[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /vp/. Where tier will all the fully evolved pokemon end

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 15

File: logo.png (39KB, 164x174px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
39KB, 164x174px
Alright /vp/. Where tier will all the fully evolved pokemon end up?
For reference, the list is
>Incineroar
>Decidueye
>Primarina
>Toucannon
>Gumshoos
>Vikavolt
>Crabominable
>Fire Oricoro
>Electric Oricoro
>Psychic Oricoro
>Ghost Oricoro
>Riboumbee
>Lycanroc Day
>Lycanroc Night
>Wishiwashi
>Toxapex
>Mudsdale
>Araquanid
>Lurantis
>Shiinotic
>Salazzle
>Bewear
>Tsareena
>Comfey
>Oranguru
>Passimian
>Golisopod
>Palossand
>Pyukumuku
>Silvally
>Silvally-Grass, Silvally-Water, etc (yes they'll be tiered separately)
>Minior
>Komala
>Turtonator
>Togedemaru
>Mimikyu
>Bruxish
>Drampa
>Dhelmise
>Kommo-o
>Tapu Koko
>Tapu Lele
>Tapu Bulu
>Tapu Fini
>Solgaleo
>Lunala
>Nihilego
>Buzzwole
>Pheromosa
>Xurkitree
>Celesteela
>Kartana
>Guzzlord
>Necrozma
>Magearna
>Marshadow
>>
>>29941925
>Silvally-Grass, Silvally-Water, etc (yes they'll be tiered separately)
Oh man this things gonna be fucking everywhere if thats true
>>
File: CwV4jOUUkAENA9X.png (385KB, 900x1044px) Image search: [Google]
CwV4jOUUkAENA9X.png
385KB, 900x1044px
Ready for NU!
>>
>>29941970
Actually, that's a good point. Will the different Silvally types be in different tiers? I mean, the different Arceus types are all in Uber.
>>
>>29942046
Arceus is tiered separately already, they're just, incidentally, all uber.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/combining-of-formes-a-comprehensive-stats-counting-policy.3580299/#post-6960591
>>
Solgaleo, Lunala, Pheromosa and Marshadow all guaranteed uber
>>
>>29942046
Yes they will be, only reason they're all in uber is because they're not giving a pokemon with 120 base for every stat a chance in OU for obvious reasons
>>
>>29942090
Not Pheromosa, maybe Kartana, but Pheremosa doesn't have the best typing and it's really REALLY frail
>>
File: 1456029711546.png (1MB, 1600x1228px) Image search: [Google]
1456029711546.png
1MB, 1600x1228px
>>29941925
>Ubers:
Marshadow
>OU:
Most UBs, Tapus, Toxapex, Magearna
>UU:
Kommo-o,Necrozma, Salazzle, Bewear
>RU:
Anything not mentioned unless I forgot or couldn't be bothered,
>NU:
Starters, Silvally, Vikavolt, all Alolan forms except Persian and Ninetales will be NU or worse
>PU:
Lycanroc, Sea-cumber Pikaclone

>>29941970
>>29942046
They're all going to be in NU. People are overestimating this thing hard. Arceus-N has E-Speed, 120/120/120 attacking stats and Recover, and its plates boost its STAB unlike Memories.

Meanwhile Silvally doesn't learn enough moves to run a physical set, so it has to go special with Tri Attack/Ice Beam/T-Bolt/Parting Shot, but if you want a fast parting Shot then A-Persian is faster and bulkier and does more damage with Foul Play, and if you want a Normal-type sweeper you're better off just using Porygon-Z, since even though Silvally is faster, it's not in an especially good speed tier.
>>
>>29942129
Can't say being frail is much of an issue when everything it touches will potentially die
>>
How about NihLego?
>>
>>29942166
It's strong but it's not nearly that strong

137 atk/spatk is a lot, but it'll do nothing to a majority of the mons in ubers

It'll get RAPED in ubers, Ekiller, bulky shit like Primal Groudon, etc
>>
>>29942129
>torchic used ember!
I'm not even meming
>0- SpA Torchic Ember vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kartana: 280-336 (108.1 - 129.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
>>
I wonder if Type: Null (BL3?) will be higher tiered than some of the crappier Silvallies (Grass, Bug).
>>
>>29942193
UU easy

>>29942196
HP Fire Dugtrio also does like 95% if you're that anal about it
>>
>>29942196
Of course, but it has physical defense and it's moderately quick for the amount of attack it has

It'll get wrecked in Ubers most likely, but it's just too good for OU with 181 atk and what is basically moxie, regardless of the fact that it has no stab moves above 90 base power
>>
>>29942220
Type: Null will be RU.
I could see Bug being NU or BL3
>>
>>29942248
Its not even the horrible movepool, for me Grass/Steel's neutral coverage is just ass
>>
File: Defensive.png (50KB, 503x249px) Image search: [Google]
Defensive.png
50KB, 503x249px
Are Toxapex and Ferrothorn going to be the new buddy buddy defensive core that annoys the shit out of everyone in OU?
>>
>>29942307
Yes
Toxapex is also going to displace alomaloma in stall teams
>>
>>29942194

Who cares if Pheromosa will get rekt in Ubers. Ubers is a banlist first and a tier second.

