29981755
Luvdisc are fishable. There is also a restaurant that gives you them whenever you eat there, but I can't remember where

>>29981777
I think the solution was hatching like 30 eggs
>>
I beat tapu koko by accident, will it respawn?
>>
How do I get to exegutor island?
>>
I just beat Lusamine for the first time.
Can I catch UB now?
>>
Where can I buy Max Revives?
>>
>>29981858
Think so

>>29981877
Yes

>>29981942
4th island story requirement

>>29981992
UB is post game
>>
>>29979731
They can appear in the main game. I used a Honedge on my first run.
The appearance is based on island though, and the fourth island is really late game.
>>
Trying to get a Steelyx - is metal coat found anywhere? It doesn't seem like it but I can just grind magnemites.

More importantly, is Onyx available, and if so where? Is there a list of all Pokémon available per game anywhere so I don't have to ask this again?
>>
Where are all the overworld Pokemon/in-game trades/gift Pokemon?
>>
>>29982119
Onyx isnt in the alola dex
>>
>>29982119
Serebii has the dex up now.

I'm sure he found all that info out super fast on the legit release too haha
>>
Are there multiple fishing rods?
>>
Do some pokemon just never call for help? Trying to get a Gabite and Sandile is being an arse even when I use an orb
>>
>>29972646
To all those who like competitive battling:

Do you think Nihilego is a good pokemon? It's my favorite UB and I want to run it if possible. I just don't know if it should be an offensive core, defensive core, scarf user, or what?
>>
>>29982227
No.

>>29982295
Try it with Trapinch. Yesterday anons were claiming to wait 40+ turns for Minior to call for help and nothing happened so it's likely that not all of them can.
>>
>>29980833
The garbage plant north of the first town on the second island.
>>
>>29982295
I think the trigger for gabite is during a sandstorm, but I havent tested it out yet since i dunno when the desert will spawna a sandstorm...
>>
Is the bike in this game?
>>
>>29982574
No.
>>
File: Superman-ride-640x336.jpg (63KB, 640x336px) Image search: [Google]
Superman-ride-640x336.jpg
63KB, 640x336px
Any word on their being a bike/rollerskates/whatever in this game?
Or has it all been replaced by Pokemon?

Also anyone know what Red and Blues teams are?
>>
is false swiping endlessly effective to summon pokemon?
>>
>Decidueye
How the fuck do you pronounce this shit?
>>
>>29983122
De-sid-you-eye
Like deciduous trees.
>>
>>29983122
Like you would pronounce deciduous but with an eye at the end
>>
What are the conditions to enter the beast portal post Poke E4?
>>
How can I catch Pokemon with Hidden Abilities in the wild in this game?
>>
>>29983211
Chaining calls for help with a trace pokemon or worry seed or wtvr
>>
Anyone know how to battle Dexio or Sina? I know you can fight them
>>
>>29983299
Thanks.

How soon in the game can you do that?
I just started, but would want to get a Cutiefly with HA Sweet Veil.

I guess I'll have to come back later for it?
>>
>>29983360
on the road to the cemetery before that city you can catch abra with trace. not sure if adrenaline orbs are already on the mart but they improve your chances. just gotta be patient.
>>
>>29983360
>>29983386
oh but if I remember correctly, pokemons only start calling for help after the first trial? maybe I'm wrong on that, not sure. sorry anon
>>
>>29980448
Adamant or a Bulky nature, maybe investing a little in speed to outspeed a check or two but really he's too slow to bother investing in it fully
>>
just beat the league and im fighting tapu koko now.
can I rematch it later or this is it?

also recommended natuers for the tapus?
>>
>>29983438
nevermind, I just caught it with a PokeBall and it's Gentle.

How fucked am I?
>>
how early is chilly sandshrew in the game?
>>
>>29983438
any mixed nature for Koko, really
you can fight it again later though
>>
>>29983485
Tapu Koko is only the second worst tapu, so don't sweat it.
>>
Which mons are available right at the start, like below level 10?

I heard meowth and crabrawler are for sure.
>>
File: 1479350366505.png (70KB, 230x147px) Image search: [Google]
1479350366505.png
70KB, 230x147px
Let me try this again.

