[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Decidueye

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: file.png (993KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
993KB, 800x1000px
Whats his best optimal competitive set? trick room? Please I just wanna know.
>>
File: 1470526586368.gif (160KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1470526586368.gif
160KB, 400x388px
PLEASE GOD
>>
>>29873811
The meta hasn't even begun for it to settle. Decidueye isn't as linear as other mons for there to be an optimal set already.

You can play it as setup support with Swords Dance or Nasty Plot with Baton Pass. You can play it was general support with Defog and Roost. You can play it as offensive with Swords Dance and offensive moves with Sucker Punch as a priority option and Roost to help continue setting up. You can play it as an enabler with Spirit Shackle to trap mons, and then Baton Pass or U-Turn (since Baton Pass doesn't pass the trapping) slowly into an ally that can set up on the opponent. You can play as a wallbreaker with the benefit of its Z-Move since Ghost is a powerful typing and it has Low Sweep to be granted universal coverage. The list goes on.
>>
>>29873902
shoulda mentioned his best optimal set for doubles, who the fuck cares about singles? What can he do in doubles
>>
>>29873917
You should have specified Doubles in the OP. A lot of people care about Singles. I highly doubt Decidueye will shine in Doubles if you have any idea of what else we got this generation, which is why I went right into Singles discussion.
>>
>>29873942
>I highly doubt Decidueye will shine in Doubles
fuggggg strike my down now i cant use one of my fave mons in vgc
>>
File: Let it go.gif (552KB, 500x310px)
Let it go.gif
552KB, 500x310px
>>29873811
>Decidueye
Shitmon senpai
Let it go
>>
>>29873811
Use the better grass ghost of this gen.
>>
>>29874094
The one that is just a shitter Aggron? No thanks.
>>
>>29873811
Too fast for Trick Room, even at 0 Spe IV.
>>
>Stats are shit
>Movepool sucks
>Shitty HA
>Dhelmise is superior

Worst starter
>>
>>29873811
Sorry, it's complete trash.
>>
>>29874498
>>29875108

>160 Stab Ghost move is somewhat bad
>>
>>29875114
If you mean Sinister Arrow Raid, you're giving up literally any other Z-Move in the game just to make Decidueye slightly better than Dhelmise for a single turn. If you actually meant spirit shackle, that's not even as good as Phantom Force Never Ending Nightmare at 175 power.
>>
Are any of he starters worthwhile? I was prepared to box the lot based on their designs alone, but was considering using the owl after watching some of the leaked footage.

Open to maybe using Incineroar or Decidueye if they're not total shitmons, but it sound like they are?
>>
>>29875192
They are okay for in-game.
>>
>>29875200
Read: shitmons. Alright, boxed.
>>
>>29875205
95% of the dex are shitmons by that standard
>>
>>29875232
100% of the dex is usable in game. If that's the best that can be said about them then they're not remotely good.
>>
Ghostium-Z
Spirit Shackle
Curse
Roost
Baton Pass
>>
>>29873811
Eh, i've seen people use fucking Meganium and winning
you'll figure something out
>>
>>29875272
Does Z Spirit Shackle have the same effect as regular Shackle with more power? This set seems to be fun, I just don't see the purpose of Baton Pass when you don't have any boosts in the owl (chain the Shackle? Is the Shackle gone if you do a regular switch?)
>>
>>29875139
>just to make Decidueye slightly better than Dhelmise
Just? Dhelmise lacks: Recovery, decent speed to check common stall mons, a good Ghost STAB, support moves, BP... in other words, Dhelmise is fucking shit. It's a lot more comparable with Mega Aggron, and it's inferior to that Pokémon as well.
>>
>>29877275
Not to speak if Decidueye can hold a Z stone, he has better resistance to Knock Off. Dhelmise will be forced to run shit like Leftovers most of the time.

Look at all the other slow bulky Ghosts who do the same. Dusknoir, Trevenant, Spiritomb, Cofagrirus. None of them can raise above NU/RU.
>>
>>29873811
>There's always a way to win with the pokemon that you have
Ash Ketchum, 2008
>>
>>29877410
People stopped using the term "Karenfag" around here?
>>
File: IMG_5694.jpg (94KB, 640x607px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5694.jpg
94KB, 640x607px
>>29877352
>>29877275
This is the part that I think folks overlook. Dhelmise hits harder, has better physical bulk, and it's trap move hits all types. However, I think the lack of reliable recovery combined with slow speed will cripple its survivability and effectiveness in many situations.

Decidueye wishes it was faster and stronger, but it has enough speed to outpace most walls and defensive Pokémon that it will be taking on and it can boost itself up. Roost and Synthesis are both options depending on team build and preference, and U-turn or Baton Pass add a ton of utility. Decidueye may end up playing a Mew-like role where it has a number of set options to support the team or clean up offensively, not being stone-cold amazing at any one of them but using its versatility to carve out a niche. In Smogon terms, probably UU or RU.
>>
>>29877795
Decidueye commits the cardinal sin of being Ghost type and not having Will-O-Wisp.

I like Decidueye, and he'll always have a place as a Defogger/Trapper Support but he will never be a generic one-dimensional sweeper.
>>
>>29873811
>chromatic aberration AND le buff Red meme in the same pic
Incredible.
>>
>>29878129
That's not a big loss, the burn status was nerfed this gen. Decidueye is a good non bird bird and he makes all the other physical Ghosts jelly by hogging the only good non priority physical Ghost move for himself.
>>
>>29873811
Only here for the hot red
>>
>>29873811
Mixed bulk in EVs with Spirit Shackle, Curse/Toxic/Baton Pass, Sub, and Roost/Haze
SS is for trapping (namely Stallmons)
Curse/Toxic namely deals damage over time
Baton Pass is for passing a sub to a set-up sweeper to get at least 1 turn of set-up (can have more if the thing you fight is weak and you have decent bulk)
Sub also prevents Chansey and the likes from using toxic on you.
Roost heals you and Haze can reset Crocune's stats

That's what I got. But most People will use it as a scout or pass Nasty Plot/Swords Dance
>>
>>29874498
>Move pool sucks

Are you retarded mate?
>>
>>29877213
The Z move is meant for Curse, which heals it while using it I think.
>>
>>29878399
but then does it loses the Curse properties? Or does it do both healing and the curse in the same turn? I still don't have much of a clue on what the Z-Stones do tb h
>>
guys i heard decideuye gets protean as a secon hidden abiltyyy this thiing is gonna be bigger than grienja wooooo catfags btfo!!
>>
>>29875244
fuck off
>>
File: 1477560845722.png (159KB, 540x611px) Image search: [Google]
1477560845722.png
159KB, 540x611px
>>29878556
>>
>>29873811
Is Decidueye that big?
>>
>>29879099
4U
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.