[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your verdict on the game, for those who've played it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1473179850922.jpg (44KB, 458x458px) Image search: [Google]
1473179850922.jpg
44KB, 458x458px
What's your verdict on the game, for those who've played it?
>>
>>29889882
It's shit
>>
It manages to be even worse than XY. It will bomb horribly and Ohmori will get fired.
>>
File: vidya hall of shame.png (1MB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
vidya hall of shame.png
1MB, 800x1200px
>>29889924
>>29889927
Absolutely correct. Feels good to have everyone agree with you for once.
>>
>>29889927
why are you showing up everywhere
>>
It's good but flawed
>>
>>29889924
>>29889927
>>29889957
next level samefagging

stop showing up in every thread
>>
>>29889957
>Feels good to have everyone agree with you for once.
>everyone is two people
Is this what confirmation bias looks like?
>>
>>29889882
5/10
I don't like visual novels
>>
It was the very essence of ok. You know how Pizza Hut pizza is ok? It's like that.

Basically, the jump from 2D to 3D removed the aspect of adventure because the grandness of the world is no longer left to the imagination. Because of this everything seems small and unremarkable. To drive this inherent flaw home, GF decided to make the game an elaborate visual novel with monster fighting elements. It doesn't make it enjoyable.

It's better than everything else last gen but the Pokemon we know and love is effectively dead. Maybe change is good though.
>>
>>29889994
I'm only the first post

And I haven't even played it I just wanted (YOU)'s
>>
>>29890014
I love visual novels, but only the ones with explicit fucking in them.
>>
>>29889882
5/10 pretty meh for a 20th anniversary game
>>
>>29890148
reminder that dp were the 10th anniversary games and they are the worst games to date
>>
>>29889882
5/10 sounds like a fair score.

Linear, frame rate drops, excessive cutscenes, story's not even about you.

It drags on and on for almost 20 hours. I'm so burned out, usually I finish Pokemon games in a single session, but it took 3 days for me to finish this one because it's so tiring.

Somehow worse than XY for me.
>>
>>29890211
This, especially the bit about it being tiring. I can normally shoot right through a Pokemon game, but this game was legitimately tiring. Nothing to do, they tell you exactly what to do and where to go, literal markers on the map pointing you where you need to be, long drawn out cut scenes, etc. Took me 3-4 days to beat the game simply because of how boring it was
>>
Just beat the league and caught tapu koko, overall it's an 8/10 imo
If the post game is non-existent it's probably going to be a 7/10 for me
>>
Better then XY in certain areas but worse in others. I'm not nearly as excited for competitive this time since there's not a lot that will shake things up. Maybe terrain will be good but I doubt it. Z moves might be nice but I see that shit getting banned in singles for making HO too good by allowing them to delete walls. Megas were a much better addition in my opinion.

But for the game itself instead all the shit that will come later, I'm enjoying my time with it. The way that it's better than XY is that it's the same level of on-rails but instead of annoying little shits being the drivers of the story we get a qt 3.14, Barry 2.0, the best professor since Rowan, edgemaster, and an entertaining enemy team. I liked Team Flare in XY but they were the only part of the story that I liked, so having it be enjoyable throughout is a huge improvement. I also like the idea of the Totems but they really needed better AI. The Wishiwashi fight was close to being great but instead of prioritizing Heal Pulse the Alomomola just spammed Water Gun like a retard removing it from what could have been an interesting boss fight. Lurantis could have been cool as well but she summons a Trumbeak before the Castform for no reason. The Vikavolt fight could have been scary with a little battery Charjabug sitting there spamming Protect but it just attacked with the Vikavolt so there wasn't much to worry about. The Salazzle fight could have gotten hairy due to the cunt having Nasty Plot, but it's completely invalidated by a ground type. It keeps going on and on. Good ideas, middling execution. A Drayano hack will do wonders for this game by focusing the movesets of the summoned allies to make the boss fights actually difficult.

Pokemon Refresh is a great addition to Amie because it gives you a reason to do Amie. Ride Pager removes all the problems with HMs while not completely invalidating them as puzzles like they did in 5/6.

I'd give it a 6.5/10. Maybe 7.
>>
>>29889924
>>29889927
>>29889957
>>29890014
>>29890039
>>29890148
>>29890211
>>29890285
Holy samefag batman
>>
File: 984256782.png (982B, 106x77px) Image search: [Google]
984256782.png
982B, 106x77px
>>29890656
Child.
>>
>>29890587
Barry was shit, Hau is where its at.
>>
>>29889882
It's good. Framerate is mostly user error issue, played fine for me.(Do't know how it will play on regular 3ds though) A bit linear and a few too many cutscenes, but good overall. 8/10, maybe 8.5.
>>
>>29891251
>user error issue
What do you mean by that? Am I holding my N3DS wrong or something?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.