[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With the way megas are being treated, should we not expect anymore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault (5).jpg (244KB, 1687x950px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (5).jpg
244KB, 1687x950px
- No new ones introduced in Gen 7
- Pushed to the post game
- Not allowed in tournaments
- Z-moves basically taking away their job
- Dark Pokedex entries as to make you feel bad for using them

Bloody hell did they get cucked. I think GF wants to forget about they ever existed. Good job after promising every mon would get one yet only giving them to the most popular. Retards.

Think. Things. Through.
>>
>>29900518
>Dark Pokedex entries as to make you feel bad for using them
What?
>>
>>29900539
someone probably has it saved but the dex entries describe the transformations as harmul for the pokemon, turning them into mindless beasts and making them suffer
>>
>>29900564
Except Gyarados, Absol, Sableye and Pinsir.
Gyarados goes brainded.
Absol literally only gets megafluffly.
Sableye loses the ability to do sharp turns but can use his gemstone to halt any attack.
Pinsir goes into a manic murder spree, but it makes him happy.
>>
Honestly, these things just feel too edgy. Like a teenager gave them some tips to make everything spiky, with dreads, surpass their limits.

Such a dumb and stupid concept. Forms are way to go, and such a shame that these too were cucked this gen. Fuck Game Freak, to be honest, They can't get anything 100% right, can they?
>>
>>29900518
>- Z-moves basically taking away their job
only partially, you have to decide between a 1 time boost/nuke VS a permanent upgrade. The better solution will probably be running both on different pokemons (baton passing said boost to a mega will probably be a thing).

Btw I feel like they'll introduce new megas in Gen 4 remakes, it's an easy marketing tool and the only way to mix things up when you can't introduce new pokemons.
>>
>>29900564
Literally no one with a functional brain believes dex entries anyways.
>>
When did they say every Pokémon would get a Mega? Even assuming you mean every fully evolved Pokémon, they still never said that.
>>
They should really just retcon megas into forms for powerful ones like salamence or megamom and alternate evos for sucky megas like absol and ampharos
>>
It definitely feels like they're being both demonized and shoved to the side. Annoying as hell, especially considering we have Mega evolutions for Kanto and Hoenn starters only, but none of the others.

>>29900539
>>29900564
http://pastebin.com/FfXdLLTZ and http://pastebin.com/nJnhdbmg
Some are pretty contradictory between versions, though, like Kangaskhan.
>>
>>29900518
so whats the story reason behind the dark pokedex?
>>
>>29900677
Fucking hell these are the edgiest Pokedex entries we've ever had.
>>
>>29901560
There's that joke about how the Pokedex entries were clearly written by ten-year-olds who have no idea how physics and biology works, right? These were clearly written by the same kids after they turned into edgy twelve-year-olds.
>>
>>29900518

I'm pissed they didn't at least give us a few more.
>>
>>29900518
I wouldn't say we'll never see new ones, but if we ever do, they will be few and far between. Starters and fan favorites are likely to be the only ones, if any, to get megas again, and I would only expect to see them in remake games. So, if you were hoping for a mega to save a below average mon in the future, it probably won't happen again.
>>
>dark pokedex entriez
Been out of the loop, can anyone explain please?
>>
It retcons what it does to be more accurate to how the anime portrayed it. If you don't have a good enough bond with the Pokemon, the power influx makes them go MAD. The bond is there to stabilise the power inflow. Makes sense to me.
>>
>>29902496
Mega evolution broke Glalie's jaw, melted Garchomp's arms into scythes and that made him go crazy, Alakazam's muscles have totally atrophied, Gyrados's destroyed parts of its brain and it has no emotion other than anger, stuff like that.
>>
>changed the MegaEvo mechanic to buff M-Pidgeot,M-Beedrill,M-Banette and others
>Red, Blue and all old famous trainers MegaEvolve in battle tree
>bothered to nerf M-mom when it can't be used in VGC
Nah, they are here to stay
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.