[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some of the most underused Pokemon by Game Freak in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

What are some of the most underused Pokemon by Game Freak in main games?

Glameow/Purugly surely is one of them. The only game where you can catch Glameow in the main part of the game is Pearl, not even Platinum, and its only obtainable after 5th badge.

You cant find it in any other game, at least until post game

Another one is Pineco, avaible only in Johto and only via hedbutting trees and even then its rather rare

Other examples? (Dont really count 5 or 6 gen mons because they're fairly new)
>>
>>29959250

It'd be cool for Purrloin and Glameow to be Sun/Moon exclusive catmons.

I think Bonsly/Sudowoodo arent in the games like ever outside of Gen 2, maybe Gen 4 and the gen 2 remakes.
>>
File: 1475555359919.png (794KB, 1024x614px) Image search: [Google]
1475555359919.png
794KB, 1024x614px
Why does GF hate my favorite cat mon?
>>
Neon fish.
>>
>>29959320
Bonsly's decently easy to get early Sun/Moon, and Sudowoodo are blocking a route for a bit.
>>
>>29959325
Actually it is in SM
>>
>>29959366

Oh, sick.

What of Bellsprout? Oddish is always there but sproutbro gets left out of Gen 3 and beyond
>>
>>29959320
You can catch sudowoodo in x and y.
>>
>>29959421
Bellsprout was in Kalos
>>
Basculin and Smeargle.
>>
Sinnoh starters to an extent, available in Sinnoh games and only obtainable in ORAS after you beat the E4 rematch.
Venonat, Krabby and the Hitmon-line, last regional Dex they were in was the Johto dex.

>>29959421
Bellsprout is in Kalos, but almost everything was in Kalos so that's not really impressive.
>>
Taillow was only in RSEORAS wasn't it?
>>
>>29959487
Kalos too.
>>
>>29959500

Well fuck Kalos
>>
>>29959250
I've actually attempted to use Purugly on an ingame team several times before, and it always turns out to be unavailable. Even in fuckin romhacks.

I think the Glameow line must be some of the most forgotten Pokémon of all time. You don't even see NPCs ever use them.
>>
>>29959518
That I can agree with.

>>29959527
I think the Singles Maison Chatelaine uses a Purugly. But yeah, I'm sure that's pretty much it outside the Sinnoh games.
>>
>>29959320
Sudowoodo appears in Trevenant hordes in XY.
>>
It was hard getting one of these in XY since no one had it up for a reasonable trade when I looked on GTS a few years back but luckily I got one through wondertrading.
>>
>>29959518
Because it had a Pokemon you asked about?

wew lad
>>
>>29959250
Kricketune line can only be caught on all Gen 4 games and ORAS, not even on Safari Zone or Alola.

Darmanitan can only be caught on all Gen 5 games and ORAS, not even on Safari Zone or Alola.
>>
>>29959250
>What are some of the most underused Pokemon by Game Freak in main games?

Nobody likes Stantler.
>>
>>29959455
>Smeargle

It's in XY.
>>
Literally only single stage shitmons have never seen the light of a team, people have used Purugly, Forretress, Sudowoodo, Finneon, etc before. It's Pokemon like Qwilfish, Luvdisc and Basculin that no one uses.
>>
>>29959250
Considering how much of the pokedex is water and normal, I imagine a lot of the in-game underused mons are of those types.

For example in Gen I, there were a shit ton of water types, but since you get the good/super rod relatively late, most folks had either Squirtle, Gyarados, Vaporeon or Lapras as their water type.
>>
>>29959487
I caught a shiny Swellow in post game BW
>>
don't know if this really counts, but in RS, chimecho had a 1% encounter rate on mt. pyre summit, a small area with very little grass that you only go once

and no trainer in the game uses it, so you'll never see one for your dex
>>
>>29962117
We're mostly talking about regional dexes, though.

>>29962373
Don't forget you don't even have to go in the grass at the summit for story purposes so it's really easy to miss.
>>
>>29959250
Purugly is catchable on mirage islands in ORAS, I didn't think they were that rare...
>>
>>29962373
This always bothered me. When I was little for the longest time I couldn't figure out what the empty slot on my pokedex was for and it was a single stage Pokémon so I had no clue what or where it could be
>>
Pineco was last available in HGSS, right? Just like most of Gen2.
>>
lickitung. even with lickilicky, who uses or remembers lickitung most of the time. also gf's deliberate forgetting of jynx
>>
>>29959250
glameow is glamourus but purugly is just pure ugly.
>>
>>29962373
To this day that remains the one Pokemon that was the hardest for me to actually encounter. I spent days trying to find it.
>>
Stunky is only available in Diamond and X/Y I think.
Outside of post game, I don't think krabby can be caught outside of gen 1/2/remakes.
>>
>>29962373
iirc it's also after rayquaza and jirachi in the internal index list, so it's like that little 1% shitmon was added as a laugh right at the end of development or something
>>
bellsprout line, qwilfish, delibird, phanpy line, castform, chimecho, glameow line, carnivine, finneon line,
>>
>>29962373
I remember seeing it while looking for my Shuppet back in Ruby
>>
File: 250px-200Misdreavus.png (60KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-200Misdreavus.png
60KB, 250x250px
>Pearl (not Platinum)
>HeartGold/SoulSilver
>Sun/Moon

That's it. Every other game it's only available post-game or not at all.
>>
File: 1477742979272.gif (224KB, 264x200px) Image search: [Google]
1477742979272.gif
224KB, 264x200px
Porygon is always either extremely obnoxious to obtain or it's evolution's aren't available till postgame, usually both
>>
Next Gen Gamefreak needs to go all out. Space out all sorts of underused Pokemon in the new region. Or bring back swarms and have lots of them.
>>
>>29959466
>>29959451
Kalos really felt like a cheap randomizer, they did much better with the spread in SM
>>
>>29963156
>can literally buy it or get given it in every game
>>
Regis are hard. That fucking mini water spot, bringing certain Pokemon in your team, reading Braille and not knowing which areas they appear was hard back in gen III. In gen IV, they're only obtainable with an event Regigigas (and only in Platinum). And in ORAS is basically the same than in RSE, so they're only obtainable with really hard effort or googling.
>>
>>29959455
There's a place decently early in SM that I saw a fuckload of Smeargle in.
>>
Lots of Gen 2 shitmons like Aipom and Yanma
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.