[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finished Sun, here is my review

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 23

File: sunbox[1].jpg (31KB, 300x268px) Image search: [Google]
sunbox[1].jpg
31KB, 300x268px
Spoiler free review of Sun/Moon without any bullshit.

I'm tired of these cancerous threads where everything is black or white regarding the quality of the game so here is an actual, straight to the point, review of the game for people who don't know if they'll buy it or are looking for a pokemon game to play. I'll judge the game from a casual and a competitive point of view.

TL;DR: Is the game fun? No (most of the time). Are the new mons fun? Yes. Overall: Undoubtedly a bad game in itself but a positive impact on everything else by bringing new mons.

Good points:
- New pokemon are really cool, interesting designs, fun abilities, a few buff and nerfs here and there to shake the meta. You encounter new mons regularly troughout the game.
- Some ingame battles are really fun and challenging.
- The new system replacing HMs is fun.
- Some musics are really good.
- Ultimately it is easier to get perfect IV/EV mons with the new system, however you'll still have to roll natures and use breeding for egg moves.
- It's fun to discover the various effects of Z-Moves by yourself.
- You get a bunch of weird items and mons easily.

Cont.
>>
>>29888772

Part 2:

Bad points:
- No exploration at all, you discover 95% of the game by walking from a quest marker to another, all places are very linear, even if you force it you simply can't walk around.
- No atmosphere, morose graphic and colors, no place stands out (locations don't have an identity) in this game except maybe 2 small location. A sad blurry brown and the small copy/paste tile for the sea is what I remember the most when thinking about the game, it's a nightmare, I'm not exaggerating. Even footseps in the sand and snow are bad.
- Very laggy, always laggy during doubles and often laggy when there are aura effects. Laggy during snap (photograph) mini-game.
- Small loading times add up and are very annoying (entering/exiting a cutscene, beginning/ending a battle, loading times between areas and very fragmented small areas creating lot of small fade to black loading times, like enteting a building)
- A lot, A LOT of unskippable cutscenes using the game engine (not pretty).
- The game needs more useless stuff. Here everything is in the trail of the main storyline. We need lore, we need average people just living, more life in the game. Fun mini-games and more content overall.

---

All in all I would really recommand any of the 2D game you didn't play instead of this one. If you are really burnout with the previous generations the new mons are cool so try making a team with only new things (Z-moves etc.). Unfortunately you can't skip the main story line and once the shackles are removed there is almost nothing left to explore...
>>
>>29888772
>>29888783
The Sun .cia isn't even out yet, but nice try, fuccboi fagatron.
>>
>>29888880
Dis nigga for real?
>>
>>29888880
I won't even insult you.

Here is the fucking link.
http://www.3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/277550-gd-mega-pokemon-sun-moon-reg-multi9-cfw-gateway-spoof-cia-3ds.html?highlight=pokemon

No back to the reviews. Don't hesitate to share yours and tell if you agree or not with mine.
>>
>>29888783
Shut up, fegit
>>
>>29888772
>Cont.
What did you call me?
>>
File: boredom.gif (619KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
boredom.gif
619KB, 500x283px
>>29888772
>>29888783
Just finished Moon and I 100% agree with you Anon.

This game is so railroaded and easy a 5 year old could beat it.
>>
>>29889177
This may surprise you, but the target audience are 5 year olds, dipshit
>>
File: pep.jpg (24KB, 495x495px) Image search: [Google]
pep.jpg
24KB, 495x495px
>>29889236
You Moron it clearly says PEGI 7 on the cover.
>>
i'm at the elite 4 and would agree with OP's review. in fact, I'd be harsher.

the only worthwhile part of the game is the stretch from the aether foundation to poni island and the ultra space. the first three islands are ultra-linear garbage.

trials are uber-shit compared to gyms. that was a huge misstep right there.
>>
File: vidya hall of shame.png (1MB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
vidya hall of shame.png
1MB, 800x1200px
>>29889396
>>29889177
>>29888783
>>29888772
Say it with me now.

B L U N D E R H O
>>
File: 1476373745162.jpg (74KB, 1543x1360px) Image search: [Google]
1476373745162.jpg
74KB, 1543x1360px
>>29889438
My blunder of the year award still goes to No Man's Sky.

SuMo was alright even though it's a bad Pokemon mainline game.
>>
>>29889488
>No Man's Sky.
NMS didn't shit on a 20-year legacy and wasn't literally unplayable like SuMo was.
>>
Has anyone figured out how to evolve alolan meowth? Leveling it up to 40 di nothing
>>
>>29889519
>game crashes every 5 minutes
>wasn't unplayable

lol ok
>>
>>29889396
this so much, entire game feels like a legitimate waste of time, granted games are designed to waste time, but this actually reinforced that fact and makes you feel like shit for actually wasting your time on it
>>
>>29889309
>>29889236
>Rated E for everyone
Gee, I wonder why these games are easy.
>>
>>29889519
SM literally crashes in the opening cutscene and when you beat the E4 for most people.
>>
>>29889519
(You)
>>
>>29889396
For real? And here I was thinking that the overworld would be a blast to explore.
>>
>>29889552
yeah, first 15 hours are a pure time sink.

the worst was that even though you're travelling with these characters, ever 5 steps they have to animate them coming in and saying hi again. jesus game freak, just let them all travel together like a normal rpg if you're going to do this.
>>
>>29889586
Why are you basing how much a game crashes by how it runs on an unfinished emulator?
>>
File: the future of SuMo.png (57KB, 1089x765px) Image search: [Google]
the future of SuMo.png
57KB, 1089x765px
>>29889593
See >>29889648 >>29889656 >>29889552
Literally nobody likes SuMo and genuinely wishes for it to tank so that the series can rest in peace.

Fuck off NOA employee.
>>
>>29889731
>mass effect 3 isn't on the list
lolwat
>>
>>29889731
Where's No Man's Sky?
>>
File: 1462034594620.png (479KB, 657x654px) Image search: [Google]
1462034594620.png
479KB, 657x654px
>>29888783
>>
>>29889648
so did i, and i couldn't have been more wrong. there has never been a more linear mainline game.
>>
>>29889438
Why do you keep posting this stuff on /v/ and /vp/

How autistic are you?
>>
>>29889809
No Man's Sky has more exploration than Pokémon Sun & Moon
>>
>>29888772
I think the lesson we can all take from this is that Digimon is superior
>>
>>29889831
Yeah that's exactly the stages I went through when I had to go through 1 hour of cutscene to get my fucking starter. Only to realize that the cutscenes would keep on going until the very end. Never free.
>>
File: double standards.png (581KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
double standards.png
581KB, 1200x600px
>>29889838
>Why do you keep posting this stuff on /v/ and /vp/
We're just trying to set the record straight with the shills. Our opinion is now the overwhelming majority and there's nothing you can do about it.

>>29889849
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>29889884
yeah. i thought it would be just the first island, but it NEVER stops. it's so fucking bad.

when the story gets interesting for two hours it's okay. but that's two hours of a 20 hour story.
>>
>tfw you really enjoyed the game
>tfw it's your personal favorite out of all of the main series
It's a shame to know it's probably objectively mediocre at best, but at least I enjoy it, right?
>>
>>29889045
OP said you're a cunt, anon. So bad of him.
>>
>>29889557
.....You're joking right? Some of the most difficult challenges in gaming come from E rated games.

>M for mature means it's a hard game for manly men like me

Sure buddy, sure...
>>
>>29889557
Mario Brothers Lost Levels was also rated E you fucking shill.
>>
>>29889884
i'm gonna reset until i can get modest female sea lion, how fucked am i ?
>>
>>29889947
I have no problem with you enjoying it, anon. Glad you did. But I'd struggle to see what you liked about it.

