[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OR/AS don't deserve the hate they get on this board.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: ORAS Problems Counterpoints.png (283KB, 1116x1274px) Image search: [Google]
ORAS Problems Counterpoints.png
283KB, 1116x1274px
OR/AS don't deserve the hate they get on this board.
>>
File: 1293566592741.jpg (5KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1293566592741.jpg
5KB, 200x150px
>some ORAS fanboy was so mad that they made a counter to that image
>>
>>29873978
Fuck you Battle Frontier was awesome and could actually resemble post-league content
>>
>>29873978
Oras is fucking shit
>>
>>29873994
I'm more surprised somebody made an entirely new list of gripes.
>>
>>29873994
>someone was ass ravaged enough to make that image in the first place
>>
File: hgssvsoras.png (611KB, 1092x1248px)
hgssvsoras.png
611KB, 1092x1248px
>>29873978
>OR/AS don't deserve the hate they get on this board.

Nah. They do.
>>
>>29874015
HG/SS were shit games. Pokeathlon was filled with mediocre minigames. The customizable safari zone forced you to wait several days just for a wild Pokémon to show up. Voltorb Flip was not interesting, and even if it was, restricting crucial TMs to coins that you couldn't even buy was inexcusable. Kanto was far from ungimped. Why the fuck wouldn't you want Platinum?
>>
>>29873978
>3d would have made the game lag
Why is pokemon so shit at running 3d? KI:U was released a few months into the 3DS life and I don't remember issues with it. And maybe I don't know about game programming, but I thought it was more graphically intense than any pokemon battle, even triples.
>>
>>29874015
the difference from the ORAS gym leaders to the original ones is sooo big. They were mcuh harder in the original games.
>>
>>29873978
Holy shit, your arguments are fucking terrible

Explain to me how the player being able to change clothes break immersion? Not even gonna bother how you dismissed BFwith "b-b-but it was shit anyway". You're either a high-tier Gamefreak shill or the biggest Hoenn baby in this board
>>
>>29874065
>HG/SS were shit games
Opinion
>Pokeathlon was filled with mediocre minigames
No shit Sherlock that's what Pokeathlon is
>Customizable safari zone forced you to wait
Only valid argument
>Voltorb flip was not interesting
Opinion again, I liked it actually
>Restricting crucial TMs to coins
This has been a thing all the way until gen 5, slowpoke
>Kanto was far from ungimped
Hoennbaby/Sinnohfetus who didn't play G/S/C confirmed
>Why the fuck wouldn't you want Platinum?
Why not both?
>>
>Things in the originals were changed so they would fit with the way things were in X and Y. It's called consistency

How do you counter the complaint that ORAS DIDN'T keep the combined Center/Marts by citing consistency?
>>
>>29874266
each "response" tends to ignore one or two of the points on the line it's responding to
>>
>>29874108
I kinda think GF went balls to the wall in model quality and are just refusing to tone it down for the sake of the hardware. Leaving them stuck in this awkward gap between choosing their new Nintendo platform.
>>
>>29874266
What kind of complaint is that anyway? Should they have left the spots where the marts were empty?

You rarely need any items from there anyway, besides Pokéballs. And then you just buy a couple hundred once you have the money.
>>
>>29874484
>Should they have left the spots where the marts were empty?

No. Replace them with clothes boutiques and battle tents. That's what a GOOD remake would have done. Take elements from Emerald and XY and combine them in a good way instead of just hindering itself by rehashing an inferior game.
>>
>>29874468
They did. They made future-proof models.
>>
>>29874191
>ignoring half the points so it's easier to fit your argument

Nice dude, you sure showed him
>>
>>29873978
>The battle frontier was a waste of time with broken AI
One sentence in and I'm already dismissing you.
>>
>>29874468
This. Making new models for 800+ Pokemon was the single most time consuming (read: expensive) task for XY. Damned if they were going to do it all over again for 8th and 9th gens. Making the models future-proof caused the 3DS's hardware to crap out, but we'll be better off when it finally makes the jump to Switch.

The same thing happened with Colosseum, which largely recycled all of Stadium 2's models (with better textures) to cut down on the workload.
>>
>>29874065
t. Brainlet
>>
>>29874522
It would have been a good thing.

I don't understand why there are people defending the lack of Emerald and XY features.
It would have make the games much better and people would love it more.
>>
>>29874542
>quote basically the entire post
>somehow it's only a half
Bait.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.