Deoxys-N is completely outclassed, Mega Mawile is a waste of a mega stone, Greninja is only useful for a suicide lead, and half the Arceus types are lol worthy, Doesn't stop them from stomping OU if allowed.

All you need to do is get rid of ghosties (which there won't be many in the first place seeing as they are both pursuit and knock off bait. anything that really threatens Pheromosa gets destroyed by Tyranitar) and proceed to sweep
>>
>>29942328
I can tell you now that Tapu Lele's anti-priority property is going to make itself relevant in Ubers, which would actually give Pheromosa a chance
>>
Dick
>>
I love sucks
>>
File: 1471800885467.png (105KB, 342x298px) Image search: [Google]
1471800885467.png
105KB, 342x298px
>>29942307
Toxapex is the FUTURE BOYS
>T spikes
>Spikes
>Poisonous protect
>Regen
>Recover
>Scald
>Haze
>Counters Pheromosa
My wife Toxapex is so cute
>>
>>29941925
>OU
Toxapex
Tapu Koko
Tapu Lele
Tapu Fini
Araquanid
Type: Null
Mudsdale

>UU and OU viable:
Kommo-o
Incineroar after HAs are released, if ever
Primarina
Tapu Bulu
Golisopod

>RU and UU/OU usable:
Toucannon
Ribombee
Shiinotic
Salazzle
Silvally
Bewear
Wishiwashi

>NU/PU and dubiously viable up to UU, not OU
Minior (I LOVE this Pokemon but because it requires opponent cooperation it's going to be dramatically worse against players than the AI)
Decidueye
Lycanroc Day
Oricorios
Vikavolt
Crabominable
Lycanroc Night (will effectively not exist in any tier if Day winds up PU)

I'm not even gonna bother with the UBs, all but Guzzlord will fall somewhere between Ubers and OU-viable-UU.
>>
>>29942220
Type Null hits OU easily while Silvally (all) will not. Its bulk is fucking obscene, well beyond even Porygon2 and can run its offense however it likes instead of being pure defensive like Porygon2.
>>
>>29942791
>Mudsdale the worse Hippo and Lando
>Meme water spider
UU
>>
>>29942307
>Black Sludge recovery
>Regenerator recovery
>Fucking Recover recovery

What in the actual fuck were they thinking with this Pokemon? The only thing that comes close to stupidity like Recover + Regenerator is Alomamola and that has to use the absolutely shittier Protect + Wish combo. I think the only thing holding it back is the fact that it has fucking NO real attack options, which means it can't actually check anything. You could potentially use Merciless but Regenerator is just too stupid of an Ability to give up
>>
>>29942848
Mudsdale is debatable. One accidental boost and it's out of control as a physical wall.

"Meme water spider" is a defensive utility Pokemon that happens to have the ability to hit about 30% harder than Azumarill on top of it. OU for sure.
>>
>caring about smogon
>following smogon rules
>forcing other people to play a brainwashing fansite's rules

You all deserve to die for the sake of the Pokemon community.
>>
>>29942307
Tangrowth and Bulu are probably better partners due to their Ground resist. Bulu provides extra ground protection and grassy terrain recovery for Toxapex vs Tangrowth providing a double regen core.
>>
>>29942947
Who's forcing anyone and who's been brainwashed, exactly?
>>
>>29942945
>utility

You use that word, but you don't know what it means. The only "utility" move it learns is scald. It can't spin, set up hazards, phaze or haze, it's not a major check to a large portion of the meta, its weak to rocks, and has no recovery options. So, tell me again, what is its utility?
>>
>>29942791
>Lycanroc Night (will effectively not exist in any tier if Day winds up PU)
>with no guard existing and reversal shenanigns

This thing serves a different purposes from day dog. Now if both dogs had an actual movepool to exploit...
>>
>>29942947
le fish hook meme
>>
>>29942909
> The only thing that comes close to stupidity like Recover + Regenerator is Alomamola
slowking
slowbro
amoongus
starmie

???
>>
File: 1479070216912.png (1MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1479070216912.png
1MB, 960x720px
>>29942945
Mudsdale has none of the utility that make other defensive ground types in OU
>No Stone Edge
>No recovery
>Stealth Rocks
>No way to deal with other rockers
>No possible offensive lure mix up
Gliscor, Lando Chomp and Hippo are completely better Grounds in OU.
>>29943030
Also this boy knows what's up.
>>
>>29943065
Starmie doesn't have Regenerator you retard. Even though it should considering it's a fucking Starfish and starfish are known to regenerate lost limbs

