[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HARD MODE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (209KB, 2000x736px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
209KB, 2000x736px
So, if GF were going to make a hard mode for the main story, what should they do? Increase the NPC's Pokémon's levels? Give a better AI to the NPCs? Give me your ideas.
>>
make a more intelligent AI
>>
>>29941495
NPCs have mixed teams, know when to switch, and are six steps ahead of you. Adding another monster, give the ace a Sitrus Berry and pumping them up a few levels is not a Hard mode.
>>
Make it so that you can't get any experience from monsters 1-2 levels below you.
>>
>>29941495
Actually give NPCs Pokemon with 4 moves
>>
>>29941495
Move exp. share to endgame.
Do whatever they did for bw2, but don't make it a tedious unlockable.

That's it.
>>
>>29941584
I don't think Exp. Share is the real problem.
>>
>Main battles are double battles
>Healing items do not exist
>Zubat has Shadow Tag
>>
>>29941495
Remove levels, or at least remove the stat boosts and keep them only as a way to learn new moves or evolve. Treat all battles like a set Lv.50 battle in the Battle Tower/Maison whatever, prevent the usage of items in battle.
>>
>>29941495
Exactly what they did in Bw2
>>
give random NPCs more than 2 pokemon would be a start.
>>
>>29941495
Random trainers have more pokemon, fuck those dudes with only 1 Golbat

Every gym leader/captain/kahuna/E4 should have 6 pokemon. And held items.

Better NPC AI. At the very least get them to switch.
>>
>>29941495
More full teams (more 6 on 6), slightly higher levels, better movesets, and simply better AI.
>>
>>29941495
>Better AI for everyone
Route trainers shouldn't be that much better since they're suppose to be average trainers. I don't think Youngster Joey should be setting up to sweep my team in the beginning of the game. I do think that Veterans and Ace Trainers should be made to be significantly more difficult. Same with gym leaders, late rival battles, important fights, etc. Their AI should not be psychic like the Battle Maison but it should be tough to beat them.

>Gym leaders/E4/Important trainers should have some kind of gimmick or strategy
How about some Sun/Rain/Sandstorm teams? maybe some Spikes/Toxic Spikes/Stealth Rocks abusers. Terrain users could be cool. A lot of people will say that the "real game" starts after you beat the story, so why not use the story to introduce the player to elements they see in competitive battling? Right now the games never require anything more from you than knowledge of type advantages and a basic understanding of physical vs special moves. It would be nice if they showed off certain mechanics and moves more.

>More double/triple battles
I know this will never happen since triple battles are gone and double battles lag but these are fun and can be challenging. Suddenly Growl and Leer are completely viable moves, even halfway through the story.

>Give important trainers at least 4 Pokemon
The exception is early game battles. It's not fun going up against the very first gym leader who has 6 trained pokemon while you have a team of nothing but early game shitmons and your starter (see Blaze Black and other 'hard mode' ROM hacks).

I don't think raising NPC's levels would do anything for the difficulty since you would just be getting more EXP from them anyway. With the BW exp scaling, you're never going to be underleveled.
>>
Levels stay the same, or maybe 1-2 more levels at some points
Non-retarded AI or at least more idiot-proof move sets
Better coverage of types and good coverage moves and bigger teams, at least for major NPCs
The NPCs and totems in general won't have Pokemon with move sets weaker than what they naturally learn at that level
Some appropriately strong TMs early-mid game for major trainers that match what player has available as TMs by then, late-game they make use of all TMs
More EVs in general, default 255 rather than 0 and minmax 510 on all Major NPCs
More held items where fitting, at least berries.
>>
More intelligent AI
Better Level Curve
Trainers have better constructed teams
Trainers will switch Pokemon out
All Pokemon that belong to trainers will have held items
Set only, no option for Switch.
Exp All goes back to Exp Share
>>
I want to make a randomizer for RSEFRLG that Makes every trainer have the best AI and all of their Pokemon have Battle Factory movesets.
>>
Though it will never happen, will say it anyways,
>Nuzlocke mode with rules customization
>>
For the strongest trainers (i.e. Red, champions) allow them to Mega Evolve and/or use Z-moves multiple times per battle. I think that'd be pretty cool
>>
>>29941495
Better AI, held items, perma set instead of switch. No items can be used mid battle, but your team cannot be critically hit
Increasing levels or changing the way lower level pokemon gives less xp just makes the game more grindy
increasing their pokemon might also not work because some areas might just take too long to complete. Give more to just bosses
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.