[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone got any ideas what Guzzlord's inspirations are design

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 13

File: sad beast.png (97KB, 478x267px) Image search: [Google]
sad beast.png
97KB, 478x267px
Anyone got any ideas what Guzzlord's inspirations are design wise? I know that it's primarily based on an all-devouring glutton monster, but I am trying to figure out what the extra head is supposed to convey. The only explanation I can think of is that it's supposed to resemble some dude riding on the monster, but I am not entirely sure about that.
>>
>>29925456
It makes it look really fat.
>>
File: S5-elvis1.jpg (50KB, 594x444px) Image search: [Google]
S5-elvis1.jpg
50KB, 594x444px
I'M HUNGRY HOMBRE
>>
>>29925456
it's based on blue crabs with yellow mouthes
>>
the very hungry catterpilllar, but evil. designed by the same kid that did druddigon.
>>
i dunno but its design screams James Turner to me
>>
>>29925456
Your mom
>>
>it's a diabolical villain raising his arms to the sky in a fit of mania while his dragon mount attacks his enemies
I can see that.
>>
Honestly it looks like Perfect Zygarde Nightmare mode
>>
Hellmouth I think
or some other demon from Hell that has a big-ass mouth that serves to eat people/enter them to hell
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 220x141px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 220x141px
Reminds me of a Public Louse.
>>
>>29925456
You got it wrong. It only has one head. The "eyes" above its mouth are its nipples.
>>
>>29925456
ur mom
>>
For some reason I was just reminded of a Nucklavee.
>>
>>29925456
A 10 year old.
>>
File: sin a mon.jpg (85KB, 1001x398px) Image search: [Google]
sin a mon.jpg
85KB, 1001x398px
>>29925456
They're just the 7 deadly sins.
>>
>>29926239
>anger

Try wrath bud
>>
>>29926239
Sloth and Greed? I don't see it. Does thr Pokedex say anything?
>>
>>29926268
Same shit different name.
Implications are minor.
>>
>>29926274
I'm calling her sloth because she's massive and slow.
Greed because it was left over and I don't know shit about Origami.
>>
>>29926239
>>29926274
>>29926283
Jesus fuck how retarded are you? Never attempt to do anything like this again because you literally mixed up more than half of them you dumb cunt.

Let me sum it up for you without giving it away, hopefully you'll see your error:
Xurkitree is literally power-hungry
Nihilego does nothing but leech off a host
Celesteela is based off Princess Kaguya
Kartana is a virulent cutting machine
>>
File: SBSPTM_Anglerfish3.png (110KB, 592x320px) Image search: [Google]
SBSPTM_Anglerfish3.png
110KB, 592x320px
It reminds me of this
>>
>>29926348
Then I'll just switch them. Big whoop. No need to throw a tantrum about it.
>>
>>29926389
Mixing up 1 or 2 is fine but thinking Origami is fucking greed is dumb as shit. It's alright though, I see what you meant.

>>29926382
My first thought as well back when it was first leaked.
>>
>>29926428
Like I said. I didn't know shit about Origami.
>>
File: tongue-eating-louse1.jpg (89KB, 470x559px) Image search: [Google]
tongue-eating-louse1.jpg
89KB, 470x559px
>>29925456
Pic related, perhaps?
>>
Are we sure the seven deadly sins all fit? Some are a lot more obvious than others.
>>
>>29925496
Its the american women the pokemon
>>
>>29926449
Some sins are a bit more difficult to design than others.
But there's 7 of them and at least 3 are super obvious, so that's the theory I'll go with.
>>
>>29926442
It's more based on the Dex entries than anything. That being said if you haven't read Kartana's then it's hard to see it's wrath.

>>29926449
No. They very clearly fit. 3 of the 7 are obvious poster children for them, 1 makes sense because of it's design origins, another makes literal sense, and only the remaining one (Nihilego) is a stretch but even then not really if you know what you're talking about.
>>
>>29926459
Oh i see its because they're fat and greedy i know mine gonna br nicknamed now
>>
I think it draws some inspirations from black holes, considering how it devours everything and doesn't produce any waste. It would also fit with some of the other ultra beasts who seem to have some kind of space theme going on (Solgaleo and Lunala being the obvious ones. I think Buzzwole and Pheromosa have Mars and Venus theme going on, Celesteela resembles rockets, not sure about the others, would have to think about them some more)
>>
File: Untitlesd-2.jpg (124KB, 713x454px) Image search: [Google]
Untitlesd-2.jpg
124KB, 713x454px
To me all of the UBs remind me of these kind o Persona/SMT demonish-eldritch-mystical creatures. In fact, this one reminds me of Abaddon/Aciel being portrayed as gluttonous heads.
>>
>>29926278
>>29926239

Though anger is pretty different from wrath, saying Anger gets the point across and I don't really see anyone BTFO just because you used the wrong word.

Regardless I really like this idea desu.
Seems to fit too well.
>>
>>29925456
It looks like a fat Zygarde
>>
It's definetly got a solar system/electrons around an atom thing going on inside it's mouth
>>
>>29926584
fyi that interpretation is wrong though
>>
>>29925456
I honestly dont know. Maybe its based based off something from lovecraft
>>
>>29925496
what is this guy based off? if we know that we'll probably get our answer
>>
>>29926616
Which interpretation?

The Anger = Wrath which is obviously extremely wrong.

Or the 7 Deadly sins? Which I wouldn't doubt if it were wrong.
>>
>>29926651
the sins. Xurkitree is greed, Nihilego is sloth, Celesteela is envy, Kartana wrath
>>
>>29926670

Yeah, I read the other comments. Thankyou for providing an easy to look at fix for the list though. I was just saying the idea of the 7 deadly sins was an amazing idea.
>>
A crab, and "cancer" in latin, but less known as "karkinos" in greek, meaning crab, as in "a devouring animal", which is the whole concept of an "all-devouring glutton monster".

