[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about all the Gen 1 pandering? Be honest.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 11

File: 1402526486648.jpg (32KB, 417x407px) Image search: [Google]
1402526486648.jpg
32KB, 417x407px
How do you feel about all the Gen 1 pandering?

Be honest.
>>
I hope they patch in extra pandering for Pokémon that came from gen I when they patch bank to allow transfer from rby to sun moon
>>
i have autisitic fits of rage whenever a game expands on it's lore.
>>
I don't mind it, but I could do without it.
>>
I like alola forms
>>
>>29907437
I'm just sick of it. I like Gen 1 and Gen 1 Pokemon just fine but if every new gen's dex is going to be mostly Gen 1 Pokemon from now on, it's going to be some seriously boring rehashing.
>>
It would be cool if they threw other gens a bone or two every now and then.
>>
>>29907437
I would've preferred if Alolan Forms included some other pokemon from gens other than the first.
>>
>>29907512
Don't you know? Gen 1 is all that matters to GameFreak.
>>
We've been seeing gen 1 for 20 years. I think I'm good on the abundance of gen 1 Pokemon.
>>
>>29907512
Yeah. Gen 2 hasn't gotten anything really. At least it wasn't as fucked as gen 5 with the megas.
>>
>>29907512
You just got gen II and III remakes, what more do you want??
>>
I'm fine with it. Pokemon is a massive multi-media franchise so of course they're going to showcase the most popular characters.
I feel the same way about it as I do comic-books, of course I'd like to see my favorite lesser known characters get more exposure, but it's easy to see why Marvel/DC will give more attention to Wolverine and Batman over characters most fans would consider literal who's.
>>
>>29907437
It has absolutely no effect on me

I like Vaporeon and some other guys like Rapidash, Porygon and Dragonite but nooooo, seems I like the WRONG gen 1 Pokemon so I never get any new forms or anything.

To be honest I'm on board with the ideas they come up with; give old Pokemon Megas, give old Pokemon alternate forms. Just, do more than, like, 8 per game. What the fuck was even the point of Alola forms honestly what an utter waste of time.
>>
>>29907437
its great bussiness, and i like it
>>
Red and Blue appearing from nowhere for no good reason was very lame.
>>
>>29907437
I wish the regional dex had more Unova pokemon but I really couldn't give a heck.
>>
>>29907582
There's even some dude in-game that comments about Sudowoodo not mimicking a type of tree common in Alola
>>
>>29907437
I could live without it.
>>
>>29907669
Porygon did get a new evolution in 2 separate gens to be fair dude.
>>
>>29907491
This.
>>
>>29907437
I like it.
Kanto Pokémon will always be one level above the others for me, no matter which.
>>
>>29907596
>HGSS
>7 years ago
>"just"

Really?
>>
>>29907437
It's the gen that has been around the longest, so if we're going to start a cycle of "pandering" to a game's history, that is where you start. Gen 1 has easily the most recognizable and popular Pokemon of any generation, so if any generation is going to get extra exposure, it's that one.

I'm not sure why people "care", unless they're underage or just autistic.
>>
>>29907437
Annoyed.
>>
>>29907790
>HGSS was 7 (seven) years ago

