[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So these are the seven deadly sins, right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 7

File: ultra-beasts-194764.jpg (83KB, 1001x401px) Image search: [Google]
ultra-beasts-194764.jpg
83KB, 1001x401px
So these are the seven deadly sins, right?
>>
Yep.

Wrath, Lust, Envy, Greed, Sloth, Gluttony, and Lust again
>>
>>29942620
Yes it's pretty obvious you giant faggot
>>
>>29942620
Lighting is not a sin.
>>
>>29942722
no but origami is
>>
I can see gluttony and if i stretch a bit pride and lust. What's the basis on the others besides there seven of them and seven sins?
>>
>>29942805
Xurkitree is greed for raiding a Power Plant for electricity I guess
>>
>>29942692
*Pride
>>
Can you use these before the "League"
>>
>>29942620
Nihilego = Envy
Buzzwole = Wrath
Phermosa = Lust
Xuritree = Greed
Celesteela = Sloth
Kartana = Pride
Guzzlord = Gluttony
>>
>>29942922
No.
>>
>Buzzwole = pride
>Pheremosa = lust
>Guzzlord = gluttony
>Nihilego = envy
These line up perfectly. The rest are kind of a stretch.
>>
>>29943059
>Some of these characters match up with entries in this list of vague concepts
Literally the basis of horoscopes.
>>
Celesteela is sloth.
Can't even be assed to move in battle or trim that hair.
>>
File: teruyou_by_busypenguin-d47v2uq.jpg (316KB, 880x1194px) Image search: [Google]
teruyou_by_busypenguin-d47v2uq.jpg
316KB, 880x1194px
>>29942956
>>29943195
>Celesteela = Sloth
I really hope you're not going all "NEET-hime" here.

Seriously though, how is Celesteela "sloth"?
That's more Nihilego than anything.
>>
>>29942956
Celesteela is pride.
>>
>>29943245
Nihilego = Nihilist ego
It's not sloth
>>
>>29942956
>>29943261
>the swole-ass mosquito who's every single animation is showing off its gains isnt Pride

morons, all of you!
>>
>>29943245
It's the slowest by far.
>>
>>29942620
7 deadly sins is literally r*ddit: the theming
>>
>>29943245

I'm sure you saw the ultra beast video before it got taken down.

Celesteela's attack movements consist of sluggishly swinging an arm or raising them up to fire. Even her movements in Refresh are slow.
It takes a special kind of laziness to act like a plant despite not being a Grass type.
>>
>>29942620
That's such a cleche tho
>>
>>29943284
No-Self(Ego).
Think Nihil Ego, no t Nihilist Ego.
>>
>>29943296
>showing off its gains
>not dabbing
>>
>>29942620
Which one is Envy?
>>
UB05 codename is Glutton
Guzzlord is Gluttony
isn't this too easy?
>>
>>29942956
More like.

Nihilego = Envy
Buzzwole = Pride
Phermosa = Lust
Xuritree = Greed
Celesteela = Wrath
Kartana = Sloth
Guzzlord = Gluttony
>>
File: seat punch.jpg (34KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
seat punch.jpg
34KB, 400x240px
>>29943336

Only when westerners do it.

The Japs know what's up.
>>
>>29943550
Celesteela and Kartana could easily switch though.

>>29943336
Who cares, it's always going to be cool. Why let others ruin things for you?
>>
Or maybe there's no relation whatsoever besides gluttony
>>
File: guzzlord jp.png (214KB, 513x570px) Image search: [Google]
guzzlord jp.png
214KB, 513x570px
>>29943544

It can be even easier.
>>
Kartana fits none of the sins
>>
>>29943640
see >>29942752
>>
>>29943640

>Entire body is literally edgy
>Said to instantly cut down anything that provokes it
>>
>>29943640
>literal edgelord from another dimension

So its basically Wrath then?
>>
>>29943336
... Did you just imply that good series that uses the theme is "r*ddit: the series"?

>>29943333
>>29943351
Well, I stand corrected then.
>>
>>29943195
>>29943333
>>29943351

These are a bit of a stretch if you're basing your claims merely on its in-game animation.

