[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the fact that your character is a child ever remind you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1214789906072.png (226KB, 345x356px) Image search: [Google]
1214789906072.png
226KB, 345x356px
Does the fact that your character is a child ever remind you of the fact that, yes, this is a game for children meant as an escapist fantasy, and that your adult ass is investing hours into a childrens' game for no tangible reward nor the respect of anyone around you? That you're no only wasting your life, you're wasting your life with a toy and not even doing anything remarkable with it.

'cause is sure as hell bothers me.
>>
>>29947381
Cool then stop playing
>>
you are thinking way too much into it. You are a grown adult be proud and do whatever you want.
>>
No.
>>
You play it 'cause it's fun!
>>
File: 1477878401484.jpg (11KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1477878401484.jpg
11KB, 249x249px
I'm okay with taking an hour or two every day or so to escape. There's nothing to be ashamed of, it's a hobby.
>>
>>29947381
Why would you care about what others say or think? Half of our population is fucking retarded most of them enjoy reality shows or other shit that you think is stupid. If it makes you happy thats all it matters fuck everyone else and their hobbies.
>>
>>29947381
I don't become depressed when I play a burly muscle man so why should I for any other game
>>
Not really. I've been playing the games since I was 9, and I'm 27 now.

The only "weird" thing to me is I'm making my character look similiar to how I look right now (at 27) instead of what my loli ass self looked like at 11.

Which was pretty different. Might make my second version modeled after what 11 year old me looked and dressed like though.
>>
My dad spends 4-5 hours a day watching football, I don't see what makes my choice of spare time killing so much worse
>>
>>29947381
Wo-wow coach I never knew you uh...you felt that way
>>
>>29947381
Everyone does pointless shit as a hobbie in order to distract themselves from reality and the absurdity of life. The only difference is that some pointless shit are socially accepted in some circles and other is not.

If playing Pokemon makes you look bad in front of the friends you hang around, you just simply hang around with the wrong people,
>>
>>29947381
No.

I don't self insert in games, even when they do have customization options. I still play, I have friends that still play.
>>
>>29947381
This "escapist fantasy" is exactly what I needed during the many of the downs of my life. I don't know what kind of person I'd be without Pokemon, but I doubt it'd be any good.
>>
Pokemon is an rpg with 791(?) characters. Something with that many variables makes it a fantastic game for anyone of any age.

Our parents play solitaire.
>>
>>29948416
It's not worse, people are just looking for targets they perceive as 'easy'.
>>
>>29947381
Cool, another retard who doesn't realise entertainment is a tangible reward and has a whole industry built around it
>>
>>29947381
It's just a matter of time before GF will give a age option along the gender one.
They are perfectly aware a good slice of pokemon fans are almost 30 years ago by now.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.