Does anyone know if this hat is avalible for the female trainer, and if so where? Also, are there any other places to buy clothes besides the apparel shops and the mall in hauoli?
>>
How do you transfer Ash-greninja over?
>>
>>29983386
>>29983414
Thanks. I'm not sure myself about the calling for help thing, hasn't happened yet.
>>
>>29982743
No bikes in this game. Bikes are replaced with Stoutland (fast w/ Dowsing Machine).

I think Blue's team has a Machamp, Arcanine, Gyarados and an Alakazam.
>>
how do i know if i'm banned
>>
>>29983673
In the demo version, talk to the prof and he'll ask if you're ready to send
>>
How do I change my game hours by 12 hours? I don't care what method I just want to go through the beast portal
I know you can do it on PKHex how?
>>
Where can I find Lucky egg?
>>
>>29983779
Thanks. I take it I can't get him for both Sun and Moon just one of them?
>>
>>29983826
talk to kukui at his lab
>>
>>29976756
Go to the aether foundation you will find faba in the first floor near the other exit he will have a mono psychic team beat him up and he will give you dubious disk i am searching for metalcoat still tho, on an unrelated note i heard to get a castform you have to activate an sos call on certain mons while there is a weather condition.
>>
File: 466464646464.gif (845KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
466464646464.gif
845KB, 500x380px
Guyz what is the post game like. This could swing my decision of whether to buy this or not when it's released in my country. I don't even want anything crazy but something like a battle area thing would be nice so I can make some good teams to fight AIs and not deal with other humans online.
>>
Got Zygarde 10% (Zygardoge)... How to obtain its second hability? He knows Aura Break, but I want Power Construct hability

Love Zygardoge design
>>
Can I breed accelrock onto another Rockruff?
>>
>>29984000
Collect all 100 zygarde cells
>>
>>29984048
No
>>29983999
There is the battle tree which is the best battle area in pokemon history so far
>>
Anybody got an image of what pokemon are available on what routes?
>>
>>29984102
Just use the pastebin http://pastebin.com/YjNi4Qdk
>>
>>29984129
Can you explain what the tables mean, for example some pokemon have a 1% for table 1 but table 9 has a 20% chance
>>
>>29984154
that means table 9 is a special table for example it could be rippling water or shaking grass.
>>
>>29984186
Godbless man, been asking for days
>>
>>29984080
Do you mind explaining why you think Battle Tree is good? I barely know anything about it.
>>
>>29984230
I haven't really played too much of it but from as far as i can tell from my limited experiences the trainers are generally overall better some with better teams and ai and the "boss characters" are pretty nice to see instead of some random bitches from battle mansion
>>
Is the Pokedex split up into 3 again like Kalpa, or just one large regional Dex again?

Also, any site out there list all the Pokemon locations yet? Trying to burn time before release. Looking to ways to make balanced randomized teams for gimmicky runs.
>>
>>29984290
i appreciate it man. Can you still battle for high streaks of wins or does it end when you beat a 'boss' character?
>>
>>29977069
I thought Ray mega evolves by knowing Dragons Ascent?
It could hold an item in ORAS
>>
>>29972646
Anyone have the pastebin with all pokemon locations? I want to do some planning before I get my copy tonight.
>>
>>29984373
I believe the streak continues unless the challenge limit was that boss.
>>29984459
Ray is hard coded to not be able to use z crystals and mega evolve at the same time
>>29984358
there are 4 island pokedexes and there is a lot of overlap between them
and there is a list for all pokemon encounters >>29984479
>>29984129
>>
How do I get access to Mega evolving?
>>
Nature/EV for Guzzlord?
>>
>>29984373
Yes, you do.
>>
Working on completing my dex and that means leveling a ton of shit. I haven't played since Gen 3 before now - any advice on the best methods?

Currently I'm just killing shit outside the battle tree (average level 59) with 5 level 20-30 shit mons behind something that oneshots everything.

Is this the best way to go about this? What if I had something I was level in front and I switched to my killer after? I'm not sure what the math behind the SM experience share is
>>
>>29984522
Beat the champion then try going to battletree sina and dexio will stop you half way and challenge you to a battle before giving you keystone and alakazite
>>29984533
impish 252 hp 252 defense 4 spdef
>>29984555
go get the lucky egg from kuki in his lab if you didn't already and use the switch leveling method
>>
>>29972646
First pkm game since gen 3, can you catch multiple UB? I got moon but I want that mosquito
>>
>>29984522
Mega Evo is post-game.

