[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mega Evolutions and their future

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

As much as gen 6 is hated around here and Mega evolutions are hated as well, I personally liked them a lot.
Megas were, at least in my opinion, a way to add some value to usually forgotten or universally loved pokemon and simply to spice up the rule of having only 3-stages evolutions, something as great as the introduction of baby pokemon and alternative forms.

Mega evolutions have been also used a lot in pokemon spin off games like Pokken or Shuffle and they had lots of merchandise. It seemed Megas were going to be a long lasting feature in the series and people used to speculate about new Mega forms for future games.

Unfortunately, everything is suggesting that Mega evolutions are already a dead feature. There are no new mega forms in SM, Masuda made it crystal clear that they want to experiment with new things (like Z moves) and pokedex entries of all Megas describe most of them as bloodlusting monsters.
It seems like Mega evolutions are really done for.

Or not?
Maybe GF will change their mind? Would you want to see more Mega evos?
Personally, yes. They have a lot of potential in my opinion.
Mind you, I don't give two shits about competitive, smogon and the likes, so Megas being OP never bothered me in the slightest. I just like the idea behind them, a bond between trainer and pokemon, and their designs.
Opinions?
>>
>>29953164
They'll be back in the Diamond and Pearl remakes, since remakes are allowed to have new shit like Megas now.
>>
>>29953967
Well, Primal Arceus needs to happen, at least.
>>
>>29953967
>>29954064
It'd be interesting to see Mega Giratina that has a different Mega appearance for each Forme.
>>
>>29953967
>>29954154
Also, Camilla's main pokemon is Garchomp which already got a Mega as well.
Hopefully the DP remakes will add new Mega evolutions.
>>
>>29953164
I still pray for the day of much needed megas like Ledian and Dusknoir.
>>
>>29953164
I'm hoping that Megas become a selling point for remakes going forward. There's a bit of an obvious hook--only Gen I and Gen III starters have megas.
>>
File: Flygon.png (49KB, 260x240px) Image search: [Google]
Flygon.png
49KB, 260x240px
>>29954305
Slow down there, Flygon goes first.
>>
>>29954343
As much as I think Flygon probably deserves a mega, and the fact they planned it apparently, there is still plenty of pokemon who need it more.

Hell, I want Mega Granbull first.
>>
>>29953164
If they are truly kill that's kinda stupid but whatever it wouldn't bug me too much.

They were never really used the way I think most of us wanted them to be, with a few exceptions they didn't give shitmons a new lease on life they just made already broken fan favorites more broken.

I really think the idea behind megas was never too add variety or improve balance in competitive, I think it was to give young kids something to freak out about.

>omg! Lucario can become even more awesome now! I have to have it!

Even in the case of a shitmon it did help like Beedrill it was still a fan favorite to begin with.

Megas were conceived of and largely used as a marketing ploy and I think the new sex entries just illustrate that further, kids are gonna love that shit and think it sounds super badass.
>>
>>29954459
>the new sex entries
Excuse me?
>>
>>29954513
*dex entries
>>
>>29954549
That freudian slip though
>>
>>29954459
Yeah, I gotta agree with this guy. I thought megas were dumb when I first saw them. But then I noticed they were giving pokemon without evolutions a new form/typing so I started to think it might be cool. Mega evolutions still turned out to be shit. Instead of balancing or fixing the game, GF seems to want to just add more powerful shit to distract people from the problems.
>>
>>29953164
>>29954459
The reason I dont like them is it started the trend of mechanical changes that were more about spectacle than balance.
>>
>delete all megas of 3-stage mons/legendaries
>make the other megas regular evolutions
Fixed it.
>>
>>29954803
Spectacle over balance started on the shift to doubles dude.
>>
>>29954882
>Delete the best mega
Bleah.
>>
>>29954882
Implying mega Garchomp, Latios, Tyranitar and Metagross are Broken.

It's stupid snowflake like the primals, Rayquaza, old Khangaskan, Blaziken and Gengar(The ability is the broken one not the mega stat wise) that pushed the envelope.

Heck some might argue that Mawile is broken on singles and is ridiculously effective in doubles with minimal support.

Most of the broken Megas are just broken because of their abilities, lo Blaziken outperforms it's mega for example.
>>
File: charizard18.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
charizard18.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
>>29955032
Charizard can be retconned into a Fire/Dragon with the best stats of both X and Y.
>>
>>29955079

Or just make it have different forms.
>>
>>29954882
Yeah dude, because Diancie, Latios and Garchomp are broken...

Bitch blame shit like Khangaskan, but pseudos and shit like that latitwins aren't broken on the slightest.

Look at Blaziken, the normal form is on parking with the mega, and you can run focus sash or LO and actually outdated or run another mega easily.
>>
>>29955079
>retconned
Good joke. The only times they change a type of a pokemon are when they add a new type, like Fairy.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.