It cannot be sloth when...

"UB-04. Code name: “Blaster.” Properly known as Celesteela. This UB was sighted for the first time following the incidents at Aether Foundation. Its most distinctive feature is the energy that it stores within itself, a flammable gas that it can shoot from its two huge arms. This is mostly used to propel itself in flight and for battle, but it is thought to have sufficient power and lift to even fly into space. Its bodily construction closely resembles that of a plant, and it absorbs nutrients from the soil."

tldr they're not related to the seven deadly sins. Never intended to. These are mere coincidences when we cannot match the others with any deadly sin.
>>
>>29942620
YE
>>
>>29942620
Nihilego: sloth. It'll attach to you to suck your energy and do nothing else.
Pheromosa: lust. It makes pokemons attracted to her. I'm calling r34 on this one.
Buzzwole: pride. See those weird poses? It's showing his muscles in a non-threatening but prideful way.
Xurkitree: greed. It's so greedy it stores huge amounts of electricity... and still leeches out the soil for more.
Kartana: wrath. Cruelly sharp blades? Check it.
Guzzlord: gluttony. Do I need to explain it?
Celesteela: envy, it's the one left.
>>
>>29942620
Sloth- Nihilego
Lust- Pheromosa
Pride- Buzzwole
Greed- Xurkitree
Envy- Celesteela
Wrath- Kartana
Gluttony- Guzzlord
>>
>>29943981
Celesteela is envy because of all the men Kaguya rejected.
>>
>>29943981
just switch sloth and envy

Nihilego is the first of the ultra beasts and is in many ways "unrefined." The ultra beasts that came later excel in one stat in a way that almost no pokemon before them had ever excelled. But Nihilego has middle-of-the-road stats (for a legendary) in every category and can't boast about being the best in any one stat. Her non-min-maxed stats are an example of inefficient design.

All of this makes Nihilego wonder about what might have been if it had been invented later, if it had been the 4th or 5th experiment instead of the 1st. That's envy.

Celesteela is the slowest and it's a giant steel triangle. It's not very fast. I don't have to explain this one.
>>
>>29943640
>Xurkitree... roots itself in the ground and drains it of energy. Greed? Anybody got a description of this UB from the game?
>Buzzwole... Pride, and I saw this because of the victory poses it performs.
>Guzzlord... Gluttony, no need to explain.
>Nihilego... Sloth. Parasite that bolsters the host, but does no actual fighting itself.
>Celesteela... Envy, based off of that one princess trying to reach the moon or something? Wishes she could be somewhere she isn't.

"but it is thought to have sufficient power and lift to even fly into space."
>Pheromosa... Lust, enough said.
>Kartana... Wrath?

" Its most distinctive feature is its thin and razor- sharp body, of which every edge has as cruel a cutting edge as any well-honed blade. The edges on its arms are particularly in a class of their own. Any opponent who tries to attack it will be cut down with a single strike of its “blades.” Its thin body also allows it to evade attacks by dancing lightly out of the way. This is a very dangerous creature..."
>>
>>29944074
How the fuck would that make her envious then? Do you even fucking know what Envy means? If anything that makes her Pride. Damn these threads are fucknig dumb
>>
>>29943981
>>29944010
/Thread
>>
No. There is no intentional 7 sins motif. People are just grasping for straws.

Anyone fat poke that eats a lot could be gluttony, any lazy one could be sloth, etc. These just happen to have a few matching characteristics.
>>
>>29943949

>when we cannot match the others with any deadly sin

Nihilego fixates on others.
Buzzwole's every other action is showing off its gains.
Pheromosa can make anything horny for it regardless of gender.
Xurkitree raids power plants.
Kartana is nippon banzai.
You just posted the Celesteela plant resemblance quote.
Guzzlord is LITERALLY Glutton/Gluttony.

Too many people are noticing this stuff for it to just be a coincidence.
You do know it's possible for the beasts to have sin elements without them all spelling it out and being walking caricatures like Guzzlord, right?
>>
>>29942956
how is Phermosa lust if she's a roach
>>
So do you guys think UBs are going to just be a Gen 7 thing, or will they be reappearing at any point in the future? I for one, would love to see more of what this alternate universe has to show us.
>>
>>29944087
Celesteela is the balanced one though. Nihilego's stats are spread a lot like Alakazam's or Tapu Lele's.

