[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Sun and Moon horror stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 13

File: Screenshot_20161107-084738.jpg (31KB, 176x283px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161107-084738.jpg
31KB, 176x283px
ITT: Sun and Moon horror stories
>>
I still have to wait until Friday to get it.
>>
>>29927398
Chilling.
>>
File: Pokémon.full.2028377.jpg (746KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon.full.2028377.jpg
746KB, 1200x1200px
>>29926964
The Totem Lurantis.

>have salandit think, "alright, this should be easy"
>nope, keeps outspeeding me
>one-shots my brionne
>keeps outspeeding the rest of my slow ass team
>it calls for castform which changes to the sun castform
>lose
>go grind a bit
>same thing happens
>have to resort to using x items to beat it
>>
>>29927398
Me too ;_;
>>
I played the game
>>
>team is weak to psychic because I just got to 3rd island and was playing with whatever I thought was cool
>Hau's Alolan Raichu kills my whole fucking team
I was a bit pissed I didn't get another chance after failing
>>
>>29926964
I got wiped by totem mimikyu
I was doing a nuzlocke until then

I had no steel types, and only my primarina's Oceanic Operetta could one shot it but Primarina couldn't take the two hits to break its disguise.
>>
>>29930117
Even with steel types shadow claw hurts like a chainsaw up your asshole. His friends spamming hypnosis aren't cool too. Sumo is truly the hardest game to nuzlocke, especially since routes are huge and you get so few first encounters.
>>
>>29929768
same, it was the hardest totem imo
Mimikyu takes the second place
>>
>>29930020
>hau killing anything
>picking the trap siren
you deserve the fucker laughing in your face and walking away
>>
>>29930117
Mudsdale to tank, Heavy Slam to break everything. When she got in the reds, swap to Primarina and nuke.
>>
>>29930414
I picked the shit bird retard
>>
>>29930431
>have grass/ghost pokemon
>box it
>lose to electric/psichic
whos the retard now?
>>
File: 1300538996109.jpg (53KB, 571x515px) Image search: [Google]
1300538996109.jpg
53KB, 571x515px
>>29930020
>Only pick gen7 pkm
>All team slow as shit
>All team ~lvl25
>vs Hau's Alolan Raichu lvl28
>"pff easy go shit bird"
>Fucking 2 shots me
>Rest of the team weak to psychic and electric
>Rekt me like I'm an NPC
>Can't get revenge
I changed my whole team because of this.
>>
File: 1455126512112.jpg (18KB, 445x445px) Image search: [Google]
1455126512112.jpg
18KB, 445x445px
>>29930020
>>29930832
>not using alolan muk
>>
>>29930871
>not using Incineroar
>>
>>29930871
>Only pick gen7 pkm
Alolan form pkm are still gen1 for me
>>
>>29930871
Pretty sure I had Grimer and still wiped to that thing.
>>
>>29926964
The game is all about Lillies mommy issues instead of anything cool like Silvally and its connection to Arceus, Guzma and Kukuis failed TC past (or Guzma in general), Hau is perfectly fine being mediocre, theres no travelling to past regions leaving Kalos forever unfinished.
just
this whole story famala
>>
File: 795.png (7KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
795.png
7KB, 256x256px
>>
>>29930959
You're fucking stupid.
>>
>>29929768
I only had a Ribombee and Brionne up to that point
It was OHKOing both of them, i had to catch a Salandit

Then i used baby-doll eyes with brionne so Salandit could survive 2 hits at least and hope for a burn while using ember, it took me like 2-3 tries to beat it
>>
>go up against Totem Wishiwashi
>thing I'm hot shit since I got Battery Bug so this will be easy
>oh what the fuck this thing is tough as shit
>oh fuck he took down my win condition
>manage to break his school form
>he summons that fucking healslut fish which heal pulses instantly
>RIP in shit me
>>
File: 9842439.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
9842439.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>>29930996
I know that
I just want to use new pokemon design
>>
File: 1465750284082.jpg (4KB, 198x193px) Image search: [Google]
1465750284082.jpg
4KB, 198x193px
>>29929768
>picking popplio
theres yer problemo, friendo
>>
Gonna repost the biggest blog post ever that I made a few days ago. It just so happens that I have the tabs still open because I hardly close my tabs.
Hope you guys are fucking prepared.
>>
>>29926964
I only like all the grass pokemon.

My team is gonna be 6 fucking grass types..

WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO GUYS!?
>>
File: quill me.jpg (10KB, 217x250px) Image search: [Google]
quill me.jpg
10KB, 217x250px
Huge blog post incoming about my blind nuzlocke run so far, and I really do mean HUGE. Don't bitch!

First of all, this is a blind nuzlocke. I do this shit with every pokemon game, since you only get 1 shot at a BLIND nuzlocke run, and they're fun as fuck.

Battle on Set and only 3 potions per encounter allowed. I used to disallow potions in battle altogether but that shit is too difficult, especially for a blind run.