Amoongus has Regenerator but doesn't have a reliable recovery move outside of fucking Giga Drain

I will however concede the point on the Slows. I completely forgot about them
>>
>>29943147
you also forgot reuniclus, ho-oh, corsola, and the fact that tangrowth and amoongus both learn synthesis
>>
>>29942947

>Everybody look at me!
>>
File: 1479161378157.jpg (775KB, 1629x1763px) Image search: [Google]
1479161378157.jpg
775KB, 1629x1763px
Can we post sets?

>>357731324
Dhelmise @ Assult Vest / Leftovers / Life Orb
252 HP / 252 Atk
Brave Nature
-Rapid Spin / Giga Drain
-Anchor Shot
-Power Whip
-Shadow Claw

It also get gyro ball which is good but I'm not sure if anything else is wprth changing for it.
>>
>>29942841
It has no recovery.
>>
File: 1476773737640.jpg (83KB, 536x449px) Image search: [Google]
1476773737640.jpg
83KB, 536x449px
Since the Gen is basically Terrain Wars, what's going to be the objectively best Tapu/best Terrain setter of this Gen in terms of actual viability when it comes to team composition?

Right now I feel like it's a toss up between Bulu and Fini with Grass and Mist Terrain respectively. Lele blocking priority moves is decent, but pseudo Leftovers on everything that touches the ground + halving Earthquake damage for Bulu and blanket status protection + halving Dragon-type moves just seems objectively better for almost anything since they can fit themselves onto so many teams

Fucking lmao at Electric Terrain
>>
>>29943538
fini is pretty shit since it offers no offensive benefit and since statuses got nerfed this gen

lele > koko > bulu > fini
>>
Can someone explain the problem with Minior besides it being destroyed by Priority?
>>
I have no idea where mimikyu will end up, but I can see him being useful in every single tier. Yes, even ubers.
Bing able to stop a sweep with wil o wisp or twave is a very valuable thing, and it has a surprisingly versitile movepool. It's stats are lackluster, but three immunities isn't nothing, and again, dat ability
Higher tiers could see a very effective sweepstopper
Lower tiers could see a very effective swords dance set or even a bulk up set. He's versitile, I'll be excited to play around with him
Alolan persian will match around furfrou, wherever that guy is, but his parting shot gimick is real and very viable. If he is pu, I'll use the shit outta him
No nasty plot sets though, probably max hp, some defense, lots of speed, either lefties or z-dark, parting shot, foul play, taunt, and toxic
>>
>Ubers
Solgaleo
Lunala
Pheromosa
Marshadow
Tapu Lele

>OU
Tapu Fini
Kartana
Magearna
Tapu Koko
Celesteela
Tapu Bulu
Toxapex
Xurkitree

>UU
Mimikyu
Silvally (too lazy to do every form but I think UU will have more of them than other tiers)
Golisopod
Bewear
Minior
Primarina
Nihilego
Necrozma
Kommo-o
Buzzwole

>RU
Comfey
Day Lycanroc
Salazzle
Mudsdale
Incineroar
Shiinotic
Araquanid
Bruxish
Drampa
Dhelmise
Guzzlord
Tsareena
Wishiwashi
Ribombee

>NU
Night Lycanroc
Passimian
Oranguru
Turtonator
Decidueye
Palossand
Electric Oricorio
Ghost Oricorio
Vikavolt
Gumshoos
Toucannon

>PU
Togedemaru
Komala
Pyukumuku
Lurantis
Crabominable
Fire Oricorio
Psychic Oricorio
>>
>>29943702
Physically bulky Unaware mons. That's about it.
>>
I don't think Silvally will be any lower than UU

and even then I think it will be usable in higher tiers
>>
>>29943749
Shit, I meant RU
>>
>>29943749
Shit, I meant NU
>>
>>29943749
Shit, I meant PU
>>
>>29943749
I have a feeling we're going to see all the Silvally forms get something like 6% usage combined in OU but none of them individually will reach the cutoff to actually get removed from UU.
>>
>>29943720
>silvally, which functionally has no ability and no item since memories don't work like plates by boosting stats, is going to be in the same tier as salamence, metagross, suicune, hydreigon, mega beedrill and mega aerodactyl even though it's slower and weaker than heliolisk

stopped reading there
>>
>>29943852
that quote wasn't in the post???
>>
File: 1468807897853.png (184KB, 305x315px) Image search: [Google]
1468807897853.png
184KB, 305x315px
>>29943905
>He think the mighty green text of projections, implications, story-telling and assumptions is exclusively for quotes
Get out
>>
>>29943720
No way Pyukumuku will end up in PU.
It might be the very definition of Taunt bait but this thing has access to all the status move a wall could ever wish for.
>>
>>29943852
It's called parting shot.
Silvally-Dragon should be a good hit-n-run attacker, at the very least.
>>
>>29943852

Silvally has the ability to be any type you need to patch up holes in your team, and access to Parting Shot.
>>
>>29943832
I still dont see the draw for this guy.
I see more use in his preevo. Dats quite a lot of bulk. I wonder if he'll have any time in LC.
>>
>>29944045

Eviolite Type: Null is complete shit, it has a pitiful movepool, and no recovery.

