[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looker Speculation Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: looker.jpg (49KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
looker.jpg
49KB, 800x450px
So where does SM take place in the timeline of this realities games? (SM/XY/ORAS take place in another dimension to all games prior)

I think definitely after XY because we have Zygarde research happening, and looker is fine in those games.

In ORAS, looker is washed up on a beach with few remaining memories, like Anabel's backstory for this game. Anabel remembers "defending a tower" which refers to the RSE battle tower, which hasn't been constructed in ORAS.

Looker is also fine in SM.

Zinnia says something about what if the alternate dimension didn't have the technology to stop the meteor, and they don't. You had to use M-Rayquaza to stop it, there are no megas in the RSE timeline.

My theory is that the ORAS looker and the SM Anabel are from the original timeline of RSE, which was destroyed by the deoxys meteor.

So with the lack of postgame stuff in ORAS, we don't know if this timeline has an Anabel, but I think we might have two lookers, one of which is from the RBY/GSC/RSE/DPPt/BWB2W2 timeline.

I want to get this all sorted out with theories before I even start thinking about what the fact that we can travel between the sun and moon dimensions means.
>>
File: looker1.jpg (30KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
looker1.jpg
30KB, 400x240px
So where does SM take place in the timeline of this realities games? (SM/XY/ORAS take place in another dimension to all games prior)

I think definitely after XY because we have Zygarde research happening, and Looker is fine in those games.

In ORAS, looker is washed up on a beach with few remaining memories, like Anabel's backstory for this game. Anabel remembers "defending a tower" which refers to the RSE battle tower, which hasn't been constructed in ORAS.

Looker is also fine in SM.

Zinnia says something about what if the alternate dimension didn't have the technology to stop the meteor, and they don't. You had to use M-Rayquaza to stop it, there are no megas in the RSE timeline.

My theory is that the ORAS looker and the SM Anabel are from the original timeline of RSE, which was destroyed by the deoxys meteor.

So with the lack of postgame stuff in ORAS, we don't know if this timeline has an Anabel, but I think we might have two lookers, one of which is from the RBY/GSC/RSE/DPPt/BWB2W2 timeline.
>>
File: 1453353908919.png (256KB, 845x477px) Image search: [Google]
1453353908919.png
256KB, 845x477px
>>29898778
>Generations Looker
>Ashnime Looker
Which one is the Faller?
>>
>>29898778

We still also don't know who the character was that was killed by a UB the last time Looker and Anabel were at Alola.
>>
>>29899433
ASTER
S
T
E
R
>>
File: Battle Frontier in ORAS.png (2MB, 978x648px) Image search: [Google]
Battle Frontier in ORAS.png
2MB, 978x648px
>>29898778
>My theory is that the ORAS looker and the SM Anabel are from the original timeline of RSE
NO you dense mother fucker

There is nothing to hint that fallers are not megauniverse native. ORAS Looker was carrying a megastone, so he's megauniverse native (he just went from Omega Ruby universe to Alpha Sapphire universe and vice versa), same as Mohn and the MC. So stop saying SM Anabel is Emerald Anabel, there's another Battle Frontier in Hoenn in the megauniverse, even if was not in ORAS.

also
>which was destroyed by the deoxys meteor
Yeah no. RSE happened several years before DPPt and BW. Nothing happened to the RSE universe.

Timeline:

Classic universe
RGB -> classic Hoenn? -> GSC -> classic Sinnoh? -> classic Unova? -> classic Unova 2? -> classic Kalos? -> classic Alola?

Modern universe
FRLG -> RSE -> HGSS -> DPPt -> BW -> BW2 -> non mega Kalos? -> non mega Alola?

