[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is buying the game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 8

File: pokemon-sun-moon-background.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-sun-moon-background.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
So after discovering the game is primarily cut scenes with a majority of hand-holding, lots of undeveloped aspects and a generally unfinished nature... who is still getting the game and why?
>>
I am, one because I still want to experience the game first hand and also I want to try out the new pokemon.
>>
>after discovering
after reading exaggerated outrage bait on /vp/, you mean
>>
>why are people on a Pokemon board buying a Pokemon game
quality thread
>>
I'm not getting the game and it's bad.

are you happy now, anon?
>>
>>29904386
This. Games are good. Play them for yourself.
>>
I am, because I'm not a faggot who takes advice from /vp/.
>>
>>29904355
I am because I'm not a sad poorfag
>>
>>29904355
Vp is always overly cynical about the games so Im definitely gonna get it and enjoy it
>>
>>29904388
>>why are people on a Pokemon board buying a Pokemon game quality thread

Its more, what are your motivations for buying it at the moment, especially after the gameplay videos and otherwise confirm the game has a lot of flaws
>>
>>29904386
This^

It's just a select loud individual shitposting, won't even surprise me if it's the same Heliolisk shitposter that's been complaining about the game the past few days/week

I mean, we haven't seen a Heliolisk thread in a while. Do you think that's a coincidence?

I THINK NOT!
>>
I want to sleep in Guzma's bed.
>>
I won't buy it since it seems way too easy to be fun, but it seems good for anyone who doesn't care about that.
>>
>>29904439
They're without a doubt the hardest main series Pokemon games yet. I know that's not much, but come on dude.
>>
>>29904439
Easy? 1h to TRY to capture a FUCKING CUBONE. He called always for help
And i lost many times: i've never lost in pokémon games beside Platinum and HeartGold
>>
>>29904355
it's still better than that turd known as gen 6
>>
File: luma3ds.png (13KB, 318x334px) Image search: [Google]
luma3ds.png
13KB, 318x334px
Glad I got this game for free a week ago and didn't actually have to buy this turd.

I actually feel pity for all the cucks that are gonna buy it.
>>
Yes, I'm picking it up at midnight and taking off work the next day so I can play. So far it doesn't seem worse than X/Y, and I got through that so this should be nice in comparison.
>>
Me.
Because I am a fanboy
>>
>>29904477
I never battle. Just throw a ball, it'll catch, or it won't,but it won't call for help. I caught 2 beldum, a lv. 10 Salamence, and an Emboar, and I wasn't really even trying.
>>
>>29904423
And you're asking this on a board dedicated to Pokemon, which means almost everyone here is a big fan of the series that will buy the game regardless

Even if the single player sucked, which it doesn't sound like, I'd still be getting it to complete the pokedex, trade and build up my years worth of collection, battle competitively online and other things
>>
>>29904355
I'll by the collector's edition so I can sell it for double later.
>>
I preordered the 2DS+Sun package, so yeah
>>
>>29904386
the entire game is already on youtube.
>>
>>29904584
>I'll by the collector's edition so I can sell it for double later.

Was not aware of a collector's edition...

I have the steelbook & figurine's pre-ordered for both games, was just curious if all the bad reports have thrown anyone off the game.
>>
>>29904609
Watching someone else play a game is not the same thing as playing it yourself.
>>
>>29904355
You can always count on this type of threads popping whenever a release is near. Fuck off
>>
>>29904609
well of course watching 25 hours of gameplay is going to feel like a 25 hour cutscene

there are like two or three significant cutscenes that are like 5 minutes or longer, the rest are intermissions that are no more incriminating than anything you've seen in past games
>>
>>29904419
This
>>
>>29904659
>You can always count on this type of threads popping whenever a release is near. Fuck off

Casual newfag doesn't read the comment only two posts above... Git Gud

> I have the steelbook & figurine's pre-ordered for both games, was just curious if all the bad reports have thrown anyone off the game.
>>
>>29904403
I did.
They really aren't. It's not the worst game ever, but it certainly isn't a good game either.
>>
I want to play catch new Pokémon, play multis with my friends (who are waiting to buy it too), and be able to transfer my old Pokémon up to new generations, so I'm going to buy it (despite having a CFW and everything set up already).
Not going to buy a N3DS for it though, if it's that disappointing.
>>
>>29904355
I'll be buying both copies.