Porygon2 is better in every way.

And no, Eviolite Null won't be legal in LC since Little Cup is lvl 5 mons, and Type: Null is obtained above that level.
>>
>>29944044
In actuality Sylvally has the ability to have to waste both ability and item slot to change color for sub par pokemon with no utility or supportive moves in a role that can be filled by many others in a better way.
>>
>>29943852
>no ability and no item
its ability and item are extreme unpredictability
and plus you can just run normal silvally with a regular item
>same tier as salamence, metagross, suicune, hydreigon
le cherry picking man
silvally definitely won't be as good as any of those mons, but it IS UU worthy
>mega beedrill
mega beedrill will not be UU this gen
>slower and weaker than heliolisk
isn't heliolisk UU too? what's your point
it's also bulkier and has better coverage than heliolisk
>>
>>29943998
but a-persian can do that and it's faster and bulkier thanks to fur coat and can run an item, like darkium-z to turn parting shot into healing wish, or switcheroo for choice scarf

plus it will do more damage with it foul play than silvally can ever hope to do with anything
>>
>>29944100
>a role that can be filled by many others in a better way.

Parting Shot?

No, there aren't any better mons that learn that.
>>
>>29943979
The only thing it can do is Baton Pass Curses. Besides that it's pretty worthless
>>
>>29944147
you didn't even finish reading my post before you responded
>>
>>29944094
I agree that porygon2 is better for sure but type null would be probably the only good parting shot user thanks to his lower speed. He'd set up his partners well, and unlike momento users he'll have many opportunities to do it.
So he has a niche apart from porygon2, he won't be in the same tier but I could uses for him in lower ones
>>
>>29944166
it doesn't get parting shot though
>>
File: 1393732691214.png (89KB, 269x216px) Image search: [Google]
1393732691214.png
89KB, 269x216px
>>29941925
>playing singles
>>
>>29944166

Type: Null can't even learn Parting Shot though.

Multi-Attack
Poison Fang
Fire Fang
Ice Fang
Thunder Fang
Tackle
Bite
Crunch
Parting Shot
Ice Beam
Hyper Beam
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Flamethrower
Steel Wing
Explosion
Flash Cannon
Surf
Snarl
Draco Meteor

Those are all of the moves Silvally learns that Type: Null can't.
>>
>>29944182
... Oh
Shit nvm I guess
>>
>>29944122
Persian has garbage special bulk and it's only attacking move is Foul Play. It's also locked to being Dark type.
Normal Silvally can run Darkium-Z too.
>>
Is having a speedy parting shot really a good thing though? Youd be limiting what you can switch in for sure.
>>
>>29944325

Yes

The reason Pangoro is such a shit Parting Shot user is because of how slow it is

Silvally's speed + Parting Shot make it a good pivot.
>>
>>29944357
Pangoro also has pretty bad bulk + weaknesses too
I think a slow rest talk parting shot set could be neat too
>>
>>29941925
How powerful do you guys think Spirit Shackle/Anchor Shot actually is?
>>
>>29942307
Every team will have Magnezone and Medicham.
>>
At least I know Primarina will be the new target of bullying by the UU room instead of Vaporeon.
>>
>list of geewun pokemon in OU
>Chansey
>Clefable
>Dragonite
>Dugtrio
>Gengar
>Mew
>Slowbro
>Starmie
>Zapdos

List of geetoo pokemon in OU:
>Scizor
>Tyranitar
>Skarmory
>Raikou
>Azumarill

List of geethree pokemon in OU:
>Breloom
>Jirachi
>Latias
>Latios

List of geefour pokemon in OU:
>Azelf
>Garchomp
>Gliscor
>Heatran
>Hippowdon
>Magnezone
>Manaphy
>Tangrowth
>Weavile
>Rotom-W

List of geefive pokemon in OU:
>Amoongus
>Bisharp
>Excadrill
>Ferrothorn
>Keldeo
>Kyurem-B
>Landorus-T
>Serperior
>Thundurus
>Tornadus-T

List of non-mega geesix pokemon in OU:
>Talonflame
>Volcanion
>.........