Sina(Moon)/Dexio(Sun) gives you the details while going to the Battle Tree. You battle them and they give you a Mega Stone(Alakazite) after.
>>
>>29984595
Yes, Mosquito is Sun exclusive.
>>
>>29984581
Thanks man. What about for Tapu Lele's stats?
>>
>>29984624
Great, so I can just get the moon exclusive and trade, right?
>>
>>29984555
Get the lucky egg from Kukui when you have 20% dex completion.

Switching is faster for leveling a single Pokemon.
>>
>>29984595
You get
4 pheromosas ( moon exclusive )
2 celesteelas ( moon exclusive
2 buzzwoles ( sun exclusive )
4 karatanas ( sun exclusive )
2 xurkitrees ( in both versions )
>>
What's the best tactic for chaining Dittos? More specifically, how do you deal with Imposter Dittos once they start showing up?
>>
Can I catch Necrozma?
>>
>>29984704
One shitmon for Ditto to transform into, one mid-tier mon that can OHKO the shitmon and for Imposter Ditto, and one good mon that can OHKO the mid-tier mon.
>>
>>29984726
Yes after you catch all 10 ultra beasts and speak to looker to finish the quest you will find a level 75 necrozma in ten carat hill
>>
redpill me on chaining
>>
>>29984677
not many, hopefully someone will trade with me
>>
Where do you get 10% Zygarde ?
>>
File: 1478471798855.jpg (47KB, 621x502px) Image search: [Google]
1478471798855.jpg
47KB, 621x502px
>ice sandshrew is moon exclusive
>>
>>29976756
I've seen him quite a few times, he gets called under rain in the jungle area
>>
How do I find Alomomola?
>>
>>29978573
This game is actually tons of fun to Nuzlocke. I dont' think you should split up routes unless you're having a lot of trouble, there's great Pokemon diversity and lots of encounters just on the first island alone.
>>
>>29978725
Why do you need ethers? Use Adrenaline orbs once you have one active and they'll burn your turn without using up the orb
>>
>>29984864
Chaining is the new method to ev training/shiny hunting/obtaining HAs.
Basically it is built on using adrenaline orb leaving a mon on low hp and murdering its allies if the pokemon is going to struggle to death just murder it and leave one of its allies to continue the chain
>>
Fastest way to catch a Dhelmise? I still don't understand how SOS work. But I take it I can't get a pokemon to call for a Dhelmise?
>>
>>29985067
What Pokémon's HAs are currently unavailable? Just the starters?
>>
File: archeops.png (112KB, 371x590px) Image search: [Google]
archeops.png
112KB, 371x590px
WHERE DO I FIND THE FOSSILS I NEED MY BRO
>>
Is there a way to know if you have caught every pokemon on a road?
>>
Is the Poke Pelago a good way to level up monsters to evolve for Pokedex completion? How do I know how long to let them play for specific level gain?
>>
>>29972646
What's the name of the pokemon that evolves at level 34 on daytime?
>>
>>29985485
Seconded, but for Aerodactyl. Someone says there's Old Amber, but not where and when in the story, someone else says it's just a gift.
>>
>>29985562
You get Aerodactyl as a gift at the start of the 4th island. I don't remember where exactly the girl is, but just talk to every NPC in Seafolk Town.
>>
>>29985562
In the port town on the last island, there is a girl in a boat house that just literally gives it to you, not as a fossil.

>>29985485
On 2nd island in the last town, the one after Diglett Tunnel, there is a rock and gem shop. NPC there will sell you the fossil. Revive it up on Route 8 in some fossil enthusiast's trailer park
>>
How early is IV training and how long does it take?
>>
>>29985623
level for aerodactyl?
>>
How do I get to the Alt World to get Cosmog?
>>
>>29985653
It is level 40
>>
>>29985686
perfect, thanks MATE
>>
>>29985640
"IV training" is just Hyper Training, making imperfect IV seem as if they were perfect.
You need to be level 100 and have Bottle Caps.
Not worth. Just IV breed like usual.
>>
File: 164137245824.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
164137245824.gif
2MB, 250x188px
How much actual trainer battling will this game have?

