[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The first Sun/Moon reviews drop in 12 hours

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 10

File: GameXplainBanner.jpg (48KB, 851x315px) Image search: [Google]
GameXplainBanner.jpg
48KB, 851x315px
https://twitter.com/BitnerdGX/status/798347439933636614

According to GameXplain. The embargo guidelines are apparently tight as all hell, explains why most major reviewers have been silent about their review copy and not uploading any footage (not that it matters, shit leaked anyway)

Predictions on review scores?
>>
80-85 Metacritic final score. Reviewers basically don't care for portable games one way or another, anyway.
>>
>>29917266
I'd say at least 8.5, with the negatives involving stuff like cutscenes you have to follow.
>>
7.5-8.5 average, reviews mostly decrying linearity and constant interruptions.
>>
>>29917315
80-85 is what most 3DS JRPGs get. Fates and Awakening are the only exceptions.
>>
85~90 for Sun

75~85 for Moon
>>
I'm guessing 90-95
>>
>>29917266
I predict a metacritic score of 85.
>>
>>29917346
The fact that Awakening has such a high metacritic score boils my blood. And then again with Fates being user score bombed by butthurt faggots and the critics rating Revelation the best out of the three.
>>
>>29917266
Predicting metacritic score in the low 80's.
GameXplain will suck GF's dick though. Not only are they nintendrones but SM has been their main source of income for like half a year.
>>
>>29917266
So 9am EST?

What a weird time. Whats with TPCi and putting shit up at 9am or noon?
>>
>>29917266
I'm expecting a metacritic score in the low 90s. Reviewers will be wowed by the new bells and whistles along with the gen 1 pandering.
>>
>>29917541
>Awakening - 92

The definitive moment that the Fire Emblem series was ruined and turned into waifushit forever.
>>
File: 1350911526034.jpg (59KB, 331x319px) Image search: [Google]
1350911526034.jpg
59KB, 331x319px
>>29917405
>>
It will inexplicably get a lower score than XY/ORAS despite being better than both
>>
>>29917583
Isn't that like midnight japan?
>>
File: Lute.png (231KB, 340x637px) Image search: [Google]
Lute.png
231KB, 340x637px
>>29917619
Wasn't it always waifushit?

posting cutest emblem btw
>>
6/10
pacing is shit, the majority of the game is spent on area/battle transitory screens, 90% of trainers have only one shitmon, post game is severely lacking, alolan forms and ultra beasts were poorly realised concepts and the framerate drops are fucking unacceptable
>>
>>29917555
I never get this; their reviews seem fair to be. They give "meh's" out pretty frequently (especially andre)
>>
I predict a metacritic final score that's between 85 and 90.
>>
>>29917632
Several reviewers will dock several points for "the glitched day/night cycle".

>>29917689
There's a difference between having a lot of "waifu material" and having the main draw of the game being its capacity for a shipping simulator with every relationship between a boy and girl ending in marriage and a baby, as well as having a player self-insert who can marry even the untouchables with a special first person confessional scene.

>>29917750
>forgetting Y is the highest rated Pokemon game on Metacritic
>>
>>29917673
11 PM
>>
File: 1421547903864.png (597KB, 644x629px) Image search: [Google]
1421547903864.png
597KB, 644x629px
>>29917689
No, it wasn't. People look back on the older games with eyes tainted by the waifushit in the newer games without realizing they weren't made for that kind of shit. Self inserts weren't a full feature until FE12. Marriage in FE4 was about shipping, not claiming your waifu. Supports were the beginning of the end, and when they were diminished in FE10 faggots lost their minds even though the new system was phenomenal from a gameplay standpoint.

Honestly I want the waifufags to hang.

>>29917750
You seem to think reviewers care about anything other than superficiality.
>>
>>29917266
Idk. Are good reviews still pay for play?
ie, big companies can buy ad revenue for the site and pressure a higher score
>>
I'm assuming that they'll get around 8-8.5 from most reviewers.

