[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The main games, anime, etc. all mainly focus on single battles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 5a8[1].jpg (417KB, 1284x1190px) Image search: [Google]
5a8[1].jpg
417KB, 1284x1190px
>The main games, anime, etc. all mainly focus on single battles
>Yet Game Freak pushes doubles as the "official" format

Why? If they want to balance the game around doubles and get people play to doubles, they should have more doubles in the campaign.

It's jarring getting used to single battles, then having to completely relearn everything (like strategies) for doubles.
>>
>>29914912
Because 6v6 singles is too slow and 3v3 singles is too matchup based and not fun to watch.
>>
Because GameFreak unironically believes Doubles-Only will be too hard for inexperienced players.
>>
>>29914912
because GF is retarded and broke singles in every possible way
doubles is not so broken, so they used it instead
but I agree with you, OP
>>
>>29914912
It's logical that they push doubles, because certain moves (e.g. Follow Me) are useless in singles and doubles is arguably more interesting strategywise.

I agree that it makes no sense that everything else is geared toward single battles.
>>
>>29914912
Doubles are more dynamic and interesting than singles. And like the other anon said, singles 6v6 is slow and 3v3 is bad
>>
>>29914912
Better tourney format due to how fast the battles are.
>>
File: bong ghosts.jpg (106KB, 1200x787px) Image search: [Google]
bong ghosts.jpg
106KB, 1200x787px
>>29914912
> ground cant hit flying
> Electric can't hit ground
> Electric on thundrus = ineffective

How the hell is that supposed to work? Also how is it healthy when people are literally still using the same damned mons everywhere?
>>
>>29914912
as someone who only plays doubles and loves it
it hurts that doubles are practically nonexistent in game
>>
Maybe they should implement a doubles only mode into the story.
>>
For watchability only

Singles is way more interesting to play by a longshot, though, so I hope they change their mind one day
>>
My only guess is that since you only get one starter, they don't want to force you to go out and catch a second pokemon to play. Or something else that's completely stupid, I don't know.
>>
>>29915260
Singles takes a lot longer than doubles or triples, though. I can understand triples for tournaments: it goes fast. I can understand not everyone liking it as it really is based on how well your team starts position-wise.

Triple fan here... sadness... oh well...
>>
"doubles are more dynamic"

thats why every top player uses either the same cookie cutter team or the one team that counters the cookie cutter team
>>
>>29914912
"THANK YOU GENIES"

As to answer your question, I have no idea why they are pushing that format.
>>
singles is hot ass on cart. have you ever tried to play a "standard" game of OU on cart? it takes like 40 minutes.

and then you have those 120 turn games that take like five years on showdown that would take age of the universe to play on cart.

doubles is faster and better
>>
>>29915352
Dynamic =/= Varied

Doubles are more dynamic in the sense that the battles are usually more fastpaced. In 6v6 singles lots of turns are spent on switching and usually stalling
>>
>>29915260
Singles under VGC rules would be utter cancer
>>
>>29915159
>how is it healthy
You're. Fucking. Dumb.
>>
>>29915525
NO U
>>
>>29915159
>Choice scarf landorus rock slide
>hidden power ice thundurus
>>
>>29915352
Don't forget timerstall
>>
>>29915257
I really wish they'd do this
>>
Stall games are bad for viewership and would be the dominant meta for singles.

Doubles have much less difference between the highest and lowest tiers of play, meaning that everyone who attends doesn't feel like they got dick stomped.
>>
>>29915257
Or emerald levels of double and tag battles
>>
Why would stall be the dominant style in a VGC-esque singles format when all the things that got banned in Smogon (reg Lando, Mega Luke/Mom/Blaziken/etc, Aegislash, Paraswag, and so on) would most likely be permitted

Especially if they allowed legendaries like in 16, then it's pseudo-Ubers, which is a bracket that's almost impossible to run stall in
>>
>>29916315
Wouldn't say dominated, but your stall breakers can fall to good prediction, turning the match into a stallfest. It only takes ONE slow match to ruin it for the ADD children.
>>
File: timer.gif (1MB, 450x254px) Image search: [Google]
timer.gif
1MB, 450x254px
>>29915633
>>
They should've made more games like Colosseum and XD that were completely double battles
>>
>>29914912
VGC is already filled with enough brainwashing smogonfags as it is

and nobody wants to watch stall
>>
>>29915500
This is true.
That being said, VGC has been pretty cancer as it is.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.