[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So many people have a problem with Toucannon, I do, I like it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

File: 627.png (11KB, 199x183px) Image search: [Google]
627.png
11KB, 199x183px
So many people have a problem with Toucannon, I do, I like it's design but it should've been it's own Pokemon or evolution line and Pikipek should've kept with the woodpecker theme.

Yes, we get it, Woodpeckers and Toucans are both Piciformes, but kids aren't zoologists, they're not going to understand that, they're just going to see a Woodpecker turning into a Toucan and not get it.

I edited Toucannon's dex model to keep some of Pikipeks features and colors, just so it looks more like an evolution of it, Gamefreak should've kept with the details and extended on them, I kept a hair quiff on it, changed it's blue feet back to Pikipeks grey and made it's beak the opposite of what a Toucan's is, from fragile to hard as Steel.
I think more people would be more accepting of it if they actually made it look more like an evolution.

I know I'm gonna get 'fag', 'kys' and a bunch of shitposting from the depressed 12 year olds on here, but I don't care, there are some people on this board who are capable of proper discussion.
>>
they can handle a fish turning into an octopus they can handle a bird turning into a bigger bird shut the fuck up
>>
>>29920945
Correction, they can't handle a bird turning into literally my mom's pet
>>
I just love how pissed off it is at the world.
>>
>>29920933
It looks so much better in-game than the dex sprite. I almost want to use one now, but it wouldn't fit into my team.
>>
LITERALLY my mom's toucan
>>
>>29920945

And there goes the immature cunt.

Remoraid and Octillery were stupid too but they're both clearly based on a gun and a cannon, things which kids can recognize, they don't know what fucking piciforms are.
>>
I would like it more if it was the farfetch'd of the gen.
but is disappointing as an evoluiton
>>
>>29920933
Why should it matter that kids "understand" what Pokémon evolve from and into? It makes no difference.

Not to mention most Pokémon birds evolve into different kinds of birds anyway. It would be weirder if Toucannon stayed a woodpecker judging by previous Pokémon.
>>
>>29920933
It's still a PU shitmon with a shitty typing but at least I can appreciate it more because of how fucking angry it looks. Gives him a little charm. Still literally mom's toucan though.
>>
>>29921033
I have a hunch they might know what birds are OP.
>>
>>29921033
I can confirm that I have never seen a bird until I was 18
>>
>>29920933
Spearow turning into Fearow is ok but not Pikipek > Trumbeak > Toucannon ???
>>
>>29921046

What?
Pikipek looks nothing like Toucannon, while the other regional birds do look like a evolution line.
>>
>>29921033
Remoraid looks nothing like a gun you autist
>>
>>29921092

They're not the main regional birds.
Pidgey - Pidgeotto - Pidgeot are.

>>29921059
Well fucking duh!, but they don't know that a Woodpecker and a Toucan are piciforms and that's what connects them.
>>
>>29921186
who fucking cares
>>
File: index.jpg (13KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
13KB, 190x265px
>>29921172

They are. Do some fucking research.
>>
OP here.
I regret making this post...why is everyone on this board so rude?
>>
>>29921211
>kym
Kys
>>
>>29921254

"Look at me, I use /vp/ slang, I'm so cool"
Please leave.
>>
>>29921186
And none of those are pigeons either. You don't think kids would be confused at that? I heard people getting pissy at Pidove existing when we already had Pidgey, despite it not being a pigeon. Also Pidove becomes a pheasant and that's ok too?
>>
If Pikipek evolved into another woodpecker, it would break the pattern of every regional bird changing into a different type of bird when it evolves. It was 90% bound to happen that the woodpecker would not stay. I also blame Trumbeak for not connecting Pikipek and Toucannon enough. People seem to forget the middle evo is what ties a three evo line together...
>>
>>29921354
>every regional bird changing into a different type of bird when it evolves
Explain
>>
>>29921211
It just a remora m8.
I mean sure, the resemblance is there, but with a source to verify, seems pretty dumb to me.
>>
>>29921395
Sry, it's a little hard to explain. Just think of it like this
A dove (pidove) ends up turning into a feazant (unfeazant) to completely different birds. This happens every single generation. A certain type of bird, turns into a different certain type of bird.
>>
>Pidove line goes from a dove to a pheasant
>Pidgey line goes from a pidgeon to a bird of prey
>Spearow line goes from sparrow to vulture or heron
>Wingul line goes from a seagull to a pelican
>Starly line goes from a starling to a harpy
>Fletching goes from robin to a falcon
You are now aware that Swellow and Noctowl are the only starting birds that don't change species upon evolution.
>>
>>29921519
What about Pidgey
>>
>>29921562
Swellow and Noctowl are also the aesthetically superior birds. Coincidence?
>>
>>29920945
> implying anyone actually likes the Octillery line
>>
File: 1.gif (1018KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
1018KB, 250x251px
>>29921059
>>
File: 2.gif (998KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
2.gif
998KB, 250x251px
>>29923871
>>
>>29921562
>implying owls are birds
>>
>>29921172
>Remoraid looks nothing like a gun
Retard
>>
>>29920945
The problem with that is that we have loads of fish pokemon so losing one doesn't matter. It's not the absurdity of the evolution, it's that people wanted a fully evolved woodpecker and they got something else. Now it'd be surprising to ever see a woodpecker again.
>>
>>29921562
yes but they still keep traits from their prior evolutions and you can easily tell theyre part of the same line.
>>
>>29924121
So does Pikipek's line
>>
>>29921091
the true basement dweller
>>
>>29924135
except it doesnt though. the only think toucannon has in common with pikipek is the black and white feathers, their middle evolution though still looks enough like like pikipek but not enough like toucannon to even make a connection between them
>>
File: pikapek_plush_underside.jpg (308KB, 800x760px) Image search: [Google]
pikapek_plush_underside.jpg
308KB, 800x760px
father
>>
>>29921033
I know thisis what they're based on, but stop acting like Remoraid and Octillery are so obviously related because of it, kids aren't going to notice it, both of them just mostly look like stylized animals.
>>
>>29920933
>Hurr durr Toucannon is to complex for kids
fag
kys
>>
File: 1476715110134.jpg (97KB, 520x600px) Image search: [Google]
1476715110134.jpg
97KB, 520x600px
>>29924193
im so fucking pissed the blue thig is his angry looking eye and not the black circle on his beak
its how i first saw it and wouldve been way more interesting
>>
File: 1477109755919.jpg (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1477109755919.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
>>29921211
I always saw remoraid as looking a bit like a gun but I never noticed the striped on its body resemble a revolvers barrel and the horn on top is the sight until now.
>>
>>29921211
The pelvic fin doesn't resemble a trigger.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.