I just don't like the blatant defending of the game by tons of people who haven't played it. I also don't like that the game isn't compared to other RPGs, just other pokemon games. There are other RPGs on the 3DS that blow this shit way out of the water.
>>
>>29889906
>it NEVER stops

It. never. fucking. stops.

I had to pause the game several times and do something else to keep find the motivation to play until the end. The new mons kept the game alive but I know for sure I'll never, ever, start another run in Sun/Moon. Simply thinking about the intro gives me nightmare.

>>29889947
I'm actually genuinely interested as to what you found enjoyable in the game, didn't you get annoyed by the small loading times, the lag, the blurry brownish colors etc? What did you enjoy?
>>
>>29889985
>actually thinking lost levels is hard
go back to cod
>>
>>29889947
Your taste is absolute dogshit, but at least you enjoyed yourself.
>>
>>29890002
don't do that to yourself you'll end up in a straightjacket.

just breed one when you get the chance.
>>
>>29890002
You can save before starter choice, but I don't know when the nature of the starter is selected. If the nature is locked at the beginning of the game I bet an arm you won't have the courage to reroll more than 3 times.
>>
>>29890031
>I had to pause the game several times and do something else to keep find the motivation to play until the end.

It's unbelievable, I did the exact same thing as well. Normally I'm interested enough to FLY through pokemon games, but this one, I had to take sold 10-15 hour breaks on average, sometimes an entire day, to find the motivation to beat the game
>>
>>29890084
solid 10-15 hour*
>>
>>29890009
Anon, if we had to compare Pokémon games with other JRPGs they'd all be shit.
>>
>>29890009
>>29890031
Oh yeah, certainly, defending the game just because you like it isn't a good thing. I can definitely see that objectively, it's just not on par with the better Pokemon games.
For me, I actually really enjoyed the cutscenes and the story. I've always enjoyed story-heavy RPGs more, though I do admit it was a lot for a Pokemon game. I'd like to see this sort of thing again, but in a much more free way, if that makes sense?
And no, I wasn't bothered by the small loading times or lag. I experience enough of that on my PC that it doesn't bother me anymore.
>>
If /vp/ had poster IDs this thread wouldn't exist
>>
>>29890031
>getting triggered by loading times
Why?

>the lag
People complain about the lag in Gen VI all the time, but I've never even noticed it.
>>
>>29888783
How is the post-game? It sounds like it's just as barren than X/Y.

How did they screw this up so bad anons? Should I get it as someone that's played most of the mainline games? I skipped OR/AS, and I'm not afraid to skip this one too if it's that bad.
>>
>>29890132
i don't agree. back in gens 1 & 2 they were cutting edge for handheld rpgs. that's where the series made it's name.

gen 3 was good for it's era. gen 5 too.

but now they've refused to adapt, refused to change, and they're no longer good games compared to their peers.
>>
still gotta buy it to get the new competitive mons
just need a way to motor through the actual dogshit game (like usual!)
>>
Why are so many people foaming at the mouth with this game?
>>
As someone who's watched all this but hasn't played the game yet would I be right to assume the game is decent to great for people who could stomach the cutscenes and garbage for those who can't?
>>
>>29890168
this
>>
>>29890185
the saving grace is that it's short. 20 hours to beat the elite short. it's not worth the money, but it doesn't take a long time to beat.

but it'll bore you out of your mind.
>>
>>29890132
I've come to realize I only love Pokemon because of childhood nostalgia. Literally none of the games hold a candle to the JRPG greats of the Super Nintendo, PSX/PS2...except for maybe emerald/HGSS. Maybe. If I'm feeling generous.
>>
>>29890188
Anon, there are loads of NES/SNES JRPGs that are miles better than gen 1 and 2. They might have been the best in cutting-edge thechnology, but that doesn't mean they were fun or good or the best in the genre.
>>
>>29890231
You're shitting me right

It's 20 hours? And boring at that? Jesus, the length wouldn't even be an issue if they were FUN hours.
>>
>>29890224
>>29890168
which side do you think is samefagging? as someone saying the game is bad i know i'm not, seems like there's about 4 of us anti-sun/moon guys in here talking
>>
>>29890188
>Gen 5
Unovabortion
>>
>>29890185
Post-game is quite poor unfortunately, It's not that bad but there is definitely a lack of content and it's mainly the extra bit of the story and the battle tower thing (battle tree). As well as a few backtracking stuff (Zygarde cells, legendary mons).
>>
>>29890243
>NES
ehhhhh....

>SNES
Spot on anon.
>>
>>29890203
because it's really disappointing and had a lot of hype behind it?

same reason people get mad at any hyped game.
>>
>>29890243
agree regarding SNES, but i did say handheld

>>29890271
not shitting you, the game has a timer like all pokemon games, i was at 21 hours post-elite 4. the game is so linear that most people will have the exact same clear time.
>>
>>29890308
I know you're never supposed to hype up anything, but damn. This was the 20th anniversary of possibly the biggest pop culture phenomenon..ever. I haven't played it yet, but from what I've heard it's just lazy.
>>
Forgot to mention how difficult the game gets because later in the game most trainers will outspeed you since alola pokemon have low speed.
>>
>>29890271
It's only 20 hours if you just speed through everything. If you don't talk to any NPC, if you don't catch any mons, if you don't switch from your starter (or just focus on one mon), if you don't go back to previous islands to unlock places previously inaccessible because you lacked the ridemons, if you don't battle trainers, if you don't get into random battles, if you don't use amie, if you don't check the pokefes/pokeresort, etc etc etc.
>>
>>29890355
that's exactly what it feels like. lazy.

honestly it feels like they took the planned Z version and realised that they could sell more if they created new levels and pokemon. it feels like gen 6.5 more than gen 7.

the fact that after 5 years they couldn't fix the engine defies belief.
>>
>>29890009
Can you recommend some of those 3DS RPGs, anon?

Looking to branch out a bit
>>
>>29890132
Other JRPGs back then were still recolouring monsters while Pokemon had over 150 unique sprites.

Other JRPGs never gave the player the same amount of freedom as Pokemon, both in character customization and exploration.

Gens 1 and 2 didn't became huge for no reason you know.
>>
>>29890355
that was pokemon go
>>
>>29889236
This may surprise you, but the target audience is ampler than you think.
>>
>>29890368
this is incorrect. i talked to everyone, explored almost everywhere (but without backtracking through areas i'd already been), and caught about 50 pokemon. I used a team of 6 pokemon and focused on them all. and all of that took me 21 hours.
>>
>>29890212
I think so. The only thing that will be shit for both sides is the FPS.
>>
>>29890368
I always get called a shitty gamer for not speeding through my games. They don't know the concept of "bang for your buck"
>>
>>29890368
>if you don't go back to previous islands to unlock places previously inaccessible because you lacked the ridemons

Please. There are maybe 3 small locations like this. You can do it in 10 minutes.

The game is indeed (at least feels) long but only because of all the cutscenes. In terms of actuall content it's really short. You can OS anything with Z-moves and most teams are 1 or 2 mons.
>>
>>29890413
>Other JRPGs never gave the player the same amount of freedom as Pokemon, [...] in exploration
Did you ever play FF6, Lufia II: Rise of Sinistrals or Chrono Trigger?
>>
>>29890333
>mfw I'll be spending less time on SM than I do on most children's platformers
>>
>>29890447
Err, I'm still in the third island, but I had to go back to the first one for some Tauros rocks, some swimming with Lapras in the first island and I've seen some huge stones for another ride in islands 1 and 2. Granted, it won't take hours, but I can't defend people who just speed through the game and cry MUH PLAYTIME
>>
>>29890427
You must be doing something wrong, I got 800 hours out of SS, 300 out of Blk, 500 out of Blk. 2 and I'll be able to get good time out of this one too
>>
>>29890368

>If you don't talk to any NPC
NPC banter has taken a turn for the absolute worst. Not that it was ever good, but every NPC sounds exactly the same to the point where I stopped talking to them.

