[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHY MUST THERE BE A FUCKING CUTSCENE EVERY FUCKING 20 SECONDS FUCK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 3

File: 1310428232779.png (3KB, 170x236px) Image search: [Google]
1310428232779.png
3KB, 170x236px
WHY
MUST
THERE
BE
A
FUCKING
CUTSCENE
EVERY
FUCKING
SECONDS
FUCK
>>
BECAUSE LILLIE IS A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE AND YOU SHOULD BE HONORED TO BE HER HANDMAID YOU WORTHLESS IMMIGRANT SHIT
>>
>>29929197
F U C K T H A T M O E S H I T ABOUT FRIENDSHIP AND OTHER STUPID THINGS
I WANT TO ENSLAVE PETS AND MAKE THEM BATTLE TO DEATH NOT FOLLOWING THAT LITTLE BROKEN SLUT IN HER STUPID QUEST
>>
>>29929181
You shut your whore mouth. Pokemon game finally has story and now you retard complain about it. GTFO.
>>
>>29929321
The story gets cool later, at least
and eventually it ends anyway
>>
>>29929789
What is BW and BW2, what is ORAS
>>
>>29929181
Kill yourswld you stupid memespouter. The cutscenes are just what this franchise needed. Why am I even bothering to type this? You're in the minority.
>>
>>29929847
your braincells are in the minority
>>
You're making too big a deal out of it
>>
>>29929829
>BW
trash

>BW2
still trash

>ORAS
what story?
>>
You think thats bad play mgs guns of the patriots its pratically a movie.
>>
I'm with OP. Story is good but getting a cutscene every 20 seconds is absolute garbage
>>
>>29929181
Are the cutscenes really that bad and frequent?
I'm not going to play a fucking movie.
>>
>>29930099
Yes, you get your starter in 30 minutes unless you have text speed on high, which lowers it to 20
>>
>>29929181
play past the beginning you ADD fuck
>>
>>29930099
at the start and a few important parts like there are 15 seconds cutscenes every 30 seconds, but usually is like two lines of dialogue every new area.
Mostly Hau saying he is going to search where is the closest malasada shop.
>>
>>29930099
half of the game are cutscenes
>>
>>29930141
>Mostly Hau saying he is going to search where is the closest malasada shop.
Wow the story we absolutely needed, finally
>>
>>29929829
>BW
shit
>BW2
Great game, but what story?
>ORAS
A mediocre remake of a mediocre gen
>>
>>29930196
The two lines, I mean.
>>
>>29929959
stfu fag, BW had a good story. Agree with the other 2 though.
>>
>Gamefreakshillfags still protect Gen 7
>Unovabortions protect their shitty games
>>
>>29929829
>ORAS had a story
You mean Delta Episode?
>>
>>29929181
... how else were they gonna tell the story? Is this your first Pokemon game?
>>
>>29929181
Because it's very much a story focused game. Just sit back and enjoy it.
>>
>>29930910
LIKE THEY DID WITH EVERY PAST GAME UP TO GEN 5. WITH TEXT YOU COULD QUCKLY SKIP
>>
>>29930910
If you associate story in games with cutscenes you should seriously stop playing video games as you seem to have missed a point or two.
>>
>>29929181

Dunno OP. Just started Moon and the amount of hand-holding and cutscenes is pretty obnoxious so far. Hopefully it lightens up.
>>
>>29931121
Not every game can rely on vague environmental storytelling anon.
>>
>>29929959
>>29930773
Butthurt sinnohfags
>>
File: aa4.png (94KB, 1302x1301px) Image search: [Google]
aa4.png
94KB, 1302x1301px
>>29929959
>BW B2W2
>trash
>>
>>29931187
Okay, so you think the opposite is vague environmental storytelling? There's more to the fucking story than what happens in cutscenes. Battles, travelling etc. are all a part of the storytelling, if that's vague to you then you are a lost cause.
>>
>>29929181
>complaining
>>
But anon, if they didn't do that surely you'd get bored and quit!
Obviously you're here for the cutscenes, right?
>>
>>29931827
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>29929829
>ORAS

Emerald's story was better. It's better to have 2 full retard evil teams go against each other than a single full retard evil team going against you.
>>
>>29929181
7.5/10 too many cut scenes
>>
>>29931317
>Battles, traveling etc. are all a part of the storytelling
And you still get those. You also get exposition and character development from the cutscenes. People complaining about the cutscenes in this game clearly haven't played a regular JRPG before.
>>
>>29929181
There's a ton and it's annoying and hau is annoying and pointless and the whole game is about Lillie and you don't even matter.

But the WORST part is replaying it. God damn. Half the time I'm just tapping on the screen and looking at the TV until the cut scene finishes. And the freedom. God no freedom. Its not as noticeable the first time through but the second just feels like extremely restrictive. You HAVE to go to the next flag. NPCs won't let you go anywhere other than where they want you to go.

