[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ORAS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: luGOoP1.png (171KB, 500x681px) Image search: [Google]
luGOoP1.png
171KB, 500x681px
Fag here, question; Why does everyone here hate ORAS? Genuinely curious.
>>
No Battle Frontier.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-12-05-26-03-1.png (176KB, 1200x495px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-12-05-26-03-1.png
176KB, 1200x495px
>>
>>29879492
Lazily put together.
>>
>>29879492
On their own, they're good games. People just don't like that they didn't make an effort to improve on everything from the originals. Take hgss for instance, say what you want about it, but as a remake it kept everything that was loved from the originals and gave more. Oras opted to keep some things, ignore stuff and replace old stuff with something else. Eg in place of the battle frontier you have to deal with a pointless fetch quest, starring one of the worst characters in the franchise.
>>
>>29879590
>Why is it bad
>Heres some things that are better than it
Wow really makes u think
>>
File: Screenshot_19.png (65KB, 186x158px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_19.png
65KB, 186x158px
>>29879760
really gets the grey matter going
>>
>>29879492
They made it easier by (for some reason) using the R/S gym teams and holding your hand every step with autohealing and interruptions.

They fucked up the music with those atrocious instruments. If you compare tracks side by side, the originals don't sound so 'squishy' and toned down. They actually removed some of the background melodies in ORAS, or dampened them so much you can't hear them anymore (see: the Littleroot Town theme).

Emerald had imo the best postgame battle facility in the series and they gave us one of the worst instead.

Uglified Mauville.

Character redesigns are bad (I like Archie and Maxie but the new protagonists and Wally look awful, poor Brendan.)

I personally prefer Emerald's graphics, but I realize that might not be a popular opinion.

Contests are worse.

I find it incredible that they managed to make remakes that are worse than the original games. HGSS were so well-done that I have to wonder what the hell happened between then and now.
>>
>>29879951
(OP)
Alright, that all makes sense, thanks.
>>
>>29879951
Dude, you can have your opinions, but leave ORAS's soundtrack out of this.
>>
>made the games easier
>did not include emerald stuff
>no postge outside of catching legendaries
>music remixes are bad.

The last point I want to address. HGSS had an overlooked feature of allowing you to use the original soundtrack of GSC. That was so cool, and added to the nostalgia experience. And in the end aren't remakes an avenue to feel nostalgic? ORAS felt a little too removed from RSE that I don't feel very nostalgic for them. Feels more like a gen 6.5 game.
>>
>>29879951

Hg/Ss were made by Morimoto. He also made Emerald. Combine that with the fact that ORAS only got a year of dev time and there you go.
>>
>>29879492
A lot of people hate it because it isn't as feature rich as emerald, and is (I don't like using this 'buzzword' but) "easy".

A lot of people also don't hate it.
>>
>>29880316
What makes you think that HGSS or FRLG, or Emerald, etc weren´t developed in one year, just like ORAS was?
>>
File: courtney1.png (194KB, 595x585px) Image search: [Google]
courtney1.png
194KB, 595x585px
Bad games, cute waifus though
>>
ORAS is great. It feels incomplete, because Ohmori likes making open ended games. But that is on purpose, it´s not that ORAS is actually lacking. It is very content paacked, Battle Frontier aside.

Also, the game will be more and more valued as time goes by, seeing how SM doesn´t have Soaring, or DexNav, or Super Training minigaes, or Amie minigames, etc...
>>
>>29879492
I'd say that I'm not too picky when it comes to these things, but the one big "fuck you" that GameFreak said to me was not including the Battle Frontier. I fucking LOVED Emerald version. I spent countless hours in that game. I can almost guarantee you that if GameFreak would have strived to put just that one element into the game, it would have had far less complaints.

But what do they do? The give us the fucking "Delta Episode" instead and tease us with some shitty Battle Frontier sign. No. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>29880867
Well, you are being too picky right now.

The only way to had BF was to made it first in XY and then port it in ORAS, for compabilititties reasons, like the copypasted frontiern from Platinum in HGSS.
But i see that is hard to understand for the common user of Pokemon.
>>
>>29879492
Because of nestolgiafag hoennbabbies.
>>
It's not what people wanted, so they think it's horrible. Give it some time and this whole board will think S/M are the worst entries in the series instead, some already do.
>>
File: TOO MUCH.jpg (270KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
TOO MUCH.jpg
270KB, 1152x2048px
kek
>>
>>29881638
What kind of assblasted logic is this?
>>
>>29882286
Is a matter of fact. Platinum came before HGSS and copypasted the BF from the first. With BW/2 they didn't have to do that because we didn't got a remake during that time. And now, with ORAS we got a copypasted Battle Maison, and, if this is proven true, we will possibly get another tree in a possible Gen 4 remake.