>if you don't catch any mons
Most the stuff you want has a 5 percent capture rate. This would be fine in an exciting region but alola is bland so injection saves more time.

> if you don't go back to previous islands to unlock places previously inaccessible because you lacked the ridemons
There were barely any notable places and most of them ended up being a waste of time since NPCs gave you better items anyway.

It wasn't...fun. Not bad, but not fun.
>>
>>29890391
That's what I've heard that pisses me off the most. Everything could *potentially* be forgiven, but I swear to god, if the lag is actually still shit tier...I mean come on, the 3DS can run KI:Uprising and KH:DDD well, and those were years ago now
>>
>>29890413
You literally just confirmed that you've never played any JRPG earlier than 2004.
>>
>>29890564
the framerate is better than XY when XY had 3D on, but it's much worse than XY when XY had 3D off. that's what I can't understand.

it must be the trainer models.
>>
>>29889886
>Our opinion is now the overwhelming majority
Majority have not played the game yet, so I'm not sure where you're getting this idea.
>>
>>29890533
>I'll be able to get good time out of this one too

No.

I swear you won't. After finishing the main story which is a succession of quest marker there will be almost nothing left to do in the game. The cutscenes take you through how little there is to explore and every route is blocked while you follow the main story line. I'm not kidding they even made it canon in the story that they put barrier to prevent people from moving as long as they didn't beat the guy of the island, it makes 0 sense, it's not even a funny thing like snorlax in gen I, it's a fucking fence, there are like 10 fences like that throughout the game.

Linear as hell.
>>
>>29888783
So basically Sun and Moon are the Sonic 06 of the franchise.
>>
>>29888772
THIS is the SuMo review I've been looking for. I'm still getting the games for the social aspect, as I promised them not to spoil myself (even though I failed) and I still want to have fun with them.

Otherwise, thank you.
>>
>>29890669
>I swear you won't
Different people have different experiences. You can't assume that everyone will think and experience the same things when you played it, anon/
>>
>>29890212
- No atmosphere, morose graphic and colors, no place stands out (locations don't have an identity) in this game except maybe 2 small location. A sad blurry brown and the small copy/paste tile for the sea is what I remember the most when thinking about the game, it's a nightmare, I'm not exaggerating. Even footseps in the sand and snow are bad.
He really isn't exaggerating. All locations except maybe some trial areas and Olivia's town feel very same-y and lack something that would make them stand out. Personally, I got tired of it on the first island already and knowing that there are still three to go only made it worse. I'm on the thrid one right now and I've been playing since Lurantis leaked Moon.
>>
>>29890645
What, those average looking things that look like they got ripped from star ocean 3 and polished up a bit? God damn Gamefreak.
>>
File: 1455632582380.png (23KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
1455632582380.png
23KB, 500x294px
>>29888772
nice try
>>
>>29890692
Yeah I mean you could say that about a movie and a movie is the most linear thing. But the main story of this game is not comparable to a movie, even a bad one. The set of things you can experience in this game is very limited and I doubt you can enjoy it.
>>
Guess I'll just save my cash for Bro Trip XV--I mean Final Fantasy XV
>>
>>29890466
Try Stella glow, even in a chapter with markers of where to go story wise that game gave us more freedom than Sun and Moon.

Im not kidding, remember unova linearity? This is unova linearity with johto encounter rates and DP slow engine.

Heck unova at least had stuff to explore on its non Bridge routes, Sun and Moon is literally a bunch of bridges with cut scenes every 5 minutes and the cutscenes without your control can last up to 10 minutes in length even if you spam A to get through them.
>>
>>29890748
You can't determine what other people can enjoy or not
>>
>>29890189
Ash Greninja should save you a lot of time.
>>
This happens every fucking release you faggots are going to not like anything no matter what Game Freak does so just save your money already.
>>
>>29890827
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it.
>>
>>29890840
I bet eating your own shit is not enjoyable for most people. It's the same for this game, it's quite a safe bet. Let's not go philosophical here.

I'm glad people are judging the game for what it is and as frivolous as it is I think it's a good thing that this game receive the harsh reviews it deserves.
>>
>>29890368
Dude I spent at least 6 hours hunting for Tokapex and ev training old school, still beat the game in 12 hours top.

It's not lengthy at all.
>>
>>29890896
Wrong. I loved XY, thought ORAS was alright, and hated Sun / Moon.
>>
>>29889947
I'm not getting the game until Friday...I really hope this is just shitposting and not true..:( I really want Pokémon to be good again. I already love most of the designs, but if the actual game sucks then what's the point?
>>
So basically Pokemon's FF13.
>>
>>29890395
Shin Megami Tensei and Etrian Odyssey.
Also virtual console games like Link's Awakening.
>>
>>29890963
Sorry man, I feel you. I like the new mons and wanted a good game but it's not what it is.

To make the experience more enjoyable I would say that you should play by small intervals, like 1-3 hours max and try the new stuff.

Go through the main story line first without exploring anything and enjoy being free of the cutscenes at the end so you can backtrack and explore everything without handcuffs.
>>
>>29890993
Can you recommend where to start with SMT? I'm looking for a 3DS or DS version, preferably.
>>
>>29889586
Dude, are you for real, you're running it on an emulator what the fuck do you expect it's not the official release.
>>
>>29890982
Not really. FF13 is literally linear. There are twists and turns in this game. It's as linear as pretty much all past entries in the series.
>>
>>29890906
Seriously try Stella glow, is an isometric JRPG done right, many joke of it being the best luminous arc on how it managed to top it's predecessor engine wise, it has decent localization, Atlus tier difficulty and godlike Japanese music by godlike Japanese singing voice actresses.

It gets an A+ on story telling and replayability in my book despite it being linear you get to unlock loads of bonuses by carefully investing your time on bonus battles and character interactions.

Sigh Stella Glow is such an underrated Gem.

Now Sun and Moon got a shit ton of pre-orders but a shitty engine and faulty gameplay focused only on its story wich isn't even good by gaming standards.
>>
>people complaining about the story mode they finished in 2 days
>they're still going to spend hundreds of hours cycling in circles
>>
>>29890963
dude no one wanted the game to be good more than me.

the good thing for you is that you now have adjusted expectations and can better deal with the shitty elements of the game.

there IS a stretch of the game near the end that is really, really good. it's worth it for that two hour stretch. don't feel too down.
>>
>>29888772
Thanks, ops. Saving my money and replaying B2W2 till either the third one or when Pokebank is open.
>>
>>29890896
Yeah, no this exact thing has happened every single time a pokemon game has been released since vp was built to contain all the pokemon. They Most don't even hate the game, everytime we do a poll it always comes out positive. Some people just come to /vp/ because htye have no where else to bitch.
>>
>>29891100
you may well be right but my prediction is a strong backlash to this game and the worst ever metacritic.

but maybe not, we'll just have to wait and see.

i do really like the new pokemon.
>>
>>29889519
>Literally unplayable
That's what you get for playing on an unstable emulator. The actual game plays fine.
>>
>>29888772
>>29888783
>Very laggy, always laggy during doubles and often laggy when there are aura effects. Laggy during snap (photograph) mini-game.
>Small loading times add up and are very annoying (entering/exiting a cutscene, beginning/ending a battle, loading times between areas and very fragmented small areas creating lot of small fade to black loading times, like enteting a building)
Just curious, were you playing on new 3ds? Saw a video comparing the demo and atleast it loaded a bit faster on the new 3ds.
>>
>>29891262
OP here, I was playing on original 3DS.

