[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kartana

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 1

File: kartana.png (73KB, 580x288px) Image search: [Google]
kartana.png
73KB, 580x288px
>181 Attack (scary!)
>90 base power strongest attack, which is Grass type (ultra common resists)
>70 base power next strongest attack, which is Steel type (very common resists)

Base attack stat required to match the power of these moves by merit of just having a 120 power STAB move like a proper physical mon: 123

WELCOME TO UU, MY FRIEND
>>
>>29964587
what else does origami learn
>>
>>29964587
I'm pretty sure with how ORAS BL turned out and Kokoloko still being active that won't be the case.
>>
>>29964587
Not to mention its STAB coverage is pretty retarded
>>
>>29964587
Also,

>Charmander used Ember!
>>
>>29964658
no it didn't
>>
Yeah, the ridiculous attack stat will save it from being lower than UU. That stat spread is all kinds of retarded tho.
>>
>>29964612
Several other slashing attacks of various types, search Kartana on Google
>>
>>29964707
Not exactly, considering it has just enough speed to outrun most forms of UU offense (and does okay against the majority of unboosted OUs) and can set up on most phys mons like Ferrothorn with something like Swords Dance + Substitute
>>
>>29964612
It gets sacred sword for steel types, but still has problems hitting fire types without a swords dance/beast boost.
>>
>No grass types above UU.
Da fuck is this? Gen II?
>>
>>29964587

That aside, I think it has its place. Max Def/Spd means it's something you can switch in, and you'll have to likely make do with non-STAB moves but you'll hit hard regardless.

Baton Pass some ATK boosts and it won't even matter what's STAB and what isn't.
>>
>>29964806
>what is serperior
>what is tangrowth
>what is amoonguss
>what is venusaur
>>
>>29964587
You are forgetting z-moves.
>>
>>29964587
>literally anything used ember
No, really
>31 SpD
>x4 weakness to type with lots of special moves
>>
>>29964828
I am talking about this gen.
>>
>>29964676
Are you new here?
>>
>>29964863
In that case Venusaur's still a good OU cockblocker for sure and it'll take a while for Celebi, Tangrowth, Amoonguss, and other bulky grasses to adjust to constant tier shifts.

Tapu Bulu is definitely ready to murder OU though
>>
>>29964855
Well, yeah, but it would be a stupid idea to let it in against something with Fire coverage.
>>
>>29964899
Happy to know that desu. I luv the grass type!
>>
>>29964863
Do old OU pokémon suddenly stop existing? A few will drop sure but not all grass types will
>>
>>29964899
tapu bulu doesn't get any physical fairy stab desu

unless they patch play rough into it and koko's movepools the best they can hope for is being BL
>>
>>29964913
Agreed. It's not the Fire pokemon using the predicted Fire attacks: the real danger is that any random Pokemon packing HP Fire can instantly KO it without warning, probably even uninvested from an off-stat. Pokemon will run it just to kick Kartana in the balls.
>>
>>29964963
Some higher-ups on Smogon are pretty sure Bulu will make a huge splash in OU, only balanced out by low speed and limited coverage, if that's any indication, but we'll see.
>>
>>29964963
Fairy STAB doesn't really help Bulu since Wood Hammer hits like a nuke and Fairy doesn't let it blow past what'll check Wood Hammer, such as Steel, Fire or Poison types.
>>
>>29964972
0 SpA Life Orb Dugtrio Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 312-369 (120.4 - 142.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

top kek

And with Dugtrio getting an Attack buff Life Orb is a perfectly reasonable item on it
>>
>>29964963
>implying it needs it considering the other moves it gets.
>>
>>29965060
I mean synthesis and a reliable Fighting-type move would be nice, but yeah it's already great
>>
>>29965023
Grass is also resisted by Dragon, Bug, Grass, and Flying, meaing in OU it will struggle to get past bulky mons of these types like Latias, Tangrowth, Zapdos, Mandibuzz, Dragonite, M-Altaria, etc
>>
>>29965046
Ferrothorn and pelliper are going to bring back the rain baby
>>
>>29964587
236+ SpA Feebas Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kartana: 120-144 (100.8 - 121%) -- guaranteed OHKO
>>
>>29965112
Yeah

Some guy on a rain thread in Smogon actually recommended Kartana since it cucks most defensive Rain checks with Substitute + Swords Dance + whatever attacks, like Amoonguss and Ferrothorn.
>>
>>29965046
0 SpA Technician Mega Scizor Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Ferrothorn: 432-512 (122.7 - 145.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

dam, what a meme.
>>
>>29965046
>implying anyone is going to use Dugtrio until January since A-Duggy doesn't even get Arena Trap, which is 100% of the reason to use Dugtrio at all
>implying standard duggy doesn't almost exclusively use focus sash
>>
>>29964587
>use a Z-Move to compensate for low power moves
>get a kill
>get +1 Attack from Beast Boost
>>
>>29965110
it gets Superpower, Megahorn, and Stone Edge senpai
>>
>>29964828
Ferrothorn?
>>
>>29965195
ok cool

what's the most sexual set
>>
>>29965162
100 attack w/ Choice Band or Life Orb is still hitting decently hard and a lot of people are vouching based on calcs.

