[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want Pokemon Sun/Moon to fail...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (205KB, 1852x1037px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
205KB, 1852x1037px
I want Game Freak to know that they can't get away with Kanto pandering unscathed.
But this is Pokemon and you know how it is, when has any mainline Pokemon game ever failed commercially?
>>
>>29955913
Never because the vast majority of fans actually like Kanto shit being featured
>>
>>29955913
b2w2
>>
>>29955913
>they can't get away with Kanto pandering unscathed
They literally can
>>
>>29955913
The closest to failing where the ones with the least Gen I pandering, with the bests being the ones with the most.
Not gonna happen, man.
>>
>>29955913
>Flesh colored Hulk
Arousing.

Anyway, This game is going to do very very well. If X and Y where a rousing success, this is going to break records.
>>
>>29955913
They are not just getting away with it, they're having more success because of it.
>>
Anon gen 1 sells the best always just look at Go or any gen 1 merchandise and you'll see.

To GF it just makes sense for them to keep selling.
>>
>>29955939
Just because we buy the shit with it included doesn't mean we like it, it just means we have no other options because it's fucking everywhere.
>>
>>29955943
Is 7.8 million sales really considered a commercial failure?
>>
It's going to be a massive success
>>
>>29955913
>Most preordered 3DS game of all time
>The demo is the most downloaded 3DS software ever
They will get away with Kanto pandering, shitty FPS and will do it again.
>>
This trend of /vp/ hating Kanto is worse than any genwunner I've seen. They're the Pokémon everyone know, get over it.
>>
>>29955913
Roms of RBY just sold like hotcakes not too long ago

Just give up anon its hopeless

Are you gonna cry foul whenever a new random shitty cawadooty breaks sales records?
>>
>>29955913
So, to get this straight, you're upset that they're revisiting the first game in the series on their 20th anniversary?

I want to see a group of Metroid fans key your car anon.
>>
>>29956266
>implying the pandering is limited to this year
>>
>>29955913
>People still mad about the Kanto pandering
>In the fucking 20th Anniversary

Not counting Pokemon GO got the original 150 back into the spotlight. You're fucking dumb.
>>
>>29956341
What other years have they Kanto pandered?

ORAS didn't have Kanto pandering, nor B&W, nor Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.

I guess XY had some but it was minimal. I think you're just seeing things that are not there.
>>
>>29956704
Wow man it's as if Kanto/Generation 1 isn't the only region/generation.
>>
>>29956727
>he thinks the kanto pandering in XY was 'minimal'

I mean I guess in comparison to how much of it there is in SM it is, but that's not really saying much.
>>
I really really hope the sales do terrible. It would make me so happy.
>>
>>29956814
They'll sell by the bucket load and the majority of people playing will either enjoy the Gen 1 stuff or being entirely indifferent. Stay salty.
>>
I'd much rather have Gen 1 Pandering than the Lucario Pandering GF have been attempting on the side, at least Gen 1 has more than 1 Pokemon.

How much does Lucario feature in Sun/Moon anyway?
>>
>>29955913
I don´t want them to fail. I want them to have a serious competitior, who steals the audience. This will make them go further.

Pokemon don´t have competition anywhere. Yokai watch came close but well they are fading.
>>
XY should have been the bomb. Seriosuly. The absolute, hands down worst Pokemon games.
>>
>>29956748
So...two games (X/Y & Sun/Moon), not even a full Gen.

You're too easy to trigger /vp/ if you call 2 games "excessive pandering"
>>
>>29956871
Lucario isn't even in this region
>>
>>29956937

What do you gain from lying on the internet?
>>
>>29956736
Whatever you like it or not, Gen 1 is the perfect Gen to attract both new people and people who fell off Pokemon. They are the most recognizable set of Pokemon.
Of course Alolan Forms and Mega Evos would center on Gen 1 cause they easy convery the idea of a new Form since said Pokemon are mroe recognizable.

Do you think outside people would be wowed by some Gen 5 or 4 Pokemon having an Alolan Form? For them they are Literal Whos

>B-buh they should pander to me, I'm a loyal follower

Hardcore gamer appeal can't be the only thing they cans ell to with a franchsie as huge as Pokemon. Remember these are three companies (GF, Nintendo and the Pokemon Co.) over ownership of a single franchise.

Not counting Pokemon GO spread like wildfire but gave no real money to Nintendo or GF so they need something to attract that mass to get an actual 3DS.
>>
>>29956921
Two out of the last three, with the third only not having so much pandering because it was a remake of a game from before it got so bad. And that's only counting the main series games and nothing else in the franchise.

Come on man, you can't seriously be arguing that there isn't a lot of gen one pandering going on these days, surely?
>>
>>29955913
That's bad because they deviated from the formula

We would get more XY tier games if it happens
>>
>>29957042
Gen one was 20 years ago. Hardly anyone who hasn't played since then is going to come back just because they made Raticate fat and black.
>>
>>29956857
You mad that this is only your third generation of playing?

I want sales to bomb so gamefreak is forced to get actually creative and put some effort in the future games.

Casuals buying the games without thinking is only going to make them think Sun/Moon and X/Y is what we want when it's not even close to what we want.

Gamefreak needs to understand that we haven't gotten a decent mainline pokemon game since B/W2 and Sun/Moon won't change that.
>>
>>29956911
Took you long enough to make sense Jimmy.
>>
>>29955913
>If Gen 7 fails, GF will understand that people have enough of Gen 1 and will push the other gens more!
>They will in no way understand that only the first generation left any strong impression in the mainstream, which would lead them to pander to it even more.

Its just like how DC's biggest character is Batman, so they put him in almost everything or make their rest of their universe as close to him as possible.

The first generation is the safest option for them. Sun and Moon failing won't change that in anyway. It's the opposite. I guarantee you that at one point, a new Generation will be all about revisiting Kanto.

