[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you agree with him /vp/? How would you make it work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 6

File: ivB3V18.png (41KB, 616x268px) Image search: [Google]
ivB3V18.png
41KB, 616x268px
Do you agree with him /vp/? How would you make it work?
>>
>>29942497
>every poke to always be avaliable every gen
Explain to me how GF could possibly fit 700+ pkmn in a single game that you can catch normally. There would have to be 20+ pkmn a route/cave/etc, probably more, which would make it a bitch to actually get the one you want.

I wouldn't mind event pokes going away and being able to be obtained normally in stupidly obscure parts with stupidly small catch rates though.
>>
No. Every generation should have enough new Pokemon to hold up as a complete generation on their own merit. The only way to get older Pokemon should be trading up from the prior generations.
>>
>>29942497
I don't agree with him at all

I've played "all Pokémon available" hacks and they get really tedious because every mon has a 10% encounter rate
>>
I really wish that gf would bring events like shaymin and darkrai back. Instead of just getting a code and getting a pokemon, a new area would be unlocked for you to explore and to catch the pokemon. That or no events would be my pick.
>>
Fitting 700+ pokemon in a single region is unrealistic.
>>
>>29942630
friend safari but have every pokemon available
>>
>>29942689
I think they stopped because you can cheat your way onto the islands instead of having to wait for events
>>
>>29942497
Just have a god damn biome roulette in the make believe CP system in this game that rotates weekly, Random chances for specific pokemon in their biomes and legendaries are even more rare (or a 1-2 a month event), Something like that, just stop not having pokemon avaliable and outside shit to get the legendaries
>>
>>29942497
I don't really care about the first point.

For events, definitely.
>>
>>29942497
Yes to event Pokemon. Fuck those. And I guess every Pokemon, but you'd need to make a region big enough or you get X and Y where every route has no less then 7 Pokemon.
>>
>>29942630
You know how UB's can be given as missions in SM, located and hunted down one by one?

GF needs to make an explorer character of sorts who runs an association to capture the rarest of Pokémon, and the player is given a chance to become their premiere member, finding otherwise uncatchable legendary Pokémon, repopulating old routes.
>>
>>29942630
Like they did in Gen 6.
>>
File: Of all places.gif (2MB, 441x298px) Image search: [Google]
Of all places.gif
2MB, 441x298px
>>29942497
I AGREE
>BUT
Only in the period when we can have wild pokemon in the overworld similar to Dragon Quest Monsters/Monster Hunter.
Then we can have a random generated set of mons every time we enter a cave/forest/route etc.

This would keep the rarity of certain spawns and add to the "thrill of the pokehunt" the games have always lacked when you can actually track and see a rare mon you're tracking or surprised by noticing a shiny in a group, could add a bunch of fun "tracking/baiting" mechanics too.
>>
>>29942497
I agree on getting rid of event Pokemon. Or at least stop them being tied to physical locations; That's practically Paleolithic.
>>
Guys what if... what if every person who plays the game encounter different Pokemon?
What if instead of version exclusives, we get different combinations based on TID? That way trading is a lot more interesting, it'd be like Friend Safari being unique to you but spread over the entire game.

There would still be about half of the regional Dex that would be fixed to ensure balance and theme, like Zubats still show up in every cave and there will always be one regional bird on Route 1-3 and so on and so forth, but you get different Pokemon showing up for different people.

>The gen technically has all Pokemon now
>Your own version of the region isn't bloated by 12 Pokemon per area
>Encourages trading
>Very fun for nuzlockes and adds replay value
>>
>>29942497
I agree in that every poke should be available in each gen, not necessarily from the first game of that gen though.

If we get gen 4 remakes, or gen 1 remakes, or a Pokemon Star or something i want that to round out the availability of pokemon within that gen.
>>
Event Pokemon are pure cancer and a HUGE reason why I stopped bothering to try to "Catch 'Em All"

I should be able to fill out my entire dex with nothing but each version of the game and some spare time.

