[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bravest Birb

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 663Talonflame.png (428KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
663Talonflame.png
428KB, 1280x1280px
I think people are overestimating the damage done to Talonflame.

It still has a great speed tier so it will still be able to hit 80% of the things it wants to hit with Acrobatics, and now that Gale Wings only works on full health, Acrobatics will no longer have priority and will hit Tapu Lele through Psychic Terrain, Tsareena through Queenly Majesty and Bruxish through Dazzling, but no one is going to use Tsareena anyway so that's really only two mons it needs to worry about. Furthermore, Quick Guard will no longer defend against it.

Unfortunately, it can now be picked off by more priority mons like M-Pinsir and Azumarill but I don't imagine that it'll fall below BL.

Thoughts?
>>
>>29886235
I think there's a certain Bug/Fighting Ultra Beast in need of checking.
>>
>>29886235
lmao talonfag btfo to oblivion

Have fun in RU kid
>>
It's trash
>>
>>29886235

You now have not only Heracross and his mega roaming around, but two new Bug/Fighting types with stats on par with legendaries. For that reason alone, Talonflame will continue to see play.
>>
>>29886235
Using max speed talon defeats the point of using talon at all
>>
>>29886235
Loss of priority recovery, loss of suicide tailwind, loss of priority with use of one priority attack. No its gale wings were clipped.

Have fun with roost/acrobatics
>>
SNEAKY STONES
>>
>>29886361
May finally be banned with Talonflame gutted and open up a whole new list of shitmons rising to OU
>>
>>29886418
It wasn't banned in gen 5 before talonflame existed
In fact, the exact opposite thing happened and the best rapid spinner was banned instead
>>
>>29886491
There was a meta without SR for several months in gen 5 and guess what?
NOTHING HAPPENED
>>
>>29886418

Are you honestly stupid enough to think that if Stealth Rocks were banned, shitmons would rise to become OU?

The only thing no Stealth Rocks would do is make life even easier for the behemoths of the game, like Charizard, Salamence, Gyarados, etc. The closest thing to a "shitmon" that would rise is stuff like Volcarona, which aren't exactly shitmons to begin with.
>>
Why use Talonflame when you can use Staraptor?
>>
>>29886824
Mostly because Talonflame has a better speed tier, and it can outspeed loads of stuff Staraptor can't.

But yes, Staraptor will rise again this gen, it's more consistent and hits way harder
>>
>>29886969
>>29886824

You're underestimating how much shit sits between Staraptor's base 100 speed tier and Talonflame's 126 tier
>>
>>29886824
talonflame doesn't need a choice scarf to outspeed
>>
>>29886325
Buzzswole is trash. It's slow and has mediocre special bulk. No way that piece of shit will be above UU.
>>
>>29886235
As a Volcarona user, I'm not in the least bit pissed.
>>
>>29887128
Buzzwole gets x4 attack in one turn with Fell Stinger + Beast Boost, has fantastic physical bulk with access to Roost and STAB Leech Life and gets little but key coverage with StoneQuake and Poison Jab. It probably won't be banned to Ubers but it'll definitely be a force in OU.
>>
>>29887128
it's a good assault vest user though. it would be a godsend if it learns drain punch through move tutors in the next game.
>>
>>29887268
doesn't it have leech life?
>>
>>29887216
>Fell Stinger
Hello Showderp. How many kids have you bullied in elo hell today?
>>
>>29886235
Probly will find a home in RU where good speed overrides shit everything else. You need to be about as strong as a Gen 4 OU to be a Gen 6 (and by relation, 7) UU, and there's no way Talonflame meets that requirement. It can now be picked off by scarfers and priority after its crippled by Rocks and BB recoil. All of its bulky sets have been invalidated because now its too slow with 0 spe investment. It's limited now to an anti-lead or a below-average revenge killer. It'll probably be strong in the tier it rests in, but that tier won't be OU or UU.
>>
File: talonflame used brave bird.jpg (24KB, 500x564px) Image search: [Google]
talonflame used brave bird.jpg
24KB, 500x564px
>>29886235
I'm the biggest Talonflamefag here, and they killed it.

It would be used a little in OU, mostly for killing few things before gale wings getting BTFO. Acrobatics no items sword dancer is now it's only set. but honestly? people here are going to miss it. Screencap this. People think Talonflame was cancer, but honestly, he kept the meta actually healthy by keeping shit on leash and making sure every fucking style is viable
Stallfags? could get BTFO by it
hyper off? Talonflame fucked them up even with rocks, or could actually set up on them with bulk-up or just sword-dance on them.
Balance? Stallonflame fucked them too, and sword-dancer could set up and be almost a wall breaker.

Each on of those styles had some counters for talonflame, but on 6v6 singles you can and should consider them and fuck them up witrh your team.
>inb4 hurr you could throw it into any team
No you fucking don't. you want to use Talonflame? you need to build actually around his shit. removing it's huge amount of counters and checks
>hurr it's brain dead
it's brain dead if you are fucking retarded and not adapting after 3 fucking years. i can't fucking believe people still think Talonflame is OP like bunch of scrubs. Jesus christ.
>b-but i don't want to use OU mons!

so use any fucking Rock type bromon you have. don't have? so use a bulky water type.
>b-but talonflame killed bugs and fighting types and grass types!

No it didn't. only in Monotype, which i can understand banning him THERE. if you want to play monotype, you won't see him there. You want to play Monotype in OU? tough luck faggot
>b-but Volcarona-
For fucking sake it's not ONLY Talonflame. Volcarona had more checks and counters than Talonflame alone, this is why it's BL.
NOT LIKE ANYTHING ABOUT MY SHIT EVEN MATTER, because scrubs who couldn't stop crying about gale wings made it being nerfed.

a year from now people will miss Talonflame.

Still my favorite bromon. At least i could use it without being called a faggot.
>>
>>29887613
it does. bug coverage fucking sucks though. i'd rather run drain punch over leech life and fell stinger in another move slot.
>>
Loss of priority means it can't run Adamant anymore.
>>
>>29887784
>>Still my favorite bromon. At least i could use it without being called a faggot.
Why do you people care about this? Why are you people such thin skinned faggots?
>>
File: perfectly calm.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
perfectly calm.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>29887867
Because people think i liked Talonflame because how fucking good it was.

The moment it revealed i decided on using it. Name was cool, design wise is amazing, and it based on my favorite bird
Also, i like Fire types and Flying types the most, so yeah, why i won't like it.
at first i just hoped for Staraptor v2, or maybe even Magic guard for Recoil-spam and keking on sneaky rocks.

I couldn't believe my eyes when i first saw gale wings.

>at 2013 people here actually thought Talonflame won't be OU and would be only UU at best

Thanks faggots for crying 3 years nonstop. you got what you wanted, it being nerfed.
>>
File: 1396517657072.png (69KB, 259x224px) Image search: [Google]
1396517657072.png
69KB, 259x224px
>>29887784
>People think Talonflame was cancer, but honestly, he kept the meta actually healthy by keeping shit on leash
>ensuring 90% of teams have Talonflame is healthy
>keeping nearly entire types (bug, fighting, grass away from OU) is healthy
>>
File: part 2.webm (2MB, 450x254px) Image search: [Google]
part 2.webm
2MB, 450x254px
>>29886235
>>29886692
>>
>>29888784
Even without Talonflame around you won't see more bug/fighting/grass types, nigger.

those who are on OU it's because they are actually good. the only one who isn't OU (and only because people aren't using it enough) is Volcarona.

>90% of the team

Are you even playing this fucking game?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.