[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BALLTISM BOYS REJOICE!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: Special Balls.png (18KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
Special Balls.png
18KB, 300x100px
>"Pokémon hatched from Eggs now have an apparent 50-50 chance to be in either parent's Poké Ball if the parents are a same-species couple."
>>
I'm honestly amazed that /vp/ isn't freaking out about this.
>>
>>29949513
How does this make anymore possible combinations that dont already exist?
>>
>>29949513
Gonna need a source on this
>>
>>29949513
Meh, would've been better if you could have a small percentage chance of having a different species male pass it down.
>>29949758
Still helps a few things though, like getting more Apricorn Ball Pokémon with HAs that aren't available in SM.
Moon Ball Sheer Force Nidoking for example.
>>
>>29949758
It means you can get balltism stuff with HAs and egg moves.
>>
>>29949758
that makes every combination legal, flat out
being able to inherit ability from one parent and ball from the other makes anything legal if thats how it truly works

you know aside from obvious unobtainable things you cant actually catch in the ball in the first place like safari ball starters or something
>>
>>29949787
I can confirm it. I recorded a test yesterday when I noticed it when breeding synchers. I just can't upload it because I don't want to get Nintendo'd

Don't know why they didn't bother to make it a 50/50 chance period, but whatever. Will be nice to have a Lure ball HA totodile and Moon ball HA Snivy when bank opens up..
>>
>>29949835
It has to be the same species, so it really only makes HA available to Johto ball mons now, and a few other obscure things.
>>
>>29949844
>Lure Ball Totodile
>Moon Ball Snivy
>Legal
I don't think you understand what OP was saying
>>
>>29949860
Johto and Unova starters are available in the wild in SM using the QR scan feature
>>
Along these lines, has anyone found more apricorn balls in SM yet or is it just the one of each?
>>
File: qr pokemon.png (103KB, 967x435px) Image search: [Google]
qr pokemon.png
103KB, 967x435px
>>29949860
I don't think you have actually played the game.
>>
>>29949872
Just one each. You gotta pray the Global link let's us have a way to get it, otherwise it's going to be a lot fucking resetting my second copy.
>>
>>29949891
There's also a slim chance with the Plaza shenanigans.
>>
>>29949872
Wait, the apricorn balls are available as balls to use in SM?
>>
>>29949900
I have not seen any concrete proof for the plaza even though the game leaked 8 days ago. So it's probably safe to assume it's not there.

I'm holding out for an updated pick up chart, but I don't think the dataminers have bothered with that yet.
>>
>>29949912
Yes, you get one of each during a normal playthrough. You get them on the third island so if you want a lot and the Global Link and/or pickup doesn't deliver, you're going to be doing a lot of resetting or praying your trade partners aren't hacking.

Or you know, just flat out hacking it and not caring. I'll suffer through reset hell for things though.
>>
>>29949513
From my experience, it is NOT 50-50
>>
>>29949920
Cant you just make pkhex put them on a pokemon
>>
>>29949920
Well, that's mostly because the Plaza heavily revolves around online gimmicks, of which there has been little, considering it's dumb to take the game online until it officially releases.
>>
>>29949948
You can, but I only use PKHex to fast view IVs. I'm a moralfag.

>>29949944
Same. I got two in about 12 eggs that inherited from the male.
>>
File: gold bottle cap.png (114KB, 399x239px) Image search: [Google]
gold bottle cap.png
114KB, 399x239px
>>29949952
I can't speak for the games (as I'm not an idiot and won't go online), but you get free "tags" every hour. So my plaza is rank 30ish. See: this. The first place prize of the three star lottery building.
>>
Damn now the whole science of ball, ha breeding has a new wrench in it, we have some crazy new challenges ahead. They should have just made the apricot balls uber expensive each, since they clearly didn't want to give us the ability to plant them like in gen 2. We will have to do lots of research, and use the balls wisely. I say still catch HA Females in the matching balls and breed for 5-6ivs and then just start a trading thread of females in matching balls, with full ivs. We should get a few males with the ball and expand from there. The kicker is catchable Pokemon variety and HA accessibility for those Pokemon (hopefully a guaranteed way to get around 3 ivs to start during capture. Then just synchronize for nature and reset if wrong nature or you waste the ball. Since I play legit I will be resetting other game for the apricot balls.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.