[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ptcgo/ TCG/PTCGO General aka: No New Thread Edition v2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 11

File: 90047_200w.jpg (22KB, 200x278px) Image search: [Google]
90047_200w.jpg
22KB, 200x278px
New? Start here:
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges for loadsa packs to kickstart your collection
>play through using basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>grind prizes/coins on Versus Mode theme ladder
>enter theme format tournaments whenever possible using coins
>using your winnings from the last two steps, enter ticket tournaments. You'll get tradable shit from those
>trade packs/chests for the cards in a deck you actually want to build
>don't open packs before you have a solid deck, YOU EARNED THOSE, DON'T WASTE THEM ON SOME SHITTY HOLO RARE AND 9X KRABBY
>public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers
>occasionally the thread isn't entirely anti-social and can get you deals on cards

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth right now, look for the PTCGO forums in the trading section.
>Check TrollandToad, eBay, and TCGplayer instead of asking us about your ancient Pokemon cards.

Last thread: >>29937763

ToT: Trev is still around, what do?
>>
Discord etc etc:
https://discord.gg/chVfNWb

Hope this one makes it a bit longer than the last.
>>
>>29944577
TotT: then don't play expanded on ptcgo :^)
>>
>no mega Pinsir card

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
>>
>>29947253
More like
>No Mega Lopunny
Which is really fucking surprising
>>
>>29947253
>tfw no more Mega cards until Diamond and Pearl remakes
>>
>>29944577
Thank you OP for fullfilling my request.
I will post the promised code once I get at home

(Bump
>>
Yo is this game worth getting into if you liked the GBC game?
>>
>>29950046
Yes, though it's more complicated now and games are shorter. It's not an RPG though, so if you're looking for that then this isn't it.
>>
>>29950090
Ok thanks I'll check it out.
>>
>>29950090
>Yes, though it's more complicated now and games are shorter.
Ironically the exact opposite is true
>>
File: 123450_200w.jpg (38KB, 220x443px) Image search: [Google]
123450_200w.jpg
38KB, 220x443px
>>29950103
Just follow the steps in the OP and you'll be fine. If you hate new shit, they just released a set based on the classic cards, there's even meme theme decks with Mewtwo and Pikachu (though these are utter shit against decks with new cards).
>>
>>29950181
Do you know if booster codes are region locked? I'm gonna give those away, I decided that I don't need another addiction in my life.
>>
>>29950211
They aren't, the game itself doesn't have real money payment options so everyone downloads the same client.
>>
>>29950265
Ok, thanks again.
>>
What is the full art reward this ladder?
>>
>>29950181
Which theme deck is the best to get from the shop?
>>
>>29952579
I'm also curious about this. I've gotten a few- Battle Ruler, the Mewtwo one that just got released, the Volcanon one- among a few others. But these are the ones I've found are the most useful (as far as going through the Trainer Challenge), and some of the default ones are pretty good as well.

Apparently, the Zekrom theme deck is one of the best, so I've heard.
>>
>>29952579
>>29952682
For winning theme battles? Crushing Current is the strongest, which you get for free.

For building a Standard deck and collecting cards? None of them. No card in any theme deck is worth anything.

You can enter a tournament, surrender game one, then use the tournament chest you won to trade for a playset of every staple found in a theme deck. Most rares in this game are virtually worthless, and commons/uncommons moreso. The few exceptions aren't found in theme decks.

So you shouldn't be buying any theme deck unless you really want your Greninja to be foil.
>>
>>29944577
>>29950040
As I promised:

pp3rgwq.vv4cj3

keep up the good work
>>
>>29952579
Battle Ruler is meant to be good, I haven't played theme in a long while. When I did play I enjoyed Storm Rider.

>>29952779
It sucks that Pokemon follows the Magic idea of shit theme decks, rather than the YGO idea of x3 a theme deck being at least playable, if not meta. I totally get why they do it this way, but the YGO way would make the game far more accessible and would make theme decks way more desirable products. TPCi just see this as extra revenue here in the West.
>>
File: GorebyssPrimalClash52.jpg (199KB, 600x834px) Image search: [Google]
GorebyssPrimalClash52.jpg
199KB, 600x834px
>>29952930
>It sucks that Pokemon follows the Magic idea of shit theme decks
You fucking wish Pokemon was like Magic. You don't understand how big a joke Pokemon theme decks are, or for that matter, how much 99% of printed cards are.

I don't know if it's because they're incompetent or genuinely don't care, but a majority of Pokemon cards are designed to be objectively unusable. At least the bad/filler cards in YGO/MTG are fun or unique or fill a certain niche or are part of a bigger archtype.

Like, imagine paying $4 for a pack and pulling pic related as your RARE. There's no excusing this card. There is literally no viable way to use it. It doesn't do anything, with no exaggeration or hyperbole. And this card isn't an exception; I can fill a thread with junk, unfun, unusable cards that make up a majority of every single Pokemon pack.
>>
>>29952916

What is this a code for? I tried typing it out in the standard code layout, but it said it was invalid.
>>
>>29953095

That's a really poor example. The card is clearly supposed to be used in tandem with Huntail, who does more damage based on the number of energy in play.
>>
>>29953095
I didn't mean to imply that Pokemon theme decks were equal to Magic theme decks. I'd hope they decide to include GX cards in the SM theme decks (since that's what they're doing in Japan), but knowing TPCi, they'll just have the 3 decks only include the Basic starters.