I would actually like to see footage on new 3DS, I have a hard believing it would be any better.
>>
>>29891072
There's no bike route TO cycle in circles for hours, anon.

Not that I've found or heard of, anyway.
>>
Why do people like this always come out when a Pokemon game is released?

People have been screaming "WORST GAME OF ALL TIME POKEMON IS DEAD" for several games in a row and the franchise is still going strong. Sonic 06 couldn't kill Sonic, what makes you think SM will kill Pokemon?

>"L-Literally everyone hates it l-look at these t-t-threads"
More like "my opinion is fact". In other websites people are still hyped despite almost everyone knowing about the game's flaws.
>>
>>29891037
then you don't have many options
IV, then IVA. Then I guess Strange Journey and that's it.
>>
>>29891348
hard time*
>>
>>29890896
>This happens every fucking release you faggots are going to not like anything no matter what Game Freak does so just save your money already.
Did you ever consider "you faggots" is actually a group with wildly diverse opinions, sometimes opposite?

And this happens with any game series, deal with it.
>>
>>29891377
*This is not really directed at OP, just the /v/ shitposters.
>>
>>29891037
Strange Journey or SMT:IV, but I myself only own IV. It's fun but the beginning of the game is the hardest part of the game.
The first real boss can OHKO you if conditions are right.
>>
>>29891157
>my prediction is a strong backlash to this game and the worst ever metacritic.
Also expect it to tank in sales and be universally considered as the worst game of 2016.

>>29891377
NOA employee pls fuck off.
>>
>>29891376
You can literally just taurus circles right next to the egg lady, I've done it for at least 5 hours already
>>
>>29891377
Nobody here is saying the game or the license is dead. It's simply a bad game that's it. Pokemon GO is a bad game too.
>>
>>29891412
>most pre-ordered game in Nintendo history
>tank in sales
>>
>>29891376
is there even a bike? Tauros and Mudsdale are so slow if you aren't pressing b constantly, it's not even worth it
>>
I really like them, almost BW1 tier.
As far as post-GBA first games go I'd say BW > SM > DP > RS > XY.

I completely disagree with the anon saying there is no atmosphere. It's the comfiest region by far, and while the level design isn't consistently as good as the first island it's still really fucking good, the full 3D plus dividing the region into islands allowed for some interesting connectivity between areas.
The regional dex is one of the best ever, it offers good variety while managing to avoid feeling bloated or lacking in theme.
The NPC fights can get actually challenging, totems have thought put into their strategies.

I dunno, I don't get the hate at all (from people who played it that is, I completely get the retarded /v/ shitposting of those who didn't).
>>
>>29891478
Wait, there's full 3D? The demo didn't have it
>>
Japan dont give a shit westernfats opinión, famitsu score only care
>>
>>29891505
I'm talking about the movement and visuals being fully 3D, with no grid at all.

The region is very organic because of that.
>>
>>29891478
Quit shilling you cuck.
>>
>>29891412
Hello my name is Snail, I worked as a translator for Pokemon Sun and Moon and I'm going to drop some leaks here :)))))))

>>29891430
Well I don't know man, I mean, the shitposters always bring up how the new games will tank and whatnot, even if preorders and sales say otherwise. It's mostly just me complaining about shitposting.
>>
>>29891412
>Worst game of 2016
>not No Man's Sky
>>
>>29891516
famitsu scores mean literally nothing
>>
>>29891532
Back to /v/.
>>
File: Oh My Swirls.gif (2MB, 358x202px) Image search: [Google]
Oh My Swirls.gif
2MB, 358x202px
>>29891377
I haven't played it yet. Based on the facts and what I've learned from the people playing the game right now, I've realized this: I will not buy this game at full price, or possibly even at all. As an avid Pokemon fan, I won't put with this bull crap. You can't make a game and cut out most of the content from the previous game and move me to buy it. I didn't buy Yokai Watch 2 because they didn't improve enough on what I wanted, and I won't buy this game for the same reason.
>>
>>29891430
I think a lot of people confuse bad game with unenjoyable game. Which yes that can be the case to some games, but in some cases a game can be bad and a guilty pleasure that's enjoyable.
>>
>>29890368
So for someone like me, that also will do the postgame stuff, some breeding, and online battling, I could get around 100 hours out of it. For someone that doesn't have a lot of time for gaming like the usual /vp/ spergs, then that'll be fine.
>>
>>29891578
That's entirely fine, it's your money so you should be the one who decides if it's worth your time or not.

I personally will try to buy it as soon as possible. I'm not as hyped for it as I was during the first months, but I don't really have anything else to look up this season.
>>
>>29890177
>>the lag
You will this time. Hope you're trainer is cute.
>>
>>29891081
Well at least I have that section to look forward to and doing online battles with the designs I like.
>>
>>29891478
This makes me feel better.
>>
>>29890168
If /vp/ had poster IDs /vp/ wouldn't exist.
>>
>>29891377
>Why do people like this always come out when a Pokemon game is released?
Because it's an old franchise full of staples.

If you change the staples, part of the fanbase will complain the games are not Pokemon anymore.
If you don't change the staples, another part of the fanbase will complain the games are stale and repetitive.

(For GF, the sweet spot is when both groups yell the same.)
>>
>There's a loading screen between a fucking gate you can use walk thru walls to get through without fucking up the game
>>
>>29890949
>I loved XY
Holy shit what's wrong with you?
>>
>>29888783
>No exploration
>No atmosphere

Fuck, this hurts. Those were two of my biggest hopes.
>>
>>29891478
This, but I would call it the best first version released so far, if we ignore GS, because that was a sequel. I would say DP is the best, but it's too slow. GF can do much better though
The only thing that bothers me is the lack of a NatDex
>>
>>29891062
Not the guy you replied to, but I'm downloading the game right now. This better be good.
>>
File: 1475434045465.jpg (22KB, 484x409px) Image search: [Google]
1475434045465.jpg
22KB, 484x409px
I enjoyed it

my only gripe was that a LOT of new Pokemon had low encounter rates
>>
>>29888772
>>29888783

Interesting review. I guess I won't be buying after all, then. I was majorly disappointed after ORAS and it seems SuMo isn't much better.

The post-game sounds pitiful too, which is what I was hoping would be a good feature. I don't want to play a Pokémon game for the story alone because, let's be honest, there's not much of it, and no amount of digi-pokémon human-monster transformation is going to change that.
>>
File: 3e3.jpg (64KB, 600x694px) Image search: [Google]
3e3.jpg
64KB, 600x694px
>>29893042
>wanting to skip cutscenes
>complaining about 1 second load times

nigga what
>>
>>29890271
>>29890333

I've bought both versions of each game since Platinum, and ever since BW, I've rushed every game that wasn't my main and every time, it was around the 20 hour mark. It's definitely going to be more than 20 if you take your time.
>>
>>29891410
SJ is hard as balls, he should start out with either SMT3 or 4.
>>
>>29889438
>posting this same fucking image all day
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/search/image/Vf9l4rkQ8clw7Et3F0nldA/
You need help. Filtering the image MD5.
>>
>>29888880
hhahahahaaahaa its out lurantis leaked it
>>
>>29893272
>>29891410
>>29891410
Alright, I'll start with SMT IV! Thanks guys!
>>
>>29892655
>but I would call it the best first version released so far
how the flying fuck?

the game's by far the worst Pokemon yet, nigga people need BREAKS from how boring it is, it's extremely linear with zero exploration, barriers set up to prevent you from even trying, no post game, horrible framerate, loading times and trials are worst than gyms.

how can you think this game is better AT ALL compared to any other?
>>
>>29893389
He can't because he literally has no argument.