I honestly couldn't care less what the majority of /vp/ thinks, it's not my opinions and I'm don't have to listen to them either.

I'm going to experience the games for myself.
>>
>>29904355
I am.
Because it is a main series Pokemon game.
Who gives a shit about the story? I just want to battle other people postgame and update my living dex.
>>
>>29904660
Don't worry reddit turd, I will post a screencap of this post when you faggots finally get the officially release and rage to the teeth a Lillie and Hau
>>
>>29904682
How is you getting some collectors shit countering you making this shit thread and these kind of threads always appearing near releases. Fuck off [2]
>>
>>29904539
Wasn't that Salamence Bold?
>>
>>29904355
I just cleared the main story and I'm still going to buy it.
Game has many flaws but despite that it became my most favourite game. Goddamn I had so much fun with it.
>>
>>29904355
Unlike other people who apparently have never lived through a pokemon launch, I don't give a fuck about what the internet has to say about the game.

I bought fucking Diamond at launch, you think I'm going to skip on Sun?
>>
>>29904695
No one gives a fuck about a thief's opinion, sorry.
>I was going to buy it anyway, but after finishing the pirated version I decided to save my money :^)
>>
I'll enjoy it for what it is. I'd like an exploration-heavy game, but as long as the story is enjoyable, I can still catch 'em all, and I can battle my friends and people online I'll be fine with it.
>>
>>29904355

Getting it just to piss you off barneyfag.
>>
>>29904355
Obviously if i like pokemon enough to spend even a minute on this god forsaken board, i like enough to buy a main series game
>>
>>29904945
>tfw DP took ages to play even with cheats

Sinnoh is a good region but Diamond gave PTSD and made me hate genIV
>>
I've learned to never trust /vp/ on anything.
>>
>>29904355
In the years I have been on /vp/ without fail for every new release the apparent majority cries that it's shit. Granted in my opinion they certainly had a point with both Gen 6 games but honestly SM look better than those so it really can't be that bad. In a way I have to thank XY for setting the bar so low that every future iteration looks better in comparison.
>>
File: 1478311634431.png (41KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1478311634431.png
41KB, 320x240px
>>29905254
>>
>>29904355
>primarily cut scenes with a majority of hand-holding
Why exactly is this a bad thing? It sounds like they're really starting to put the story center-stage, which--given that the basic gameplay elements and overall structure of the game has been the same for twenty years--really sounds to me like a good thing.

>lots of undeveloped aspects and a generally unfinished nature
This basically translates to "but where's muh Battle Frontier," right? Not everyone cares about that.
>>
>>29904808
but i played the game and not once did i feel the cutscenes were excesive

do you have ADD?
>>
>>29904355
Only VGC fags have to buy the game.
Everyone else has no excuse.
>>
>>29905353
t. Nigger thief
>>
>villain teams are the least threatening in franchise history.
>Main villains plan effects TWO PEOPLE upon realization
>>
File: heavybreathing.jpg (47KB, 640x577px) Image search: [Google]
heavybreathing.jpg
47KB, 640x577px
>>29904355
>who is still getting the game and why?

Im studying maths and i need a really fast way to do leasure and recharge my batteries in between homework.

I havent played pokemon since yellow in 1998, so i will appreaciate all of the new stuff introduced since then and in SuMo. I have nothing really to compare it to.

I bought a shiny new, new-3DS xl to play it on, and i realise it will soon be replaced but im also playing all the Professor Layton and Ace Attorney that i missed.