Mega universe
mega Kanto -> ORAS -> mega Johto -> mega Sinnoh -> mega Unova -> mega Unova 2 -> XY -> SM

Between "mega Kanto" game and ORAS, Looker was "abducted" from A-megauniverse to B-megauniverse. Between ORAS and SM, Anabel was "abducted" from A-megauniverse to B-megauniverse, in the past, Mohn was "abducted" from A-megauniverse to B-megauniverse and finally during the SM postgame the MC goes freely from from A-megauniverse to B-megauniverse.
>>
>>29898778
>SM/XY/ORAS take place in another dimension to all games prior
Asspull.
>>
>>29898778
So did they just forget that he was supposed to have a fucked up accent after Platinum or did they realize it was a dumb idea to begin with?
>>
If we're going down the multiple continuity rabbit hole wouldn't the easiest thing to explain be that each game is set in a slightly different universe?
>>
>>29899591

What caused Looker and Anabel to lose their memories?

I don't think the mega universe's SM can come after ORAS because otherwise Looker would have mentioned something about either him being a faller, or there being another him that is.

If SM doesn't take place after ORAS, then the battle frontier was never completed, so how can Anabel remember being a frontier brain?

I agree with a lot of the points you made, but I think there's still something missing.
>>
>>29899654
He had a fucked up accent in Platinum because he was trying to speak Japanese and it was coming out terrible because he's a westerner. All the games after Platinum take place outside the Japanese regions so there's no problem and he can imitate the native accent more easily.
>>
File: 1466261326842.png (31KB, 640x284px) Image search: [Google]
1466261326842.png
31KB, 640x284px
>>29899664
>What caused Looker and Anabel to lose their memories?
Excess of ultraenergy by spending too much time in the ultraworm hole. Probably.

>I don't think the mega universe's SM can come after ORAS
Literally who cares, the timeline is a fact
Kanto and Hoenn are conected (Sevii islands and that shit), 3 years later Johto and Sinnoh (Johto's red Gyarados news in Sinnoh), a lot of years after that, BW happened (Cynthia talks about Platinum MC in BW), 2 years later BW2, in XY the old Team Plasma and Colress are mentioned. Finally Sina and Dexio talks about XY protagonist in SM. Also pic related
>>
>>29898778
We already have an established timeline.

Kanto + Hoenn > Johto + Sinnoh > Unova 1 > Unova 2 + XY > SM

No matter which universe we're talking about, this is definite, objectively true timeline.
>>
>>29899771
>>29899801

Alright, I get that now.

So how come looker never mentions the fact that he is likely a faller himself and lost his memory?

In ORAS is where the faller Looker comes from, if we assume this is the same Looker in SM, that means that Anabel showed up a while later because Looker was already in the international police before she was found.

If they are just switching worlds between S/M or OR/AS, then why didn't people already know who Anabel was? This to me implies that she wasn't a frontier brain in the timeline she fell into, but was in the other. Or am I confused somehow?
>>
how did they even end up in the wormhole?
their universe fucked with the Ultra beast - got attacked by them and they got sucked when the UB's leave?
>>
>>29898778
>(SM/XY/ORAS take place in another dimension to all games prior)

Stop reading here
>>
>>29899801
Then explain the Alolan hiker in XY telling us about a champion we wouldn't believe
>>
>>29899877
>"So how come looker never mentions the fact that he is likely a faller himself and lost his memory?"
Yeah, why a international police agent doesn't share ALL of his classified info about interdimensional travels with 11 year old kid?

>then why didn't people already know who Anabel was?
Anabel being not recognized is your assumption, the game never states that. Why would the international police allow a second Anabel living without even using a codename? There's only 1 Anabel in all universes.
Ruby-Anabel is in Ruby universe.
Sapphire-Anabel is in Sapphire universe.
Emerald-Anable is in Emerald universe.
Moon-Anabel is in Sun universe.
Sun-Anabel is in Moon universe.

>>29899971
>a champion we wouldn't believe
A Island Challenge Champion, not a regular Pokemon League Champion.
>>
About Looker, the MC is a faller too, but he didnt fall to another universe, why this should be different for Looker? it just means he used the portal
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.