[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

She now has Boomburst. Is she viable? >she has etc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

File: 1478933539325.png (442KB, 1280x1812px) Image search: [Google]
1478933539325.png
442KB, 1280x1812px
She now has Boomburst.
Is she viable?

>she
has etc
>>
>>29924655
No... it's Sylveon with a weakness to fucking electric.
>>
>>29924672
care to explain your reasoning friendo
>>
>>29924655
The only thing that could make her viable is Recover. As long as she doesn't have that she's NU trash.
>>
>>29924686
He's Sylveon but weak to thunderbolt.
>>
>>29924672
>and fire/ice/water resistance, no steel weakness, second STAB, wider movepool

He's already the most viable of the three starters
>>
>>29924712
>>29924718
>he
lol!
>>
Yes. STAB Boomburst off 120 SpAtk....
>>
>>29924672
>implying electric weakness matters
Water is like the third best typing in the game behind Steel and Fairy, the latter of which Primarina has. Grass and Electric aren't good attacking types, especially on the physical side. Also Sylveon is one of the best gluemons in UU, having the highest usage in the tier at high levels.
>>
>>29924718
Not true... Incineroar holds that title given it has good bulk, high attack, intimidate, and throat chop.
>>
>>29924712
>>29924672
Isn't STAB boomburst stronger than whatever the shit normal pixiliate sylveon has? hyper voice ?
>>
>>29924774

Yes.
>>
>>29924774
It doesn't actually have Boom Burst.
And liquid voice doesn't give the +30% extra.
>>
>>29924765
>good bulk
>fire/dark
Pick one and only one
>>
>>29924789

Does the +30 matter with STAB Boomburst?
>>
>>29924789
It's a what if scenario.
>>
>>29924792
Base 95 HP and 90s in his defenses means good bulk.
He also resists 6 types, is immune to psychic, and is only weak to 4 types.
>>
File: 1477605944790.png (2MB, 1624x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1477605944790.png
2MB, 1624x1365px
Make a set for Primarina that includes Boomburst. Now I'm curious.

I assume Moonblast is in there but not sure about the rest. Assault vest or life orb? Modest nature is a given. Hydro pump is useless now with burst
>>
>>29924810
STAB ate HV has 117 power with the 30%.
They're pretty much the same.
>>
>>29924655
Still needs Calm Mind and a recovery. And like Boomburst, those are things it will never get because GF probably thinks they'd make it 'overpowered'. And by overpowered I mean useful, something they clearly didn't want considering that they gave it a nerfed Surf and a nerfed Pixilate.
>>
>>29924792
95/90/90 with Intimidate is bulky.

Fire/Dark has some key resists, specifically to Dark, Fire, Ghost, Ice, and a Psychic immunity. You probably think it's a shit typing because the only mon with the typing is Houndoom. Incineroar won't be OU, but it will be a decent gluemon in UU.
>>
>>29924839
>>29924810
>>29924789
What 30% is this? I thought liquid voice just makes sound based moves water type so Primarina gets a STAB off them. Where does the 30% come from? boomburst should be superior to HV ?
>>
>>29924845
Nah. just Calm Mind would have worked. Crorina would have been phenomenal.
>>
>>29924864

The +30 is for Pixilate.
>>
>>29924892
Oh I'm dumb, nvm. Thought you were comparing Primarina with boomburst to her without it
>>
>>29924875
No, Serene Grace Primarina would have been phenomenal. Unfortunately it's HA is near useless unless they give it the -ate boost in the future, which won't happen. I'm still trying to figure out why they would even give it that ability unless they wanted it to be useless.
>>
Is there any reliable way to pass a nasty plot +2 to Primarina? I haven't fucked around with pass shenanigans in ages, dunno if that stuff is even a thing anymore
>>
>>29924908
>they give it the -ate boost in the future
wut
>>
>>29924935
The boost that Pixilate and every other ability that converts a type of attack to another gets, otherwise known as the part that actually makes them useful.
>>
>>29924908
It's to reduce the power of enemy sound based moves by removing enemy STAB and making it a resisted hit on Primarina itself. It basically counters special -ate users such as Mega Gardevoir and Mega Salamence if that thing goes special in VGC.