place your bets on who drops
>>
>>29947153
Does the numerical size of the tier have to stay the same even when a new generation expands the pool?
>>
>>29947153
Starmie maybe if Aegis and Frog drop again
Raikou, Koko is Zapdos Raikou and Jolteon mixed into one
Breloom Tapus will kick it out of the tier into BL
Latias Dunno Lele maybe
Azelf, it shouldn't be OU right now anyways
Maybe Tangrowth early on
Talonflame because it got gutted

The problem is OU will retest a lot of banned pokemon so it will take a while for the meta to stabilize.
>>
>>29947153
Extremely out-there prediction: Garchomp
Like, I severely doubt it'll actually drop but it's fucked over by three of the four tapus
>>
>>29947213
Cutoff is 3.412(? not sure about the last digits) usage and that's all. It's not like it's top 50 only or anything like that.
>>
>>29947323
Only Bulu walls him
>>
>>29947226
Yep. That happened in Gen 6 as well. They're brought down so much shit that a lot of the suspects that resulted in bans were for stuff banned previously. OUTLs are going to sneak Aegislash back down, Deo-N, Genesect, Lando-I (hell, Blunder said straight up he was coming back down since it will only be broken once the tier really settles just like gen 6), and Mega Kang if it was nerfed hard enough. People are also asking to give Reshiram a shot in OU. Honestly I just want this fucking ladder to go up already so we can see the damage.
>>
File: 1479105121134.png (32KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1479105121134.png
32KB, 256x256px
Could Lunala actually end up lower than Ubers or are people just memeing?
>>
>>29947482
Memes.
>>
>>29944045
Silvally gets a fast Parting Shot while also not being Alolan Persian.
>>
>>29947323
drop to BL, maybe.
>>
>>29947482
It'll be decent in UU
>>
>>29947482
BL at worst, it won't touch OU
>>
>>29947323
lol you are delusional, garchomp kills all of them except bulu with earthquake, the landshark will never, ever be bad.
>>
>>29943058
>>29943323
le butthurt smogoncuck losing credibility gen after gen
>>
>my little pony
>six different genies
>heatran
>a floating sword
>digichomp
>stupid steel nut thing

Ever notice how all the newgen pokemon who end up in OU are always the ugliest looking things in the gen? Just look at all the sure-to-be-OU UBs and the copypaste fairies
>>
>>29942791
>>UU and OU viable:
>Incineroar after HAs are released, if ever
Stop this meme. Arcanine is better in every aspect
>>
>>29947509
>Pawniard used Sucker Punch.
>>
>>29947153
Talonflame drops for sure
>>
>>29947323
Can't Garchomp run Poison Jab and begin oneshotting the problematic Tapus like Bulu?
>>
>>29948271

Incineroar has slightly more bulk, Fake Out, and a better physical movepool.
>>
>>29948271
It will absolutely be a slightly worse Arcanine, but when its different typing is more beneficial to your TEAM, Incineroar will be acceptable to bring into OU with you.
>>
>>29947153
Back to BL for you buddy
>>
>>29948379
Arcanine has Morning Sun which immediately makes it a better bulky mon.

>>29948403
UU. You'd use it over Arcanine if its typing benefits your team in UU. Unless it ends up being a super out of left field anti-meta pick it won't see any usage in OU.
>>
>>29948379
Incineroar is way more slower, has no recovery, no priority moves and the "better physical movepool" i debatable. No wild charge for coverage
>>29948403
>when its different typing is more beneficial to your TEAM
Fire/dark is not a good deffensive typing and the only good dark type moves can't be learnt by Incineroar. You can even bring Magby to OU, that doesn't mean it won't suck
>>
>>29948439
Raikou was never BL and wasn't even that amazing in UU to be honest. It was good but never great there in gen 6. When Raikou was around in UU it was usually better to run Rotom-Mow.
>>
>>29948454
>Arcanine has Morning Sun

Incineroar can learn Leech Life, so it does have some method of recovery. Not the same as Morning Sun, but it's there.
>>
>>29948498
It's a non-STAB damaging recovery move with a poor damaging type. Hell, Leech Life wouldn't be enough to keep it alive after a couple of Bulk Ups.
>>
>Gengar
UU
>>
>>29948498
>Non-STAB
>bug type (resisted by 7 different types)
>recovery
>>
why is everyone saying marshadow will be uber? isn't 600 BST too low?
>>
>>29948580
>why is everyone saying marshadow will be uber? isn't 600 BST too low?
Fightning/ghost with technician, 90/125/80/90/90/125 stats and a move that steals stat boosts
>>
>>29948615
Technician Shadow Sneak to be specific.
>>
>>29941925
Bewear is easily OU material, it's even more Conkeldurr than Conkeldurr itself was in terms of tankiness especially now that there won't be many 180 BP flying type priority moves around.
>>
>>29948615
>move that steals stat boosts
And goes through subs
>>
>>29948554
I can't fucking wait. The big shot in the arm of Infernape, Lucario, Volcarona (RIP), Blissey, and Goodra (lol I have to mention it though) around mid-XY were pretty great for the UU tier and Gengar is around that level of power.