>>29942750
>>29942886
These ideas are good.
>>
>>29943178
I would hate that since i like the security in knowing i'll be able to catch some of my bros when i pick a version
>>
>>29943178
That's sounds incredibly annoying for anyone wanting to catch them all or trying to collect data.
>>
>>29943231
MOOOODS
>>
>>29943235
>has set amount of Pokémon that is in every version, handful is scrambled
Is that better?
>>
>>29943266
Yeah i'd say that's better.

Actually i think i'd say that the new pokemon to the generation are set per version, but the other older pokemon can be scrambled. that could be neat.

Or maybe a safari that's like the friend safaris but you only access your own and the pokemon in there are scrambled and it's an actual significant number instead of just the 3 that friend safaris had. Also not just a boring patch of grass like friend safaris.
>>
>>29942714
well i mean people are already cheating in event pokemon. Might as well.
>>
>>29943178
>There would still be about half of the regional Dex that would be fixed to ensure balance and theme
Actually, even those could be randomized to a large degree, since species often fill a role:

>fire/grass/water starter
>early rodent/bug/bird
>cave filler (Zubat)
>water filler (Tentacool)
>pseudo-legendary
>clonechu
>physical barrier (Sudowoodo, Snorlax)

Add in something to ensure HMs are always usable and we're golden.
>>
>>29942714

They stopped because everyone bitched about having part of the game world permantely locked off if they restart their game.
>>
>>29943398
>HMs
No need to even worry about that anymore.
>>
>>29943441
>No need to even worry about that anymore.
Eh, I like them better than the conventional RPG "broken bridges" SM uses. The main problem was their sheer amount, I mean, Hoenn for example had eight HMs and a bunch of useful field moves (I remember using Sweet Scent and Secret Power). I wouldn't mind them back...

...AS LONG AS RESTRICTED TO FOUR, AND AT LEAST ONE COMMON POKEMON ABLE TO USE ALL FOUR. (Cut, Fly, Surf and Strength?)
>>
>>29943418
wait if you restarted the game you couldn't unlock it using another code or something? I remember getting the darkrai code through the movie. Couldn't they just by like 2?
>>
>>29942497
I'm glad I weened myself off of these yahoos. Their opinions on some topics were aggravating and eventually their opinions on all topics turned out like that for me.
>>
>>29942497
Yes, it's bullshit that we STILL can't catch every Pokemon after 20 fucking years of games. There's no excuse for this. It would be relatively easy to implement.

You could choose to refresh the encounters available throughout the existing game world to add in old Pokemon in the postgame or create a postgame safari zone to contain them. Obviously there are tons of different Pokemon now so regardless of where the Pokemon are showing up you're going to have to make them appear in batches, and the Pokemon available would be cycled through weekly either at random or in set groups - doesn't matter which. Legendaries would be roaming.
>>
I have so many event pokes I got myself going back to Darkrai from 2008.

>years when I got them legit myself:
Mew - 2010
Celebi - 2013
Jirachi - 2010
Deoxys - 2013
Manaphy - 2016
Darkrai - 2008 / 2009 Member card
Shaymin - 2009 Oak's letter
Arceus - 2009
Victini - 2011
Keldeo - 2012
Meloetta - only one I haven't gotten myself without trades, missed the event in 2013
Genesect - 2012
Diancie - 2014
Hoopa - 2016
Volcanion - 2016
>>
>>29942630
>every pokemon
>every gen

He didn't say every pokemon every GAME. Like XY/ORAS, we could just get a regional dex whose absences are filled with the remakes' dex.

That huge selection alone made Gen VI one of my favorites.
>>
>>29942497
Make national dex mons post-game with semi-randomly generated dungeons (forests/islands/caves/towns/mountains). There are a ton of ways to make this cool - alternate dimensions, some weird spacetime warping thingy, an unexplored archipelago, or whatever.