Hardcore fans are going to be less happy with the games just because of a lot of removed features.
>>
File: tumblr_o4iv3g8nbj1vnki5ao2_1280.png (942KB, 800x964px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4iv3g8nbj1vnki5ao2_1280.png
942KB, 800x964px
>>29917850
Just wait until it's a shipping simulator where you can pair boys with boys and girls with girls

(actually, I want that so fucking much)
>>
>>29917850
I honestly don't doubt it.
>>
>>29917850
I feel like I wouldn't mind if it was a "waifu simulator" if the characters and storylines were actually decently written and the games were less handholdy like they used to be (I have to play on Lunatic or Lunatic+ to get any semblance of difficulty from them)
>>
Why isn't necrozma appearing in the 10 carat hill grass right outside the entrance, even with a repel? For the UBs it worked just fine.
>>
>>29918024
Kill yourself any time.
>>
>>29918312
Never mind. I'm retarded.
>>
I feel like the game is gonna get 15 points minus for the frame rate since most reviewers don't care so much about the story but more about the visuals
>>
File: metacritic.jpg (93KB, 387x599px) Image search: [Google]
metacritic.jpg
93KB, 387x599px
Reminder that Y has the best rating on Metacritic.
>>
>>29917619
Nah, Fates was the true turning point. And the less said about mirage sessions the better.
>>
>>29919837
Nah man Fates did a small bit to correct the course. The gameplay refinements made Conquest actually pretty great. The story, tone, characterization, and shipping shit was still terrible but the gameplay was really fucking good. Heroes of Light and Shadow was when we spotted the mole, Awakening was the diagnosis, and Fates was the start of chemotherapy. We might see remission eventually.
>>
>>29919598
Because Team Flare's motivations make more sense with Yvetal than with Xerneas.
>>
>reviewers will probably praise the change away form gyms just because it's different, even though it's worse in essentially every way
kill me now
>>
>>29919837
What's wrong with TMS#FE?
>>
>>29920054
(you)
>>
>>29920054
Nah totems are great, and most of them are more challenging than gyms have been recently.
>>
>>29920198
It's a Persona wannabe with idols featuring only Akaneia and Awakening characters. It's clear the team making it knew jack shit about Fire Emblem and studied it by playing only the lowest hanging fruit, Mystery of the Emblem and Awakening.
>>
>reviewers are on tight as fuck embargos compared to any other Nintendo release, they literally can't upload any pre-release footage that isn't their review, or any spoilers or pre-release streams
>pirates/leakbros can do whatever they want
>>
>>29918002
Not even just removed features, the experience is very linear, more so than bw, battle performances are subpar, and there's little in the way if exploration. Sm feel like a point and click game rather than an open RPG. I foresee sm becoming the most divisive games in the series.
>>
>>29917266
i hope it gets a middling score

despite all of the improvements gamefreak still manages to fuck up what could have been a fun game with forced tutorials and unskippable cutscenes
>>
>>29917541
They're both shit anon, but you can't beat the perfection of 3 & 4.
>>
>>29921977
>more so than BW

gonna have to disagree here. the islands open up with optional after you finish each grand trial, it's still linear up until you reach those points, but its still far better than Unova's straight line.

People are gonna be more bothered by how the NPCs stop you for inane shit as often as possible.
>>
>>29923313
Okay FE3 being top tier is a patrician opinion but FE4 is most certainly not perfection. It's ambitious and beautiful mess but it's still a mess. FE5 on the other hand is like FE3 but better in every way.

But then again I'm the type of faggot who unironically thinks FE10 is tied with FE5 for best game in the series so what the fuck do I know. I also think Conquest is redeemable due to its gameplay alone.
>>
>>29917266
>Waiting on a GameLisplain review
>>
People who have been playing the game early, what would you honestly rate it out of 10?
>>
File: 1436293788658.jpg (28KB, 386x338px) Image search: [Google]
1436293788658.jpg
28KB, 386x338px
>>29917266
>GameMansplain
>>
>>29923424
>>
>>29923424
8/10/Maybe 9 at a push.
Its a great game,except the constant railroaded cutscenes take you out of the action and the wild Pokemon for help gets old and irritating real fast.
Music is amazing and the graphics are a step up from XY. New Pokemon are ok (shame there wasn't more of them).but personally I was a bit annoyed by their shallow move pools.
No TM for Dig.Incineoar can't learn False Swipe or Dragon Claw,yet Decideuye and Bewear can learn each of these
>>
>>29923499
thanks for the input anon. I was pretty disappointed by how shallow X/Y were in my opinion. Would you say S/M have more depth?
>>
>>29923418
If you ignore the waifu stuff you still have an uninspired, broken mess of a game that ignores all aspects of previous games that made the series formula compelling in favor of shit they think the fans liked (waifushit, supports, and grinding). Honestly, removing the waifushit would make the game worse since if you get rid of that you have nothing.