In the end, this couldn't be happen if GF didn't want to do coop battle between versions in the facilities, but works for them as a excuse to put or not put the fucking BF everyone here is wanting.
>>
>>29882286
It's GF apologist logic

>they would have needed to do work to implement it so it's ok that they didn't implement it
>>
>>29882450
Im not an apologist, but i dont care about the frontier itself.

>Inb4 "nom, nom, im enjoying GF shit, pls giv me moar!"
fuck off!
>>
>>29882210
THATS ACTUALLY IN THE GAME?
>>
The Battle Frontier is a meme, nothing more. ORAS however is objectively bad. There is so much reasoning behind what makes it bad that it's pretty hard to create a solid argument for what makes it good. It isn't the worse game of all time, but it really brought down Gen 6 as a whole. It forced Gen 3 to give up its lustre for a lot of people, and it deserves the widespread notion of it being trash. And that's coming from somebody who definitely enjoyed XY for what it was
>>
>>29883018
are you surprised? GF is chock full of epic memers.
>>
>>29880731

That would just be a sign of how badly Morimoto needs to be in charge of remakes.
>>
>>29883171
I'd agree with you but ORAS are objectively better games than XY. ORAS helped Gen 6 by pulling it out of "unplayable trash" tier to "you'll have a bad time when playing" tier.
>>
>>29883267
The thing is, XY deserved something great as a follow up. Objectively, yes, XY is around the same tier as DP. Loads of potential, but very messy around the edges. Gen 6 needed a Platinum more badly than it needed a half baked remake. I think that if Kalos would have gotten a proper fleshed out game, a lot more people would have really enjoyed Gen 6 as a whole. All the people who enjoy Gen 4 primarily do it for HGSS and Platinum, not for DP
>>
>>29883267
No. I replayed XY after playing ORAS and it was far more fun between the better mapping, customization actually existing, and the regional dex not being shit
>>
>>29883402
If your argument for XY being better is "Z could've being another Platinum". then don't you think "ORAS could've been another HGSS"?
>>
>>29879951
The only thing I agree with is Mauville.
I can't see shit in the remade Mauville.
>>
>>29879951
>If you compare tracks side by side, the originals don't sound so 'squishy' and toned down.
Ive been struggling to find out exactly how to express my displeasure with the soundtrack but this is it.

>>29881638
The Frontier was only in Emerald and Black Tower/White Treehollow was only in BW2.

Just making the maison one part of the Frontier is all that was needed
>>
File: ORAS game corner.jpg (10KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
ORAS game corner.jpg
10KB, 290x174px
>>29879590
>someone screencapped a post I made

Wow, I'm honored.

>>29879492
The sum of what I think is in the image linked in the above post, but to elaborate, people don't hate ORAS for its standalone quality, but they hate it because it's a lot worse than what we've gotten in the past. ORAS includes almost zero Emerald content, despite some of Emerald's content being huge improvements over RS, such as its expanded double battle system (the one where two individual trainers on the overworld can team up for a double battle and double battle opponents are allowed to use more than two Pokémon), Gym Leader rematches, and the Frontier. It also removes or negatively changes content from RS, such as the Game Corner, Safari Game, and locations like Granite Cave and New Mauville. It also has more handholding in the form of extra gifts (including a gift Lati@s holding Lati@site you get five badges into the game, instead of it being a catchable Legendary in postgame), warps, and the Gen 6 Exp. Share existing, and the Delta Episode is the most horribly written story arc in the entire Pokémon franchise riding Rayquaza at the end is cool though

It does some things right, and some of the additions and improvements like Dexnav and Secret Bases are sincerely great shame neither of those things made it to SM, because Game Freak can't ever keep good features. If you've never played a Hoenn game before, and have no expectations from how good past remakes like HGSS have been, it's an alright game. People hate it for what it isn't, rather than what it is. It isn't a good remake relative to HGSS, and it isn't a good Hoenn experience relative to Emerald. It's just inferior to other games in the series and people are better off just playing Emerald if they want to run through Hoenn.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.