Also i like persian and you can suck my ass.
>>
File: 20161113_131210.jpg (4MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161113_131210.jpg
4MB, 3264x1836px
>>29904355
yes. Because I've been playing the leak and everything you typed is wrong
>>
Yes, because I like almost all of the new Pokemon and think it looks better than x and y, which I didn't buy.
>>
>>29904507

I agree, they fucked up fucking bad, they refreshed only few older mons and they literally didn't cared to give many of them [including incineroar] reasonable movepools or stats

they are fucking ridiculous
>>
>>29904355
Because I don't listen to second opinions of /vp/ for anything and I'm in it for competitive regardless of how "good" the story is.
>>
I'm buying the game because I actually support GameFreak, I'm not a piratefag, and wasn't spoiled everything about the game.
>>
>>29904355
I'm down to play the game and see if I like it firsthand. There is information regarding them I wish had turned out differently, but I think giving it a fair shot after looking forward to these games for a while won't kill me.
>>
>>29905617

I feel pity to anyone who supports this garbage company after leaks for this gen, even trainers customization is fucking shit comparing to xy... not to mention ridiculously bad optimization for 3ds... this game company is cancerous...
>>
>>29905650
So why play the games?
>>
I have sun and moon on both my o3ds and o3ds xl.

Finished Sun today.

Still buying both games because i like to collect stuff.
>>
>>29904647
Yes it is. You save money watching the game and you get to experience it. I watch many LPers and it's way more enjoyable than spending money on games.
>>
>>29904507
Fuck, you're a fag.
>>
>>29904355
I am because I'm an apologist and I will keep throwing Gamefreak my money as long as they keep making Pokémon games regardless of how shit they are.
>>
I'm buying the games so they'll continue making games in the future. Pirating the game I can only understand if you also buy a digital or physical copy.
>>
Shiny hunting.
>>
>>29905753
This is what poorfags actually believe.
>>
File: sleepy chicken chan.jpg (165KB, 1000x752px) Image search: [Google]
sleepy chicken chan.jpg
165KB, 1000x752px
>>29905749
What did you think of it though? Is it just /vp/ being /v/ or is it too over casualised and linear?
I'll pick it up anyway since I do enjoy Pokemon but over than cute Chicken hat chan and it being Hawaii I'm not hearing much I like.
>>
>>29905340
No you didn't because if you did you would hate how the game is Hau and Lillie the story, while you just play battle sim on the sidelines
>>
>>29904355
ITT: People with zero self-restraint and materialistoc tendencies.
>>
File: 1456586371518.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1456586371518.gif
2MB, 500x500px
I am because I like Pokemon and it looks fun
>>
the game is FUN stop shitposting, buying both copys just cause fags like you.
>>
>>29905787

> barneyfag responding to himself

Top tism
>>
>>29905833
>there's no way you could disagree with my opinion, so you must be lying.

Jesus, man, are you fucking 5?
>>
I've already paid for it and experience tells me that my opinion always differs from /vp/'s as I've enjoyed every game the board shits on so yeah.
>>
>>29905787
If you don't do this you aren't a true fan.
>>
It's a good game if you pirate it or get it for $40 tops, not full price
>>
>>29904355
I ain't discovered shit. I've heard a bunch of people talking shit and being their typical selves on this board, but I still want to play the damn games myself and I plan to enjoy them to their fullest. Even if they aren't perfect, they took a step in the right direction and changed up the game formula drastically. If they didn't nail it right out of the gate, oh well. I still want to show support for the risk they took and show that I want them to continue improving the available features in this way and doing new and different things. Who knows if we're even going to get a third version this gen, but if we support them enough, we might just see one with drastic improvements, and if there's a remake this gen then even more goodness in an amazing-looking game engine compared to XY.
>>
Traded in some old playstation games and got enough credit to get a free copy of sun or moon. I went with moon, because why not.

