[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does Ou and Nu mean?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

What does Ou and Nu mean?
>>
>>29959740
Ou = Over Used
Nu = Never Used
>>
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/
they are smogon's tiers. Smogon uses tiers to allow comparatively weak pokemon to flourish, at least somewhere.
>Ubers: nothing is banned(except mega fug)
>OU: Over-used: many legendaries, a few strong pokemon, moves, and abilities are banned.
>UU: Under-used: incrementally more strong pokemon are banned
>RU: Rarely used pokemon
>NU: Never used pokemon
>PU: these pokemon just stink

any noob's first reaction would be to decry banning of anything bad, but if you go to ubers with your in-game bros, you'll get stomped by legendaries. if you go to OU, you'll probably get stomped by starters and pseudo-legendaries, so these different rulesets of bans actually allow more pokemon to be played with
>>
File: 1467325587059.png (266KB, 812x580px) Image search: [Google]
1467325587059.png
266KB, 812x580px
>>29959740
Outside umbrella and never understood respectively
>>
>>29959951
Is wobbuffet and mega kangaskhan still banned?
>>
>>29959951
My level 100 Charizard and Dragonite beat a team of Arceus once lol
>>
WE
>>
>>29960127
That's because the team of Arceus was likely A) not EV'd at all (even if you weren't intentionally EV training, you would've gotten max EVs by actually leveling them, while someone with 6 Arceus likely just hacked them in at L100), B) had shit moves, and C) being played by a worse player.
>>
>>29960220
No tiers are just bullshit my Charizard even learned Draco Meteor at level 100 is that normal?
>>
>>29960390
are you retarded?
>>
>>29959767
>>29959951
Thanks guys
>>
>>29959951
But what does the P stands for?
>>
>>29960847
Are you memeing or do you just not understand common english phrases?
>>
>>29960847
Nothing. It's just that the NU tier got so large that they needed a tier under it, and gave said tier a joke name.
>>
>>29961000
PU = Poorly Used (= poo)
>>
>>29960847
Say "pee-you" out loud. If you can't connect it after that, it's basically a something people will say after smelling something awful. For a long time it was only an unofficial name, but NU got so big they went and made it real. FU (fuck you) not occupies that slot.
>>
>>29960847
Practically Useless
>>
>>29961141
Wasn't there discussion of making FU an official tier ?
>>
A big problem of Smogon's tier system is that OU and UU are dominated by the top 20 threads of each tier. For example, Shiftry and Lanturn are not bad, even in OU. But they have no chance in UU, because of the common Entei and Mega-Sceptile. That's why they were classified as NU.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.