If you're lucky, it will be a Switch game with the whole world in 3D, Kanto variants of newer Pokemon and a story happening years after Red's.
>>
>>29957042
>implying everyone's first gen. was gen. 1

And yes I do think people would be wowed by Gen. 4 and Gen. 5 Pokemon getting Alolan forms.
>>
>>29956124
Well, kinda. The guy who directed it hasn't directed a pokemon game ever since. I hope Ohimori does well because he has some amazing ideas
>>
>>29957158
Don't reply to tripfags. You're just being as bad as him.
>>
>>29957202
The greentext here is exactly the problem. The gen one pandering is so widespread that there is no product I can buy that says 'I support pokemon but would rather you actually make new stuff rather than keep rehashing gen one'.
>>
>>29955913
>they can't get away with Kanto pandering unscathed
They have, they can, they will continue

> I want Pokemon Sun/Moon to fail
It wont.

Stay mad, faggot. Keep posting shitty blog entries like the pathetic crybaby twat you are. Your tears are fucking delicious, cunt.
>>
>>29957154
7th actually man. And you mean it's not even close to what YOU want.
>>
>>29957363
>>29957397

Epic fail. GTFO kid.
>>
i never finished Y nor AS. aside from main games, what else is there worthwhile to do in them? for Y i'd like to buy all the clothing, but so far that's it.
>>
>>29956124
>7.8
>too much gen 1 pandering
its ORAS all over again!
>>
BW2 really was one of the better games in the series. It didn't sell well because it was a sequel to a game that was unpopular because it went too far in the other direction to the gen one pandering we have now.

Modern GF seems to have a hard on for all or nothing game design and don't seem to understand that it's possible to include gen one pokemon without overdoing it.
>>
>>29957100
In fact, I know one guy who hates Pokemon Sun and Moon because they "changed his favourites" (gave Vulpix and Sandshrew Alolan forns)
>>
according to gamefreak only gen 1 matters and rest of the generations are just a bunch of footnotes to them.

gamefreak: a yokai-watch? WE'LL STEAL İT! NO ONE WİLL EVER KNOW!.
>>
>>29957100
To be fair, the Alolan forms got a friend of my interested in Pokemon again for the first time since GS. Haven't spoken to him in a few months though, so no idea if he's still planning to get the game after seeing more of them.
>>
>>29956123
>we

Do you really think /vp/ is representative of the people buying Pokemon Sun and Moon as a whole?
The kids buying it won't care about the pandering and the returning fans will either enjoy it or be apathetic towards it.
>>
>>29958374
Or maybe 'we' refers to 'people who don't like the gen one pandering but still want to play the new games for the other aspects of it'.
>>
everyone, say it with me!
op
>op
is
>is
a
>a
faggot
>faggot
>>
>>29955913
>I want Game Freak to know that they can't get away with Kanto pandering unscathed.

Why the fuck would they ever draw that conclusion from anything? Y'all are delusional as fuck
>>
>>29955913
>I want EVERYONE to hate this game because I don't like something about it!
>>
>>29955913
If SM failed, they would just stop making new games and do nothing BUT pander to genwunners. Get over yourself.
>>
>>29959210
if sun and moon fails they make pokemon games that's more pandering to genwunners

if sun and moon sells (extremely) well they make pokemon games that's more pandering to genwunners

its a morton's fork situation
(http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MortonsFork)
>>
>>29956124
It did better than any other third versions, don't let anyone tell you it didn't do well.
>>
>>29960536
TVTropes man? Really?
>>
>>29958988
Now, cha cha real smooth!
>>
>>29960563
I'm sorry.

but i couldn't find another analogy.
>>
>>29955913
Have you considered you're way too deep into something when you want it to fail b/c you don't like some part of made-up fictional worlds and put real actual anger in to that?
>>
>>29960563
>LE REALLY

lad just go
>>
>>29961374
>go
Normie, plz go
>>
>>29961374
How does it feel to be so young that you can't think of certain words or phrases as anything but a meme?
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 331x516px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 331x516px
Why should you get what you want? You're just petty that the game doesn't personally please you. That's so wildly pathetic, I'm amazed.
>>
>Non-spinoff Pokemon game
>Failing

good luck
>>
>>29958949
Still the severe minority, but please keep trying to inflate your argument like there are actually alot of normies who want more than RBY tributes.
>>
Here's the problem OP.
If it fails they won't think that it was the Kanto pandering- from the outside, if you haven't been paying close attention to the marketing as a lot of casual fans don't (i.e., their largest market) it doesn't look like there's much. They'll think they changed so much it turned people off.

Cue Gen 8- Goes back to the Kanto region with only 19 new Pokemon, 7 of which are evos/pre-evos of Kanto Pokemon and 9 of which are the new starters, and the remaining 2 being box legends... of course, you can get all three of the old Gen1 ones ala Yellow. Back to gym challenges and trainer battles, with no sidequests or anything.
>>
>>29960563
>Hating TV Tropes
>>
>>29963153
I'm sure they'll base it on actual feedback they get about the games as well dude.
>>
>>29963161
I mean some of the pages are interesting but you could fill a cringe thread with most of the WMGs and stuff.
>>
>>29963189
>implying Nintendo listens to fan feedback except when they specifically ask for it like with the Smash poll
Ah yes, that's why Color Splash is back to Paper Mario basics-- oh wait, it's not.
>>
>>29963268
I don't really know anything about Paper Mario to be honest man, I'm just saying they'll go by reviews and general fan reactions. Like it or not (I know I don't personally) the reason they're so reluctant to make a game with entirely new Pokemon again is because of the negative response BW got. They do listen sometimes dude. And Gamefreak isn't Nintendo.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.