Pokemon caught in these areas could have different and unique properties. Perhaps they have better IVs, or perhaps their levels range wildly, or appeared with their hidden abilities often. Whatever.

I definitely agree that each gen should have all pokemon, and I wish mythical pokemon ceased being event-only and were allowed to participate in official tourneys.
>>
>>29943178
I don't think this should be the norm but it'd be cool to see it done for a gen.

It would completely defeat the purpose of version exclusive Pokemon though, meaning they'd need to make larger changes to the underlying games to compensate.
>>
>>29942630
ROM hacks from Drayano do it, I believe it. Others too, Drayano didn't do the Platinum hack to get all the porkeymans.
We can just allow any Pokemon to be traded regardless of ribbons on the GTS, and the GTS filters faggots who use it as storage space. The people who ask for "lv. 9 Mewtwo" or some stupid shit.
>>
>>29944473
You mean... exactly what is already happening? The Alolan dex is half the size of the national dex, and is severely lackinbin mons from the Sinnoh region, as well as roughly half the Megan's. You didn't think that was a coincidence did you?
>>
>>29944855
Please tell me we're getting Sinnoh forms for Johto mons.
>>
>>29942705
>Fitting 700+ pokemon in a single region is unrealistic.
Modders do it.

Also I thought that shiny charm didn't require registering of mythicals, or am I mistaken?
>>
File: shrug.png (12KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.png
12KB, 560x407px
>>29944855
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. We can't predict Game Freak's decisions at this point, and it's unlikely we ever will. Case in point with Black and White 2. While Sinnoh remakes would be absolutely spectacular, discussions of them won't come for another year, at least.

But the point OP makes about event mons are entirely valid. We can't catch 'em all without having them.
>>
>>29943398
>>29943178
So basically like the way Animal Crossing generates its villages/villagers? Handful of staples that are common to every game, and then a large pool of Pokémon of which a few are selected randomly based on a seed during character creation.

Wouldn't make much sense for a main game, but would be FANTASTIC for a main game style spinoff, like the coliseum games were.
>>
>>29944934
>Sinnoh remakes would be absolutely spectacular
Bull fucking shit game freak shill. They'll be awful in comparison to DPPt.
>>
>>29944886
I hope so. The two regions have always seemed connected to me.
>>
>>29943831
XYORAS contained every single non-mythical between them, and with the abundance of events in the past year and a half it's not that hard to catch them all.
>>
>>29944977
Eh. More likely it would be Platinum > Remakes >>> Diamond/Pearl.

If they keep the Ride Pager and add a wifi version of the Underground, it will be pretty GOAT. Other than that, it will be hard to get worse than the original gen4 games.
>>
>>29942497
I agree that every event Pokemon needs to lose their status and be obtainable normally later on, but having every single Pokemon available in game I disagree with unless if they can put them into the games without it feeling awkward. Kalos just had too much.
>>
>>29944855
Wait I thought the Alolan dex only had like 200ish Pokémon in it?
>>
>>29944977
I think they'd have to fuck up pretty badly to make them actually worse than the originals, but they'll probably be uninspired and not improve on them at all.
>>
>>29945080
>Eh. More likely it would be Platinum > Remakes >>> Diamond/Pearl.
Yeah, I could definitely see this with how ORAS was. I imagine the shitstorm will be even worse seeing how many people fight for Platinum as best game.
>>
>>29945109
310 iirc.
>>
>>29942705
It really isn't. For one thing it says "every poke... in every generation" not every game, there can still be version exclusives. On top of that stage 3 Pokémon are rarely found in the wild. Eeveelutions have never been wild Pokémon. Fossils could be found in a minigame like DPPt or be random drops from breaking rocks throughout the game. Those few facts alone can greatly reduce the number of Pokémon necessary to find locations for.
>>
>>29945080
>gen4: no HMs edition
This is honestly my ideal Pokémon game
>>
>>29944975
Pretty much, it's an easy way to generate variation without all that ugly "bag of spilling" or event monsters. My own game will use this concept.
>>
>>29945171
100% this. Platinum is my favorite game, but replaying it recently reminded just how godawful the HMs are in that region.
>>
>>29945226
Is Plat worth playing if I never have before?
>>
>>29943605
Consider the following: In order to obtain Victini via the Liberty Pass in Black and White, you needed to have bought the game and downloaded the pass via Mystery Gift during the game's first few months of launch. Once that was done, you could no longer obtain the pass.