They've gotten rid of gyms and replaced them with these island trials, (of which there are half as many as there are gyms in other games,) and that sounds really, really boring.

Is this game going to be tiny compared to the older ones? Have I made a mistake letting my friend get me all hyped up for another fucking Pokemon when each one feels more and more empty than the last?
>>
So I heard that there was a post game portal that let you catch the other versions pokemon(bar legendaries). Does it basically flip the routes until you enter it again?
>>
Is there an easy way to transfer items between new games?

Introducing Mega Evolutions and making like a hundred fucking mega stones is fucking stupid in a series that makes item trading such a pain.

In the likely scenario that it's still a pain, can you at least re-acquire all the stones in each release or do they pull some roster bullshit with certain stones being added but others being removed?
>>
>>29985723
Enough trainers so you don't overlevel all your Pokemon even with Exp. Share on.

Game is roughly about 25-30 average.
>>
Anyone know where one can catch shellder or cloyster?
>>
>>29985759
No item allowed through Pokebank.

Stones cost BP to obtain.
>>
>>29985386
Tapus too since you can get ha from any wild mon
>>
>>29983578
about to leave the first island this are the pokemon i saw and catched, all of them under lvl 12:
pikipek, yungoos, rattata, caterpie, ledyba, spinarak, pikachu, grubbin, slowpoke, wingull, abra, meowth, magnetmite, grimer, growlithe, drowzee, makuhita, ghastly, drifloon, misdreavus, zubat, diglett, spearow, vullaby, mankey, delibird, cutiefly, petilil, cottonee, psyduck, machop, rockruff

also electric oricorio, smeargle and crabrawler although hard to find
>>
>>29985774
That doesn't really help put it into perspective.

Is there even an Elite Four equivalent?
>>
>>29985263
Just fish in rippling water if it is not rippling just reset the area
>>29985485
It is exclusive for pokemon moon and you can buy plume fossil for 7000 iirc
>>29985504
none other than manually
>>29985536
no just do it the old classic way
>>29985540
Fomantis evolves into Lurantis
>>29985672
Go to where you caught your mascot enter through the portal and then go to the abandoned shrine in the third island
>>29985752
it effectively makes you in the other game alternate time and laternate pokes and all
>>29985791
in kay bay by fishing in rippling water is the first obtainable plaace iirc for other places check >>29984129
>>
>>29985993
Yes. How about you play the game.
>>
CRABRAWLER HELP

do I have to keep checking berries to see when he comes up? nothing else? what a drag
>>
If I use Rain Dance in Lush Forest would Goomy and Cast form be available SOS encounters?
>>
>>29986010
I'm at the portal, but it just say

"There is a strange distortion in the air...
but you don't seem able to traverse it now."

Do what?
>>
>>29985718
>getting a pokemon to level 100 takes more time than breeding a 6 IV
Love this meme
>>
>>29986028
Yes. I'm not sure what's the spawn rate but it's rather frequent.
>>
>>29986010
Thank you
>>
>>29973832
I caught it at lv.19 or something, so didn't suffer much. Brought it to the league, and it's really good. Schooling is bad only if this happens:

>Ww is brought to 25% hp
>The school disperses
>You stay stuck with standalone fishie for a whole turn even if you immediately use a potion to bring it back to full hp, and it's very vulnerable in that state
>>
>>29986099
You also miss the part about having Bottle Caps, which cost 30 of the same color shards. And you only farm 3-5 shard every 24 or so hours. And that's just for one stat.
>>
>>29986086
Wait
>>29986077
yes and for any SOS encounters just check this out http://pastebin.com/sV6rFcfA
>>
>>29974895
No, he/she doesn't.
>>
File: 1426638136170.gif (190KB, 326x245px) Image search: [Google]
1426638136170.gif
190KB, 326x245px
>>29986024
>How about you spend 40 bucks on something you're not sure you want because Nintendo is trying to shake up the formula, which ruined 80% of their IPs this gen.
Sorry I'm not 10 and I trust Nintendo less and less with every game they release, especially when every sign I've seen has pointed to this game being half of a Pokemon game.
>>
>>29985993
Yes there is, it's called
the Elite Four
>>
>>29985723
>They've gotten rid of gyms and replaced them with these island trials, (of which there are half as many as there are gyms in other games,)
There's 7 trials and 4 Grand trials. How's that half?
>>
>>29986099
Pretty sure hyper training was only made to help with legendary/unbreedable mons having bad stats i still laugh at the retards who don't have brain cells to breed who thought it was going to be a good solution for them.
>>
>>29985803
I'm guessing that's a "no" on them making any new easy methods.

