[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't they just make Lillie a trainer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: lillie1.png (455KB, 565x1280px) Image search: [Google]
lillie1.png
455KB, 565x1280px
So I finished Lillie: The Game and enjoyed it, but it really was pretty much about Lillie, and not you. And that didn't bother me, except for one thing... why didn't they make Lillie become a trainer?

She realizes pretty early that Pokemon battling isn't just a bunch of cockfights and a bond exists between trainer and pokemon and they work together, etc. So why not give her a Pokemon of her own? It would work much better to show her growth as a character, and she doesn't have to be a straight up rival. She could literally get one shitmon just to have something that shows she is committed to this quest rather than relying on you as her buttboy clearing a path so she can walk through.

And imagine how neat it would be if in the postgame, after you've caught all the UBs and everything, one of the Battle Tree/challenger opponents is Lillie with a full team of Alola/Kanto/Johto mons. Rather than just never seeing her again.

Seriously what the fuck, it's such an obvious opportunity.
>>
>>29931783
what the fuck is she so mad about
>>
>>29931831

How would it make her less helpless if she had a Pokemon? Lots of people have Pokemon, but they can still get BTFO, and you are stronger. It would serve as a marker of her growth and she wouldn't stop being helpless just because she has Pikipek now or whatever.

And I don't know how giving her a Pokemon would make it seem like the story is even more about her. It is pretty clear the story is ALL about her. In fact I think it's even worse for Lillie to have no Pokemon because either way you know the story is all about her, but when she has no fucking Pokemon of her own it's like she's not even trying and you are her slave doing all the legwork. At least make it so she has her own Pokemon, just gets BTFO and then you and Hau come in and help because she's your friend, instead of doing LITERALLY everything for her while she stands there completely useless.
>>
>>29931840

she's mad that her family has fallen apart her mom wants the tentacles her bro has become edgelord and her dad fucked off to nowhere for all she knows
>>
File: lilie.webm (1MB, 640x382px) Image search: [Google]
lilie.webm
1MB, 640x382px
Lilie is cute!
C U T E!
>>
At least I got to cuck Hau.
>>
>>29931783
Girls aren't allowed to be trainers, they get relegated to contests
>>
>>29931840
Her mom forces her to wear stupid clothes.
>>
>>29931840
She wanted more screentime
>>
>And imagine how neat it would be if in the postgame, after you've caught all the UBs and everything, one of the Battle Tree/challenger opponents is Lillie with a full team of Alola/Kanto/Johto mons. Rather than just never seeing her again.
Wait for the enhanced Sun&Moon port for the Nintendo Switch.
>>
Did you watch the ending? She says that she is going to become a real trainer in Kanto and comeback once she has become stronger. Just wait for the third version/sequel/her being forced into a new gen.

The only thing I disliked about Lillie, myself, was that she didn't stop healing my Pokemon. I hated that, I liked back in the days when my team was totally fucked up and I needed to smartly manage resources. in SM you just talk to Lillie like every single map and she heals them for you.
>>
>>29932532

I did watch the ending, but it doesn't change that for the whole fucking game she was a dead weight even though it was her story. There could have been some buildup to her deciding to leave for Kanto to go find herself. Like... getting one Pokemon of her own, even one, to show that she was making that first step.

Seriously this is like if a friend came up to you and said he needed you to do this huge favor for him and you need to go borrow money from the Russian mafia or something to save his mom's life and then he tells you to drive him, he tells you to negotiate alone with Vladimir Putin, he tells you to gunsling your way out of Triad territory, and all he contributes is he pays for snacks.
>>
>>29932638
The one thing I would change is having Kukui give her an starter before she leaves. Would have been a nice gesture.
>>
>>29931831
>Just fucking make her part of the 'party', let us assume she's with us.
Pretty sure it was intentional, you still get enough time doing your own business.Why would she hang with you when you do trials or random ass shit like shopping/grinding/whatever? It makes no sense, even her typical attempt to stay in story battles "i don't like this but i will watch for you" feel forced as fuck.
>everyone else would always be like 'Where's Lillie?
No wonder if you're basically her and cosmog's bodyguards, if someone you should protect are not there it's a big reason to start worrying
>>
>>29932666
She is better off getting a Kanto starter from Oak rather than the Alola starter jobbers...
>>
>>29932849
Hello genwunner, non-mega kanto starters are shit
>>
File: 1476557582845.png (3MB, 1960x1728px) Image search: [Google]
1476557582845.png
3MB, 1960x1728px
>>29931783
>Lillie: The Game
YES
YES
YES
I CAN'T WAIT
>>
>>29931783
she ruined the fun of the game's story.
her character is disgusting, she acts retarded and your own character has ZERO progress (besides winning some bimbo shit)
>>
>>29931935
people like you are the reason why everyone is laughing at this board.
>>
Which Kanto starter would Lillie pick? She looks like an Squirtle sort of girl.
>>
>>29932956
>her character is disgusting

pls explain
>>
>>29933014
The one that will be strong against your starter in 25th Anniversary Kanto sequels.
>>
>>29932956
>your own character has ZERO progress
That's true for every mainline Pokémon game.
Your only sense of progress is becoming stronger.
>>
I want to HUG Lillie.
>>
It's kind of a waste to have her be so prominent and then not let you fight her at all. I mean I don't expect every rival to be as hot shit as the MC and in fact I even like it when, like Bel, they realize this is not their thing and find something else to do.

But Lillie literally did nothing.
>>
>>29932532
>She says that she is going to become a real trainer in Kanto and comeback once she has become stronger. Just wait for the third version/sequel/her being forced into a new gen.

New Kanto games where you play as Lillie. Y/N?
>>
Because they had to create an excuse for giving you Solgaleo/ Lunala from her.
>>
>>29935267
She is gonna be the new Kanto Champion and you're gonna like it.
>>
>>29935379
Eh, she could have left it with you when she went to Kanto because she wanted to begin as a new trainer and she didn't want to take it out from Alola. I mean, if she had Solgaleo/Lunala on her team she could one-shot all the Kanto Gyms effortlessly.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.