[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could Missingno be made canon by introducing it as an UB?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: MissingNo..png (117KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
MissingNo..png
117KB, 560x560px
Could Missingno be made canon by introducing it as an UB?
>>
That'd be pretty cool actually. Just say it's a Pokémon that got corrupted while entering the dimension. Pure flying type but what ability?
>>
>>29927344
It duplicates its stat bonuses?
>>
>>29927313
>"Glitch"-Ability
>Get's a random Ability everytime a fight starts
you can fuck around more by maing it's type random as well
>>
UB-06 "Glitch"
>>
>>29927351
I like this idea. Also a chance of holding a rare candy after battle.
>>
I can see them doing this for the 25th anniversary games. Gotta pander to the genwunners somehow.
>>
>>29927585
>recognising your oldest fans is a bad thing
>>
File: 4n5VESt.jpg (26KB, 155x293px) Image search: [Google]
4n5VESt.jpg
26KB, 155x293px
>>29927364
Smogon be like: "Smash dat mothafuckin' ban button" if this were to ever happen. No thanks.
>>
It could, I guess. Canonizing glitches like that isn't unprecedented: the first thing that comes to mind is Ermac from Mortal Kombat. In turns of "Genwunner pandering", Missingno. is probably the biggest thing - aside from maybe a "Mewthree" - that they haven't milked yet.

I doubt it's something they'd ever do, though. They've never even alluded to it before, other than Nintendo first addressing the glitch when it was discovered, and there's no real precedent for anything like that in Pokemon. There was that Mirage Master movie that seemed to have been inspired by hacked Pokemon, but at least as far as the games are concerned, nothing quite so self-referential. I'm not sure how popular the Missingno. glitch was in Japan, but I've heard before that it wasn't as well-known over there/more popular in the West, so I'm not sure how on-the-radar it is for them. But you look at things like Ultra Beasts and Silvally, and it's pretty clear that they're trying to do challenge the preconception of what a Pokemon can be. But they've always been pretty wary of glitches and exploits, so I'm not sure how likely it is that we'd ever see Missingno - or at least some self-referential "glitch Pokemon" - being canonized. In the very least, I think it's something that, if they did, would garner a lot of attention.
>>
>>29927313
Could it? Yes.
Should it? Absolutely.
Will they? No. Not when they have better ideas like Garfield and whackamoles with long blonde hair.
>>
>>29927673
It's not necessarily bad, but you could have easily appeased everyone by making Alolan forms for multiple gens of Pokemon
>>
>>29927837
>>29927860
I agree with this.

They really don't like to bring attention to Missingno., so I don't think they'd ever do anything like this.

It would be awesome if they did, however.
>>
>>29927724
it'd be fun nevertheless
>>
>>29927837
>Haven't milked
>Mewthree
What do you think Mega Mewtwo is?
>>
>>29927344
ability to have two of the same move
you can only catch it with two water guns
>>
>>29927313
Why do people still care about this shitty meme glitch after 20 years? Gamefreak doesn't care about it and neither should you.

What, should they bring back the old buggy crit mechanics too?
>>
>>29927313
No because its a fucking glitch and not a pokémon
>>
>>29927344
isn't it like "bird" type or something?
>>
>>29929176
>>29929156
>STOP
>HAVING
>FUN
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
it's just a regular cubone
>>
>>29927313
It only existed in Anerican versions looking like that, so probably not
>>
>>29929176
The "it's not a Pokemon but a battle-ready" creature floodgates have already been opened, Anon.
>>
Didnt people think something like this would happen when you transferred Missingno from the VC release?
>>
>>29927837
I remember expecting Mega Mewtwo Y to be Mewthree. It looked more like Mew so it was obviously a better clone, right?
>>
>>29927313
this in sun and moon, in the national pokedex. Only accessible through missingno transfer from R/B/Y
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.