>>29923424
I'd rate it about a 6, maybe 6.5 with 5 being average, 10 being Snake Eater, and 1 being Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. My main problem with the game is that Alola feels like a playground for trial goers instead of a lived-in region. It's an amusement park, or a guided tour vacation. Though that might be exactly what they were going for so your mileage may vary. Good level curve, god tier enemy team, decent regional dex, workable (if a little badly paced) story with good characters. Totem battles are also better than gyms in my opinion since they focus on one big mon that can fuck you if you're unprepared instead of a leveled out, piss easy three mon gym leader whose mons go down in one hit each. Stuff like the Wishiwashi and Lurantis fights would be genuinely good boss fights if the AI were better.
>>
>>29923518
thanks for your insight anon. just out of curiosity what would you rate X/Y out of 10?
>>
>>29920198
>What's wrong with TMS#FE?
What isn't wrong with it?
>FE side of things are just weird-looking characters that share the name of well-known FE heroes as well as a few references to the series here and there
>SMT side is just the battle system

It calls itself SMTxFE and barely resembles either. I guarantee if you changed the names no one would realize it was supposed to be a collaboration of both series
>>
It's incredibly hard to say. Some reviewers see certain things as serious flaws that others don't really care about (like story, for example). Here is what I think most reviewers are going to talk about:

Pros:
>Formula is different from past Pokemon games, but not too different to make longtime fans feel alienated
>Story is decent for a core series Pokemon game
>the New Pokemon designs are great (subjective)
>Kanto pandering and nostalgia (remember most professional reviewers are in their twenties and thirties)
>Nice soundtrack
>Good graphics or whatever wtf who cares about portable games am I right why did you guys make me review this one I don't give a shit about the 3ds lol
>Challenging battles (since I'm a reviewer who has a schedule to keep and I don't give a shit about portable games and all poekmon games are the same, I'l just play through the first three trials and call it a day)
>Clever use of 3ds gyroscope

Cons:
>Ridiculously long, seemingly unending tutorial in the beginning of the game
>Framerate issues in Totem battles
>No 3D
>Why can't the Pokemon sound like they do in the anime?!?!
>Too linear but who cares Pokemon is a game for babbies and portable games are supposed to be simple am I right

Honestly, I'm thinking it will get a score in the high 80s. All of the flaws except for the framerate issue will be overlooked because portable game for children. I predict it will be exactly an 88 on Metacritic.
>>
>>29923539
Eeeeeeh it's hard to say. Maybe a 5 or 5.5. XY was weird. It had a lot of things I really liked (PSS being phenomenal, megas being a good addition along with other meta changes, the presentation such as a god tier OST and beautiful Pokemon models, one of my favorite region dexes in the series) but the story wasn't good at all, the characters were nothing but a huge miss other than Sycamore, the game was way too fucking easy for the general power level of the tools they give the player, the region was pretty but ultimately didn't fit together as a cohesive region at all, and the interruptions were just as frequent as they are in BW and SM but without any redeeming aspects such as pretty cutscenes, interesting story, or good characters.

I'm mixed on it. It's clearly not one of the better games in the series but I do like it. SM is similar but I recognize that there's a lot more good in SM than XY.
>>
If I'd have to review from a subjective point of view, I'd say the cutscene interruptions are probably a bit too much, but I personally do like them. I'm predicting it to review on the same level of X/Y, even though I thought X/Y were complete pieces of shit, and Moon is excellent so far.
>>
>>29923424
7 honestly. A 6 if I stretched it.

The game tried, it really did, but every 5 second there's a small thing that detracts of the experience and it keeps piling up and piling up and piling up.

Like, I'm still baffled as to why customization is worse than XY. Games are supposed to improve and add to their features after every sequel, not make them worse or outright remove them. Pokemon games are the only franchise I see doing this regularly, and worse of all, praised and defended for doing so.
>>
>>29923379
I agree with you on Conquest. It's the only halfway salvageable Fates game. I have gripes with five, though. While it was fun, I think it's relation to 4 was actually it's greatest weakness as most of the characters and events were so ultimately inconsequential to the second FE4 generation that it would have been better as a standalone title or at the very least an FE2 situation where it's a whole new cast who just happen to be doing shit concurrently with FE4's.