Game is AIDS for replayability. Hoping someone changes that later on instead of just messing with trainer pokemon and throwing all the pokemon in there.
>>
>>29931255
Gen 5 was the worst gen with the worst region
People here just like it because they were too young when it came out
>>
>>29932353
You just summed up this board and Hoenn a few years ago.
>>
>>29930161
That's bullshit, there's like 10+ minutes of cutscenes total, in a double digit hour long game it's nothing.
The start is slow yeah but welcome to RPGs.
>>
>>29929789
>finally
are the calling card of Alolasomes gonna be pretending thier game started everything in the series
>>
>>29932658
look at>>29932066
There are RPGs and there is pokemon. shouldn't be mixed.
>>
>>29929847
>The cutscenes are just what this franchise needed
christ

>>29931187
but that is superior storytelling
>>
>>29932353

You just summed up Gen 1 and 2
>>
>>29932701
And that changes the fact that in total, the amount of cutscenes is less than 15 minutes total for a game that will probably be 30 hours long on average, signifucantly longer or shorter depending on your skill or abilty to not be head up ass tier.
>>
>>29932753
>15 minutes total
>Takes 30 minutes of cut scenes before you can even get your first pokemon
No
>>
>>29932954
Hey man you said cutscenes, in which case it's not wrong, if you meant text dumps then it's nothing new for shit like that early game, BW1/BW2, ORAS and XY had over half an hour of it too and just as early.
>>
>>29933020
It takes like 3 minutes to get your pokemon on those. I don't even know if you've even played these games. If you have, then you forgot.

Replay it. The second they let you save after getting your starter, save and look at the time. It'll be around 30 minutes or around 20 if you rush through it.

>But text
>But cut scenes
You know EXACTLY what everyone is fucking talking about so don't talk shit by saying there's only 15 minutes worth in the whole game when, again, it takes longer than that to get your starter.
>>
>>29933020
30 minutes to fucking save
>>
>>29933157
That's a load of shit man, it takes like 40 minutes to get out of the tutorial in BW1.
Honestly it would seem like overall SM is actually average it's just more clusterfucked together like ORAS had long ass sequences but they were only once in awhile albeit longer and the Delta Episode was literally just that.
>>
>>29933299
Pokemon, not tutorial. Tutorial isn't done when you get your pokemon. Tutorial in sm is far longer and essentially never really stops since you are being dragged around by people cut scene to cut scene. However, I'm not going to count that. Alone it really is long
>>
>>29929181
You know about a game called Metal Gear?
>>
The region is blatantly unfinished past the first island.

You all will know what I mean when you play through it.
First island is well designed, has little wasted space, all areas connect beautifully, as some great camera work where you can see other areas in the horizon, and has optional areas to uncover with Pokeride.
Second and third islands are guided tourist tours with HUGE areas that are inexplicably inaccessible, loading screens teleporting you beteween huge stretches of land that look explorable in the map, shoddy connection between areas that make no sense, absolutely NO optional areas at all despite there being blocked off paths to what looks like areas that were scrapped from the game, lack of camera work at all and back almost 100% of the time to the boring overhead view, and overall a huge lack of polish compared to the first island.

And the cutscenes that you thought were normal/a tutorial in the first island so you tolerate them then? They somehow get worse.
>>
>>29933365
never bought one, never will
>>
>>29933366
This does make me think there could be sequels planned

Certainly deserves it more than XY
>>
>>29933446
>>This does make me think there could be sequels planned
Just like XY and Z amirite? Or Battle Frontier DLC that was totally gonna happen too, right?

How many times must Gamefreak pull this for you people to learn?
>>
>>29932658
One day someone will compile all the pre league cutscenes and bits where you lose control other than pressing A to continue.

It's going to be at least 3 hours worth of shit.
>>
>>29933543
at least
>>
>>29933543
Can't wait until a video like this is made for SM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EY88Qf9euQ
>>
>"XY had no story! The characters are robots! The champion was practically nonexistent!"
>SM adds story
>"What the fuck why is there so much story this is terrible."

Proof that /vp/ is contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.
>>
>>29929789
>wanting a story
Give me a starter, point me to the next town, and let me be on my way. Feel free to include some DEEPEST LURE on legendaries but get the fuck out of my way if I don't speak to you first.
>>
>>29933366
The entire game during the fourth island made me think that they rushed the fuck out of the game to get it in by the 20th anniversary.

There's absolutely fuck-all and they just immediately throw you at the Kahuna with absolutely no spectacle or hype.
>>
>>29934517
I got that impression on the second island, the third island reinforced it and the fourth confirmed it.

They rushed it because of the anniversary, full stop.
>>
>>29929181
Gen 5 had this same problem yet we all know how much everyone on this board praises those games.
>>
Pokemon isn't fucking Half Life 2 or MGS it doesn't need this many fucking cutscenes that you can't skip. It unnecessarily slows the gameplay down, any time you start enjoying yourself you get into a slow drawn out meaningless cutscene
>>
>>29934557
Gen 5 had good pacing though, moreso BW2.

I hope SM2 expands the region (which feels fucking unfinished, especially the last two islands) and makes the pacing better. And if we don't even get a SM2 or equivalent, then I guess GF is going to pull a gen 6 again and never do a satisfatory game like Platinum, HGSS or BW2 ever again. I guess the competition from free smartphone games was too much, RIP
>>
>>29934766
Oh so now it doesn't matter?

