[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To the people who already beat the game. How viable are they?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: Alola Forms.png (144KB, 1105x509px) Image search: [Google]
Alola Forms.png
144KB, 1105x509px
To the people who already beat the game. How viable are they?

I was looking forward to use Raichu, Muk and Marowak.
>>
>>29934634
I used Muk and currently I edited it to use at battle tree

It's a direct upgrade from regular Muk. STAB with Knock Off and Pursuit is great, and Poison touch is good too.

Current set I'm using at Battle Tree

A-Muk @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Shadow Sneak

He actually hits hard with a disgusting special bulk thanks to Assault Vest, Pursuit isn't as good in the Battle Tree tho, but it will come good against people to fuck with Lati@s, Gengar, and similar shit.

It has some downsides tho:
- Lack of recovery makes hard to do a Curse based set.
- It doesn't get Sucker Punch.
- No move tutors means less coverage than regular Muk.
>>
>Sandslash has only one Ice Physical non-egg move
>Learns it at level 1 so no caught one will have it
Just kill me now
>>
>>29934634
All are shit, GameFreak didn't have a head on its shoulders when designing these things, minuscule stat changes and unhelpful type changes
>>
>>29934634
Marowak is so slowww. I was hoping it'd lose some of its defense and put it into speed, but sadly it didn't. I am excited to try them all out, though. Muk seems really powerful.
>>
>>29935036
I can already tell you didn't play the game.
>>
Has anyone tried Alchemy Muk and Shedinja in doubles yet?
>>
>>29935254
I can already tell you are a gamefreak apologist
>>
File: 1479066259253.png (168KB, 654x576px) Image search: [Google]
1479066259253.png
168KB, 654x576px
>>29935296
>GameFreak apologist
Still love this meme.
>>
File: 1471536456225.jpg (7KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1471536456225.jpg
7KB, 217x190px
>>29935036
/thread
>>
>>29935255
Alchemy won't copy Wonder Guard.
>>
>>29934634
None of them is leaving RU
>>
>>29934634
>Muk, Golem, and Persian are all upgrades from regular forms (still shit) and the rest are all either just as bad as the originals or worse.
>>
>>29934634
Raichu and dugtrio are the only real good ones, the others have the worst stat changes possible, are fucked over as weather works backwards and need it, or are literally unchanged
In short, gf is on a fucking spree specifically for marowak
>>
>>29934634
Muk, Ninetails, Raichu, and Exeggutor are good.

Dugtrio is fine but regular Dugtrio is better with its new buffs.

The rest are also trash and super niche. Literally the only reason to use A-Golem is if you want Electric Explosion.
>>
>>29934634
A-Ninetales is actually pretty good. Snow Warning and 1 turn Aurora Veil makes it a pretty good support mon. Despite the good offensive typing, 81 Sp.Atk doesn't do much. A-Muk is also pretty good with its additional Dark type, but it's pretty much identical to its regular form. A-Dugtrio lost Arena Trap and that really sucks.
>>
>>29935036
>Unhelpful type changes
Muk's benefit it in every possible way.
>>
A-Dugtrio is pure shit
>>
>>29934952
>Learns it at level 1 so no caught one will have it
Move relearner. Go grind dem heart scales.
>>
>>29937417
I was wrong anyway, thankfully it's one of those moves it learns upon evolving. The datamines just listed it as a start move.
>>
>>29935254
Why is /vp/ so defensive lately
>>
>>29934816
>I used Muk and currently I edited it to use at battle tree

I know people can play the games anyway they want, but if you're just playing single player I don't understand the point of cheating. Like why trivialize it for yourself? If you aren't going to play the single player legitimately, why play it at all?

I'm not saying you can't play the way you want, I just don't really understand it.
>>
>>29938268
For battle tree I think its fine to cheat. If its only ingame then why not just gen a fully ev trained pokemon. As long as you aren't bringing the pokemon online its fine.
>>
>>29938268
The pokemon in these types of facilities all have perfect ivs and optimized evs. You're not going to get very far using an ingame team.
>>
Aloan marrowak gets rock head flare blitz and thick club still works on it. Thing hits like a legendary but its speed is ass and it has too many common weaknesses.

Pair it with a speed boost passer and it can do well though.
>>
>>29938675
Its fucking appearance and lore suggest it should have had less defense or HP and higher speed with its dance shtick. At least thank fuck they didn't make it a shitter special attacking chandelure but they should have buffed its fucking speed and gave it a different niche but no.

To anyone who EVER defended ADugtrio go and KYS NOW

I hate Gamefreak the FUCKSSSS.
>>
>>29934634
>>
>>29938821
Totally wrong on Ninetales and Persian. Ninetales is going to be used for Hail support. It can set up dual screens on the first turn with Aurora Veil, which not only covers for its somewhat frail typing but also lets your sweepers come in and wreck everything.

Technician Bite is useless on A-Persian. It's more suited to special attacking, and its niche is Fur Coat Parting Shot.
>>
>>29938268
These are the same people that complain about "no postgame". If there was a Frontier-like facility, they would cheat at that too, like many did with the Maison when Injecting became a thing.
>>
>>29938821
ninetales already is a fast sweeper. got a speed boost, has nasty plot, and amazing stab combination. it's the best alola form period
>>
Alolan Sandslash was a mistake
>>
>>29939008
persian can actually abuse technician with snarl. it also has a bunch of cool moves like nasty plot, power gem, hidden power, and hopefully icy wind and water pulse someday with the tutors
>>
a-marowak is raping battle tree for me atm

marowak @ thick club
rock head (hidden ability)
jolly/adamant
252/252/4 at/sp/hp

flare blitz
shadow bone
eq
flame charge

probably not going to be sweeping OU anytime soon but absolutely wrecks ingame, which amazing coverage. flame charge is exactly what it needed to really sweep, and a 75 bp move after stab with his attack is nothing to scoff at
>>
>>29934634

Faticate can hold its own, if it hits, that is. Non-Hustle Faticate is not worth it.

Psychu is pretty good, too bad it can't learn surf.

Snowslash is Snowtrash. Doesn't help you find it late game

Ninetails is good.
Fabtrio is good

Nermal has it's uses, either with it being bulky with Fur Coat or hitting pretty decently with technician or nasty plot

Goylem is good

Muk is the best one

Exeggutor is decent
Hallowak is decent
>>
>>29934634
>pure shit tier
faticate
>tragically shit tier
snowslash
nermal
>top nu tier
galvem
oilmuk
psychu
>might be too good for nu tier:
hairtrio
hallowak
exeggutagon
>actually decent tier:
snowtales
>>
>>29939230
>Snowslash is Snowtrash. Doesn't help you find it late game

well shit, guess I'm taking him off my team planner
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.