[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To anyone who already has the game: Do you think it is worth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

File: sm.jpg (300KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
sm.jpg
300KB, 1200x630px
To anyone who already has the game:
Do you think it is worth spending 40 euro on?
>>
also, do you think it is worth it to pay an extra 10 for the steelbook? Will the re-sale value be better?
>>
>>29906827
>>29906877

In all honesty I would really advise to get it for free (cfw and .cia, or emulator). It's definitely not a good game. The new mons are cool and worth trying but that's it. It's a tremendous pain to go through the main story. First time in my life that I struggle to get to the end of a pokemon game.

Just for the heck of it I would love that someone counted the amount of time you are stuck in a cutscene pressing A. I bet my fucking head that it constitutes most of the game.

This would be an unbiased indicator of how bad the game is.

Try to get it for cheap. Really cheap.
>>
>>29907991
This, BW is a shit game.
>>
Yes.
I don't know how much 40 EUR is, but unless the exchange rate is totally broken the games are worth it.
And I would pay for the steelbook, but my shop doesn't sell it.
>>
>>29907991
This anon is right.

I'm a classic frat boy guy, I know what most of the girls and the guy finds me pretty hot so I can do pretty much whatever I want. I play vidya (in public and on my 3DS nonetheless), I read manga and I watch anime and I browse 4chan every day. I talk of all this stuff with pretty much everyone too. Explaining to people what are the bronies gets everyone to think I'm super smart and funny. I actively use 4chan stuff to get laid. You're manchildes because most of you are ugly son of a bitch without style, I'm not so I can do whatever I want.

I didn't buy a video game to read a bunch of stupid shit, I bought a video game it fucking play it to move around the world, kill things, and find stuff, I know some of you guys like to read information in the games walls of text and even read the books the game has like on elder scrolls but most people prefer to just say yes or no to a quest and get their ass moving on it, we don't have all fucking day to read boring ass text. This is why they simplified the fucking dialog, if you faggots want to read text then play visual novels, in this time people don't have patients or time to waste reading text, heck they are already wasting time by playing the damn game so why waste more by reading long boring text to figure out how to save some cow?
>>
>>29906827
It's really worth. They have the best story/music/functionality
They are hard like Platinum
>>
>>29906827
The game is worth it easily, better than gen 5 and 6 kek
>>
>>29906827
Yes
>>
>>29906827
One of the best videogames in the series desu. As long as you don't mind there being cutscenes and actual plot like you would expect from most other videogames, I would highly recommend this game at full price.
>>
No it's not worth it. Sun and Moon should've just been DLC or an expansion pack. Sun and Moon has been giving me bad vibes ever since I heard about it. Looks like my intuition was right on the mark.
>>
>>29908055
>>
>>29906877
Only if you plan to keep it sealed. Buy the steelbook only if your intention is to sell it, pirate the one you play.
>>
I'd say so OP. Having a lot of fun playing Moon.
>>
>>29908171
thats like, your opinion man
>>
>>29908233
Never said it wasn't.
>>
...Is the game really that bad? You guys have me kinda worried.
Money is a little tight right now for me so I can just go around throwing it at every game that looks nice.
>>
>>29909603
Play any 2D generation game and you'll have way more fun.
>>
>>29906827
>Asking /vp/ for an opinion on modern Pokemon games
Play the game and form your own opinion, or ask somewhere else. Anything beyond gen 6 is going to be automatically bad among this crowd.
>>
>>29908055
What's up with copypastas today?
>>
File: costanza_400x400.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
costanza_400x400.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
>>29909686
And you'll have no one to trade/battle with by being stuck on an outdated dead game.

>playing Pokemon for the main story
>>
>>29908055
You should find the "patients" to read some more.
>>
>>29906827
Definitely not.
>>
>>29910415
The point of asking is to determine whether he should play the game or not you dumbass.
>>
>>29911169
What's the point of asking a certain crowd if the answer is always going to be no? Why do you think I said to ask somewhere else?
>>
It's worth it but it feels unfinished, despite the insane polish that went into making it look and play great.

First island has impecable level design, very vertical and tightly packed, has these optional areas that reward exploration. Then you get to the second island and it's like they changed level designers midway through development, it goes back to the boring route/town structure with no branching paths, interconnection between different areas, or optional areas AT ALL (despite the island being much bigger), with huge patches of land that are inaccessible for no apparent reason.

If the entire region kept the tightly packed design and optional areas of the first island (but on a bigger scale as islands got bigger) then it would be the best region by far, but it really drops the ball. Areas like the golf course were clearly intended to be accessible, but are messily blocked off despite having clear paths to them, like they ran out of development time and had to dummy out these areas from the game. Then there's stuff like the empty building lots in towns promising something that never happens, only half the trial captains having postgame teams, and red herring characters/UBs that go nowhere despite FEELING like they are important. It's weird, it smells like they had much bigger ambitions for the game but had to cut it out to meet the 20th anniversary deadline.
>>
>>29906827
Yes, it's a good game with great characters. Don't listen to all the "hurr it's new so it's shit" retards on /vp/ this happens every fucking release.
>>
>>29906827
Yes if you keep your expectations low
>>
>>29911337
That reminds me of the locked doors in the desert area of Kalos. Are they always going to have places that will seem accessible later on, but then pretty much act like it was never a thing?
>>
>>29906827

I have Moon in CIA form, and it honestly sucks. Too many cutscenes, and also not enough viable new Pokemon to make it interesting. A lot of the encounters (especially the trials) seem designed to suck as much fun out of the game as possible.

