[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could he possibly be usable for battle tree at least? Surely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 70 base speed why.png (280KB, 600x532px) Image search: [Google]
70 base speed why.png
280KB, 600x532px
Could he possibly be usable for battle tree at least?
Surely there's somewhere he can shine.
>>
>>29925111
Your Redditowl is useless anon, useless. A fucking ANCHOR is better than this shit heap.
>>
60 speed tiger
>>
>>29925133
>no recovery
Anchor is good, but Owl still has some advantages
>>
File: 1454516950012.jpg (48KB, 383x472px) Image search: [Google]
1454516950012.jpg
48KB, 383x472px
Its movepool is disgustingly good. Both SD and NP with stats to make use of them. A damaging trapping move which will outright kill what it can't trap due to being Ghost. Defog for hazard removal. A dual STAB that fucks most hazard setters. Priority in Sucker Punch if you really wanted to try sweeping. Reliable recovery in Synthesis to win wars of attrition.

And this is most important.

BP to pass its NP/SD when it's done removing hazard setters. I know you shitposters think it's going to be total trash due to its speed, but at base 70 that just means you can dump into HP instead making it better at dealing with hazard setters and allowing it more set up opportunities. The only thing it fails at is not being able to fit everything it wants to use onto a single set. If it's not OU it's BL.
>>
>>29925213
The denial is too much.
>>
>>29925213
I want to use Owl man of many arrows,

What set would you run?
>>
>>29925238
I picked Litten.
>>
>>29925213
Explain to me please how does his dual stab fuck up prominent setters such as Clefable or Ferro ?
>>
>>29925213
It's never sweeping with non-stab sucker punch.
>>
>>29925264
Not that anon, but doesn't Ghost-type now get free damage on Steels?

Owl can literally just fuck it up by forcing it to stay in battle and just kill it. Then it can defog any entry hazards set-up.

As for Clefable, I have no fucking clue other than forcing it to stay.
>>
>>29925264
It just wins eventually against ferro since ferro ain't got its seeds on it and its gyro ball does fuckall, let alone power whip.

>>29925337
Forcing clefable to stay is a very bad not good idea.
>>
>>29925351
It will most likely get destroyed by the Clefable, so I agree with you on it being a terrible idea.

But I think forcing most other Baton Passers existent in the game makes Owl worthy of being useful in the competitive scene.
>>
>>29925369
There are better pokemon that can fill all its niches though.
>>
>>29925337
> what is switching
It's slow and got, by today's standards mediocre offenses at best. It's not going to be good.
>>
>>29925264
Clefable is a cunt as always and has ways to adapt, but if it's running Magic Guard it just watches as Decidueye boosts up in front of it. All it can do is hope for parahax. Of course it can adapt by running Unaware and it wins. But that's the problem with Clefable. It's a total cunt. As for Ferro it can't really do much back to it. Can't set up seeds, can't do substantial damage with Gyro Ball, can't do anything with Power Whip. It's be forced to run Twave or Knock Off which it really doesn't want to do. Ghost isn't resisted by steel anymore.

Though honestly looking at all the prominent rockers right now, most of them in OU can play around it. I might be putting way too much stock in the pre-bank meta reducing the amount of setters. I've only played UU for about a year now so I might have clouded judgement on how it will do in OU.

>>29925296
I didn't really want to mention Sucker Punch since it's really not going to do anything with it which is why I said "if you really want to try sweeping". It's more just to highlight how fucking massive its movepool is.

>>29925243
I'm thinking Lefties with Adamant 252 HP/252 Atk or moving HP into enough speed for relevant creeps.

Spirit Shackle
Swords Dance
Baton Pass
Synthesis

I want to slash shit but this is just the first thing that pops into my head and I can't think of where to slash what.
>>
>>29925213
Togekiss already exists, so do Mew and Celebi.
>>
None of them will be OU, not because they don't make it by gen 6 standard but because the power creep that UBs, tapus and things like darkrai, genesect, aegislash, mega mawile etc will be sticking around for a while.
UU is the new OU.
>>
>>29925412
Actually looking at that, on second thought it's just a worse Celebi that can fuck around with trapping. Defog will have to fit on there somewhere.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.