[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Pokemon Solar Eclipse and Lunar Eclipse for the Switch/3DS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: cosmog.png (120KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cosmog.png
120KB, 500x500px
>Pokemon Solar Eclipse and Lunar Eclipse for the Switch/3DS
>enhanced port of Sun & Moon with more content, an additional island, new Megas and exclusive Z-Moves and a Delta Episode-like epilogue plot with Lillie coming back and putting Necrozma on the spotlight at the end
>Switch version runs butter smooth at 720p on portable mode, 3DS version runs even worse than the original game
Would this make you get the Switch or would you just get it on the 3DS, /vp/?
>>
The Switch meme again, huh? The next games are going to be back on the 3DS, it'll be another BW2 situation. Gen 8 will drop 2018 on the Switch
>>
Probably get one on 3DS and one on Switch, if I have a Switch at that point. Not really bothered by bad framerates, it's an rpg.
>>
>switching (hehehe) console midway through a Gen
Are you new or retarded? Next game will still be 3DS only but anything after that is fair game.
>>
>>29961186
>>29961245
I didn't say the next games weren't going to be on the 3DS.
>>
>>29961263
I know but they aren't going to be on Switch.
>>
I'm planning to get the Switch anyway.
>>
As much as I'd love to have a Pokemon game on the Switch as soon as possible, I just can't see it happening before at least one more 3DS game.

And it has nothing to with lore/mechanics/patterns/etc.

Gamefreak and Nintendo poured a LOT of manpower and money into developing a new engine for the Pokemon games, and it's extremely unlikely that they wouldn't use the engine in a game one more time before having to adapt or modify it for a new console's architecture.

It's basically one of the main reasons why we get the remakes in general. FireRed/LeafGreen reused Ruby/Sapphire's engine. HeartGold/Soulsilver reused Diamond/Pearl's engine. OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire reused X/Y's engine.

And the reason there weren't remakes to use Black/White's engine? Black 2/White 2 altered the "3rd game" formula by having two games with a significantly different plot and an enhanced game world. Gamefreak was clever with that gen, because they got enough mileage out of the engine to make it worth developing AND didn't have to develop 5 games for a generation.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.