You're absolutely correct, SuMo are the worst Pokemon games and that's a sentiment that everyone on this board shares. Shills will still tell you it's good though.
>>
>tfw i legitimately cannot tell if anyone in this thread is being serious
>>
>>29888783
>The game needs more useless stuff.
lol wut?
>>
File: Cj8_2YHWgAAbWQF.jpg large.jpg (34KB, 546x424px) Image search: [Google]
Cj8_2YHWgAAbWQF.jpg large.jpg
34KB, 546x424px
>>29893466
I'm the one who is serious here
>>
Is there meant to be anything on the bottom screen? Played 15 mins of sun and it's just black, except for when you open menu.

Does it change or are these early cias borked? Seems like there's no 3d either
>>
>>29891412
NOA doesn't do Pokemon, /v/tard.
>>
>tfw Sun and Moon could have been jampacked with content
>Instead they wasted their time with ORAS instead of dedicating more time on Sun and Moon

What they need to is to have 100 new pokemon bare minimum, cities and towns that actually feel alive, interesting gimmicks (Alola forms are good, but they need to be balanced across all generations)

>>29893042
Pirate it if you can, as for buying; absolutely not. Just dick around with some romhacks instead for free instead of wasting money on a game that is a huge letdown.
>>
>>29893566
You're acting like $40 is at all a huge amount of money.
>>
>>29893555
No 3d, but the screen becomes useful when you get Rotom.
Somehow Rotom, just giving some quips and commentaries along with some encouragement, is more likeable than most of XY.
>>
>>29893620
$1 is a huge amount of money. Anything other than free is far too much, considering that every open source game is free.
>>
>>29893620
It's just not wasting money. Better to have $40 than to not have $40 dollars. You would understand this if you were above the age of 18, trust me.
>>
>>29889177
I beat red when I was 6, overleveled blastoise, it was my only pokemon.

I guess things haven't changed a lot then.
>>
>>29890683
Yup.
And what hurts is that sonic never really recovered after sonic 06.
The next game better be good or Pokemon will be dead soon. They won't get too many other chances before people lose interest in the franchise for good.
>>
>>29893652
>>29893669
wow, who knew jews would like japanese anime animals?
>>
>>29893792
>wanting to earn and spend 40 Good Goy Points on a game
Nice try, but the jew here isn't me, but you.
>>
>>29889886

Holy shit I hope you are too crippled or autistic to work, because that is the only excuse you can use for no-lifeing this hard.

You made that unfunny image and have posted it probably over a hundred times on /v/ and /vp/
>>
>>29893820
Do you even know what being a jew means? it's being an usurious, greedy bastard. What you described is literally the opposite of being a jew.
>>
>>29888880
>>29889014
Friendly reminder that this is the average mindset of a SM cuck.
>>
>>29889656
"Hey, ___ here!" I hated this part completely agree
>>
>>29888783
is it laggy on the regular 3ds or the NEW 3ds as well?
>>
>>29893886
No, it means anyone who supports capitalism.
(((capitalism)))
(((money)))
((((((profit))))))
>>
>>29893094
1 second load times are annoying when you've got one every 15 seconds. It adds up man.
>>
File: 1460001146226.jpg (18KB, 483x442px) Image search: [Google]
1460001146226.jpg
18KB, 483x442px
>SuMo
>>
>>29889396
This is what I keep telling people but they don't seem to understand. They're too blinded by the fanatism. Sure thing I understand people want change from gyms, but trials were a bad, boring and pointless replacement of them.
>>
File: 1389637506984.gif (2MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
1389637506984.gif
2MB, 235x240px
>>29893748
Are you me? Did the same thing with Charizard. Didn't understand English well enough to learn how to capture pokemon. Then again i was satisfied for just having my bro charmander with me.
>>
I am confused about something I noticed. How can someone just say that someone is shilling if they like the game while agreeing with someone that the game is absolute trash and then get mad if someone does the reverse? Both sides at times using lackluster and pitiful arguments. Just curious...
>>
>>29893913
Nonsense, jews were considered greedy before capitalism even existed. Being against capitalism because it makes people spend money is greedy. So it makes you a jew.
>>
>>29894011
It's just a bunch of shitposters from both sides.
>>
>>29894011
Confirmation bias.

Everyone who doesnt agree with you is "blinded by fanatism" while everyone who does is "enlightened".
>>
Sorry to post this here. On the first island, how do you get to Kala'e Bay? I nearly done with the second island. Do I need to progress further into the story?
>>
>>29894018
>implying capitalism has ever NOT existed
>>
>>29893909
laggy as shit on the old 3DS with doubles
and I don't mean "spoiled child throwing a tantrum over a single frame" laggy I mean actually fucking laggy as shit and a wonder GF even allowed it

not really critical of it as much as OP so far though (pretty much barely started), beats the shit out of the monotonous snorefest that was XY at the very least and for that I'm grateful enough
>>
Is the Battle Institute in SM?
>>
>>29894134
>implying memearrows are an argument
>>
>>29889534

Friendship, I believe.

may also be time-based.
>>
>>29894150
Someone answer this pls.

Also, does the game have a feature for rematching regular NPCs, like Trainer Eye?
>>
>>29894137
>beats the shit out of the monotonous snorefest that was XY
Trust me, it does not, it's that bad.
>>
>>29894150
>>29894365
No and no.
>>
>>29894420
Truth.

>>29894011
>How can someone just say that someone is shilling if they like the game
Literally name one positive thing about SuMo.

You can't.

>>29894118
Just drop the game like most of us did. For your own good
>>
>>29894448
So you don´t rematch any regular NPCs at all? Are there any additional high level NPCs to make up for this?

And no Battle Institute isn´t that surprising, i suppose...
>>
>>29894466
I have to finish it. That aside, how do you get to Kala'e Bay?

>>29894533
I heard you can rematch important characters.
>>
>>29894466
>Literally name one positive thing about SuMo.

The Pokemon are well designed

The trials are a nice twist on the stale 20 year old shit

Totem Pokemon provide a decent challenge missing from X/Y

Story is much better than X/Y

Characters are much better than X/Y
>>
>>29888772
I really hope these games get the shit reviews they deserve.
Any big reviewer that gives it more than 7/10 has definitely been bribed by Nintendo.
>>
>>29894420
bullshit, XY was just fucking monotonous, it feels like at least the graphics are pretty enough and the routes twisty enough that I don't want to totally kill myself yet, the cities actually feel like cities and the prop design is decent though not as autism-pleasing as gen 6

how the fuck can this be worse than a few collections of desolate cucksheds and a boring as fuck """city""" whose GDP breakdown is seemingly 95% cafes and cafe accesories?
>>
>>29894570
>Any big reviewer who has a different opinion has been bribed

>Wah wah wah

Cry more fag
>>
>>29888880
ANON GOT ASSBLASTED LMFAO
>>
>>29889438
S E E K H E L P
>>
>>29889586
>This game crashes on an emulator, what a piece of shit

Are you some kind of retard?
>>
>>29888772
I swear it's like Game Freak has discovered basic video game features like cutscenes, item drops, and side quests and is going through the growing pains literally everyone else has outgrown
>>
>>29894594
>thinking video games company don't pay reviewers
Don't talk shit if you have no idea how the industry works.
>>
File: d2759.png (428KB, 987x563px) Image search: [Google]
d2759.png
428KB, 987x563px
>>29891377
>Sonic 06 couldn't kill Sonic
>>
>>29894593
Cities in Sun and moon LOOK bigger but they're emptier than ever.