>>29948656
And has 90 BP.
>>
>>29948615
I really hope it gets a chance in OU instead of being moved up immediately, having more options to say fuck you to greedy people is always great.
>>
>>29948358
Well, nothing's stopping it from doing so, but Garchomp then loses coverage to other threats in return. It's an attractive option against Tapu Bulu to hit his 4x Poison weakness, but not really worth it in the end.

It all depends on how used they are. If the Tapus are overrunning the tier, then Poison type moves are going to be everywhere too.
>>
>>29948615
If it weren't for that move I would have said there was no chance, but it might be all the difference.
>>
>>29942307
Am I the only one who can't wait to run Toxapex with Bronzong?
>>
>>29942105
But what if I want to use Arceus-Ice or Arceus-Grass in OU? Those are probably not even that overpowered since they can't hold items.
>>
>>29947153
Calling at least half of these.
Dugtrio > UU
Gengar > UU
Mew > UU

Raikou > UU

Azelf > PU

Bisharp > UU

Talonflame > NU
>>
>>29948802
No, that was my thought as well. Although Toxapex is just going to be everywhere when battlesims update with the game data. It's probably the single "most OU" new Pokemon if that expression has any meaning. Some of the new Pokemon will be more powerful and either land in OU or Uber, but none more solidly than it.
>>
>>29948854
>he doesn't know about the dugtrio buffs
>>
>>29942307
Yeas. Also, I don't get why no one mentions that they're going to be a trio with Gliscor, they'll be the ultimate stall core.
>>
>>29948899
Nice double dubs. Also, Even with +10 in Atk isn't enough to save Dugtrio. Most things that survive STAB EQ aren't suddenly going to die with 10 extra BST in Atk.

252+ Atk Choice Band Dugtrio Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 135-159 (38.3 - 45.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Dugtrio Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 144-171 (34.2 - 40.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
>>
>>29949009
+20 Atk.
And it's not about being able to kill defensive walls (no one expects it to do that), Dugtrio was previously so weak that only supereffective hits on lower defenses were OHKOs.
>>
Bulu will start out in UU then some fucker will figure out how to work it into a stall team and it'll move to OU.
>>
>>29949400
Bulu is fucked dude and people already know this.

252+ Atk Life Orb Tapu Bulu Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable in Grassy Terrain: 368-434 (93.4 - 110.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Tapu Bulu Horn Leech vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable in Grassy Terrain: 231-274 (58.6 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery

It also gets SD.
>>
>>29948854
>Azelf to PU
What could POSSIBLY make a great mon in UU drop all the way down to the lowest tier
>>
>>29949634
lele-chan!!!
>>
>>29949634
Azelf got stolen from UU awhile back. It'll drop out of OU for sure no matter what since it's only up there due to the current meta having a use for it. Lots of niche shit will fall no matter what unless they're good at checking or countering new mons. Azelf doesn't seem like it's going to be one of those mons, and hell I'm pretty sure the OU that's opening up soon is pre-bank so we won't have it anyway.

To say it'll fall to PU is retarded though since it was banned from RU. Unless Gen 7 RU is a half-step higher in power level compared to Gen 6 it'll be banned again if it fell that low.
>>
Based on singles

Incineroar- UU
Decidueye- RU
Primarina- UU
Toucannon- NU
Gumshoos- PU
Vikavolt- RU
Crabominable- RU
Oricoro- NU
Riboumbee- UU
Lycanroc Day- RU
Lycanroc Night- NU
Wishiwashi- UU
Toxapex- OU
Mudsdale- RU
Araquanid- UU
Lurantis- NU
Shiinotic- RU
Salazzle- UU
Bewear- UU
Tsareena- UU
Comfey- RU
Oranguru- PU
Passimian- PU
Golisopod- UU
Palossand- UU
Pyukumuku- PU
Silvally- BL
Minior- OU
Komala- NU
Turtonator- RU
Togedemaru- PU
Mimikyu- UU
Bruxish- NU
Drampa- RU
Dhelmise- UU
Kommo-o- UU
Tapu Koko- OU
Tapu Lele- Uber
Tapu Bulu- BL
Tapu Fini- OU
Solgaleo- Uber
Lunala- Uber
Nihilego- BL
Buzzwole- UU
Pheromosa- Uber
Xurkitree- BL
Celesteela- BL
Kartana- OU
Guzzlord- UU
Necrozma- UU
Magearna- OU
Marshadow- Uber
>>
>>29950257
>Pyukumuku- PU
>Mudsdale- RU
Other than these, which should be higher, this is a solid guess.
>>
>>29949550
I'm more concerned about the healing that grassy terrain will provide to certain mons.
>>
>>29950257
>Bulu BL
>Lele Uber
>>
>>29950257
Pretty decent predictions, but a lot of them are just flat wrong.

