[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Ultra Beasts legendaries?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: ultra-beasts-194764.jpg (95KB, 1001x401px) Image search: [Google]
ultra-beasts-194764.jpg
95KB, 1001x401px
Are Ultra Beasts considered legendaries?

In regards to game design, legendaries have all been very pokemon, and none of them evolve or evolve from something. (Solgaleo and Luunala break this pattern. Are they legendaries, ultra beasts, both, or neither?) And legendaries are one-off Pokemon. You cannot find multiples in the same game. I've heard rumors that anons have found multiples of Ultra Beasts in the game. One anon said they'd caught 4 Pheromosa.

Legendaries are also often involved in the story and lore of Pokemon. They often have incredibly great power, and may be a guardian of some place or have some role or duty. Do Ultra Beasts do any of these things, by which they might be considered legendaries lorewise? Or are Ultra Beasts a separate group of Pokemon that, while unique, are not legendaries?
>>
What is and isn't a legendary doesn't really matter anymore, they blurred the line too much between UBs, stuff like Silvally not being able to breed, and Solgaleo/Lunala having pre-evos.
>>
>>29888114
okay lets make it simple answer these questions
>can you catch 2 of the same kind in the same game
>do their stats exceed 600
>>
>>29888084
Let's see.
The official website states that Solgaleo and Lunala are Legendary Pokémon.
In the story, there's a Cosmog. After the story, there's a second Cosmog. If you keep it in your version and evolve it, it'll evolve into your cover legend, making two cover legends in-game. The intended feature might be to trade with a friend and evolve it in the opposite version to get the other cover legend.
Silvally: Three of them were made. Two are out. One remains frozen. Unknown.
Ultra Beasts: Have not seen anything on multiple Ultra Beasts, so I don't know how many of each are obtainable, if there is more than one.
>>
>>29888646
>yes
>no
>>
>>29888646
Two Cosmog. One is mandatory. The other is your choice. Do you get another Lunala in Moon, or do you trade to a friend to get Solgaleo?
How many Ultra Beasts are there available?
>>
>>29888742
then its solved they are not legends and lore wise they are just regular Pokemon from another world
>>
LOOK AT YOUR FUCKING POKEDEX

Legendary and Mythical Pokemon are marked.
UB are Mythical Pokemon. Learn the difference!
>>
>>29888718
At one point in the game there are lots of Nihilegos everywhere
>>
>>29888718
>>29888767
I thought the second Cosmog evolved into the other version legendary?
>>
Nah you can catch a couple of each kind of UB and their stats are JUST below Legendary tier. Solgaleo and Lunala are just oddities and the sole exception to the 'Legendaries can't evolve' rule. They're still Legendary.
>>
You can take the UBs into the tree, they're not legendary.
>>
Can you catch as many UBs as you want, or just a couple?
>>
>>29889311
no
>>
>>29888084
I'd say no because

>Less than 600 BST
>there are multiples you can catch except for Nihilego (which you see multiples of in the story) and Guzzlord
>They're allowed in online play/battle tree

So I'm gonna go with no. Necrozoma on the other hand is a legendary. But it probably isn't an ultra beast.
>>
>>29888084
UBs/Tapus are below legendary stat wise
>>
>>29888797

There are other Pokemon that are confirmed ledendaries that break those rules thought.

>Cosmog line
>Phione
>Tapus
>Keldeo and those other guys in it's quartet
>Regis
>Legendary Birds
>Legendary Beasts
>Lake Spirits

Not to mention there are confirmed non-legendaries that are one per game and have 600 base stat total or higher.

At this point there isn't any significant difference between legendary and non-legendary Pokemon story, story or otherwise. Anything that could be found is probably arbitrary.

It pretty much boils down to how rare the Pokemon is and what role they want it to play in the story.
>>
>>29890174
You can always take 580 and some 600 BST mons into battle facilities.

But I agree, these are not legendaries.
>>
>>29890506
1 Nihilego
2 Buzzwole (Sun only)
4 Pheromosa (Moon only)
2 Xurkitree
2 Celesteela (Moon only)
4 Kartana (Sun only)
1 Guzzlord
>>
>>29890506
Just a couple. In Sun there's 2 Buzzwoles and 4 Kartanas. In Moon there's 4 Pheromosas and 2 Celesteelas. In both there's 4 (I think) Nihilegos, 2 Xurkitrees and 2 Guzzlords.
>>
>>29890998
>>29891020
Interesting. How exactly do you find them though? Are they like roaming legendaries limited to certain areas?
>>
>>29890848
UBs are but not Tapus. Tapus are on par with the other low tier trio legendaries like the birds, genies, gerbils etc in terms of BST. The UBs are 10 points below that which implies they're normal Pokémon but on par with the strongest non Legendaries and pseudos.
>>
>>29891060
Yep. You encounter them in grass in the postgame but they don't change areas. When you first encounter them they have the name ??? because no one has ever encountered one before. Once you've caught all of them then Necrozma appears in the grass in Ten Carat Hill for you to catch.
>>
>>29888084
The dex described them as "special" pokemon so I guess that's the term to refer to them
>>
>>29891171
That was rather disappointing, Beast Balls have ridiculous catch rate, I lost only 1 ball on Celesteela, and like 5 on Guzzlord (he was the only one causing problems), the rest were 1st turn catches.

They needed some more impact on the world and something that would make them feel like an actual threat to people and cities. Underwhelming.
>>
>>29890595
He was just revealed as UB05: Gluttony
>>
>>29891547
That's Guzzlord. It was also in Corocoro.
>>
>>29891083
Tapu are actually 570 for some reason, too.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.