I know people have their complaints about this game but I'm just going to try to enjoy it. Sure I may dislike something about it but meh. Been playing Pokemon since the beginning and I don't intend to stop now. Shit, Pokemon is what taught me to read. (Toddler when red/blue came out)

I remember when I was 12 or so I felt conflicted about liking pokemon. Even though now it's "cool" to like it there was a time when people would shit on you for it. I also remember thinking about how "could this be the last game? is it over?'. I've learned it's about the ride, and everything good ends one day. Until then, we just have to enjoy the ride.
>>
Don't get the nonstop complaining.. as if there was ever a Pokemon game in which every single thing was perfect and loved. There are always stretches and parts that feel annoying and yet we all finished it and apart from taste GF never released a truly bad Pokemon game.
>>
>>29906187
Complaining gets more done than blindly accepting all the shit GF does. If something is bad you should be vocal about it, especially if you're paying upwards of $60
>>
>>29904355
I'm getting them no matter what. I've been avoiding /vp/ and other outlets relating to Pokemon since they leaked. I did come here once and heard nothing but complaining, but that's what /vp/ likes to do, so I didn't take it to heart. I'm still getting them. I want to experience them for myself and enjoy the new games.
>>
Another great example of shitposting on vp. One would think that this game will tank and 80% of the fans will hate it if you take this board as a reference, but luckily the moaners and shitposters on here will probably just make the very little minority who will hate on the game while Nintendo will rake in sales close to 20m once more. Gonna buy both copies, btw ;)
>>
>>29905749
It is linear, but XY was worse imo.
The second island really fucked me up and i thought "fuck, this really doesn't feel like Pokemon anymore and its really fucking weird"

But it got better with the third island and i overall enjoyed the game. Would have been better if i wouldn't have spoiled myself the ending.
>>
>>29906257
meant to quote >>29905818
>>
>>29906224
lol. Complaining doesn't change shit, kiddo. Formulate proper criticism, collect signatures, start petitions that will change something.
For every Pokemon game that gets released I tend to write a 1-2 pages long essay what I liked about the game and what not, how it could be improved. Received a response from GF once, as well. They like properly formulated criticism. Everybody likes it. Shitposting however? They don't care.
>>
I will buy it and play in either French or German, it gets a bit of extra fun trying to figure out Pokemon names in another language I'm learning.
>>
>>29905753
>Yes it is. You save energy watching the bull and you get to experience it. I watch many bulls fuck my wife and it's way more enjoyable than using my own energy on her.
>>
>>29906298
you are on the autism spectrum and need professional help
>>
>>29904355
I am because the 100+ hours I normally get out of a pokemon game is mostly made up of breeding and crafting a competitive team.

as long as the game has online battle formats i'll get my moneys worth.

i've heard there is no way to grind exp post-game though, true or false?
>>
>>29905753
I don't know man, I've watched a lot of LPs and it's far, far different from playing the game. You get the story, but actually playing it yourself is totally different.
>>
>>29906352
Do you even know what autism is?
>>
>>29906257
>fuck, this really doesn't feel like Pokemon anymore and its really fucking weird
Not gonna lie, This part has me a little nervous. From trailers/comments here it does seem like they have strayed a little too far.
I still think I'll pick it up day 1 since my friends will all be playing it and so long as it does pick up I'll be happy.
Thanks anon!
>>
>>29906352
he's right though, complaining literally doesn't do anything more than "blindly accepting everything gf makes"
I don't know if you genuinely think you're helping by shitposting about how bad the game probably isn't, but at most you'll get some people who agree with your points and then you guys will shitpost about the people who like the game "sucking gf's dick, eating up everything they shit out" etc, etc
in short; don't try to justify your shitposting its uneccesary
>>
File: 1478941855855.png (127KB, 402x242px) Image search: [Google]
1478941855855.png
127KB, 402x242px
>>29904355
Because I like having Physical copies of Pokemon games. I pre-ordered months back and have a hacked 3DS so I've already played Moon. I'm just gonna dump my file to the physical cart.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.