[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All of these Pokemon are banned from OU and have zero use in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: Shitubers.png (583KB, 1323x1408px) Image search: [Google]
Shitubers.png
583KB, 1323x1408px
All of these Pokemon are banned from OU and have zero use in Ubers

I havent followed the Meta for awhile, but what happened to Kyogre? Wasn't he the top Ubermon generation after generation? Also, weren't Deoxys formes allowed in OU in previous Generations? Why are these mons banned? I can understand M-Blaze because you can't have M-Blaze without Blaze, who is banned.
>>
>>29906623
Kyogre was S rank until Primal Groudon came in with 98% usage.

>tfw they ban mega fug and not Primal Groudon
>one of their reasoning was everyone would use MFug, but now every uses Pdon anyway
>Smogon in charge of balancing
>>
Primal Reversion allowed Groudon to outclass Kyogre. It has beefy Defense, a resistance to Fairy, and decent role compaction.
>>
>>29906658
>no reference to the immunity to it's otherwise x4weakness
>>
>>29906653
Is Primal-Groudon as bad as GSC Snorlax?
>>
>>29906722
Worse, pretty much +/-100% if you exclude the very bottom of the ladder.
>>
>>29906722
No

>>29906653
If P Groudon was banned Xerneas and a few other mons would rape everyone and have no switch ins. It is healthier for the meta to keep it.
Same reason Lando isn't banned even though 30% usage in OU. Without it Mega Zard X and Lopunny would have to be banned as well.

>anons in charge of balancing a metagame

Pls no. You obviously have no idea how 6 vs 6 Singles work. Go back to VGC.
>>
>>29906722
If I remember right though, wasn't curselax a special mon back then?
>>
>>29906761
Is it Centralizing too? Like in OU, Landorus and Clefable see a lot of usage, but the meta isn't centralized around them so it's okay.
>>
>>29906778
>defending 98% usage
Xerneas was controllable before Pdon, and it will remain so.
Might as well unban MFug, can't be as bad as Pdon right? Just 2% usage difference
>>
>>29906801
I'm not über buff, I only play the tier from time to time but I don't feel like P-don is that big of a problem even tought he's omnipresent.
He doesn't hit very hard, compared to other mons in the tier, and is pretty slow, which means he won't just 6-0 you because your fire resist is dead.
He also has no recovery outside of rest, not even lefties, and both T-spikes and toxic are a thing in this tier.

He's just a must have because he's "the best check" to a lot of nearly unbeatable mons, like >>29906778 mentioned.
>>
>>29906722
Its ability is an enhanced harsh sunlight with all the advantages + immunity to Water-type moves, and its newly added Fire-type makes it to take advantage of Fire-type moves.

Its newly added Fire-type + immunity to Water-type moves means that its only weakness is Ground, but with 150 Def even Garchomp only can 2HKO it. The only way that ability can be cancelled is if a Primal Kyogre appears because both abilities can't be active at once, or Mega Rayquaza's Delta Stream (too bad Mega Rayquaza is banned)
>>
>>29906891
Surf Rayquaza is a somewhat common lure, too.
>>
>>29906653
Ya guys remember than Ubers isnt supposed to be balanced or otherwise would become OU because all of the mons in Ubers are oficially broken or unhealthy, thats why they dont try to balance than meta
MFug is just too broken even for other broken mons, he can 6-0 most teams and thats why they banned
>>
One of the mods has a team he has kept for years that is constantly checked by Speed Boost Blaziken, which is why it's constantly quick banned.
>>
>>29906805
But Mega Mence wouldn't. I saw some people wanting it to be an S+ rank (reserved for totally broken mons like P-Don and Mega Mence when it was OU) on viability rankings even with Primal Groudon around. It's just safe to keep Groudon around, especially since meta adapted anyway to it. Also it's possible that Primal Kyogre would take its place too
>>
P G will get banned to Megafug tier now that Solgaleo exists to keep Xerneas in check
>>
It's probably not work making special exceptions for specific formes of arceus.
They all have great stats.
>>
Why not make a new tier between the OU and the Uber ?
>>
>>29907433
Because Uber isn't a tier and any Tier immediately below it would be OU
>>
>>29907433
There aren't enough Pokémons, Uber contains something like 40 mons counting multiple forms and megas

also, >>29907466
>>
How would UU be affected if from OU:
Breloom, Dragonite, Klefki, Zapdos, Raikou, Scizor, and Azelf droped

And from BL: Alakazam, M-Alteria, Diggersby, M-Galade, Hawlucha, M-Pidgeot, Salamence, Scolipede, Staraptor, Thundarus-T, Togekiss, Victini, Volcarona, and Zygarde all fell into it (There are way too many Pokemon in BL, there's no way that many Pokemon were over centralizing)

While Crawdaunt, Nidoking, and Suicune all left UU for OU, as well as M-Alakazam, M-Gyarados, and Terrakion.
>>
>>29907151
The only thing keeping Blaziken banned is Baton Pass. Its BP set and Sweeper set have two really different switch ins and you have no room for fucking up.
>>
>>29907692
Why the fuck would Dragonite drop?
>>
>>29907796
cuz it's not as good
>>
>>29907692
UU had the worst balancing system and the worst council, that's why it had so many bans. that's an unspoken fact
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.