>No item allowed through Pokebank.
But you can trade items via regular trading, right?

>Stones cost BP to obtain.
What's BP and are ALL of the stones available?
>>
>>29986157
It's closer to 90 now because Nintendo ruined Pokemon with the new games they made.
>>
>>29986157
You could be installing homebrew on your 3DS instead of shitposting in a help thread full of people playing the leaked copy of the game
>>
File: 1479075895759.jpg (33KB, 629x505px) Image search: [Google]
1479075895759.jpg
33KB, 629x505px
>>29986136
Holy shit. So it takes a week to a week and a half for one stat. Jesus christ, I fucking hate GF.
>>
>>29986164
He is probably one of those idiots who saw 4 trial captains revealed and his retarded brain couldn't realize there are unrevealed trial captains just because they are a foreign concept
>>
>>29986176
>i still laugh at the retards who don't have brain cells to breed
That's a funny way to spell "people without crippling autism" duder
>>
>>29986164
Trials are just shitty minigame gimmicks followed by lame Totem Pokemon.

The Grand Trials are the equivalent of Gym Leaders, right? And there used to be 8 of those in each game. Except when there was 16.
>>
Frost breath onto a hidden ability
Anger Point Crabominable after using trick room. You're welcome.
>>
>>29986178
You can't trade from XYORAS to SM.

64 BP
Gengar
Scizor
Pinsir
Aerodactyl
Lucario
Kangaskhan
Gyarados
Absol
Alakazam
Garchomp
Sableye
Metagross
Sharpedo
Slowbro
Glaclios
Salamence

Pretty much Aloladex only mons.
>>
>>29986198
Y didn't ruin anything, though it felt lackluster. I never played ORAS. I'm getting mixed messaged and feelings about Sun and Moon.
>>
>>29986203
Just breed. =^)
>>
>>29986222
I was thinking the same thing but apparently there are people who didn't quite appreciate the concept of totem pokémon.

>>29986235
>Trials are just shitty minigame gimmicks followed by lame Totem Pokemon.
They're more challenging than gym leaders in my opinion.
If you like Pokémon, you'll most likely like the game.
>>
>>29986231
Gee how would i understand the concept of placing a ditto with destiny knot with another pokemon with out the help of my crippling autism!
>>
>>29986260
>You can't trade from XYORAS to SM.
Seriously? Why the fuck would they do that?
Do you even have a confirmation?

>Pretty much Aloladex only mons.
I still don't know what BP is but that sounds insanely disappointing.
>>
I'm curious about the12 hour difference in Moon and if that has an effect on when it registers days you caught pokemon.

So since Moon is 12 hours ahead, if you caught a pokemon at 1pm 11/18/2016, in moon would that be 1am the next day, and would it say you caught that pokemon on 11/19/2016 instead?
>>
>>29986290
>Seriously? Why the fuck would they do that?
>Do you even have a confirmation?
Gen 6 to Gen 7 + buy pokébank oy vey
>>
>>29986290
It's a different gen. You can get all your Gen6 mon in January when patch comes out.

BP = Battle Point. You get them for battling in the Battle Tree or doing Battle Royals.
>>
>>29986278
>They're more challenging than gym leaders in my opinion.
I don't care about how challenging they are. I buy Pokemon games to battle trainers, not play minigames and fight bigger minion-summoning Pokemon.