To give you an idea, Paniola town has exactly ONE enterable building other than the Pokemon center. And a bunch of un-enterable ones.
>>
>>29894855
shit I didn't even notice it, I've been fast-forwarding through trying to get a fucking Eevee to calm my autism
>>
>>29894118
>>29894118
Anyone?
>>
>>29894833
But it didn't senpai

When it comes to sales, Sonic is no golden goose anymore but some of the recent games have done well like Generations and Colors.

Reputation-wise Sonic was bound to become a joke sooner or later since we already had stuff like Shadow the Edgehog.
>>
>>29894570
>I really hope these games get the shit reviews they deserve.
And they will.

>>29894656
Tell that to SuMo shills.

>>29894594
Fuck off NOA employee. Everyone hates SuMo, deal with it.

>>29894564
>The Pokemon are well designed
Objectively false

>The trials are a nice twist on the stale 20 year old shit
Trials are literally worse than gyms

>Totem Pokemon provide a decent challenge missing from X/Y
Is that why most of /vp/ beat this piece of shit using only their starter and spamming the same move over and over again?

>Story is much better than X/Y
Objectively false

>Characters are much better than X/Y
Objectively false
>>
>>29895210
not an argument
>>
>>29895210
Jesus christ fuck off.

/tr/ainer here.

I'm waiting to afford these games and wont be able to likely until December 1st or so.

I've seen releases for B2W2, XY, and ORAS.

I can safely say that the general response to SM is "different" than it was to previous games. B2W2 was split 50/50 with people either loving it or hating it for serious and shitposting reasons. But XY is where the negative side started to really become more prominent and the shitty meme that /vp/ hates everything comes out to play.

The fact of the matter is, the Pokemon games have steadily declined in quality since B2W2. There has been a major sacrifice in post-game content, of which a great deal of players of all ages enjoy and had been previously present in all games "marketed to 5 year olds". Even going back to BW, the games have been becoming incredibly linear and railroaded to the point that Pokemon is fastly becoming a point and click simulator. Combine this with a decreasing amount of content, a dwindling post-game, and a smaller implementation of new pokemon, people are honestly starting to become a bit disappointed in these games.

At this point, I would honestly say that I do not think people are shitposting negative threads about this game more-often-than-not. That being said, anyone who denies that there are positives in the games is shitposting, and /v/ can fuck right back to /v/ with all of their bullshit.

The fact that there is honest discourse about these things should be speaking magnitudes about the quality of SM considering the absolute detritus of higher conversation during the hype period.
>>
>>29895397
>anyone who denies that there are positives in the games
Except there is literally nothing positive to say about SuMo, and if you were a real /tr/ainer then you would be boycotting like the rest of us.
>>
>>29895491
Muh one true scotsman.

People are saying they enjoy the pokemon. People are saying they find the region comfy.
People have said positives about this game and to be such a divisive fuckhead is cancerous. People can enjoy other things you autistic twat. Or have you missed the entire fucking point of two pokemon versions?

And above all else, YOU GOTTA CATCH EM ALL. So boycotting it is denying catching them all, and is thus a bannable offense. You dont have to pay for the games, you can still pirate them. But a real /tr/ainer would be giving the game shit but still catch them all because a real /tr/ainer doesn't back down from a challenge, no matter how unsavory it is.
>>
>>29895491
kys fag
>>
File: kys..jpg (34KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
kys..jpg
34KB, 400x400px
>>29895491
>SuMo
>>
File: Amigento.png (270KB, 800x893px) Image search: [Google]
Amigento.png
270KB, 800x893px
People who have beat the game already, can you get Type Null/Silvally during the maingame or is it strictly postgame?
>>
I can't wait for all these non-believers to actually play the games until about the first trial and see what this is. Feels like very modern Hollywood game, where it's nothing but cutscenes, graphics that indeed lag especially during doubles (N3DS here), trials replacing gym leaders means it's like a different franchise, 5 unrelated pokedex instead of national dex, less customization than XY - only will seem bigger if you include the ability to dye your clothes, removal of mini games in pokemon amie, removal of contests, islands themselves look very small, everyone has only 1 or 2 pokemon max, yes there can be challenging battles but they are maybe 3-4 in the whole game max. Only good things are better coloful graphics and removal of HMs.

This is coming from someone who was excited like a little kid for these games, who has been playing since red and blue.
>>
Jesus Christ the shit posting in this thread is at an all time high.

Absolutely anyone who says anything positive instantly gets called a shill and is objectively "wrong".

This being the worst game ever is a complete joke. Easily better then both oras and xy.
>>
>>29895710
It's /v/.

People in this thread have been very fair in the criticisms being that they have given props to it in regards. But it's hardly shitposting at an all time high.

People disagreeing with you isn't shitposting. Shitposting is shitposting. Level-headed discussion and discussion with accompanying higher thought processes is not shitposting, that's called a discussion.

Since I haven't gotten the game yet, why makes it better than both ORAS and XY?
>>
File: SunandMoonPoll.png (19KB, 546x530px) Image search: [Google]
SunandMoonPoll.png
19KB, 546x530px
Just gonna leave this here
>>
>>29895756
Since when is "fuck off shill" "get out noa employee" and spamming "objectively wrong" with no reasoning good discussion?
>>
>>29895806
I voted 9/10.

I was going to vote 8/10 because of the light postgame but then I took a step back and compared it to other first pairs of each gen and realized I was piggybacking ORAS/XY's supposed third game expectations into it, then realized I wasn't being too fair with it and bumped it up a notch because I really enjoyed the main story and the region.

It still sucks that they didn't make every trial captain battleable though, it triggers my autism really hard.
>>
just beat it. this fucking party is taking forever. also be warned - legendary pokemon outta nowhere in the middle of the pre-credits party

game is shit, btw. worst mainline game by some distance.
>>
>>29895806
Oh wow, a poll that people can spam from an easily manipulated website depicting only 400 people.

That means nothing.

>>29895836
It's not, and that's my fault for not mentioning that above. Sorry bout that. I'd argue that there are a small handful of shitposters who are saying inflammatory things for the sake of being """trolls""" but I've felt that this has been pretty level-headed aside from those individuals.

>>29895846
Why that score?
>>
>>29895806
When was this made? I really enjoyed the game the first 2 days but then it became a drag just to finish. The way this is going I will assume the first week or so people will love the game saying everyone who critisized it was trolling, but after a week of playing most people will see how mediocre this really is.
>>
>>29895848
Sorry, but if you liked XY more, you have the shittiest taste imaginable
>>
YES! Lillie fucks off finally after you beat the E4!

FREE OF LILLIE FINALLY
FUCK OFF LILLIE
KANTO CAN HAVE YOU
>>
I didn't even finish oras because it was so bad.

What are the chances I like sumo?
>>
>>29895883
i did, for a myriad reasons. have you played sun / moon? what did you even like about them?
>>
>>29895878
Sometime earlier this week.
>>
>>29895210
Saying that it is objectively false doesn't mean jack shit if you don't elaborate. If it is objectively false, show your goddammit objective reasoning.
>>
>>29895909
what do you like?

it's as good as BW1 imo
>>
>>29895867
>Why that score?

