[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Repro Carts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: il_340x270.1049234508_rate.jpg (22KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
il_340x270.1049234508_rate.jpg
22KB, 340x270px
I just bought reproduction Pokemon Green and Pokemon Emerald cartridges. Are there really any noticeable differences from the authentic cartridges?
>>
>>29870168
>GAME

>not GAME BOY

d r o p p e d
r
o
p
p
e
d

kys btw
>>
I once tried a Emerald repro and the audio fucked up after saving the game. It sounded like with one less channel
>>
>>29870168
>repro
I think you mean bootleg.
>>
>>29870168
Gen 3 fakes often times have problems with RTC and savefiles.
Mostly because they are lower quality or because the pirates just cheap out completely and just leave out the RTC chip completely and go with cheaper SRAM chips instead of FRAM.
They also aren't read properly by Gen 4 games which means: The special pokemon with the game plugged in to the GBA slot of your DS don't show up in D/P/PT and you can't palpark them.

Gen 1 fakes should all work the way they should mostly because there is not much to fuck up honestly. Just slap a flashchip with the rom, SRAM, a battery and a mapperclone on the PCB and you're done.
One thing to note though:
The Game Boy outputs 5 volts to cartridges and old GB carts all used components that can handle 5 volts. These newer pirates are all made with more modern flashchips which are made for 3.3 volts though.
This might not be immediately be damaging to the chips but it does put more stress on the chips than what they were designed for.
>>
>>29870432
What about Gen 2 and 4 fakes, o knowledgeable anon of bootlegs?
>>
Thanks for the replies.

>>29870432
Could it potentially wear out the pins on a GameBoy pocket or an Advance SP?
>>29870255
It seems that the GBA repros are the most troublesome. I'll go get an authentic Emerald then, I lost my original one.
>>
>>29870471
I'm not certainly informed about gen 4 repros but two things make me think they should be fine:
China has pumped out tons and tons of flashcarts for DS over the years and they all work pretty much perfectly and from
what i've seen there do even exist a few bootlegs that are just flashcarts with SDs hard soldered into it that autoboot to the Rom on the SD.
Additionally when you think about it there's yet again not much they could even fuck up about them once again. Other than Gen 3 and gen 2 the DS carts don't really need any hardware on the PCB
other than the chips for the ROM and Save because the NDS handles pretty much everything else (time and shit)

Gen 2 is probably not what you want to get as bootleg version. It's pretty simple like Gen 1 again but the pirates cheap out on the RTC chip and crystal oscillator 9.9 out of 10 times which means no ingame realtime clock
>>
>>29870707
Thanks for the information, I'll keep the Green and return the Emerald.
>>
>>29870573
GB/C and GBA PCBs are 0.8mm
Unless the pirate PCB is any thicker (My GB bootlegs are just the same) they shouldn't do any harm
>>
>>29870740
No problem. Sorry i deleted the other post but me paying attention to something else fucked my typing once again
>>
>>29870773
Ah it's fine, deleted posts are on the nyafuu archive anyway, but I see that you reposted it anyway. Thanks again for the help.
>>
>>29870863
Heh i just read over the other posts as well and man i should not post at 6am without sleep anymore.
Anyways glad i could help you out. I actually have a bunch of interesting Gen 1/2 fakes.
Here's an album of some if anyone's interested http://imgur.com/a/YU9g4
>>
File: vietcrystal.jpg (689KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
vietcrystal.jpg
689KB, 3840x2160px
>>
File: gbcloor.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
gbcloor.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>
>>29871369
>Mad in Thailand

sounds like a cool game title.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.