It's not a good ability by any means but it's 100% useless. 95% useless.
>>
File: 1478575896847.png (189KB, 356x415px) Image search: [Google]
1478575896847.png
189KB, 356x415px
>>29924908
>>29924971
>boomburst primarina with proper 30% LV HA

her face when
>>
>>29924978
Wait, are you implying that it effects the opponents sound-based moves and not just Primarina's? Because I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that.
>>
>>29925018
Confirmed that it's not how it works. I though it did since the wording was poor. It said all sound based moves become water. You'd think using the word all would mean something important when it would have been exactly the same had they just omitted the word, but this is the same gen where we thought they nerfed Unaware due to fucked wording.
>>
>>29924738
>implying male isn't superior
>>
The STAB booster abilites only give 20%, and Normalize was given the boost as well. I don't know why Liquid Voice wasn't given the boost.
>>
>>29924672
There aren't many physical electric moves so Primarina can tank it.
>>
>>29925107
she can tank THIS
>>
File: 115Kangaskhan-Mega[1].png (903KB, 1032x1032px) Image search: [Google]
115Kangaskhan-Mega[1].png
903KB, 1032x1032px
>>29924774
Yes, especially if that reported multiplier nerf to -ate abilities actually holds any water.

Regardless, I will speak as a player experienced with alternative metagames, like Balanced Hackmons; allowing a Pokémon to make Boomburst a type that isn't Normal, like Prismarina could do with Liquid Voice, is a VERY easy way to break any Pokémon, ESPECIALLY if said Pokémon gains STAB on it as a result. Keep in mind, sound moves go through substitutes; so assuming Liquid Voice doesn't change this (like some have alleged), you have a STAB 140 BP move that's changed from Normal to a type that actually has some decent neutral coverage; the only things that would really stop a Prismarina with that much power are Water Absorb, Storm Drain, and Dry Skin. It could then run HP Grass, Moonblast, and maybe Ice Beam for coverage. It might not be broken in the regards that it would be capable of taking down a whole team by itself with one move; however, it would be almost guaranteed to take at least one Pokémon down before it went down itself, given even moderately intelligent play of its one viable set.

So essentially, Prismarina would become this kind of broken.
>>
>>29925169
So what do you suggest then? Because as it is Liquid Voice has no purpose beyond going through subs, thus making it far more situational than it should be. Maybe it doesn't need Boomburst but it definitely needs some kind of buff.
>>
File: 1477615070371.jpg (420KB, 969x532px) Image search: [Google]
1477615070371.jpg
420KB, 969x532px
>>29925169
>Implying I'm not going to choice specs HP/Sp.atk that bad ass pu$$y seal and dick pound every pokemon's fart box with a hacked in boomburst
>>
>>29925169
But would it? It's still really slow and physically weak.
>>
>>29925169
random question, but is there any way to "un disadvantage" (wow idk how else to say this) moves that would normally resist water?
in other words... any way for Primarina to attack with water against a water mon, but have it be neutral damage and not "not very effective" ?

a move from another mon that they can set up maybe? an item? setting up a gimmicky team with trick room just for a Primarina sweep. Not for serious competitive obviously, just gimmick fun shit vs friends, but I want to try and make her work and can't have shit resisting boom burst
>>
>>29925226
Do you really not understand how good Primarina is, even just with Torrent, Scald, and Surf/Hydro Pump?

Its typing is insanely good. It defenses are boosted by the fact that it resists a third of the type chart. It has Scald. It has base 126 Special Attack and Moonblast. It has special bulk.