JUST
>>
>>29907596
Yea, so what? SO DID GEN 1! We as a people and community are asking for love for the other gens. You expect Gen 1 to be the most important by default? God, fuck you. People like you are part of the problem, disgusting. I'm sort of shaking right now, how could someone be so simple minded and foolish...
>>
>>29907482
Have you thought of killing yourself? Might be best for everyone.
>>
File: Ursaring_by_stardroidjean.jpg (37KB, 578x578px) Image search: [Google]
Ursaring_by_stardroidjean.jpg
37KB, 578x578px
I just want them to give Ursaring 1 MORE point in speed. Literally ONE.
>>
File: 9875908734.gif (500KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
9875908734.gif
500KB, 500x375px
I'm actually disappointed that GF didn't add more Gen 1 pandering. They know with Gen is best.
>>
>>29907851
Sorry to break it to you but Gen 1 is the most important by default. Maybe you find that crappy, can't say I'd blame you, but it's true.
>>
File: 1455017813868.gif (47KB, 340x273px) Image search: [Google]
1455017813868.gif
47KB, 340x273px
>>29907437
I dislike it. RBGY aged horribly and a majority of the designs still don't hold up. Kanto is a pretty boring region, if only because every time it comes back they feel the need to make the layout the exact same every time without adding anything or removing unnecessary things. Team Rocket is as generic as villains get, I'm not even sure what their endgame has ever been, and pikachu is still a shitmon now matter how much you try to fix him GF.
>>
Is there still a unique mix of the vs champion song in sun moon to be used only for the vgc world champion finals
>>
It's fine when done tastefully. But I'm getting bored of using kanto mons so I'm not thrilled with the alolan dex.
>>
Genwun a shit, and so are most genwun Pokemon. There are a few exceptions, like Electabuzz, but for the most part it's painfully bad.
>>
>>29907437
I understand why they do it but I still think it's a bit too much.
>>
Frustrated as they only do it for hype and to appeal to older fans

Where's the Johto Pokemon, who live in the same fucking place as Kanto mons
>>
I can live with that, but like any serious fan I fundamentally despise it.

Not only that, ut I hate how gen 5 gets very often the short stick. Two gen 6 games and we got only one mega? and it's fucking audino?

>inb4 unovabortion

I have no shame.
>>
>>29908006
Were BW actually your first games dude? Not trying to sound like a twat, honest question.
>>
>>29907866
>says gen 1 is best
>posts a gen 2 pokemon
Nice bait.
>>
>>29908006
You're not wrong. Honestly any gen outside of 1 and occasionally 2 or 3 gets shafted all the time. Gen 5 is one of my favorites and it feels bad that GF keeps trying to bury it and everything that was good about it.
>>
>>29908030
started with red back when it was released. dropped the series after crystal because I grew out of it. admittedly jumped back in when black was released, so I admit I have a soft spot for it. But I think it's objectively atrocious that gen 5 and 6 got only one mega each (and again, gen V's was motherfucking audino).
>>
>>29907437
I don't give a single fuck, the team i ended with turned out to be alolamons exclusively (and even before the only non-alolan mon was skarmory). The bigger problem is bringing the same pseudo legend shit everyone is tired from like salamance and garchomp, did they really had to bring them back instead of finally leaving them behind forever?
>>
>>29907437
> alola forms is a fun concept
> LEL GENWUN ONLY
> Red and Blue return
> no johto trainers
> Two Pikachu Z stones
> Snorlax gets a Z stone for fuckall reasoning
Its honestly awful senpai
>>
They should've just gave us alolan forms of the original 150. None of the new pokes are any good.
>>
>>29907437
Hate it. I admit that Kanto has a lot of my favorite designs, but come the fuck on, I keep buying these for new pokemon not old shit.
>>
>>29907437
I don't care either way. But the autist tears are sweet.
>>
>>29908167
Who died and made you king of opinions?
>>
>>29907437
I didn't mind it in Gen 6 with the various mega evolutions and X and Y giving you a Kanto starter, Mewtwo and a Birb, but with the Alola forms it's such a waste. Redtricting themselves to Gen 1 seems pointless as you get shit designs like Alolan Geodude line.
>>
>>29908103
Snorlax got a Z-move because a designer came up with a funny idea. And it is funny.
>>
>>29908167
This game's Water types kick ass. At LEAST 2 of them are headed right to OU.
>>
>>29907437
It's boring and doesn't fit the tropical setting. Alolan forms are fair enough, but there are too many unmodified genwun pokemon running around Alola for no apparent reason. How did they get there from Poke-Japan? Are they all invasive species?
>>
File: 1478659271875.jpg (34KB, 642x792px) Image search: [Google]
1478659271875.jpg
34KB, 642x792px
>>29907437
IT holds the franchise back and makes it more difficult to adapt and grow because there's a huge section of content devoted solely towards appeasing a group of people who are highly likely to not buy the game or even care in the first place.