How much I enjoyed the game. It's just so fucking polished and I really liked Alola, as well as the regional dex, good variety without feeling bloated and flavorless like XY. I really didn't care for XY at all, this game has a lot more personality to it.
Keep in mind my favorite first pair of games is still BW, which isn't the most popular games, so keep that in mind.
>>
>>29895909
I finished XY in the sense that I beat the elite 4 and never played it again. I didn't finish ORAS either, somewhere midgame dropped although I also played extensively RSE years ago. This game is worse than both XY and ORAS for me, take that as you will.

>>29895883
I liked it more too. Although I'll be the first to say all 3DS games so far have been the weakest in the franchise.
>>
>>29895938
Oras was the first pokemon game ever I didn't finish.

Hoping sumo isn't as shit as this troll thread says.
>>
man they make lillie leaving into something like frodo leaving with the elves, lol. no one is going to give a fuck about that shit woobie character.

thank fuck this is over, finally.
>>
>>29895959
>just so fucking polished
>people complaining about lag nigh universal
I'm going to honestly say, as someone who enjoyed BW and considers White as his favorite game in the series, you're not making sense vis-a-vis the pokedex. Unova redid the entire pokedex. And the pokedex in Alola is marginally larger than the pokedex in Kalos.
This doesn't make much sense anon.

>>29895961
>>29895970
I have yet to do the Delta Episode and I haven't picked up Alpha Sapphire in over a year. It feels like it's going to take some well of inner-strength to find the emotional energy to deal with ORAS, almost like you're putting in more effort just to go through the motions because the rest of the game just isn't there.
>>
>>29895916
>good atmosphere
>interesting region
>some exploration
>trails are a interesting alternative to gyms
>most designs look good
>love the UB lore
>totems can actually be challenging
>EV training is actually faster with double gain
>some interesting characters
>good music

Only flaw I have is how slow it is
>>
>>29896023
Not him, but
>bloated
And
>flavour less
Suggest that unneeded Pokemon are in there
>>
>>29896048
Exactly my point. Those are common complaints about the Unova dex by many people who see the dex as nothing more than a rehash of the original pokedex instead of the attempt to recreate the kanto ecosystem.

Now if they are saying that the regional dex is smaller than Kalos', that's fair, but the way they worded it came across to me as odd.
>>
>>29896023
I'm not getting any lag outside story double battles on my N3DS with L2 overclocking.
What I mean by polish is the overall visuals and 3D, organic world with no grid movement anymore, real scale models, trainers animated in-battle, ball animations, interface changes, various QoA improvements, and a a lot more that adds up.

There's more to the Pokedex than amount of new Pokemon, it's about good type coverage and pacing, as well as thematic relevance (Pokemon have to feel like they belong at whatever area they are found in). XY had good coverage but it felt completely soulless, like they just distributed Pokemon randomly into areas like one of those national dex rom hacks.

BW1 felt nice for having all new Pokemon, but limiting itself to them made it fail in some areas when it comes to type coverage and suffered from a lack of options early/mid game for a lot of types and roles. Didn't help that it loaded so many of its more interesting mons to near the end of the game. But I still loved the game for the fresh experience.
>>
>>29895909
Less than 10%
>>
>>29896025
>good atmosphere
what? there's no atmosphere.

>interesting region
I found the setting good, but the actual level designs that you're running around are so dull and linear. they do nothing with the setting.

>some exploration
no. there is absolutely no exploration. this is the game's problem, for fuck's sake. less than any other pokemon game.

>trails are a interesting alternative to gyms
no they aren't, they're shit tier and far worse than gyms. that fucking shitty electric quiz in the observatory is an adequate replacement for an electric gym? get the fuck out of here.

>most designs look good
if you're talking about pokemon, agreed. they're very good. game nailed this.

>love the UB lore
that part was well done. everything about the UB's and aether corp was the good part of the game.

>totems can actually be challenging
yes, agreed.

>EV training is actually faster with double gain
unsure about this, but most of the game the QoL stuff from XY/ORAS has been removed which sucks. I'll have to see about this.

>some interesting characters
no. just no. lillie and hau are the worst characters i've encountered in an rpg.

>good music
most of it was pretty forgettable, but it wasn't bad. some good tracks i guess.

but fair play for responding. taste is subjective.
>>
>>29896196
>less than any other pokemon game.
what fucking exploration really was there in any 3D era game? going into a bunch of identical houses full of NPCs with like two lines of uninteresting dialogue?

honestly, enlighten me here, because I started on HGSS and maybe I just don't know shit
>>
>>29896131
I appreciate you elaborating more. That being said, you mentioned thematic relevance; do you honestly feel like the choices for the regional dex from outside of Alola are appropriate? For a region based on Hawaii, it seems odd that the distribution is heavily favoring Alolan and Kanto mons, especially when the Kanto influences are more recent than anything, yet that shouldn't be reflected so much in the dex and Kanto should ideally be represented third after Alolan and Unovan pokemon.
>>
>>29896196
That's your fucking opinion, and I just gave mine

No need to sperg out like an autist trying to disprove OPINIONS
>>
>>29896227
Stuff like optional areas or dungeons. XY didn't have many of them either.

ORAS had more because it mostly kept the ones from RSE, but dumbed them down (particularly New Mauville comes to mind)
>>
>>29896259
What the fuck, why are you acting as me?
>>29896196
Thanks, but I absolutely disagree with the atmosphere part, and the trails part. I found more incentive to explore compared to XY and ORAS though
>>
>>29896276
exactly. thanks, that's what i meant.

basically, just being able to strike out in a different direction on a different route, even if you hit a dead end eventually.

in sun / moon, there's NEVER any choice as to where to go. there is no new route / area you can go to until you're supposed to go there in the story, then a couple of postgame routes.

it's pathetic, and pokemon games used to not be like that. there was at least the illusion of some exploration.
>>
>>29896259
i just said at the end thanks for your opinion, taste is subjective. i was being polite, and you freak out. who is the autist here you pathetic corporate shill?
>>
>>29896328
/vp/ doesn't have corporate shills. We have the opposite, we have people who pretend to be Gamefreak employees to fuck with posters with fake game information.

Leave the /v/ attitude back on /v/ anon.
>>
>>29896328
That guy is not me.

I'm not sure why he pretended to be me. My reply is this
>>29896286
>>
>>29896286
ah, that's the real you. apologies for my previous comment. glad you enjoyed the game, shame we disagree.

i'll be very interested to see whether the consensus ends up with you or with me.
>>
File: 1450232052587.png (107KB, 1315x698px) Image search: [Google]
1450232052587.png
107KB, 1315x698px
>>
>>29896352
Did you not enjoy the game at all? You seem to find some aspects enjoyable
>>
>>29896359
SUMO CONFIRMED

B L U N D E R
L
U
N
D
E
R
>>
>>29896371
I know you are a troll, but his complaints (besides the framerate) seems pretty nitpicky
>>
>>29891410
>go fuck up Minotaur with a party with Rakukaja, Sukukaja and 2 Bufu sluts for press turns
>get to his 3rd "phase" with a +3 in defense and evade while he has a -1 in hit
>he uses Charge
>next turn he uses that skill with high critical hit rate but low hit rate
>he hits
>smirk
>party wipe lol
This happened four times in a row now.
I'm starting to believe this shit is scripted and you have to beat him in X turns.
>>
>>29890993

all those games are hot pig shit i can't believe anyone would play them let along that they have such a cult following

>etrian odyssey
>throws up everywhere covering monitor and clothes in puke and bleeding out of eyes
>>
>>29896369
i enjoyed the stretch between the end of the 3rd island and the start of the 4th. it's where the story really kicks off and you feel like you're doing something.

the rest i really did find braindead and boring.
>>
>>29888783
>- No exploration at all, you discover 95% of the game by walking from a quest marker to another, all places are very linear, even if you force it you simply can't walk around.
that's not true

at least by pokemon standards. the game has always been walled off waiting till you get to a certain point and there is a decent amount of shit that isn't required to be explored to progress
>>
When the game showed the UB's dropping from their holes, i expected having to travel to each location to fight them at least. Why wasn't that a thing?
>>
>>29896521
Not to this extent. Most games let you fuck off and do what you want in at least two major locations but Moon didn't let you do anything. I felt contained the entire game.
>>
>>29888772
Didn't read the spam you posted, but I'm curious what people want in "post game."