After the millions of complaints where people were saying the series was going nowhere and the stories sucked balls? Especially after XY?

Fuck off, contrarian.
>>
>>29934877
Because I am the voice of every single person to ever have an opinion? Do you have autism
>>
>>29929181
>OP complaining about plot in pokemon
>SM isn't even that plot-heavy compared to other JRPGs
kek
>>
>>29932740
Yep. Playing since gen 1 and gen 4 was probably the best for me. Didn't enjoy 5 or 6, maybe because I'm older now and don't care as much about new mons.
>>
>>29935044
Even plot-heavy JRPG don't handhold you and stop you every 5 seconds like SM does.
>>
>>29935104
I guarantee you that it depends, a lot.

The likes of Final Fantasy X are insufferable when it comes to that. I don't even need to mention XIII because that's too cheap.
>>
>>29935044
It's a kids game based around catching and trading pokemon, not a fucking plot driven JRPG. And at least in other JRPG's you can fucking skip cutscenes or at least mash through them. It was a poor design stop spouting your dripple you copy off others
>>
>>29934909
No, but your opinion is absolute shit.
>>
>>29934557
Comparing the two and largely ignoring the end of the main stories of both:

BW has cutscenes when you enter a route and about to face a gym. In a few cases your rivals try and fuck you up after a route or you have a scene after beating a gym leader.

SM has cutscenes when you enter a route, get halfway through said route, and when you finish the route. It also has cutscenes when you enter a city, look around the city, and about to leave a city. Not to mention before and after a trial.

What makes SM so much worse is the amount of time it takes to finish one cutscenes even when mashing a. The text is slow, the animation is slow, and there are way too many cutscenes in general.
>>
I'm okay with the story heavy shit, but for fucks sake put in a skip button and let ME instantiate the event in a clearly indicated way, don't railroad me into one as soon as I enter some boundary zone.
>>
When will they go back to making games where you're just a trainer collecting mons and beating the E4, with no aliens, chosen ones, save the world bullshit?
>>
>>29935359
>What makes SM so much worse is the amount of time it takes to finish one cutscenes even when mashing a. The text is slow, the animation is slow, and there are way too many cutscenes in general.

Isn't there an option to change text speed in game?
>>
File: Satoshi_Tajiri.jpg (27KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Satoshi_Tajiri.jpg
27KB, 640x360px
>>29936292
When you fire both Masuda and Ohmori and get this man to helm a project again.
>>
>>29936339
That was the first thing I changed in game and I still packed 18hrs into the main game because of all the cutscenes.
>>
>>29932066
>>29929181
It can't be worse than X and Y, that felt like the equivalent of Twilight Princess
>>
>>29936632
Nigga XY has a story for like 20% of the game, then it just stops and only shows up at the end. It was a complaint from a lot of people actually.

In SM the story is very developed and very in your face, but what seems to be gone after 20% of the game is any kind of exploration (it's only really in the first island).
>>
>>29936475

I would pay for this
>>
>>29936725
Same.
>>
>>29936725
>>29938334
Me too. The plot in modern (read from gen III forward) pokémon games sucks and most of all it's useless.
>>
>>29938391
>implying Gen II's attempt at a plot and an evil team that's the equivalent of Neo-Nazis wasn't laughably pathetic
>>
FRIENDLY REMINDER
Accurate summaries of the main story for every Pokemon game:
RGBY:
>Become the Kanto Champion, and also beat the Pokemon mafia along the way
GSC:
>Become the Johto AND Kanto Champion, and also beat the reformed Pokemon mafia along the way:
RSE:
>Stop a brainy manchild that hates water and a muscular machild that loves water from destroying a continent with their genuinely retarded plans. And also become the Champion, I guess.
ORAS
>Some crazy dragon lady thought that almost destroying the continent was the best way to awaken Rayquaza so that it stops a meteor that's going to fall on Hoenn. And become the Champion, maybe.
DPPt
>Stop an autist that can't stand normies from destroying the Universe so that he can be all alone. And discover the most ridiculous and over-the-top lore in the franchise to date. And become the Champion, I guess.
BW
>Help a sheltered, autistic young man discover that his life was a lie and stop an evil team with a plot out of a classic Simpsons' Halloween episode. And become the Champion when the previous Champion bothers to actually appear.
BW2
>The leader of the BW evil team is throwing a temper tantrum and you have to stop it. And become the Champion, maybe? The Champions in Unova don't seem to care much for the position, anyway.
XY
>Some crazy dude starts preaching about scarcity in the almost utopic world of Pokemon and you wonder why anyone would even listen to him. And become the Champion if you feel like it.
SM
>Help a sheltered little girl with mommy issues and low self-esteem learn to believe in herself and do an intervention on her abusive drug addict self-destructive mother. And become the Champ when you aren't getting railroaded by cut-scenes.
>>
>>29938391
>>29938954
The plot of Gen IV was unequivocally the worst, though.
>>
>>29939096
Why is that
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.