[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what the fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 12

File: wat.png (383KB, 591x352px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
383KB, 591x352px
what the fuck
>>
File: pokemon scaling.png (2MB, 1056x1300px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon scaling.png
2MB, 1056x1300px
At least it's better than in gen 6
>>
>>29921812

EXTRA LARGE lol.
>>
3D was a mistake.
>>
>>29921851
It's actually worse tho
>>
>>
>>29921812
Do you want your 3DS to blow up?
>>
File: open wide.jpg (32KB, 500x240px) Image search: [Google]
open wide.jpg
32KB, 500x240px
>>
File: wailord.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
wailord.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
fat pokemon thread?
>>
>>29921883
I don't want pokemon on a console with less power than a phone and less resolution than a decade old sony handheld.
>>
>>29921869
Jolteon is smaller than a person and the Wailord in gen 6 is barely bigger than Jolteon.
Still it's really hard to draw comparisons but at least to me it seems better in gen 7.
>>
>>29921883
Did you post this word for word in an old warlord thread?
>>
>>29921895
I miss PBR...
Why did people have to hate it so hard that we would never get another game like it to supplement the main games?
>>
>>
>>29921978
I think the lack of Rental Pokemon (as in a free selection of almost every Pokemon) and no Gym Leader tower put off a lot of people. I enjoyed them a lot though, best way to battle online during Gen 4 without a doubt.
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 246x205px
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>
File: wailum.png (197KB, 500x302px) Image search: [Google]
wailum.png
197KB, 500x302px
>>
File: (PAIN).png (76KB, 1223x675px) Image search: [Google]
(PAIN).png
76KB, 1223x675px
>>29921895
>tfw you missed out on this game
is there any ways to use a DS rom with the Dolphin? I remember that P64 let you do it with the Transfer Pak.
>>
If we convert wailord's weight of 877.4 lbs into newtons (metric unit of force) we get 3904.43 newtons. Now, weight = mass x force of gravity, gravity is about 9.8, so we find that wailord has a mass of 398.4 kilograms.

I didn't bother trying to estimate the volume of a wailord, instead I decided to find out the volume of air that has the same mass as a wailord. I looked up the density of air, and found that at sea level it has an approximate density of 1.2 kg per cubic meter. density = mass over volume, so the volume of air with that mass ends up being about 332 cubic meters, converting that to cubic feet and we get 11,717.65 cubic feet. If a wailord has less volume, then he's more dense, otherwise we've somehow proven that something that doesn't fall towards the ground has a positive weight.

Well, we know the length of a wailord, so if we divide by that we get the area of the other 2 dimensions, which is about 246.3 square feet. This means that on average a cross section of a wailord would be less than 246.3 square feet (in order for it to be heavier than air).

So now let's do some approximations. From the only 3 dimensional images I've seen of wailord (being the gamecube games), I would say that his width is about 1 quarter to 1 third his length, let's take the larger one, and say he's one third as wide as long, so he's about 16 feet wide. And I'll say he's half as tall as wide, so that's 8 feet. So on average his cross sections are about 128 square feet, which is just over half that of the cylinder of air.

So in summation, a volume of air with the same mass as wailord is 11,717.65 cubic feet, whereas I figure a wailord has an approximate volume of around 6100 cubic feet. So he is clearly heavier than air.
>>
File: 1455552862418.gif (987KB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
1455552862418.gif
987KB, 500x255px
>>29922270
>So he is clearly heavier than air.
Good work anon
>>
>>29922270
>so if we divide by that we get the area of the other 2 dimensions
It isn't an oblong though.
>>
>>29921812
It gets worse. Wailmer is bigger than Wailord.
>>
Why are there actual retards who think that the size of the model would effect the performance.

The model's are already so ridiculously high poly that you could scale wailord up as big as you wanted and the jaggies would still not be visible. Increasing the size of the model has NO effect on performance, only increasing the number of polygons or increasing the resolution of the texture.

The reason Wailord is so small is because there is a set distance between the two pokemon on the field, and if wailord was the proper size, due to it's length, it would clip into the trainer or the pokemon it's facing.
>>
>>29922180
ATM nope. You would need a legit Wii + DS, though you could ROM on both of them ( Any gen4 game via your choice of cart + ISO for the game on the Wii ) and do it that way. Sadly that's the only way.
>>
>>29921812
GIANT WAILDONG
>>
>>29922657
It'd also be hard to actually see anything that isn't Wailord from how much the camera would have to move back. The 3DS screen is smaller than a TV playing a GCN/Wii game.
>>
>>29922657
It WOULD be possible though, wouldn't it?

Just have it float higher than usual, keep the camera in the same place, and have zoomed-out shots during idle.

I feel like only being able to see its lower lip and chin most of the time would be alright. Makes it really seem like a giant.
>>
>>29922657
>ridiculously high poly
No. Simply no. They're better than the usual 3ds models, but they're actually pretty shit.
>>
File: VolcanionWire3_zps74db405a.png (41KB, 711x549px) Image search: [Google]
VolcanionWire3_zps74db405a.png
41KB, 711x549px
>>29923456
Im wondering why the fuck they need this many polys when they look average at best anyway.
>>
>>29921812
What the fuck? Oh my God please no
>>
>>29923492
It's VERY obvious if you spend all of 5 seconds looking.
It's because they are mimicking the 3 shading ordeal the sprites have between dark/mid/light tones of lighting. Though they want it smooth, and as such, use high poly's to allow for that kinda 'pixel' grain look towards it.

>>29922043
It's SUPER obvious in this image that it's being done JUST to obtain that visual effect.
>>
>>29922180
Don't bother, the game was just a means of having online battles with improved graphics. The in-game stuff is utter garbage and almost nothing like Stadium or the GC games.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.