[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When are they going to nerf this piece of cunt?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

When are they going to nerf this piece of cunt?
>>
The only thing that'd nerf it would be if they removed Levitate.
>>
>>29938673
>removing Levitate
Please, poor Rotom-Fan couldn't take it
>>
>>29938673
I think they should do this.

When it was discovered Gengar lost it, some people were wondering if Levitate was gone period. I don't think it'd be all that disastrous. Hear me out.

Very few Pokemon that have Levitate either 1. need it or 2. can justify having it. Koffing and Weezing I suppose need it, but there could be a way around it without it being an ability; perhaps it could be a rare item. Plus, they're based on LANDmines. Flygon is an absolute mess of a Pokemon in terms of type, thematically and everything. I say re-type it to at least Ground/Flying or Dragon/Flying. Gamefreak themselves can't think of a Mega; it's hopelessly outclassed - just put it out of its misery. Even if it ends up being a UU Landorus, at least people will use it.

I don't know, if Gengar can be justified as having Cursed Body instead of Levitate, I don't see why any of those others should have it. Give Eelektross, Weezing, Cryogonal and Hydreigon some way around it but the others really don't have any reason to be magically immune to Earthquake whilst Gengar isn't. Levitate has been a mess for ages, being a cop-out of Flying, whose entire niche is immunity to Ground. Maybe relegate it to being an invisible passive ability; make it a one-a-party item that doesn't break after one turn or make it a VERY high priority move that works like Magnet Rise. So you CAN levitate if you use a turn to activate it.
>>
>>29938885
The difference is that they're all in the air and Gengar fucking stands on the ground.
>>
>>29938553
really the only one that needs to be nerfed is rotom-wash
>>
>>29938971
That's not really Gengar's fault, it's how he was animated. I'm not trying to argue with you here, but that logic is like saying that Charizard in gen 1-3 shouldn't have been part-Flying because he was drawn standing on the ground looking intimidating.

Gengar's a shadow; he's meant to pass through solid matter. That's why he has Levitate.
>>
>>29938885
>Flygon is an absolute mess of a Pokemon in terms of type, thematically and everything. I say re-type it to at least Ground/Flying or Dragon/Flying. Gamefreak themselves can't think of a Mega; it's hopelessly outclassed - just put it out of its misery. Even if it ends up being a UU Landorus, at least people will use it.
Or they can just give it Arena Trap and make it broken.
>>
>>29939079
>he's meant to pass through solid matter
And that's represented by its immunity to Normal and Fighting like all Ghosts. Do you want it to be immune to all Physical Moves, too? If anything, being a shadow should make it especially vulnerable to Ground because shadows are on the ground.
>>
>>29938553
Never. GF loves this fucker so much they literally made him a prominent character.
>>
>>29939106
The thing about Flygon is that it's too many concepts crammed into one thing, and it clashes directly with how they make Pokemon work mechanically more than any other Pokemon.

It's an antlion - so Bug.
Its theme, though, is Ground type, being a sand-dwelling Pokemon.
It then becomes a Dragon, like the ugly duckling but a more boyish, powerful version.
But it's also themed on Flying because Dragonflies.

So what we have is a Pokemon that is trying to be Bug/Ground/Dragon/Flying and it just can't work. Bug is established as a type that can become something else, (e.g. Skorupi -> Drapion) so fine, but the others aren't so easy to rectify; and again, later additions like Garchomp and Zygarde ensure Flygon will move further and further away from relevancy with every game.

They changed Magnemite's type before - why not once more? I don't think anyone would complain if it helped Flygon out. Hell, why not:

>Flygon
>Bug/Dragon
>Ability: Fast Flight
>Effect: If Flygon moves first, it remains immune to Ground for the rest of the turn.
>HA: Gale Wings
>>
>>29939351
Oh it's a Bug/Dragon tard episode.
>>
>>29938553
>rotom isn't even in the pokedex in gen 7

explain this poketards.
>>
>>29939351
How would giving it one of the worst typings in the game and then stripping it of levitate help it?
>>
File: real life weezing.jpg (13KB, 638x480px) Image search: [Google]
real life weezing.jpg
13KB, 638x480px
>>29938885
>perhaps it could be a rare item
If only there was something like a balloon full of air. That could solve it.
>Plus, they're based on LANDmines
Do you mean SEAmines?
>>
>>29939426
it literally is
i mean literally
>>
>>29939380
>>29939460
Well, it was just a suggestion. It needs something to make it unique, and Bug isn't exactly a bad typing, especially if it's fast.
>>
File: Pokemon_Bank_logo.jpg (20KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_Bank_logo.jpg
20KB, 400x240px
>>29939426
You want your OU mon in game?
Then give us money goy
>>
>>29939426
I think the Dex would have an existential crisis
>>
>>29939484
Bug is a horrible type.
>Resisted by 7 types, including popular defensive AND offensive types
>Weak to stealth rock
>Only provides a check against the few high tier grass and psychic types, and some dark types that are trying to be defensive
Not good
>>
>>29939351
>Make his typing shittier at defogging, the one thing he excels at
>Giving it two shitty incredibly situational abilities.
>Even if Gale Wings wasn't nerfed all it'd work for is priority roost.
Thank fuck you don't work at Gamefreak.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.