Nihilego fits sloth better because it only does the bare minimum to survive- most people aren't even convinced it's completely sentient, and it really only exists to leech the energy of others. It doesn't even take its true form until it's gorging itself on Lusamine's energy, and even then it doesn't bother fighting you. It even flees in the first battle of you don't kill it.

Celesteela being envy fits with the lore or Kaguya, yearning to go to the moon when she can't, having been (in some versions of the story) exiled to earth because of her desires.
>>
>>29944074
Literally how? Why would Kaguya herself be envious of the men she rejected?

>>29944098
>based off of that one princess trying to reach the moon or something? Wishes she could be somewhere she isn't.
Not really. In the tales itself, Kaguya-hime felt, I guess you can say, the moon calling for her. Because that's her birthplace.
So it's more longing than envy.
>>
>>29942956
Nihilego
>ego

It's obviously pride. Read more into them then try again.
>>
>>29944074
Eh, this might work.

>>29944163
>>29944265
Following his logic, Celesteela would represent the guys' envy. Not Kaguya's - Celesteela is not Kaguya, the pokemon is inspired on the whole tale.

I'd go more with an explanation like the gas inside it, heating it inside, making it capable of some stuff, not as great as the UB's stuff... being similar to envy.

I'm aware we're trying to connect two sets of unrelated things just because both have seven elements, though. We could do the same with astrological planets.
>>
>>29944533
Pride? But it has barely a conscience.

You could also claim the suffix is "lego" (I read) and say it's sloth (he who reads too much ends doing nothing) or greed (greedy for more knowledge). It would make as sense as your "ego".
>>
>>29944197

Fair enough. Then please match them according to the deadly sin they're supposed to represent.
>>
>>29944544

>We could do the same with astrological planets.

Got you covered fampai.

Sun - Solgaleo.
Mercury - Nihilego.
Venus - Pheromosa.
Earth - Zygarde
Moon - Lunala
Mars - Buzzwole.
Jupiter - Xurkitree.
Saturn - Kartana.
Uranus - Celesteela.
Neptune - Nihilego.
Pluto - Necrozma.
>>
>>29944737

>Neptune - Nihilego

Fuck, I meant Guzzlord.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20527522-900-neptune-may-have-eaten-a-planet-and-stolen-its-moon/
>>
>>29944737
Swap Nihilego and Kartana.
Mercury is a fast planet, and the related god is smart as fuck and a messenger. I don't think it fits Nihilego, that resembles me more Saturn (slow planet, partly solid [the rings], partly fluid [the planet itself]).
>>
>>29944533
>nihil
nothing

no ego

no self
>>
btw Kartana is not just origami
it's noshi
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noshi
>>
>>29944737
The planet thing is also a decent shout. Again though there are more obvious ones some are more difficult to guess.

>>29944824
That is Rome and Greece, in Japan Mercury is associated with water.
>>
File: xurk.png (338KB, 1220x1024px) Image search: [Google]
xurk.png
338KB, 1220x1024px
>>29944899

And it's not a katana, it's a tsurugi.

Might as well dump the japanese names while I'm at it. Maybe they can help make sense of all this.

ウツロイド Utsuroido (Nihilego)
マッシブーン Masshibūn (Buzzwole)
フェローチェ Pheroache (Pheromosa)
デンジュモク Denjimoku (Xurkitree)
カミツルギ Kamizurugi (Kartana)
テッカグヤ Tekkaguya (Celesteela)
アクジキング Akujiking (Guzzlord)
ネクロズマ Necrozma
>>
>>29944941
Does Japanese astrology even include Uranus and Neptune? Serious question, since many Western astrologers don't even bother with those.
>>
>haha seven
>seven deadly sins
>muh anime and close mindedness

/vp/ everyone
>>
>>29945021
its not a matter of 'not bothering' it is that in classical astronomy Uranus and Neptune were not known/discovered. Thus any additions of planets past Jupiter to astrology are very recent.
>>
Buzzwole: Pride
You might consider this to be wrath but it really isn't, the sins are more to do with personality and actions caused by it than physical traits. Just because it's big, red and strong doesn't make it wrath. It's a show off, it's blatantly pride.