Same deal with unlocking Rotom's other forms in Platinum. You needed a special Key that could only be obtained via Mystery Gift around Platinum's launch.
>>
>>29945238
If you haven't played any of the Sinnoh games, then definitely. Platinum improved on DP in a lot of ways but if you've already played one of them then idk if it's worth going out of your way to play Platinum as well.
>>
>>29945238
Use a romhack or flashcart to cheat in the legendaries locked out now like Darkrai or Shaymin. Mystery Gift for them is over and the glitches to get them only work in DP.
>>
>>29942630

Gamefreak just makes two regions then.

Yeah, some will be relegated to the second region only but still, that's just the nature of things when we now have 802 of the fuckers.
>>
>>29944855
While it lacks the Megans it certainly has the Susans covered you gotta admit.
>>
I really want a game where you can choose out of all the starters. You only get one but out of all 21.

>Mystery Dungeon
I mean a real Pokémon game, MD is fun but it is a spin-off.
>>
>>29942630
Safari Zone can go a long way.

As can seasons, special flower/grass patches, and time of day.
>>
What about a massive post-game Safari Zone?
>>
>>29945418
It is a real Pokemon game. EoS is better than a bunch of mainline too.
>>
File: thought.jpg (41KB, 548x716px) Image search: [Google]
thought.jpg
41KB, 548x716px
>>29945080
Honestly, the only things that made Platinum better than DP are a touched-up storyline, the Distortion World, the Wifi Plaza, and the Battle Frontier.
The Underground, the Poketch and Sinnoh's lore were in all 3 versions, but they still were notable pluses compared to later games in the series that are the most likely to get remade.

We already have something of a Wifi Plaza/Join Avenue hybrid with the Festival Plaza, so theres a step towards Sinnoh remakes.

besides, the Sinnoh Champ Ribbon is present in Sun and Moon's game text dump. It's gonna happen, people.
>>
>>29945491
did you forget the surf speed or something.
>>
>>29945526
He forgot the partner fights and gym leader rematches.
Also gym leader rematches will never come back, and that is bullshit.
>>
>>29945526
You have more following options too. It's not much but it was nice.

Also isn't the Sinnoh camp ribbon in every game due to carry over from previous games?
>>
>>29945633
If it was for that reason, then they would've also listed a Unova Champion ribbon, but they don't:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Text File : 81
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kalos Champion Ribbon
Champion Ribbon
Sinnoh Champion Ribbon
Best Friends Ribbon
Training Ribbon
Skillful Battler Ribbon
Expert Battler Ribbon

From Here: https://projectpokemon.org/research/sunmoon/gametext.txt
>>
>>29945697
Interesting.
>>
What if they just made two very exclusive version differences. Say, an 80% dex difference. Like instead of the three separate dexes for Kalos or the 4+general one for Alola, the two game dexes are separate from each other, and the opposite dex only unlocks through trading or postgame.

Postgame could potentially unlock a large chunk of the opposite dex, either like the sun/moon time jumping at the end, or the other half of Unova.

Heck, have one game be the other game's postgame area (like left/right sides of Unova), with some missing Pokemon that stay completely exclusive to the versions. They could end up being two completely different adventures that tie together somehow.
>>
>>29942497
Or you know.. Make shiny charm avail when you get all regional pokemon just like that. Wouldn't make a difference if there's 800 or 1800 pokes when all (you) need is always the regional 200-300-whatever.
>>
>>29942497
No to the first. Event Mons should be through wifi only, but they should unlock in-game events
>>
>>29942497
Hrm. Okay, let me think about this.