Anyway, I was doing relatively good on my run, had a solid team and barely any casualties (Literally 2 to be exact, one being a Rattata and the other being a Fomantid, which I actually said to my friend who I was talking to earlier that I didn't really mind that Fomantid died since Lurantis is extremely sub par in terms of stats, despite me loving its design)

At this point in the game, I had successfully destroyed all totem pokemon fairly easily.
Totem Raticate got 1 shotted, Totem Wishiwash (which I was originally shit scared of) got 1 shotted due to a crit. May have dodged a bullet there. Totem Salazzle was interesting and almost managed to kill my Wishiwashi actually because I foolishly forgot to equip the Waterium Z, but in the end I came out of that fight unscathed too.

Now then, imagine my surprise when I get to the grass trial. History a weak type, usually very easy gyms no matter which gen they're from, and I already knew Lurantis was the totem pokemon, a pokemon that I've seen the stats of, and they're really nothing special. Quite bad actually.

But what could go wrong? I have Torracat equipped with the Fire Z stone, I have Trumbeak, I have Charjabug. 3 pokemon right there capable of dealing super effective damage. My other 3 pokemon are Wishiwashi (Who is a powerhouse which unfortunately can't really help out much against a grass trail), Alolan Persian and Alolan Diglett.

I'm going to cut to the chase, this Totem battle fucking ruined me. It can be brutal, and I know there's going to be somebody who says he 1 shotted it or something.
>>
>>29931487
well Salazzle is going to fucking shrek you for one.
>>
File: 12436547567568.png (110KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
12436547567568.png
110KB, 1000x1000px
>>29931540
So admittedly, I made a mistake right from the get go.
I vastly underestimated this thing, like even from before I even got to the trial I was tunnel vision on Wishiwashi in the rain being the main totem battle to watch out for.

I started the battle with Torracat and I won't lie, I expected to 1 shot this thing with my Z fire move and be done with it.
That never happened though.

Lurantis survived the Z move on 1/4 health, used Synthesis to heal almost to full and summoned a Castform to aid it.

This was already the beginning of the end for me, and I can tell you right now that the correct play would have more than likely have been to hold onto the Z move until I had done about half of its health in damage.

The castform hit hard. Really hard actually, I was surprised as fuck by its headbutt doing near enough half of my Torracats health.
I used one of my 3 potions here and got Torracat to full.

Next turn.
Lurantis uses Solar Blade, and lo and behold it was holding a Power Herb. Great. Even despite it being resisted, it still did 3/4 of my Torracat's health and the following Headbutt from Castform finished it off.

I then brought in my Trumbeak and started firing off Plucks (best flying move I had unfortunately).
Long story short, Lurantis spammed Synthesis every turn whilst Castform headbutted away, whittling me down.
I then was forced to use another potion, which got my Trumbeak to full, but that's when everything turned to shit even more.
Castform used fucking Sunny Day. Lurantis (who is still on full health at this point mind you) used Solar Blade again. And yet again combined with headbutt from castform my pokemon dies again.

I bring in Charjabug but unfortunately it doesn't accomplish much. Fucking Lurantis kept healing when I hit it so I shot off two hits on castform, bringing it in the red before Solar Blade + fucking Weather ball ended my Charjabug.
>>
>>29927398
Me three
>>
>get citra running
>game loads
>decide on litten and rowket for actual games
>autism will not allow me to have a make Primarina
>try to decide who I'll use in the pirated version
>decide to go rowket because I don't wanna reset for gender
>hold up owl
>Decide to give nickname later
>open menu
>Rowlet: female
>to soft reset it would mean sitting through a bunch of cut scenes again.
>turn off citra

Fuck it. I'll wait for the 18th.
>>
File: 1471474571056.jpg (55KB, 647x363px) Image search: [Google]
1471474571056.jpg
55KB, 647x363px
>>29931571
So now I'm down to 3 pokemon and Lurantis is STILL on full health.
Wonderful.

I brought Wishiwashi in because honestly, I was just resigned to game overing here at this point.
Wishiwashi did what the pokemon who were strong against Lurantis couldn't. It Survived a Solar Blade + headbutt combo somehow despite it being weak to it. Just goes to show how fucking ridiculous School forms stats are.

Anyway that effort unfortunately didn't amount to much because Lurantis just fired off another turn 1 Solar Blade while Wishiwashi was out of school form and put an end to it.

I then send out the pokemon who, along with Wishiwashi, has been my favorite pokemon of the journey, and it's a pokemon I hated before Sun and Moon came out. Alolan Persian (named him Pride).
Fake outted Lurantis and then used Screech, I mean I really didn't have anything else to do at that point. Unfortunately, castform threw the sun up that turn so I switched out into Diglett.

