[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been wondering what Masuda is up to. He was the director

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

I've been wondering what Masuda is up to. He was the director of RS, FRLG, DP, PT, BW and XY

SM is the first game where he wasnt the director of a new generation game and also second game directed by Ohmori.

Personally i dooubt he's done with directing and i bet we'll see him as director in the next game. What would it be?

First Switch game? Sounds bigger than SM, another 3DS entry plus most likely it needs longer time of development hence why he wasnt direting SM

Sinnoh remakes? Masuda was director of both DP and Pt so it makes sense he was the one remaking this gen

Another Kalos entry? Recently Masuda was blogging quite a lot about XY and how fond he is of those games plus last year he was traveling through Southern France to "study"

Any other ideas? Im sure Ohmori wont be a director fo the third time in a row
>>
Hopefully someone else directs the next remake or third version

I wouldn't want anyone but him directing a new Kalos game though
>>
>>29882947
Gamefreak is gonna get a lot of shit for the new games, the nips are not scared of shitting on them. And they are the demographic they will listen to. I doubt Ohmori will direct the next games, Masuda will take lead again.
>>
Executive Producer is a better role than Director, dude. Big names like Miyamoto graduate from being Director to Executive Producer roles.
>>
>>29883055
kek the japs will be too busy jerking off to gladion's edge, charizoar and chicken-chan dancing around.
>>
>>29883293
>It all comes together
>>
>>29883055
>Gamefreak is gonna get a lot of shit for the new games

No they aren't
>>
Being director doesn't mean you're the only big guy calling the shots. Masuda is also always composing music for the games
>>
>>29882947
He composed for Pokemon Go which was the first side game he ever composed for, and he is supposed to have composed/arranged more in Sun/Moon than in the previous games
>>
>>29883055

lmao. nips love cut scenes. monster hunter is more pokemon than there. and monster hunter 4 had so much cut scenes. that wont be a negative. so whatever else is the problem with games wont be enough for japan to shit on it
>>
>>29883358
>>29883374
Still thats just music i doubt he's done with directing

Ohmori also wont direct all the games from now on
>>
Very interesting that Masuda was blogging about XY, haven't heard about that. I agree with him though, Kalos definitely has some untapped potential, I would be pretty happy to see a return to that region
>>
File: Csyy_N5WIAAFEJf.jpg large.jpg (82KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Csyy_N5WIAAFEJf.jpg large.jpg
82KB, 400x600px
>>29883522
>monster hunter is more pokemon than there
I can attest to that
>>
The whole point of letting Ohmori direct a new generation was so he could nurture the younger talent at GF. It does seem like he is stepping back a little bit, maybe he will stay and Executive Producer from now on. It's not like that role is any less important than being a Director, though. Plus, Masuda is still composing music as well.
>>
Masuda did all the worst games

I'm serious. They're all the first versions that are superseded by the third ones.
>>
>>29883730
BW have the best pacing in the entire series, no questions asked. Yes, the pacing of those beats even BW2, even though those are the objectively stronger game
>>
>>29883522
>monster hunter 4 had so much cut scenes

They're not the same as SM , in MH4 they were just quick scenes of important things , SM is a interactive movie
>>
>>29882947
Masuda is done with directing, I think he said it somewhere else and implied that Ohmori was a great successor. He's taking the role as productor now.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.