Pheromosa: Lust
Pheromones are more than just warping what you perceive as beautiful, you know?

Celesteela: Sloth
Heavy with a weak-muscled body who uses its rockets to move it around. Sloth =/= fat people, a lot of slothful people are skinny, weak, dirty and useless.

Nihilego: Envy
Latching on to someone and making them your bitch while pretending to be them fits the deal a lot more. Teens idolize popstars, they dress as them etc. Apart from that a lot of jealous people also can be controlling to keep others from being just as great as they are. Not to be confused with wrath because wrath is more aggressive than passive aggressive.

Xuriktree: Greed
Theft and over-consumption/desire of things you don't need separates greed and gluttony. What makes greed different from envy? You can collect tons of shit and not share, other people would be envious of you instead. Greed is a personal hole filler though, it has nothing to do with being prideful. Greed = stingy, niggardly

Guzzlord: Gluttony
Gluttony is over consumption and a lack of self control, it's separated from greed in the way that someone greedy can also maintain themselves and their space of living. Meaning you can be greedy but not let yourself or your living space go.

Wrath: Kartana
This thing is a flying fucking shuriken, I'm also pretty sure its name is based on Kurtana. Wrath is about being cruel and aggressive, having a temper or instinct to attack.

None of these are reaching.
They are absolutely the seven deadly sins.
If anything the people who call it reaching just haven't fully understood the difference of: envy/greed/gluttony
wrath/pride
envy/pride

Because they are similar at first but have differences.
>>
>>29945148
It is a matter of not bothering for some Western astrologers - Uranus, Neptune and Pluto have very defined roles for the ones who use them as generational planets, that can be loosely described as genius and ideals, authority and reverence, renewal and mastery.
>>
>>29945126

We were memeing this even when we thought there were eight of them.
>>
>>29944737
I think this makes more sense than the 7 deadly sins comparisons.
>>
>>29945255
I can totally be down with this. These fit pretty perfectly. Nihilego as envy works, in terms of covetousness:It is a parasite, it preys on what others have that it itself doesn't.
>>
>>29945257
'tresting. I was more merely pointing out how classical civilizations had no concept of planets beyond Jupiter.

Modern astrology is absolute quackers.
>>
>>29945421
Eh, it's a fun way to fuck girls. As is tarot.
>>
>>29945255
Forgot to add for sloth:
It's also a personality thing to do with having a lack of interest in anything or yourself, no hobbies, boredom, unmotivated, uncaring.
>>
>>29945515

There is this girl at my university who does Tarot, dunno if its got her any v or d though.
>>
>>29945255
I am triggered by this. Did you just call my Celesteena weak and useless?

Watch it wreck your ass in the Battle Spot, bitch.

It fits with wrath more than anything because its dex entry says that it puts forests into fire and its UB codename is "Blaster."
>>
>>29943550
This
>>
>>29944533
>>29942956
How slothful desu
>>
>>29945728
Ya but it's going to put things under fire because it moves using rockets. Again, it's a personality thing it doesn't say that it burns down forests because of anger or aggression does it? It's definitely useless and it's intentions go unexplained because it has no purpose like sloth implies.
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 211x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 211x350px
>>29944985
>mfw these Japanese names were leaked in a thread here weeks ago and everybody thought it was fake
I remember "Necrosma" being attributed to the crystal one.
>>
>>29946184

I thought you were pulling my left but

https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/29608150/

SHIT, that's another thing to add to the SM leak list.
>>
>>29945126
This is the anime gen. The story is literally my mom's Kill la Kill.
>>
>>29946184
Oh yes, I remember that thread.
I was the Kaguya poster.
What I want to know now was how that anon got those names in the first place.
>>
>>29946652

Possibly the same way some anon had full concept art of the starter evos in June.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.