Take the water trial, where you fight a thing that has maximum defense boost at all times and summons trash pokes that heal it for 25% of its HP every round while also constantly lowering your attack. It's not a hard fight, it's just a total un-fun slog.
>>
>shofu telling everyone he got a copy from nintendo
>doesnt post pictures of his case, or cartridge

l m a o
m
a
o
>>
>>29911438
lol you started the post with a legit criticism then went into a rant about how not-easy the game is, which is one of its best qualities.

git gud faggot, the fact that totem battles have actual thought put into their strategies is THE BEST thing about this game by far.
>>
>>29911337
>Areas like the golf course were clearly intended to be accessible, but are messily blocked off despite having clear paths to them,
you can't go to golf course? fuck, thought it was a post game thing or something, I just got to island 4 and I think island 3 was a big disappointment, was does it feel so small?

also where are the dungeons? can't even go in the trash/power plant
>>
nope. Just pirate it
>>
>>29911600
You can't go inside anything, like 3/4 of town buildings are locked off, the HUGE volcano in the second island teleports you between entrances and exits instead of being explorable, the huge mountain in the third island isn't explorable either and they put a random bus stop in there to take you to the top, it's fucking retarded, this is a first for the series and keep in mind being a fully 3D cohesive world was a selling point of this game.

I started the game thinking Alola was going to be the best and most cohesive region by far, but when I played through the second island I started to feel like something was extremely wrong.
>>
>>29911337
So this confirms Z is what should have come out around now but instead they cut huge parts of the game in order to rush SM by the 20th anniversary.
>>
>>29911661
>the HUGE volcano in the second island teleports you between entrances and exits instead of being explorable
this is what set me off first, well the water trial area feels under done as well.
>>
>>29910521
>Playing pokemon exclusively for the meta

but why
>>
>>29911719
>this is what set me off first, well the water trial area feels under done as well.

Right? All those beautiful pools in the map artwork, and they're just background. Exploring them with Lapras would be a great trial, but instead you get to chase around some Wishiwashi for a few minutes in 3 boring lakes. Most of the trials feel undercooked, I expected something like a traditional JRPG dungeon with a boss at the end and fun quest-like things, and while some trials feature the latter (Mallow's is clearly a JRPG fetch quest), they feel underdeveloped as fuck.

At least the totem fights are good.
>>
>>29911787
Because game flow is absolute dogshit. The cutscenes raped this game it's not even funny how trash it is.
>>
>>29906827
Yeah they are worth it. These are actually the first games in a while in which I've blacked out.
>>
Is the lighthouse in the second island explorable?
>>
File: 1465501383699.png (347KB, 628x406px) Image search: [Google]
1465501383699.png
347KB, 628x406px
>>29911942
no
>>
>>29908055
High quality bait, but *patience
>>
>>29909603
If you're worrying about money anon, you really should hack your ds and just get it for free. It is pretty decently hard IMO with the totems and other specific boss battles though.
>>
Just got to the power plant and it's not explorable either, it's literally a Poke Finder photo spot.

I guess they wanted to recreate the true tourist guide experience, just sightseeing with no touching or interaction with anything. Bravo Ohmori.
>>
>>29912490
There's one there? I can literally find no PokeFinder spots whatsoever outside the one tutorial one there was.
>>
>>29912563
Yeah on the fence.

Took me forever to get the level 4 camera and it's just more zoom, the "mythical" level 5 camera requires 1,500,000 points.
That's not a typo.
>>
>>29911297
teach me how to obtain selective vision anon, i'm seeing a few differing opinions in this thread
>>
Even the small things are unfinished, like the TV broadcasts.

They all broadcast literally the same masalada program with the same text every time.
>>
>>29911337
The first island really is perfect, there isn't much wasted space at all and you can walk from place to place and see everything connecting on the map and in-game.

I'm at the third and it's ridiculous how many long roads that turn out to be teleports that skip 90% of their terrain on the map and how much wasted space there is everywhere. It's really like they ran out of time and decided to put teleports over areas they didn't develop yet, and block off access to any areas still not finished.
The game is BW1 linear, but unlike BW1 Unova it feels like it wasn't designed to be linear, it wasn't their initial intention at all (see: first island) and it just turned out that way after development issues.
>>
>>29907991
I felt the same way about Platinum and HGSS
>>
GF is too incompetent for a franchise as big as Pokemon.

I was secretly hoping that the TPC revenue would slowly decline enough for Nintendo to buy the Pokemon franchise entirely and do their own management of it, but Pokemon GO shattered that hope completely.
>>
>>29906827
Are all the new pokemon shown on youtube the only new pokemon they have?
>>
>>29909603
its really not that bad
all the /v/irgins are coming over to bait
>>
Hey everyone, I also hate new things that are not old things, may I please join your secret club?
>>
Not really.
Most of the routes and areas are tiny, new pokemon appearance rates are fucking atrocious, there's constant performance issues in double and totem battles. All the cutscenes and robbing you of your agency as a player gets old fast as well.
>>
>>29908055
Visual novels are actually well written though. SM's story is complete shit.
>>
Is there any difference between Sun and Moon besides specific pokemon?

Just wondering which one to buy
>>
>>29914396
Moon is shifted 12 hours. If you regularly play it at IRL night, then in the game it will day instead.
>>
>>29914561
So only that thing and some specific pokemons to each other?
>>
>>29914561
God thats gonna piss me off.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.