[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So when GameFreak hits 1000 pokemon is the franchise finally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (18KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
18KB, 300x168px
So when GameFreak hits 1000 pokemon is the franchise finally going to start to collapse under its own weight?

For real the logistics of importing or "catching 'em all" starts to get a little unbearable about then right?

Would it makes sense for GameFreak to then officially retire some pokemon? Functionally make them extinct?
>>
They got rid of "catch 'em all" a long while ago.
Also that sounds retarded. If they retired some they wouldn't have 1000 anymore.
>>
>>29943718

Do we need Stantler in a world with Sawsbuck?
>>
>>29943632
Mostly all of the new Sun and Moon Pokémon are fucking trash
>Sand
>Sandcastle
>Interesting woodpecker that could've turned into something awesome but turned into a damn toucan
>Pink bear with plastic face
>Weird alien thingies
>>
>>29943632
Hopefully Gamefreak will decide to retcon most starter lines out of the franchise, keeping the popular ones. Here's what we would keep if that happened.

>Charizard
>Feraligatr
>Blaziken
>Infernape
>Serperior
>Greninja
>Decidueye
>whatever next gen's (and gen 9's?) popular starter is

Not a bad deal at all.
>>
I don't understand the whole 1000 milestone. Why does it matter? There are more than 1000 different animals in the world. You don't have to catch every pokemon either. More pokemon = more diversity and more lore.
>>
>>29943632
The series already is extremely oversaturated with too many Pokemon, which is why GF is adding 70~80 new mon each new gen instead of 100~150. I think Gen 8 will introduce even less new mon, hopefully.

Retiring Pokemon is a stupid idea, btw.
>>
I think they will probably go full lazy and don't let you transfer pokemon from previous games anymore. That would make the amount of pokemon in the game the same as in the regional dex.
>>
>>29943848
every thread
>>
File: 1326803526413.jpg (24KB, 386x252px) Image search: [Google]
1326803526413.jpg
24KB, 386x252px
>no national dex in sm
>>
Good-bye HootHoot Line! Don't let the door smack you on the way out.
>>
>>29943780
>Mostly all of the new Sun and Moon Pokémon are fucking trash

I like them. They're fun.
>>
>>29943761
>>29943848
NO,NO,NO NO AND NO
No Pokémon will ever be removed. Gamefreak knows every pokemon is someone's favorite
>>
>>29943996
It's been confirmed coming with the bank update
>>
>>29943632
"Catching them all" is simple if you catch the whole region dex rather than the national dex. That's what they're doing in sun/moon - the regional dex awards the shiny charm now,
>>
>>29943761
>Do we need Stantler in a world with Sawsbuck?
is Sawsbuck pure Normal type with reference to a specific deer that is prominent in Japan?
>>
>>29944219

No one likes stantler.
>>
>>29944219
Except Simisear
>>
>>29944295
I do
>>
They are already thinking about this, and >>29943996 removing the national dex was their first step to manage the problem.

"Catch 'em all" is the catchphrase of the franchise, and while that sounded doable when we had 150-350 Pokemon, it's now a ridiculous proposition, so they are making sure that the regional dex is the absolute focus of the games and that the national dex is more of a account-wide goal for every single game, not just the one you are currently playing.

>first time player picks up new Pokemon game
>finishes the game while battling every trainer and catching everything he sees because he bought the monster collecting game to collect monsters
>ends the game with 105/300 caught
>congratulations on becoming a champion, here's a national dex!
>105/930 caught

GF doesn't want that to happen, they want to keep it reasonable like it always was before gen 4.
>>
I really do think GF deserve more credit for making almost every previous Pokemon available in each new game, in some way or another.
I can't think of any franchise that have over 800 returning characters. I don't blame them for slowing down with new designs, unlike any other game/anime/comic/tv/move franchise they can't just retcon the disliked ones out of the next instalment.
>>
>>29944310

You don't.
>>
>>29944324
I think this is why they had Sycamore downplaying Dex completion in XY compared to how the Professors in all the previous regions acted.
>>
The National Dex is gone (outside of Bank), so there's no stress on new players. What would be the point of removing Pokémon?
>>
>>29944324
This.
>>
They should make Pokemon from out of the region trade only like in RSE.
>>
File: Stantler.jpg (319KB, 1280x956px) Image search: [Google]
Stantler.jpg
319KB, 1280x956px
>>29944295
Danny likes Stantler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__RC2joPX44&t=0m27s
>>
>>29944541

Danny is a fool!
>>
>>29944324
See>>29944251
>>
>>29944750
It's not gonna be in SM. It's gonna be a new feature for Bank
>>
>>29944750
Yes, I know, which is why I said it's now an account-wide pursuit and not in the game itself.
>>
>>29944789
It's not gonna be in the game, just an add on for Bank
>>
>>29944541

He flat out admitted that Stantler is kinda lame after seeing other Pokemon besides it.

Also, fml, but I can't enjoy Game Grumps anymore, or maybe they're bored too.
>>
>>29944270
Can anyone confirm or deny this? Second opinion?
>>
File: groudavast.png (45KB, 1146x800px) Image search: [Google]
groudavast.png
45KB, 1146x800px
Remove one useless fish for every new generation.

Generation 8 - Remove Qwilfish
Generation 9 - Remove Lumineon
Generation 10 - Remove Basculin

Make it a tradition to see if you notice which one's gone.
>>
Just release all the older games on the virtual console with access to Pokebank, bingo bongo problem of catching them all is solved.
We'd have easy access to every single Pokemon, aside from mythics.
>>
>>29945075

Somebody might notice clamperl missing.
>>
>>29945250
But would they notice Relicanth?
>>
>>29945352

WHERE'S THE REGIFISH?
>>
>>29944324

They should allow dex syncronization to make it easier. Allow players to sync any game dex to whats in their bank and allow players to complete their dex's locally.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.