As long as Gen 1 gets this degree of hardcore favoritism, the franchise will never reach it's full potential. Gen 5 has it's problems but I'll always applaud it for trying to create a brand new pokedex from scratch.
>>
I feel that it cripples gameplay to limit Pokémon availability. You could have a far more challenging game without the pandering
>>
>no mega dragonite
for how long?
>>
>>29908255
OU =/= not shit
>>
>>29908006
>but like any serious fan I fundamentally despise it
Cringe.
>>
>"Oh boy I can't wait to see what new Pokemon I run into on this route!"
>Wild Pidgey appeared!
>>
>>29908318
normies and genwunner don't count, mate
unless you work for GF and want their money, then they count x100
>>
>>29907437
Somewhat irritating since it's wasted potential.
Introduce a cool Alola form thing then give it to abritrary pokemon from gen 1 who didn't need/deserve it instead of something from a different gen.

I Don't hate it but the waste oppertunity to pander to gen 1 fags urks me.
>>
>>29908228
This.
I wish actual Pokémon fans browsed /vp/ instead of /v/ cross boarders.
>>
>>29908272

This is pretty much how I feel. If we're not going to focus heavily on new Pokemon in each generation and have loads of older ones, at least make it not all about Gen 1. It only fuels the "genwunner" mentality rather than expanding the series in any meaningful way.
>>
>>29908340
Yes, you are a correct. The biggest portion of the game's fanbase count the most to the company that makes them. This should not make people this annoyed.
>>
>>29908103
Snorlax Z-move is really funny and cool. If there's any Gen wun pandering i'm okay with it has to be the Z-move.
Still a little dissapointed we didn't get some other Iconic pokemon from other generations getting a Z-move like Metagross or Lucario.
>>
>>29908340
>im taking this game for kids super seriously guys
>>
>>29908228
> he wants a 30 second attack to be funny
Kys
>>
Fresh out of hecks
>>
>>29908406
>The biggest portion of the game's fanbase count the most
I honestly wonder how big the genwunner fanbase actually is. I mean, before GO the games still sold millions, and considering the franchise has been going for 20 years, I don't think that many of people jmped on right out of nowhere. I mean, most of them either kept buying them and thus obviously enjoyed later gens, or I don't know. Anyway, you are correct, they obviously should aim at getting as many customer as possible, and nostalgia is a easily exploitable trick.

But the both of us know that as >>29908272 said, this shit is holding the franchise back. Pandering wouldn't be that bad if they reserved almost the same attention to gen 2-6. Ok, advertire kanto alolan form, but god damn it, is it so difficult to add some of them from other regions as well?
>>
I think the pandering is absolutely pathetic. Because it can't even be bothered to go the whole way.

It's fine if they make Alohan forms of Gen 1 pokemon, but if you're going to do that, do it to at least 50 of them. What we've gotten is token pandering. I mean I can't imagine any normalfags or genwunners taking a look at Alohan Muk or Meowth and thinking "Oh wow that was my favorite pokemon when I was 10 let's take a look at the new game."

What we're left with doesn't really appeal to genwunners, and just pisses off the fans of other gens because they feel victimized because they have the audacity to like something different.
>>
>>29908428
It would have been cool to have final smashes as Z-Moves.
Give Charizard Triple Finish.
>>
>>29908431
joke all you want, but the fact remains: they keep making these game pandering to the people who don't play them
>>
I don't care if they give me my gen2 pandering next game/gen
>>
>Another Kanto remake
>Some of the gen 3-7 mons get Kanto forms.
>Those Kanto forms completely replace the originals in future gens.
>>
>>29907437
I haven't thought about it because it isn't real.
>>
>>29907437
It's getting really fucking old. Give some other gens some love for gods sake.
>>
File: tumblr_o1hu149lac1v5dpyvo1_1280.jpg (21KB, 599x545px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1hu149lac1v5dpyvo1_1280.jpg
21KB, 599x545px
>>29907437
As long as we move on to Gen 2 after the 20th anniversary thing rolls over, fine.