Don't listen to the people that are saying it's shit. Primarina is solid OU material, the only thing that could shake that is competition from Tapu Fini, and even that's not strictly better.
>>
>>29925315
OU material is stretching really far and you know it. It will be UU at best, and even then it has to compete with the likes of Milotic, which is pretty much better where it counts.
>>
>>29925315
And then Toxicroak/Mega-Beedrill one shots it.
>>
>>29925189
As others suggested, Liquid Voice gaining the "-ate/-ize" 20% boost would be a great boon to Liquid Voice's use, as the "-ate/-ize" abilities already are. I feel it only needed some form of non-Rest recovery; this is why I hope Gamefreak eventually decides it'd be a good idea to tutor Slack Off to some Pokémon who need a Recover clone, but lack flavor reasoning to get any of the others. Pokémon like Snorlax, Ampharos, and Prismarina could gain so much from that... I'm full of ideas like that, actually; though I presume we all are here.

>>29925214
Not using Assault Vest? Ballsy, very ballsy~...

>>29925275
Not really... the only thing currently in the game that would even remotely work like that is if Prismarina somehow got Tinted Lens, or a flavored facsimile thereof; or perhaps that newfangled "Water Bubble" ability that apparently makes Water-type attacks straight-up do double damage... because that's not broken...
>>
>>29925315
>Tapu Fini
>Not better in literally every sense
How? I cannot think of a single thing Primarina does that Fini cannot do but better.
>>
>>29924655
>>she
>has etc
a big butt
>>
>>29925361
>or perhaps that newfangled "Water Bubble" ability that apparently makes Water-type attacks straight-up do double damage
It's really jarring when some pokemon like Primarina get shit all for an ability while others win the jackpot like that. Kind of destroyes the argument that GF is afraid of making things 'overpowered'.
>>
>>29925379
actually burning things for a start
>>
>>29924655
They won't give it boomburst
Yelling like that can hurt a singers throat

Its viable in UU thats a fact
>>
>>29925107
Primarina won't be tanking shit with that low hp
>>
>>29925464
Like venusaur right
>>
>>29925379
Tapu Fini hits like a wet noodle compared to to Primarina. It also can't burn.
>>
>>29925454
>Yelling like that can hurt a singers throat

That... makes sense, actually. Good thinking, anon.
>>
>>29924655
No,
>still slow as shit
>low hp
>grass and electric aren't it's only weaknesses
>one move can't make a pokemon viable
Inb4 brave bird talonflame.
He was only good cause he also had good support move in swords dance and priority roost. Not to mention u turn and flare blitz.
Primarina won't be going far
>>
>>29925506
Ok then.

>take points out of it's attack and special attack and put them into it's HP and defense
>give it Calm Mind and a decent recovery
>give it a new HA
>change how it's signature move works
Is it half-decent now?
>>
>>29925379

Fini has MUCH lower Special Attack. It can't spam Scald to fish for burns on stuff like Ferrothorn and Amoonguss.

Primarina can use a bulky Specs set to great effect. Think of it as a hybrid of Keldeo and Sylveon.

You know how Azumarill is an effective Choice Bander, despite being slow as molasses?
>>
>>29925506
>slow as shit
Like it matters on a defensive Pokémon
>Bad Hp
76 base is not bad Dusknoir has bad HP
>electric and grass are not its only weakness
Yes thats right is also weak to poison another easily manageable type
>One move can't make it viable
Talonflame wasn't move dependant it was based on its ability
And yes it can once weavile got ice crash in oras it was way better
Mega gyarados got way more use after crunch
Flygon and mantine will be used way more with there new moves
>>
>>29925577
>76 base is not bad Dusknoir has bad HP
It's actually 80 base, but regardless it certainly isn't good when the pokemon has low defense and no recovery.
>>
>>29925577
Wait what move did mantine get?
>>
>>29925654
Roost, and base 65 HP > 85.

It's actually good now.
>>
>>29925654
Roost and +20 base HP.
>>
>>29925575
Azumarill is an effective Choice Bander because it has access to Aqua Jet. Even if it never uses or even has Aqua Jet, the threat of it is always there for the opponent until you reveal all 4 moves.
>>
It'll be a solid UU pick, but it'll get destroyed in OU by all the faster, more powerful threats everywhere, and it really doesn't have the bulk to effectively stall things out.

Kartana/Celesteela/Xurkitree shit all over it, Aegislash walls it, and then there's the Tapus just fucking around with it.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.