This game is pretty satisfying, especially the new Join Avenue replacement (which was my favorite part of gen 5) and such, but I'm starting to think people want a game cut in half and the second half comes after the "ending."
>>
Someone just tell me if it's better or worse than X/Y
>>
>>29896611
Worse imo, but the consensus is split.
>>
File: facebook-share-image-usa.jpg (300KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
facebook-share-image-usa.jpg
300KB, 1200x630px
So tell me /vp/, will you really pay for the pokebank to be able to catch 'em all and enforce Rule 5, in lieu of no earlier gens being available otherwise?
>>
>>29896577
I don't care about post-game anymore personally. But judging SM's main game, it's still mediocre.

But you may not feel that way, and that's ok.
>>
>>29896611
XY will always be the worse games
>>
>>29896611
A lot better.
But >>29896655 it's right though, you won't get a "true" assesment yet.
>>
>>29896611
It's better but not good.
>>
>>29896611
About the same. Maybe worse, depending on how much you hate cutscenes every half route.
>>
>>29888772
>morose colors
>no atmosphere
Nigga what this is easily the most colorful and atmospheric game in the series.
>>
>>29896679
Ah ok
I hope I'm not the only one who loved the game, it would be sad to have dead online or no new visitors for my JA.
>>
>>29896577
Give me lots of dungeons, more trainers to battle, more pokemon to see, more things that are open to be discovered.

In past games, you had a plethora of things to do aside from fill a living pokedex. Lately, that seems to be all you really have in pokemon games aside from some half-assed battle frontier. People enjoyed the Battle Frontier for a reason anon, because it was challenging, took effort, was post-game, and because it wasn't something done in an hour or two and provided plenty of replay value. When I say post game, I mean that I want to have plenty of optional things to do aside from make a living dex and have replayable things to do once I am 100% dex completion, or, heaven forbid, do instead of completing my dex.

>>29896670
I've always reserved that Rule 5 was more of a, have you caught them all in your lifetime rule. I can definitely tell you that I have caught every single pokemon over my lifetime, but I dont have a current cart with a 100% pokedex.
>>
>>29896731
If you are basing how popular or liked a game will be based on /vp/ reaction you are retarded. Casuals/nips will play by the metric ton and love it because that's what they do
>>
Where is everyone playing these games?

Did they leak or something?
>>
>>29896611
Infinitely better and easily in the top three of mainline.
>>
>>29896825
Demo
>>
>>29896825
Moon leaked like a week ago anon
>>
>>29896825
you been under a rock? anyone with a hacked 3ds has been playing moon for about 5 days, sun for about 3. maybe more.

and some people are playing it on citra, though that's pretty much a 5fps clusterfuck for 99% of people.
>>
>>29896845
Is there a guide on how to download it?
>>
>>29896740
So basically cut the game in half and leave the other "half" of content after the story like I said for that first part, and the optional stuff like BW2's join avenue, swarms, etc. as the second part?

Going to be brutally honest though, I HATED the battle frontier because I got 2 shinies that I couldn't keep and it ruined the game for young me.
>>
>>29896196
I agree with pretty much everything this post says apart from Lillie and Tau being annoying, which I didn't care for. Then again I'm coming from just finishing Trails of Cold Steel, the epitome of anime cliche rubbish dialogue.
>>
>>29896865
Meh after how bad the 3DS pokemon games have been I haven't bothered with the hype. I was so hype for XY and it was a major failure.

Nothing will ever top BW2
>>
Last island here, it's literally cutscenes the game, if the post game is as bad as everyone said it is, this game is on par with ORAS bad.

Actually scratch that ORAS let me explore and did not waste my time spamming A on cutscenes.
>>
>>29896840
are you stupid? The full games have leaked about a week ago.
This had nothing to do with the demo.
>>
>>29896611
I might be in the minority but XY is better than both ORAS and SM. I hope this is not the case for you though if you will be spending money on this.
>>
>>29896961
>exploring
>pokemon
Did you forget that BW and BW2 are literally giant circles?
>>
>>29896896
Same. I watched the beginning of a let's play video just in case, but I really don't feel like playing it.
Seems tedious more than anything else.
>>
>>29896976
BW is, BW2 was much more interesting map-wise.
>>
>>29897008
>go the opposite direction
wew
>>
>>29896976
Yes actually, if you haven't played the game you have no idea and should fuck off frankly.
There's no caves whatsoever, and by linear I mean quite literally linear, you do not just go one checkpoint to another, most of the time you walk straight on with no obstacle whatsoever.
>>
>>29897023
Caves are shit and there are at least two anyway
>>
>>29896961
Now you're getting it. Delete the game from your harddrive and just boycott.

>>29896896
All we can hope for is that SuMo are universally recognized as the Sonic 06 of Pokemon and tanks in reviews and sales.

>>29896970
>I might be in the minority but XY is better than both ORAS and SM
That's literally the majority opinion. SuMo is so bad it makes XY look like a masterpiece
>>
>>29895491
jesus christ actually end your life right now
>>
So this is what we've come to. Insult the developers that work their fucking asses off to make a game just to have you 40 year old virgins tape it to the cross and treat it as if it was Satan himself. Good fucking job, now go back to fucking your body pillows in your mom's basement, you pricks.
>>
>still replying to the shitposter
It's not even good bait, you're all literal retards. It's the same damn guy using the same "arguments" and blatant lies. At this point, you would reply and argue for hours with someone that said "Grass is super effective against Fire". If only we had mods or something like that. If only.
>>
>>29897076
>a pokemon mainline game
>tanking in reviews or sales
Dude I know jack shit about the game's quality but it's one of the most preordered games in the series and even if it is somehow shitty, they'll be huge sellers anyway because it's FUCKING POKEMON. No Pokemon mainline title sells like shit even if it's vile trash, people have been buying 3DSs and 2DSs solely to play this one game.
>>29897159
bait is too delicious I can't help it
his spam is like a real can of spam.
>>
>>29896772
Yeah I guess. I do like playing with people from /vp/ though and liked exchanging FS here.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (220KB, 1001x651px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
220KB, 1001x651px
>>29897019
hardly
>>
>>29897141
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>29897141
>that work their fucking asses
Well they're just not very good at their jobs then.
>>
>>29891038
I'm with this guy desu, how the fuck can you expect perfect framerate and no crashes on a fucking emulator lmao
>>
>>29894118
Enter a cave nearby (above Kalae bay) and use the new HMs mons, you'll get out in Kalae bay.
>>
>>29890308
>falling for hype
lol people still do this? Or are you guys genuinely underage and you're not used to Pokemon hype?
>>
>>29890564
That's because Gamefreak are incompetent programmers. I'm serious. Iwata coming in and cleaning shit up with Gold and Silver is what allowed them to fit Kanto in.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.