FE6 is also good, even with Roy.
>>
>>29923424
7-8/10 probably.
Enjoyment of the story really depends on whether you like Lillie or not. I personally did, so I liked the story. That being said, the number of cutscenes got annoying sometimes jesus. (especially at the ending)
Difficulty is satisfying. The important trainers have 252 EVs and perfect IVs in relevant areas, making them a nice challenge. Totems are pretty tough too.
Graphics and music are great.
I think what's really going to make or break this game for a lot of people is how well they can tolerate the cutscenes.
>>
>>29924525
I liked how FE5 was small scale. It made things more personal. The Thracian Peninsula felt like it had real struggles. The Purple Dragon Mountain crew revolted against Dagda because they were sick of how his reformation involved them toiling on land that wasn't worth a damn. The big bad guy for 95% of the game was a stooge in control of nearly worthless section of the continent and he only got into power due to him being the first guy to stab his old lord in the back. The sub boss attack dog is just an old mercenary who lost his homeland. Shit like that is great. It was exactly what it needed to be for a side story.

I'm not super keen on FE6 or any of the GBA FE games really.
>>
>>29923424
I'd probably give it around 7.5, it's a good game and one of the better first games in the franchise but technical issues, excessive cutscenes, a small region and crazy railroading even for Pokemon bring it down a little.
>>
>>29923593
If your only issue with the game is the poor branding decision you might as well say that. The game's not half bad but like you said, advertising it as a crossover was stupid as fuck.
>>
>>29924727
It's a game with zero appeal outside the referential shit though. It's bland and unoriginal Persona with idolshit. You look at it and it looks back at you with dead eyes. It has no soul.
>>
>>29924801
Not really man, it just sounds like you haven't played it. It's an alright JRPG that people might have remembered fondly in a few years had it not been for the branding. The combat system is genuinely decent and even if it doesn't do anything particularly new or creative it also isn't heinously bad or soulless as you say.
>>
>>29924849
Go shill on /v/ some more, OperationKowashitai
>>
Why are the only good pokemon reviews on youtube Somecallmejohnny's review on gen1 and gen2? I can't find any other review that is very in-depth for any other gen.
>>
after fucking ORAS, you can expect half of the reviews to give it a 8.5-9.5 score on "improving" from that rushed clusterfuck

The cons section should be an all caps rant about the removal of the PSS and neverending tutorial
>>
>>29917850
who are the untouchables? never finished fates
>>
>>29926577
Off the top of my head: Scarlet, Reina, and Yukimura for Birthright, Gunter and Flora for Conquest, Fuga for Revelation, Izana for BR/CQ but not Rev, and Shura for all of them.

The problem with untouchables is that they're the characters who have the highest chances of having backstories that are never told since they have extremely limited supports. Gunter is a phenomenal character that deserved more screen time. Characters like Shura, Yukimura, Fuga, and Reina had potential that was completely wasted. But it's okay, chuuni rattlehands has supports with every female in the game since getting him laid is an important mechanic.
>>
>>29925044
and not being able to call the menu from the touchscreen, the game feels really uncomfortable because of that, especially if you want to use Refresh
>>
Famitsu just gave it at 38/40
>>
>>29927185
Worse than nintendogs confirmed, pack it up everyone.
>>
>>29927185

>XY got 39/40

It's over, Nintendo is finished.
>>
>>29927185
>>29927197
>>29927204
>OR/AS got a 37/40
What does it mean.....
>>
their reviews should be dropping now
>>
>>29927185
SM is a flop

Pack it up everyone
>>
>>29927246
Both NintendoLife and NintendoInsider gave it a 10/10. Don't know much about NintendoLife but Insider does good work besides the obvious shill name.
>>
>gameinformer
>8.5/10
That's exactly what I'd rate it.
>>
>>29927267

>Insider does good work
>"Post-Game Content Promises To Keep You Hooked"
>>
>>29927282
Gameinformer is usually pretty harsh on Pokemon games too, pretty good sign.
>>
>IGN 9/10
IT'S HAPPENING
>>
5/5- Digital spy
9/10- IGN
"Essential"- Eurogamer
>>
wtf i love pokemon now
>>
http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/11/15/pokemon-sun-and-moon-review

IGN review is actually good
>>
>>29927282
>>29927310
>>29927330
>>29927388
DELETE THIS
>>
>that several second freeze at the start of the double batte
Holy fuck this game runs like trash
>>
Looks like a lot of people's predictions were wrong, things like heavy cutscenes and fps issues are slight problems to the vast majorities.
>>
>>29927416
People here don't like pokemon
>>
Seems like meta score will be 90+
>>
>>29927413
>Not using an overclocked new 3ds
>>
>>29927416
Many people like cutscenes and a more story heavy game.

