[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how long til Sun/Moon rom hacking begin? I want Hard Mode.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: sun-moon-169-en.jpg (64KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
sun-moon-169-en.jpg
64KB, 578x327px
So how long til Sun/Moon rom hacking begin? I want Hard Mode.
>>
>>29872716
This.

Also what happen to /rhg/?
>>
>>29872716
sciresm and I plan to have PKHeX public release ready early this week, can focus on pk3DS soon.
>>
>>29872716
check release dates off hacks for oras and xy then guess or ask the people who made those hacks
>>
>>29872716
Guy who made EXWY here, I'll be starting on a Sun/Moon hack as soon as pk3ds supports them. Could start now, but I don't really want to hex edit everything if I can help it.
I'm pretty sure the guy who made Rutile Ruby will be making one soon too if you prefer his style of hack.
>>
>>29873509
I liked your Elite Four but other than Viola the rest of the game was way too easy. And this was on Insanity, with battle mode option on Set.

I completely reworked my team and ended up with Claydol/Mega Garchomp/Mega Charizard/Latios/Xerneas/Weavile specifically to counter the E4.

To beat Malva's Sun-based Double Battle, I used maximum speed Claydol and Garchomp which was EV'ed to have 1 Speed below Claydol after Mega Evolving as Garchomp's Speed stat actually drops when Mega. Claydol sets up Light Screen on the first turn then Sandstorm on the second to remove the sun and activate Mega Garchomp's Sand Force while using Smack Down on Ho-Oh, Charizard and Chandelure while Mega Garchomp used Swords Dance then swept Malva's entire team with Earthquake.

To beat Siebold's Rain-based Triple Battle, I used Mega Charizard Y on the left, Latios in the middle and Xerneas in the right. Because Charizard doesn't summon sunlight before Mega Evolving, it could remove the rain on the first turn without needing to be slower than Kyogre or sacrifice a turn using Sunny Day. Latios set up Light Screen, Charizard Mega Evolved, then Solarbeamed Kyogre, Xerneas used Geomancy and Dazzling Geam to be able to oneshot both Ludicolo and Kingdra before the former could set up Rain Dance and also oneshot the incoming Palkia.

Weavile pretty much swept Drasna's entire team with Choice Band and Technician-boosted Icicle Spear, although it nearly got taken out at the beginning due to her scarfed Hydreigon.

Wikstrom and Diantha were easy enough and didn't require any special setups to beat without trouble.

But the overall difficulty of the Elite Four that forced me to think about my team composition was something that I was looking for when I played Insanity Mode and it just wasn't present in the majority of the game.
>>
>>29872716
The guy who made Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire said he'd begin on his as soon as he finished his personal playthrough.
Unsure on when Drayano intends to start.
>>
>>29873509
do us a favour and dont
>>
>>29873805
Thanks for the feedback anon, much appreciated. I'm sorry the game wasn't as hard as you expected; insanity was somewhat rushed compared to the other two versions and didn't get enough play testing, so most of it wound up being too similar to rebalanced. I'm happy to hear that the elite four at least required some strategy; I'll try to get the rest of the game on par with them sometime.

I won't be doing another insanity version this time, simply because Dio Vento's hacks will most likely provide that level of difficulty for those who want it.

>>29874201
No one is forcing you to play it.
>>
>>29874238
Funnily enough I had the opposite experience with Star Sapphire - while some Gyms were slightly difficult and the Ace Trainers could be a real pain, the Elite 4 was extremely easy.

I think a huge part of difficulty from this kind of romhack comes from battles that are not singles just because it's so easy to abuse setup on the AI when it comes to single battles. The AI will almost never switch out even when you send out something that walls it and sets up 3 Swords Dance its face (see: Aegislash). You can cheese it even further by having a dedicated crippler (something really bulky with stat-lowering moves like Flash/Confide/Charm and/or status moves like WoW/TWave) to guarantee virtually anything can boost itself to kingdom come even with paper defenses.

With Doubles and Triples, the battle becomes slightly more unpredictable and the player is immediately pressured so it's more difficult to cheese as a mix of Prankster setup, hyper offense, weather teams and various other strategies can prevent the player from being too effective the whole game (such as simply having a backup Taunter or two to shut down the AI from setting up).

If Dio elects to have mostly single battles like he did in SSRR, I can see the general battles being easily cheesable as they were then which would be disappointing.
>>
File: 1454306104588.png (32KB, 464x452px) Image search: [Google]
1454306104588.png
32KB, 464x452px
>>29872913
>Also what happen to /rhg/?

/rhg/ (it's called /heg/ now that we begrudgingly allowed Essentialsfags to join) always dies off near game release, since threads get bumped off the board super quick. Once the new game traffic dies down and we have another drought of content /heg/ will probably find a consistent spot on the board again.

As to OP, I imagine we'll see a complete difficulty hack anywhere from six months to a year from now. XY didn't get a good difficulty hack until around 2015, but it was also released when 3DS hacking as a whole was much slower, I imagine it won't take as long here.
>>
>>29874433
Yeah, having double battles definitely makes a huge difference to the difficulty. Switching in singles is far more important than in doubles, so the AI's inability to switch out doesn't hurt it as much, and as you say, setting up is also much harder. If it doesn't completely kill the frame rate, I might look into having most of the bosses be double battles in SM. It certainly worked well in BBVW.
>>
>>29874564
>>29874433
SM's AI switches far more. Even had a guy switch in a ground type when it knew I was going for an electric move. and this was an Ace Trainer.
>>
>>29874611
That's interesting. I wonder if it switches only in response to an input-read supereffective move, or if it will also switch when it is crippled or walled.

If it still doesn't switch in response to being walled then singles will still be set up bait.
>>
>>29874650
It doesn't switch in against stat drops.
It will switch in SE attackers though.
Sometimes it also avoids 1HKOs?
>>
>>29874650
it won't switch to stat changes but it will switch to type effectiveness and being weakened, on higher end AI such as Ace Trainers or the Elite Four.
>>
>>29874727
>>29874740
That's a shame, so set-up and crippling cheesing strategies still work in single battles.
>>
>>29874753
Indeed. I believe "insane" style hacks should mostly use doubles for this (there are no triples anymore), while more standard difficulty hacks like Drayano's or EXWY rebalanced can stick to singles.
>>
>>29874611
It can also double switch now, the champ sent something dumb out against my Golisopod and then immediately switched to something else. Really caught me by surprise. They've also fixed the solar beam bug from gen VI, so it looks like Gamefreak has actually done quite a bit of work on the AI this time.
>>
>>29874802
Indeed, I haven't had the chance to play around in the Battle Tree as I need to move onto Sun so I can breed its exclusives ahead of official release, but I'm interested to see the AI level used in it.
>>
>>29874786
It's probably OK to have singles for the majority of the first half or third of the game since the player won't yet have access to moves and Pokemon that can easily wall the AI and set up in its stupid refusing to switch face.

But yeah, I've noticed that towards the mid to end of most of these romhacks, the single battles are usually cleared with ease. Normally the only ones that can give me a bit of trouble are Pokemon with Sturdy or Focus Sash.
>>
>>29874786
I would caution against leaning too heavily on double battles as having doubles all the time can get stale. It looks like even the single battle AI might be somewhat competent now so playtesting to see if singles combined with the new AI can still be challenging might be the better course of action.
>>
>>29874915
Late game every prominent trainer should do doubles. Singles is waaaay too easy, you can cheese everything with setup sweepers. Throw a weather setter and swift swimmer/clone with spread moves on a doubles team though and watch the world burn.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.