Otherwise Sash + Screech is still a valid set I'll give you that
>>
>>29965162
Sash Dugtrio misses the Ohko sometimes but its still possible
>>
>>29965217
Choice Band set w/ 4 attacks

Miracle Seed or Life Orb + Taunt + Three attacks is pretty good if you're feeling too many grass resists on the opposing team
>>
>>29965162
What advantage does A-Dugtrio even have over the original? The attack buff and arena trap makes it useless.

I could only see it being better if it has a higher speed stat than Dug. If it's the same, there's no reason to use it whatsoever.
>>
>>29965261
locking yourself into a type resisted by almost half the types in the game seems unwise

>>29965269
there is none desu
>>
>>29965269
Steel typing provides the ghost of bulk and it gets Iron Head
>>
>>29965308
Literally who cares when you're 2HKOing those same resists w/ Wood Hammer and Leech Horn and half of them can't do actually shit about it thanks to Bulu's defenses (invested or no) and typing

Otherwise you can just use Life Orb or Miracle Seed which gives you Taunt
>>
>>29964853
this could kick ass with Fightium-Z + Sacred Sword
>>
>>29964587
>Moxie
>109 speed
>Good coverage
>Good defensive typing and physical bulk
>Sacred sword in case you want to kill a wall that setup

If anything Kartana has the highest chances to be the first new guy who ends up in Ubers this gen.
Don't worry, I'm not expecting you, aka the same people who shat on MZard, MMence and MSlowbro etc, to understand.
>>
>>29964587
How many of these can you catch in the game? Is it shiny locked?
>>
>>29964587

>implying it won't be banned in the water filled UU tier.

ok
>>
>>29965308
It 2HKOs Mega Metagross and Latias with Wood Hammer. Latios is straight up OHKO'd. That's with a resist.
>>
>>29965414
Yes
>>
>>29965414
All UBs are shiny locked

It's a fucking shame because Kartana has an amazing shiny
>>
>>29964587
So who are all the nonuber physical mons who have 120 BP STAB moves that happen to hit as hard as Kartana (ie are stronger than it with items, not just boosted higher than it itemless due to a mega that actually doesn't measure up)?
Just looking at the list of Pokemon by base stats on bulbapedo:
>Terrakion, Heracross
>Kyurem (all), Dragonite, Salamence, Garchomp hit harder than it
>Druddigon hits nearly as hard as it
>Escavalier hits harder than it
>Flareon hits harder than it
>Meloetta hits harder than it
>Honchkrow hits harder than it
>Gallade hits harder than it
>Sawk hits harder than it
>Mienshao hits harder than it
>Pangoro hits harder than it
>Emboar hits harder than it
>Braviary hits as hard as it
>Hitmonlee hits harder than it
>Lots of pokemon with power-boosting abilities like Megazard X (Tough Claws), Alolan Golem (Galvanize) and Medicham (Pure Power) probably hit harder
>Obviously Rampardos, Slaking and Darmanitan embarrass it
>Conk doesn't run Superpower but if he did, he'd hit harder than Kartana
list just goes on and on, I'm missing plenty that get boosted by their abilities I'm sure.

STAB Hi Jump Kick users need only 110 base attack to equal Kartana.
STAB Head Smash users need only 89 base attack to equal Kartana.

I'm not sure what the point was, I'm autistic sorry. I guess it's just that Kartana isn't as strong as it looks.
>>
>>29965485
Any pic?
>>
>>29965576
Now which of them are naturally fast and increase their attack with each kill?
>>
>>29965640
What kills, it's hitting with Grass and Steel STABs lmao
>>
>>29965675
As usual you retards will only shut up when you get BTFOed by complete evidence, so let's just meet again once the dude gets banned after a week
>>
>>29965640
Mega Beedrill with Meme Stinger
>>
>>29965412
I was almost starting to get depressed while looking at the incompetency of this thread.
Thank you my friend, and let's use Kartana first week to show how those low-ladder shitters how deeply retarded they are.
>>
>>29965716
>>29965928
Ok, looking now I may see what you guys see in Kartana. I'm willing to bet this was actually purpose-built to abuse Z-Attacks.

>Extremely high attack
>Learns multiple attacks that are otherwise mediocre, of very many types
>Swords Dance and Beast Boost stacks
Now its starting to make more sense. I think most defensive checks you can list for Kartana could be one-shot by a boosted Z-Attack.
>>
252+ SpA Weedle Hidden Power Fire vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Kartana: 272-320 (104.6 - 123%) -- guaranteed OHKO

are memes coming alive
>>
>>29966584
Weedle can't even learn HP Fire, fuccboi
>>
>>29964587
I dont get why this was steel/grass whilst celesteela is steel/flying
>>
>>29966803
Whoa
>>
>>29965308
>locking yourself into a type resisted by almost half the types in the game seems unwise
It doesn't matter as much when that move has the same base power as V-Create as long as Grassy Terrain is active
>>
I'm looking at it, and the only real weakness is that it can't switch in to any time of special attacker, even resisted. Too many are going to 2-shot it, AND most outspeed it- Mega Diancie, Lati@s, Starmie, Gengar (lol), Alakazam, Thunderuus, Tornadus, M-Manrectric, etc.

That said, it cannot be allowed near UU. There's nothing there that could conceivably tank it, and not enough to outspeed and pick on it's low SpecD. Get one switch on some physical mon, and it's going to murder something.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.