>If you like Pokémon, you'll most likely like the game.
Here's hoping because I'll probably still get it anyway, even if nobody here is doing a good job of squashing my fears other than finding out there's an actual Elite Four.
>>
>>29986290
There was no reason to expect cross-gen trading. We couldn't trade between DPPt/HGSS and BWBW2 despite both Gens being on DS.
>>
>>29986295
Nah it doesn't actually effect the actual calendar
>>
>>29986295
Real time is the same. Day and night cycle are just swapped.
>>
>>29986326
This probably isn't the game for you. Just go back and play a romhack or someshit.
>>
>>29986235
>Trials are just shitty minigame gimmicks
So exactly the same as most gyms that aren't straight lines
>followed by lame Totem Pokemon
Which equal gym leaders with less than 3 mons, but as a 1v2 battle to boot, which can be of varying difficulty depending on SOS RNG
>>
>>29986333
>>29986336
Ok cool, thanks anons.
>>
>>29986203
>"I fucking hate GF even though they just made things better and didn't do anything negative to the old method whatsoever!"
do you have autism?
>>
Is there a list with all the customization options avalible in the game?
>>
>>29986321
>You can get all your Gen6 mon in January when patch comes out.
Yeah but not their Mega Stones.

>BP = Battle Point. You get them for battling in the Battle Tree or doing Battle Royals.
Is that online bullshit or just extra stuff somewhere in the game?

>>29986330
>We couldn't trade between DPPt/HGSS
This is a joke, right? I definitely traded Platinum Pokemon to SS.
>>
Where can I find Drampa?
>>
>>29986352
>>29986401
Victory road otherwise known as mount la something
>>
>>29986384
It's the same thing as the Battle Tower in previous game.

You can't trade between Generations aside from Gen 1 and Gen 2. Get over it. It's been 5 Generation since.
>>
>>29986384
He's grouping D/P/P/HG/SS together dingus, you couldn't trade pokemon from any of those to the B/W games
>>
>>29986401
Mount Lanakila in Moon.
>>
File: 1422546475653.gif (2MB, 300x290px) Image search: [Google]
1422546475653.gif
2MB, 300x290px
>>29986354
>So exactly the same as most gyms that aren't straight lines
Gyms don't make you complete fetch quests or take pictures. They're mazes with trainers, not minigames.

>Which equal gym leaders with less than 3 mons
Other than lacking the design, style, personality, etc.
Not to mention that gym leaders beyond the first town or two having less than three Pokemon is pretty pathetic.

But yeah no, fighting a weasel with Trump hair is totally as cool as fighting Surge or Flannery.
>>
>>29986141
How long do I wait? Do I need it to be Day Time in Moon?
>>
>>29986490
I believe.
>>
>>29986427
In like the icy cave? Or past that?
>>
>>29972646
Where do I obtain a Roseli Berry?
>>
>>29986428
>Get over it.
Kinda hard to get over the fact that they've never been able to handle a sequel as good as the move from Gen 1 to 2 by a huge margin.
>>
>>29986517
yeah
>>29986523
I believe you just get it randomly from picking up fallen berries from trees
>>
anyone know if any preload links are still up
>>
Where do you get machamp pokeride?
>>
>>29986562
5th island
>>
>>29986562
4th Island
>>
>>29986562
4 island start
>>
>>29986260
Why the fuck do Mega Evolutions even exist if they're going to cut a hundred of them every generation?

How does a competitive scene for these games even exist? Or are Mega Evolutions not used in competitive play?
>>
i am at Poni breaker Coast and there's this pokemon you can follow and runs of the screen. Is there any in-game event there or is it purely visual?
>>
>>29986619
Megas aren't VGC legal in the first season of Gen 7
>>
>>29986176
Everyone knows how to breed. The problem is that breeding is really boring and unfun and not worth the effort.
>>
>>29986651
Just inject. =^)
>>
>>29986628
it is wimpoid you have to be faster than it to catch it and start a wild encounter
>>
>>29986619
Mega stones for non-Alolamons will be available once the mons are actually available you retard
Why would they hand you a Mega Stone for a literally unavailable Mega? Hell, the PokeBank update probably gets you them.
>>
>>29986705
Is it a special wimpoid or something?
>>
>>29986732
No, that's just how you obtain Wimpod.