But I don't want 300 fruit pikachus. I REALLY don't.
>>
>>29907437
It's pointless. The people who they're pandering too are too busy with Pokemon Go and probably don't even have a 3ds anyway.
>>
>>29908641
You know we won't.
>>
File: 1475589379844.jpg (75KB, 480x410px) Image search: [Google]
1475589379844.jpg
75KB, 480x410px
I don't mind it. They are trying to retrieve the first generation of people who played their game in order to sell more with nostalgia power, nothing wrong with that. Also Gen. 1 mon are not half as bad as everyone makes them to be here.
>>
>>29908228
Alolan Dugtrio is my favorite new Pokemon. It's hilarious!
t. (You)
>>
I think this is the last gen of gen1 pandering.

Gen 6+7 = gen 1, and gen 8 will = gen 2. Gen 8 will have evos and babies of Pokémon introduced in gens 6+7, hence all the single-stage mons introduced in those two. Gen 6+7 have about 150 Pokémon between them. They're just stretching the gen 1 hype across two generations to keep it going longer, but gen 8 could be 100 pokes with evos of past ones (limited to the ones from the new gen 1 aka gens 6+7). I dunno.
>>
File: cereal-weavile_fb_602844.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
cereal-weavile_fb_602844.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
I'm not bothered about gen 1 getting representation , just give the other gens the same representation too.

It makes no fucking sense Alola forms are Kanto exclusive. That's not how nature works.
>>
>>29908315
Then define not shit friendo
>>
File: pikaclones.jpg (258KB, 1748x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pikaclones.jpg
258KB, 1748x1000px
>>29908695
>we won't have any reference to Johto and onward
Oh trust me, I'm well aware of that.
>we won't get several unnecessary pikaclones
Oh, I wouldn't be so sure...
>>
LET ME CATCH A NEW FUCKING POKEMON YOU PIECE OF SHIT IM SICK OF SEEING RATS
>>
like the new star wars, it is very retro and very stale

the stagnation of being stuck in the past is going to drain the life-force out of you nostalgiafags
>>
>>29908793
> kanto and johto are literally neighboring regions connected by a railroad
> somehow no johtomons get alola forms
> no johto trainers in battle tree
When will Gamefreak stop fucking up
>>
>>29907437
Can you people fucking stop misusing spoiler tags? It's annoying as fuck when there are actual spoilers going around.
>>
>>29907437
It's starting to annoy me a bit. The fact that only Kanto mons get Alolan forms and a good amount of the Kanto regional dex was shoved into Kalos and Alola's doesn't give room for other gens to shine.
>>
>>29909408
>no johto trainers
>who is Red
>>
Reminder that there's more Kanto Pokemon on Alola than Alola native Pokemon.
>>
>>29907582
Well, if it means anything anon the gen 2 starters are QR code encounters.
>>
File: top_0032.png (132KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
top_0032.png
132KB, 400x240px
>tease bellossom
>no oddish
>>
>>29907437
Atleast they choose some shitmons and decided to redesign them both design and mechanically. Looking forward using Alolan Muk.

As long they decide to do interesting things with it, I'm fine with it. Megas and shoving Gen 1 Pokemon in your fucking face is not 1 of them and only adds more fuel to the fire on how fucking awful XY were.
>>
>>29907437
I'd be ok with this if it was Gen 2 pandering as well
>>
>>29909602
>so shit and unloved they aren't even starters anymore just wild pokemon
>>
File: FUCKING HELL.gif (69KB, 429x204px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING HELL.gif
69KB, 429x204px
>>29908626
>>Another Kanto remake
>>Some of the gen 3-7 mons get Kanto forms.
This sounds nice
>>Those Kanto forms completely replace the originals in future gens.
pic related
>>
>>29909564
It's worse. There are more Kanto Pokemon than ANY OTHER REGION.
>>
>>29908550
This. All this genwun pandering but my bro Kabutops never gets anything.
>>
>>29907437
I kinda like it since I grew up with gen 1, but it's dumb that it's exclusively gen 1.
>>
>>29907864
explain
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.