Diglett comes in and gets off a Bulldoze (absolutely crucial for the speed drop, because Lurantis' fucking totem aura boosts speed and it being fast as fuck has caused nothing but issues throughout) + sucker punch.
Diglett then dies to a Solar Blade,

Last pokemon, I bring in my Persian yet again.
Fake out Lurantis once again (if it gets a turn its over without a doubt). Castform headbutts doing 1/3 of my health.
Next turn.
Outspeed the fucker finally thanks to that bulldoze, bite, BOOM, flinch. Hooooooly shit that was so crucial. Castform hits again, does another third of my health. One more hit from anything is killing me.
Next turn, Bite, finish Lurantis off FINALLY (no, I couldn't use a potion here despite having 1 more use left, because anything Lurantis would do with that free turn would cause me to lose anyway, be it Synthesis or Solar Blade).
Castform hits and gets a low roll.
I simply bite once more next turn and pull out the fucking miracle victory.
>>
>>29931540
I encored it on growl and took potshots with cutiefly.
>>29931487
Get a watermove to nuke Salazzle with, using Hydro Vortex, else you are doomed.
>>
>>29931571

Mugged it's herb with a thief Grimer, ate that solar blade shit and it didn't even summon castform. Got a bird. Poisoned and it survived the battle underleveled/no exp share and didn't lose a single mon.

Ya gotta be tactical, man. Always mug the totem.
>>
And y'all were complaining about Pokemon being too easy. You reap what you sow and all that jazz.
>>
>>29931124
You gotta allow yourself one. With how limited our selection is this gen it's only fair.
>>
File: that's gay gary.png (62KB, 499x238px) Image search: [Google]
that's gay gary.png
62KB, 499x238px
Have to wait until Friday.
Get paid on Thursday.
Also, gonna pick up one of those New 3DS XLs.

But fuck I'm ready to play.
>>
>>29931590
Nice job anon.
>>
>>29929768
Will I be fucked if im playing mono water?
>>
>>29931634
I found this game just as easy as X/Y to nuzlocke, but I suppose the capacity for different play styles is what makes these games fun.

>>29931687

Anything you wanna use can work, it's not too difficult. You get thief early to boot.
>>
>>29931622
>it didn't even summon castform

The fuck?
>>
>>29931687
yup
>>
>>29929768
>"Grass Totem? This should be easy, Dartrix has x4 resistance and Pluck"
>summons Trumbeak which keeps killing Dartrix
>nobody else can stand up to Lurantis
>>
File: 1471282148555.png (235KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
1471282148555.png
235KB, 500x358px
>Send out Lycanroc on totem Mimikyu
>Use rock slide to kill the haunter and hit him at the same time
>It mimics my rock slide
>Summons Gengar
>Sweeps my entire team with rock slide, play rough and gengar helping it

Very embarrassing desu
>>
>>29930871
I used grimer and his raichu one shot my sdef+ one with electroball.
>>
>>29931729
Totems summon different pokemon depending on their HP levels
>>
File: y7vKKe.png (11KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
y7vKKe.png
11KB, 256x256px
>Fire Totem
>Was misinformed on when I could get my water pokemon in the game so I didn't have it yet
>Only pokemon that could hit her super effectively was digglet
>Figured digglet was a fast pokemon even if the alola form was a little slower than the kanto
>Salazzle is fast as fucking lightning and always ohkos him with flame burst
>Quick claw never procced for diglett
>Rest of my team is fire cat and cutiefly
>No trainers left to level my mons with
>Grinding either my current mons or a wishiwashi was taking too long
>8th try on the totem fight
>Quick claw proc
>Magnitude
>Magnitude 5
>Does fuck all to salazzle
>Keep trying to cheese it. At my wits end
>Quick Claw
>Magnitude
>Magnitude 9
>Crit
>OHKOs both of them

That was the hardest fucking fight in a non-romhack I've ever had. Mostly because of my own stupidity, but still. Felt so satisfying
>>
>>29926964
>Get to the ghost loli trial on the third island
>Figure it'll be a breeze lol
>Find Mimikyu
>Team is Primarina, Salazzle, A-Persian, Lurantis, Oricorio and a sacrificial sixth mon as I wanted Mimikyu to be my last one
>Expect Mimikyu to get a defence boost or something
>Nope, all stats baby
>Outspeeds everything I throw at it bar my Salazzle because my Mon aren't that much higher levelled than it
>Play rough fucks up my Persian
>Shadow Claw fucks up everything else
>My Mon keep getting put to sleep thanks to the Haunters it keeps summoning
>Manage to poison it once, only for my Salazzle to die because glass cannon
>Then it turns out Mimikyu has a berry that undoes status effects
>My team gets wiped twice
>Say fuck it, decide it's time to cheese
>Have to send out Salazzle, poision it, let Salazzle faint, revive it, use another mon to stall while I restore it's health, damage it once and have my Primarina carry with it's Z-Move
>End up with 2 Mon out of 6 because of those boosted attacks and bulk
>>
How the fuck does anyone lose a battle in Pokemon?
>>
>>29932194
blind nuzlocke?
I don't know. It's feels kinda weird hearing people having trouble with a mainline pokemon game after waiting through gen 6. Not that I'm complaining or anything.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.