Either charge it with Tauros or go around when you get Sharpedo.
>>
>>29986552
Yeah it's in the icy cave?
>>
>>29985925
>pikipek, yungoos, rattata, caterpie, ledyba, spinarak, pikachu, grubbin, slowpoke, wingull, abra, meowth, magnetmite, grimer, growlithe, drowzee, makuhita, ghastly, drifloon, misdreavus, zubat, diglett, spearow, vullaby, mankey, delibird, cutiefly, petilil, cottonee, psyduck, machop, rockruff
>also electric oricorio, smeargle and crabrawler although hard to find

Cool cool cool, thank you so much.

I wanna do a run with only new and alola form pokemon, so there's a nice range.
>>
>>29986732
Wimpods never appear in tall grass you can only find them in overworld as far as i know
>>
Bewear or Kommo-o?
>>
>>29986751
yeah
>>
>>29986778
do you need a tank?
yes, Bewear
no, Kommo-o
>>
>>29986753
no problem, had the pokedex open already. i'm doing the same here, first run in a new game is always a new pokemon run for me

pikipek, yungoos, rattata (night only), grubbin plus the starter, you can have almost a full team of new forms and pokemon right there when you got your first pokeballs
>>
>>29986384
>I definitely traded Platinum Pokemon to SS.

You misread my post, I said you couldn''t trade from Gen 4 to Gen 5.

>>29986203
Just inject it :^)
>>
about to leave the first island here, is there a fast way to go back? haven't catched a crabrawler here and the berries things aren't respawning so I may come back later or tomorrow maybe but dunno if it's easy or fast to come back to the first island from the second one.
>>
>>29986901
you obtain charizard mid way through the island and you can just ride the boat back
>>
>>29986901
Just go to any port. And Crabrawler spawn on any Berry patch.
>>
>>29986726
>Mega stones for non-Alolamons will be available once the mons are actually available you retard
How was I supposed to fucking know that? In X/Y the Mega Stones were just randomly available all over the place from random NPCs and shit, not in some BP store.
>>
>>29986790
>>29986401
Does it have to be at night? The cave right before the pokemon center?
>>
>>29987005
You would know, if you played the game. =^)
>>
>>29986959
>>29986971
thanks for the replies. so there's berry patches on other islands too, I feel dumb now.
>>
>>29987018
Drampa appears in any time of the day it is just somewhat rare
>>
>>29980927
Toucannon was a beast when I played through the first time.
Gave mine Brick Break, Beak Blast, Bullet Seed, and Fury Attack.
Besides being walled by ghosts like Gastly, it's a great birb for a play through
>>
Where abouts do you get an ice stone
>>
Bout to start Battle Tower thoughts on my team?

Cloyster
Garchomp
Mega Kang
>>
What's the best nature for an Aggron? What should I dump it's EVs into?
>>
Do male Salandit's only ever call for other male Salandit's or what?
>>
>>29987289
Po town
>>29987463
aggron isn't even in gen 7 go to another thread anon
>>29987508
no it is just 87.5% male rate
>>
So my starter Pokemon is always shaking left to right when entering battle and it always says it gets a boosted EXP now after battle.

What the hell happened?
>>
>>29987893
affection bonus, probably
>>
>>29987934
Seems like it.
Since when is this a thing?
>>
>>29987634
>aggron isn't even in gen 7 go to another thread anon
Nothing in the OP implied this thread was only for gen 7.
>>
>>29987979
It has been a thing since gen 6 if you don't want your pokemons to become unholy beings of infinite crits surviving hits with one hp and outright curing themselves of status don't feed them not mentioning the boosted exp
>>
Should I get rid of my Kommo-o for a Bewear? This thing honestly seems a little weak.
>>
Where do I get Type:Null?
>>
File: lele-chan cute.jpg (83KB, 500x588px) Image search: [Google]
lele-chan cute.jpg
83KB, 500x588px
>>29985623
Can you buy an Old Amber from the NPC on the 2nd island too? (Or any other location?) Or is the gift on the first island the only (/earliest) way to get it?
>>
>>29988074
Yes
>>29988093
Post-E4
>>
>>29988093
After beating the E4, go to Aether Foundation conservation floor, you get it as a gift from an NPC
>>
Any list with all the pokemon available through Island scan?
>>
>>29988108
Last island gift for Aerodactyl. The shop only sells your two version exclusive fossils.
>>
If i SOS battle and encounter a sandile and it calls for help then a Gabite appears.
If i kill the sandile will the Gabite call for other Gabites?
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.