The concept of "lord" (or king, in the japanese name) is there to remind you that "nothing is above" it, when it comes to eating.
>>
>>29925906
What if the top set of eyes are there to act as some kind of fake head?
>>
>only UB I like is Guzzlord
>it's shit
>>
Literally Gommorah from Bayonetta
>>
>>29926816
It isn't though.
>>
leviathan
>>
>>29926348
Not really no.
Helps with some but what sin is Brosquito if pride and wrath are taken, and what sin is a kaguya?
>>
>>29926475
Best theory is space-theme imo
We got:
Wormhole
Star constellation
Black hole
Probe/Satellite
Shooting star/North star
Supernova/Red giant
Nebula
Vacuum
Sun
Moon
>>
>>29926945
Buzzwole is still pride, dip
>>
>>29926945
Brosquito is still pride.
Wrath is PaperCut
Kaguya is Envy because that's her whole character
Greed is power chord because it takes energy
And Jelly is sloth because she uses people and is a literal parasite.
>>
>>29925456
they all represent the meanings of the planets. ie mars is masculinity hence buzzswole is muscular. vnus is femininity and pheromosa is feminine. the planet celesteela is based on is the planet of dreams or something.
some tripfag in the lore thread made the whole list, try to find the screencap
>>
Someone suggested It's an all-devouring black hole.
>>
>>29926572
>no dungeon where you fight Guzzlord's heart
>>
It's obviously inspired by Lovecraft.
>>
They're planets not sins

Nihilego - Mercury
Pheromosa - Venus
Buzzwole - Mars
Xurkitree - Jupiter
Celesteela - Saturn
Kartana - Uranus
Guzzlord - Neptune
>>
>>29926239
Someone a few days ago said they're based on invasive species
>>
File: 1432742469407.png (19KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1432742469407.png
19KB, 500x500px
>>29928823
Pluto - Necrozma
>>
File: IMG_4830.jpg (1MB, 1592x887px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4830.jpg
1MB, 1592x887px
>>29925456
>>
>>29926239
>>29926348
>>29926991
>>29928823
>>29928985
Pokémon can be based on more than just one thing, you know
>>
some ppl said Ultra beasts got idea from Ultraman A's Choujyu(超獣 means super beast or ultra beast)
Choujyu is a creature stronger than ordinary Kaijyu,
and UB is a creature stronger than ordinary pokemon,
like Pokemon got inspired by Ultra Seven's capsule kaijyu
www.teechu.com/pokemon-history-story-origins
>>
File: monkfish.jpg (235KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
monkfish.jpg
235KB, 1024x683px
its a monkfish crab. There is a second set of teeth. Its also an ambush predator.
>>
>>29925456
AW YEAH MR. KRABS
>>
File: daimon.jpg (210KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
daimon.jpg
210KB, 1920x1080px
The head on top is the real head while the "belly head" is supposed to signify uncontrollable hunger. A hunger with a mind of its own so to say.
>>
>>29929145
god fucking damn it
>>
>>29925456
>ctrl+f combine harvester
>0 results
There you have it.
>>
Where do i get UB balls?
>>
>>29929145
>>29928823
Yeah, no, Guzzlord is Pluto.

Guzzlord is a kind of counterpart of Zygarde. In some cultures, the Earth is the of the solar system, Pluto is the furthest planet away from it, Zygarde and Guzzlord are both Dragon type, are HP monsters and have that weird mouth in their chest. Zygarde is life, order and the natural evolution, Pluto represent death, chaos, the forced change. At the same time, Zygarde's power (nature energy) is pretty similar to atomic energy, green, powerfull, hidden in the depth of earth, may cause weird evolution or the mutation known as megaevolution (remember ORAS when the nature energy which Groudon and Kyogre use to go to their primal forms created new megastones in Hoenn?), and Pluto also represent the atomic power, that's why its mouth have that pattern similar to configuration of an atom.
Also, Guzzlord design is based on Hala's, who shares his name with a glutton demon, "Hala" or "Ala".

>"An ala or hala (plural: ale or hali) is a female mythological creature recorded in the folklore of Bulgarians, Macedonians, and Serbs. Ale are considered demons of bad weather whose main purpose is to lead hail-producing thunderclouds in the direction of fields, vineyards, or orchards to destroy the crops, or loot and take them away. EXTREMELY VORACIOUS, ale particularly like to eat children, though their GLUTTONY is not limited to Earth. It is believed they sometimes try devouring the SUN or the MOON, causing ECLIPSES, and that it would mean the end of the world should they succeed."

>"The appearance of an ala is diversely and often vaguely described in folklore. A given ala may look like a BLACK wind, a GIGANTIC CREATURE of indistinct form, a HUGE-MOUTHED, humanlike, or snakelike monster, a female DRAGON, or a raven."

>"While ale are usually hostile towards humans, they do have other POWERFUL ENEMIES that can defeat them, like DRAGONS"."

-https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ala_(demon)
>>
>>29929145
>>29929745
Interesting stuff, though
>>
It's literally my mom's yogg-saron
>>
>>29929366
Like fma gluttony.
>>
>>29927009
Hmm.
Maybe they're combos.

Roach is lust/pride
Swole is pride/wrath
Jelly is envy/sloth.
Chord is gluttony/greed.

Seems like the best fit to me.
>>
File: 001_kahunah.png (182KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
001_kahunah.png
182KB, 500x500px
You guys are retarded. It's literally Hala.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.