FPS in a turn-based game means literally nothing.
>>
>>29927437
>FPS in a turn-based game means literally nothing.
>>
>>29927416
>things like heavy cutscenes
Nobody believed mainstream gaming media would complain about that. Cinematic games get great scores all the fucking time.
>fps issues
This one I'm more surprised by, since the game really runs like shit. Fps drops and long loadtimes tend to be heavily criticized by gaming media
>>
>Gamexplains says there's a difference in fps between OG and New 3DS
Fuck yes. N3DS stay winning.
>>
Hahahahahahahah /vp/ BTFO.
>>
>>29927460
You're not going to mess up your input because the pretty pictures are lagging.

What if you said you lost on a game of Showdown because of FPS issues?
>>
>>29927437
Inconsistent frame rate sure does.
the sad part is that it could have easily have been avoided if the models weren't so detailed, which isn't necessary at all.
>>
>>29924727
Honestly though, I know you're just trying to meet him halfway on this, but it didn't advertise it as some straight crossover though, outside of a teaser they never brought up again or referenced for a long time after showing it once. It's like holding the Space World 2000 Zelda tech demo against Windwaker.

But yeah, the game's fine on it's merits.
>>
>>29927494
I did.
I'm the kind of idiot who presses twice the fight button and end up using metal sound on a pelipper.
>>
>>29927497
Tell me how it matters.

This isn't a fighting or action game.
>>
>>29927522
It matters cause it looks like shit?
>>
>>29927529
So you're going to let graphics dictate the gameplay?

Nice.
>>
>>29927549
The lag is fucking awful in double battles, it's much worse.
But it's rendering a complex background and three trainer models.
Online should be much easier... hopefully?
>>
>>29927549
It shouldn't be any worse, but no better mind you. Seems on N3DS most FPS issues are gone it seems.
>>
>>29927522
Inconsistent frame rate makes the game look bad and breaks any sort of immersion, which is important in a story-based game.
The game also has loading issues, look at gameXplain's double battle when the game freezes for several seconds. In this case it literally results in you wasting your time.
>>
>>29927568
fuck no, doubles/multi/totem fights are still horrible on n3ds (even overclocked).

It doesn't really matter, but it doesn't feel fluent at all
>>
EVERYONE GET BTFO'D
>>
>>29927600
Playing on N3DS and multis slow down a bit but nowhere near as badly as the totem did in the demo. Honestly if I were buying a 3DS for SM I'd wait a week for the Black Friday $99 N3DS.
>>
>>29927600
So some of the reviews are lying?
>>
>>29927549
Online should be fine. The issue is when you're playing against NPCs and after you've chose both your moves, it takes 5 seconds for the turn to start.
I haven't really noticed huge framerate issues, the delay is the major problem.
>>
>>29927600
What?
Totems weren't bad at all on o3ds,
>>
All the reviews seem to agree that the characters are the strongest part of the story.
>>
>>29927652
>>29927678
>>29927633

I'm not saying it's unplayable, but there's a noticeable framerate drop when fighting totems with their aura effects or in doubles. Battle Royale had the same issue, in certain camera perspectives (mainly when selecting what move to use next) the framerate drop noticeably.

It didn't hinder me at playing the game, but the framerate drops are definitely real
>>
>>29927734
Good, its why i liked B/W so much, an actual attempt at a story, character and world building, and a well paced plot with a proper climax
>>
>>29927734
Those people who want Pokemon to become a generic JRPG full of cliche characters will fucking kill the series.
>>
>>29927869
>implying they haven't already
>>
>>29927734
I didn't think I'd be agreeing with reviewers but here we are. The characters were the best part of SM.
>>
>>29927734
>>29927776
>actual attempt at a story, character and world building, and a well paced plot with a proper climax
I'm up to Island 4, it is near Gen 5 level with this. Honestly my biggest problem with the games is the map being under cooked. First island has great level design but 2nd/3rd has lack of dungeons and areas feel small. You got all these places you can't go inside. Also I'm hearing about lack of things to do in post game single player besides basic stuff.
>>
>>29928002

But all the reviews say there's more exploration than ever!
>>
>>29928044
I guess it's a better region than Kalos. No huge Lucario statue this time, I only really liked the northern part of that region.
>>
File: Yes.gif (3MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Yes.gif
3MB, 320x180px
>When catching a new Pokemon with a full team you have the option to look at its summary and even swap it out with a current team member immediately
>>
>>29928658
This is a great feature and I keep getting surprised when I catch a new Pokémon and I don't i have to go back to a center to use it. Works with eggs too.
>>
>>29928658
Why did it take seven generation for this?
Thread posts: 126
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.