[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, whats /vp/'s thoughts on the Mystery Dungeon games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: 300px-In_the_Future_of_Darkness.png (130KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
300px-In_the_Future_of_Darkness.png
130KB, 300x225px
So, whats /vp/'s thoughts on the Mystery Dungeon games?
>>
>>29914992
Really fun.
>>
>>29914992
Amazing.
>>
>>29914992
They should have had Sceptile instead of Grovyle as the major character of EoS. NFEs are weak and meant to evolve.
>>
the Explorers games are goat
>>
>>29915091
you're dumb
>>
There all Cool except for gates to infinity.
>>
>>29914992
They were an important part of my childhood.

I really enjoyed the writing and emotion.
>>
>>29915091
Fun Fact

In the mystery dungeon series, evolutinary lines all have the same stats. Evolving makes no difference in that regard. It leads to weird stuff like Gallade having better Special attack than attack and the opposite for Hydreigon. Of course, you can just patch this up with proteins and calciums.
>>
Love Sky.

I only played 10 hours of SMD, haven't touched it for 10 months. I want to play more but haven't felt like it.
>>
I love them.
I can't wait to see how they'll implement our new extra-dimensional friends for the next one.
There better fucking be a next one.
>>
GOAT. Better than the main series at this point.
>>
Rescue Team is rough around the edges but has the most longevity of the games and the best fugitive arc

Explorers is the best entry overall but it did fuck up some shit RT got right already, like the IQ system, how postgame legends are handled, and player evolution

Gates is easily the weakest of the main four but its one real flaw is just the awful roster, if it had all 649 Pokemon at the time the simple goal of recruiting them all and traversing all the already existing dungeons to find them all would fill the void the game has, the player/partner selection would be better in that scenario too

Super has probably the most solid core gameplay but loses some of the appeal past games had in how it alters a lot of the general structure of the game even in areas Gates got right, personally it has the weakest story of the four too
>>
>>29914992
PMD>Main Series Games, for the most part at least

Gens 4 and 5 are better than the PMD games, but all the other gens aren't as good.
>>
I played a bit of the first one when it came out and quite liked it, I've heard a lot of good things and it inspires some comfy fan art. But Pokemon having human intelligence, speaking and forming a society just doesn't gel with me. I can see why it appeals to people, putting more emphasis on the Pokemon's stories is a good thing, but...I just can't get into them personally.
>>
>>29915562
Each their own. I actually found it somewhat charming myself, how it managed to shake up the core concept.

It's an uncanny change though.
>>
File: Cenitpede.jpg (364KB, 1425x1334px) Image search: [Google]
Cenitpede.jpg
364KB, 1425x1334px
Super>Gates>Explorers>Rescue Team
>>
Shit gameplay, and a plot that's only good by Pokemon standards, mediocre otherwise. Despite that, they're still fun to play. Explorers is extremely overrated
>>
>>29914992
Cool games. Fuck Drifblim
>>
File: 1477874554683.png (80KB, 630x520px) Image search: [Google]
1477874554683.png
80KB, 630x520px
This starter's gonna be way too good for PMD
>start with flying type, so you can go over water, lava AND holes
>end with ghost type, so wall tiles are no longer off limits
>>
>>29914992
better than the main series
>>
I hope the next one has Pokémon that aren't starters or generally overused. Not being able to pick something like Skitty or Cubone in PSMD was disappointing.
>>
File: image.jpg (167KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167KB, 550x550px
>>29917651
here's my contester

any good?
>>
File: tumblr_nwjgboEIE01rvs7gdo2_500.png (125KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwjgboEIE01rvs7gdo2_500.png
125KB, 500x500px
>>29917849
good choice, most baby Pokémon work very well
I'd go with Espurr but after being a character in PSMD I don't know if it would be included. My second choice would be Sentret.
>>
>>29914992
Red Rescue team was one of the first video games to make me cry as a kid. And not even from the ending (though 2's ending got me pretty hard).

The scene where they're getting chased out of town and the teams they respected were trying to murder you really got to me.
>>
What's the hardest mystery Dungeon game?

I've always heard they are generally more challenging than the main games due to limited resources.
>>
>>29919170
PSMD, it prevents you from grinding and you are basically forced to used items
>>
File: 1401205774820.gif (62KB, 362x332px) Image search: [Google]
1401205774820.gif
62KB, 362x332px
>want to replay Sky
>it's so slow compared to Super
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.