I think the major problem with Pokemon in general is a total lack of archetypes, in YGO I can make a cheapass deck for £20 that could beat meta decks just because the cheap shitty cards actually have synergy and combos that power each other up to ridiculous levels (pic related). There's still 4-5 cards in each set that are actually just trash or not part of an archetype, but with Pokemon 90% of each set is completely unusable.
>>
File: EelektrikPrimalClash64.jpg (227KB, 600x823px) Image search: [Google]
EelektrikPrimalClash64.jpg
227KB, 600x823px
>>29953393
Except it's not the only Stage 1 Pokemon with Alpha Growth. If I wanted to do that instead of faster/better acceleration, I'd either use Whiscash or invest in the Stage 2/Mega options from the same set. Which is my point: there are many Stage 1 Pokemon that do exactly what Gorebyss does, but better in one way or another. Options with more HP, more damage, better secondary effects, better stats alongside the AT, the list goes on.

And like I said, there are plenty of other examples too. Pic related is also a RARE in the same set.

>>29953420
The thing is, the few cards that aren't pure unusable filler can do that. Look at decks like M Scizor, Dragon Ray, M Charizard, Serperior, Typhlosion, and so on. They're all considered "bad" decks, but their mechanics allow them to steal wins. They're fun and unique and they allow you to overwhelm and unprepared or unlucky opponent. But cards like this are very far and few between, we only get maybe a dozen usable lines per pack with the other hundred being unusable.
>>
File: pull1.png (1MB, 1291x759px) Image search: [Google]
pull1.png
1MB, 1291x759px
Looks pretty sweet!
>>
>>29954496

Gorebyss and Huntail evolve from the same pokemon. Gorebyss has a unique pro to it that makes it a valuable card. It's viability be damned, it's a poor example for the point you're trying to make.
>>
File: manectric-roaring-skies-ros-25.jpg (871KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
manectric-roaring-skies-ros-25.jpg
871KB, 700x990px
>>29954766
>Gorebyss and Huntail evolve from the same pokemon. Gorebyss has a unique pro to it that makes it a valuable card.
How is that an advantage, though? If anything, it's a disadvantage because now you can't run max copies of your non-EX main attacker. You're still going to need two Clamperl to actually get both on the field, so unless they print a Trainer that floods Clamperls onto the bench (which they haven't and won't), setting up a Huntail and a Gorebyss is literally no different than setting up a Huntail and a Whiscash.
>>
>>29953095
>You don't understand how big a joke Pokemon theme decks are, or for that matter, how much 99% of printed cards are.
I was just thinking about this the other day.
>>
How much for one of these on tcgo?
>>
>>29954874

Because it doesn't fuck with your consistency like running multiple stage 1s would. You can still run 4 Huntail. Getting multiple basics on the bench isn't that hard with ultra ball and aqua ball. There clearly is a difference when it comes to consistency. It's better to have the option of setting up a huntail or a gorebyss rather than needing to find two different basics. It's literally different.
>>
Will GX actually be good once EX is rotated out of the format?
>>
>>29955979
The two little letters at the end of a card's name has literally zero bearing on the viability of the card.
>>
>>29956033
Well I'm talking about the mechanic in general.
>>
Hey guys, I have a quick question; if a pokemon that is confused is put to sleep, when it wakes up is it still confused?
>>
>>29956055
Again, there are no mechanics that are inherently better or worse than any other.
>>
File: XY8_EN_163.png (182KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
XY8_EN_163.png
182KB, 245x342px
>>29947253
Im impressed tpci didnt use them as cameos like pic related. Could be some good promos.
>>
>>29956056
No, sleep cancels confusion and vice-versa.
>>
File: kek.png (2MB, 1498x1015px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
2MB, 1498x1015px
kek what are the chances
>>
File: Tuxedo_ghost.jpg (102KB, 600x1213px) Image search: [Google]
Tuxedo_ghost.jpg
102KB, 600x1213px
Hey all,

A few friends are getting into this and want me to join. I play a few games competitively but this will be my first time ever trying particularly hard at a TCG. The friends play Expanded, apparently.

I read the stuff in the OP and want to make a deck around one or two of my favorite 'mons for the expanded 2017 set. Do y'all figure any of these are good bases on which to build a deck?

>Ampharos
>Altaria
>Azumarill
>Vileplume
>Gourgeist
>Jellicent
>Scrafty
>Starmie
>Gengar
>Parasect
>Vanilluxe

Or any of their prevos but I assume in most cases the most-evolved is most important. Thank you to any responses!
>>
>>29959126
Vileplume is solid in Standard, I can't speak for Expanded though. Gengar/M-Gengar might be good, but I think I might be mixing up TCG and VGC there.
I'd look up some of the more popular decks in Expanded, (search for "budget" decks if you're looking to play it on the cheaper side) and see if any of those take your fancy as they'd be more competitive than a deck you just built around one of your favourites.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.