Crabominable is too high. Oricorio might be too low, though I'm pretty sure only Melemele will be higher than NU. Maybe RU since the typing is great and it has access to Calm Mind. Lurantis is PU trash. Mudsdale will be UU at the lowest. I'm very hesitant to say Salazzle will even break RU. Tsareena will be NU, RU at best considering it's a weaker Hitmonlee without Knock off. Palossand has zero chance of being UU. It's NU at best. I doubt Lele will be banned. Bulu has a better chance of being banned to be honest. Kartana is probably going to be banned early on. Xurkitree will be strong in OU. Celesteela would probably be pretty balanced in UU.
>>
>>29950475
agreed with most of this, but I think Tsareena has a chance of being low UU thanks to its fantastic movepool, recovery, solid bulk, and immunity to priority

Xurkitree seems like it'd be better in Doubles than singles. Its speed and bulk just aren't good enough to be a super strong competitor in OU. I think BL is a fair ranking.
>>
>>29950583
Tsareena's only upside is that it's a somewhat bulky spinner with recovery. If it had Fighting STAB or more speed I might have given it more credit, but as it stands if it stays UU it will only be for Rapid Spin. Though considering this is the tier that still has Donphan for some fucking reason I'll probably be proven wrong.

Though I will say immunity to priority means jack shit in UU. The only relevant priority users destroy Tsareena anyway.
>>
>>29950257
Decidueye to NU, Pallosand to NU, Pyukumuku to NU, Passimian to NU, Bulu to OU, Lele to OU, Kartana to Ubers

>>29950475
>Bulu has a better chance of being banned to be honest.

If Smogon is to be believed, Lele appears to have a solid chance of being banned as it's basically a Mega Gardevoir with immunity to priority that can hold an item. If it's not banned, it's going to be at the very top of OU.

Bulu won't be BL- the terrain abilities are just really great as are its bulk- but it has a middling speed and just okay special defense which hurts it. Calculations do show that it is an extremely potent wall breaker, so it'll definitely be used in OU.
>>
>>29950257
Move Decidueye to OU
>>
>>29950737
Decidueye will be Celebi for RU due to its ability to pass NP or SD. There's very little chance of it being below RU, and it might even be kicked up to BL2 since the RU leaders chose not to inherit UU's BP ban. Keep in mind UU banned BP specifically due to Celebit doing exactly what Decidueye's movepool allows him to do. Since he's worst than Celebi in many ways I see him being a thorn in RU's side just like Celebi was to UU's.

Lele seems like it will be a later suspect. Maybe around the point in the gen where Mega Mawile was banned. Until then it's going to be meta defining.
>>
>>29948846
120 across the stats is pretty great, and Arceus has the movepools to do everything you'd ever want
>>
SO MANY FUCKING SHITTERS IN THIS THREAD

LUNALA PURE HUGE UBER
DUGTRIO OU STAPLE MIGHT END UP BANNED
MANTINE OU
KARTANA UBER
>>
>>29948580
Incredible movepool.
Greninja-tier coverage.
Great stat distribution.
God-tier STAB.
Incredible signature move.
Good ability.
Access to Will-o-Wisp.
>>
>>29951355
Agreed with all these, except Mantine which might not be able to hang in OU because of that 4x weakness and an abundance of good special walls. It also can't use terrain and gets absolutely BTFO by Pellipper+Koko Thunder spam.
>>
File: conk is pissed.jpg (31KB, 166x166px) Image search: [Google]
conk is pissed.jpg
31KB, 166x166px
>>29948645
>Bewear is easily OU material, it's even more Conkeldurr than Conkeldurr itself was in terms of tankiness
Not without a Guts boosted 140 base attack Drain Punch, you don't
>>
>>29941925
Where will Bewear be in?
>>
>>29951477
OU
>>
>>29950257
>Lurantis- NU
>Not PU
C'mon people, this pokemon isn't good at anything, not even Contrary is legal yet and it sucks with that regardless.
>>
>>29951474
252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 180-212 (56 - 66%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Choice Band Bewear Return vs. 48 HP / 0 Def Conkeldurr: 210-247 (57.8 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after burn damage
Conk a shit A SHIT
>>
>>29941925
My predictions.