Let's say we don't want to fill the game with 10% encounter rates by having 10 different pokemon available in every plot of grass. So we'll limit an encounter table to 4 pokemon, each with a 25% chance of appearing.

So let's say we have 20 routes. We're at 80 pokemon. Add tall grass and flowers to each route, and now we're at 240 pokemon. Add day and night, and we're at 480. Seasons bring us to 1920.

That's not counting for fishing, surfing, caves, or legendaries.

They can fit a lot in without making it hard to catch any of them.
>>
File: 1461957052166.png (346KB, 570x358px) Image search: [Google]
1461957052166.png
346KB, 570x358px
>>29942497
Bringing Celebi and Dialga to a specific location allows secret time travelling like Lake of Suune and Moone for fossils or starters.

Held items, abilities and leading Pokemon influence what is seen.

Eg Berries attracts more flying types or maybe just elemental flutes or something which increases the frequency of seeing stuff in the wild. Or glasses that enable you to see extra Pokemon.

Pokemon can affect the wild too.
Eg Leading with Kyogre causes more water Pokemon to appear. Leading with Groudon leads more ground/fire Pokemon to appear. Jirachi gets three wishes (encounters, items etc)

Snag balls. They're a good way of reducing encounter table expansion. So, say that the time travelling mentioned earlier allows (you) to snag the trainer's Pokemon from early game.

Finally, Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon style quests for recruiting Pokemon rather than awful overpowered giftmon.
>>
he said "in every gen"

he's complaining about having to use the pokebank to transfer old unobtainable ones
>>
No, I like and want more event pokemon.
If you can't get them in the internet era, you are either lazy or very stupid.
>>
>>29947951
Pokemon availability based on seasons would be really annoying if you didn't have some means of manipulating it though

Maybe just days of the week would be enough
>>
>>29948594
Unless it's still seasons thematically, but instead accelerate time ingame so that you get four seasons a week?
>>
>>29942497
I'd make it part of the endgame. Have new pokemon swarming every day, events (halloween with ghost types, chinese new year for dragons, christmas for ice) and reward pokemon from character rebattles.
>>
>>29943665
I still love them, but I treat them just like any other person and don't take their word 100%. Especially when it comes to shit they don't understand like pokemon or most comics
>>
>>29942497
> lose event pokemon
I'd be okay with that honestly, or at least make them more readily available.
>>
File: sparce.gif (32KB, 266x200px) Image search: [Google]
sparce.gif
32KB, 266x200px
>>29942497
ok so first of all, some Pokémon are region locked. If you look at the Alolan dex, we mostly got old-gen Pokémon that can either fly or swim over the sea or that get to the island via human transit in boats or planes.
So, no Lunatone and Solrock, unfortunately.

To have a game where there is every single mon available, you'd have to have at least 3 regions, in my opinion.
On top of that, have something like the trophy garden in DPP. Some rich guy who actively imports Pokémon to his yard.
If you befriend him by doing quests, he allows you to roam the garden and catch whatever you like.
Each week, there will be a set of 15 or so different Pokémon you can find.

On top of that, maybe have a harbour. Once every month you have a huge cargo cruiser landing. On board there's items to be found and battles to be had. Maybe make it randomized, maybe actually patch it in everytime like a small DLC. With the sailing ballast water and on board as well as clung to the ship's keel you also get foreign Pokémon, say Staryu and Clamperl. You also might find the Deep Sea Items here.

I think stuff like that would be a good idea to enrich the region so that you can actually end up catching them all without some intergeneration trading hocuspocus which is always breaking the character of the game.
>>
>>29942646
This
>>
>>29942705
Friend Safari, dream world, hidden grottoes, overworld sprites, poke radar exclusives, etc.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.