[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the saviour of Pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: nintendoswitch.jpg (409KB, 1920x1085px) Image search: [Google]
nintendoswitch.jpg
409KB, 1920x1085px
They can't continue developing games for the 3DS anymore, it's too limited.

SM was so big they couldn't fit a fucking National Pokedex.
>>
>switch
>gen 8

Pick one
>>
>Pokemon games on carts the size of single layer Blu-Rays

That'll be the day.
>>
>>29873719
Well the size at launch will be 16 GB which is 5 times more than SM already
>>
I wouldnt mind a PBR style game that includes all forms of battles including Inverse. Just go all out and include contests and whatever other side minigames they increased. You could win trophies or shit for achieving certain goals, set up tournaments, like another PBR theme park.

I know it would be reaching cause Gamefreak loves putting little effort into animations, but I would appreciate if they could make all the new mons a touch more active rather then standing completely still like Lucario.

My favorite thing about PBR was the personality every pokemon had. Like how Sableye flails his arms after an attack then grins and spookily walks back to where he was, or how while they arent attacking Solrock goes up and down like the horizen and Lunatone makes circular motions like the moon around the earth. Those little tidbits really brought out the pokemon magic.
>>
>>29873716
we already know that Game Freak themselves are making pokemon games for the switch, and afaik Game Freak doesn't make spinoffs. They have only ever made a legit title.
>>
File: 1404606466256.png (120KB, 346x250px) Image search: [Google]
1404606466256.png
120KB, 346x250px
>couldn't
All they had to do was keep the Dex text and entry data in the assets and we would've had a National Pokedex; this is a choice they made out of sheer laziness, not lack of resources

They probably did away with it because they didn't want to write 800+ wackyxdd entries and would much rather get rid of a long-standing feature than scrap the concept of having the Pokedex itself be another fucking comic relief character.

>>29873793
Game Freak never said they were making games for the Switch. TPC did, which could very well mean Genius Sonority is at it again.
Whatever it is, it'll most likely be a spinoff or possibly a Pokken port.
>>
>>29873716
3DS already had two Pokemon generations. 2018 is when dev support is dropping.

It's not feasible to do a Gen 8 on the system.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (40KB, 334x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
40KB, 334x200px
>>29873820
http://www.polygon.com/2016/9/20/12986612/pokemon-nintendo-nx
>>
RB was a mess
RS was a mess
DP was a mess
XY was a mess

Every game on new hardware has been rushed and barely works, fuck knows how bad a Switch game will end up
>>
>>29873820
>the new entries
>wackyXDD
Where the fuck have you been? These entries are the best in the series.
>>
>>29873820
>Genius Sonority
XD 2: XP
please
>>
>>29873703
We'll get one more Gen 7 game, itll either be a remake or a sequel.

Pokemon Swiitch will come out in 3 years from now, and it'll still be shitty and limited because the developers will still need to get used to the new technology
>>
>>29874368
They already did a remake for the 3DS

A sequel to Gen 7 is more likely

The Switch comes out next year and after that the first gen handheld
>>
File: 1468546536015.jpg (220KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1468546536015.jpg
220KB, 1200x900px
>>29873703
They could do a lot of stuff, actually. It's just that Game Freak is shit at programming and would never have gotten the money they get without Pokemon. See their other games like Tambo The Badass Elephant; it's full of bugs and fps drops.
>>
Gen 8, or 9 if they try to push it that far, will still look like a 3DS game. This is GameFreak, remember?
>>
>It's mid 2017
>Game Freak is having a Direct
>"We're proud to announce... Sparkling Diamond and Iridescent Pearl version!"
>"...Only on Nintendo 3DS!"

More riots than Trump.
>>
>>29874500
>Iridescent Pearl
Good name, would buy
>>
>>29874500
i'd be fine with that, then i won't have to buy a switch for a long while
>>
>>29874500
Nintendo isn't going to shift platforms in the middle of a generation like that.
>>
>>29873703
Idk if they are going to release a pokemon game on the switch that is the main series. I know that Game Freak is directly making it though so it could be true. I just don't see Pokemon being a portable game anymore if it is developed for the switch and Game Freak has openly stated recently that Pokemon is staying commuted to handheld consoles. I want to know what the switch battery life, and cost is before getting excited for it. Since Pokemons target audience is kids it will be awhile I think because before Game Freak moves the core series to a new system they usually wait for cheaper variant of a console or until the console has received enough total sold systems to warrant a game. Ether way the Pokemon series needs to move to another console in the next few years, hopefully the Switch is a success but until we get more info on the overall system or see it in action it is still to early to tell. Maybe they will just make the Newest 3DS XXL next that would be cool....
>>
>>29874574
Except they will.

Pokémon will help Switch sell hardware.

3DS hardware sales have peaked, everyone who wants one has one.
>>
It's not that they couldn't fit the dex, they just chose not to. I don't think it was a lazy decision though, and was actually a calculated one to save time and money. If they continue on this trend, new games probably won't get new pokedex entries for Pokémon that aren't a part of the normal dex.

OR it could just be because Alola is a fucking tiny isolated archipelago in the middle of the fucking ocean like the Galapagos Islands so it doesn't actually make any sense that a bunch of new foreign Pokémon would just randomly appear on the islands one day from the mainland.
>>
>>29874888
> Hey let's make one of the best selling video game franchises on Nintendo`s newest system that has not even released yet meaning it has no predictable future
> Are you sure that is a great idea considering the 3DS has Nintendo's current largest audience and therefore would produce more profit
>No surely if we rush into producing the next big Pokemon game on the Switch (which by the way we are a 2nd party developer of Nintendo) we will surely make more in overall console sales because that marketing strategy worked so will for the Wii U.
>Our target audience is kids do you think they will buy into getting a Switch
>Surely there parents will...
Is this your thinking?
>>
>>29875084
Yes, care to point out why this thinking is flawed?
>>
>>29873703
>couldn't
It's not that they couldn't they just actively chose not to. They've said before that they aren't keen on having too many Pokemon as it's intimidating for newcomers so in game the pokedex will only catalogue stuff from the game and not others to prevent newcomers from being put off.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.