>Ubers
Solgaleo
Lunala
Kartana
Ash-Greninja
Pheromosa
>OU
Tapu Koko
Tapu Fini
Toxapex
Tapu Lele (will be suspected)
Marshadow (will be suspected)
Necrozma
Dugtrio (will be suspected)
Pelipper (yes, seriously)
Mantine
Magearna
Buzzwole
Xurkitree
Diancie-Mega (Mega speed got fixed)
>BL
Tapu Bulu
Silvally
>UU
Kommo-o
Decidueye
Tsareena
Type: Null
Ribombee
Minior
Guzzlord
Golisopod
Araquanid (Its ability had an unwritten effect, making it stupid good)
Dhelmise
Salazzle
Mimikyu
Drampa
Nihilego
Celesteela
>BL2
Gumshoos
Bewear
>RU
Lycanroc Midday
Toucannon
Comfey
Komala
Wishiwashi
Golem-A
Primarina
Turtonator
Incineroar
Bruxish
Shiinotic
>NU
Vikavolt
Crabominable
Palossand
Mudsdale
Passimian
>PU
Oranguru
Lycanroc Midnight
Lurantis
Torrocat
Oricorio (all forms)
Togedemaru
>FU
Pyukumuku
>>
>>29953219
I doubt Buzzwole makes OU
>>
>>29953567
I dunno, in a meta where Talonflame has been dumpstered I can see a slightly altered non-mega M-Heracross doing work in OU.

But now that I think about it you're probably right, it'll drop once the meta gets settled. Fairyspam will fuck it over. Lele+M-Diancie+Magearna is too good.
>>
File: 85f.png (63KB, 193x171px) Image search: [Google]
85f.png
63KB, 193x171px
>people who think Eviolite Type: Null will actually be good
>people who think it will be better than Silvally
>>
>Ubers
lele chan
marshadow

>OU
Power Construct Zygarde
UBs/other tapus
Primarina
Bewear
Toxapex
Magearna
Ribombee
Dhelmise

>BL
Minior
Golisopod

>UU
Incineroar
Kommo-o
Better Silvally types
Mimikyu
Mudsdale
Drampa
Wishiwashi

>RU
Tsareena
Guzzlord
Salazzle
Lycanroc-M
Comfey
Every alola form save maybe raticate
Crabominable
Turtonator
Shiinotic
Vikavolt

>NU
Palossand
Toucannon
Gumshoos
Passimian
Oranguru
Verlisify
Lurantis
Oricorio
Bruxish
Pyukumuku

>PU
Decidueye
>>
>>29953219
I think this is a good list. I just can't see Silvally being BL though. UU at best. I get that it has parting shot...but its stats are really underwhelming for something that can't hold an item unless it chooses to stay Normal type.

I think people are looking at it as the poor man's Arcues. It's really not even comparable to Arcues at all. Arceus has an insane movepool and great stats to back it up. Silvally has neither.
>>
>>29955589
>Primarina
>Ribombee
>Dhelmise
>OU

>Dicidueye
>PU

Is this a bait post?
>>
>>29947013
What do you mean?
>>
>>29955693
I understand perfectly that it's nothing like Arceus, but I still think you might be underestimating Silvally's utility.

It's a fairly quick Pokemon with stellar coverage, a customizable type, and access to Parting Shot. I think it can also do fairly well running Swords Dance + 3 coverage moves. It can also carry Thunder Wave to spread status and it has the freedom to go physical or special.

While overall I don't think it's very good at any specific thing, it is extremely versatile. That versatility, that uncertainty of which set it's running or what coverage it might have, gives it a Greninja-like quality of unpredictability.

If it's up against something weak to dark, what do you do? Stay in and hope it's not running Parting Shot, or switch in the hope that it's not running a Pursuit trapping set? If you bring in something to wall its physical variant, like Ferrothorn, what if it's carrying Flamethrower as insurance? That fourth moveslot can be deadly to a lot of its checks and I think it will be more powerful than some might think.

Lack of EQ or fighting type moves hurts it though and I don't think it'll last long in OU. But I also think it might be too centralizing for UU. Remember, the UU leaders are a bit autistic and very ban-happy. I can see it going the way of Mega-Zam or Terrakion - really good, not good enough to see constant usage in OU, but too good for UU. That's BL.
>>
>>29955744
He put Pyukumuku above PU, it's not worth taking seriously.
>>
File: conkreactionimage.jpg (168KB, 495x797px) Image search: [Google]
conkreactionimage.jpg
168KB, 495x797px
>>29951746
>both 2HKO
>but Conkeldurr recovers health while dishing damage
>>
>>29955776
People in the UU room hate Vaporeon because it's technically not as good as other water types in the tier.
Primarina is even worse than Vaporeon and a big amount of people seem to plan to use it in UU.
>>
>>29942162
what a gigantic idiot, holy shit.
Thread posts: 164
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.