[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He's gonna be good, r-right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

File: 725.png (18KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
725.png
18KB, 256x256px
He's gonna be good, r-right?
>>
>>29869209
He's a poor man's arceus so yes, should be "good" at least.
>>
File: 1465626127916.png (90KB, 537x529px) Image search: [Google]
1465626127916.png
90KB, 537x529px
>eviolite null
>>
UU at worst
>>
If you can't breed him, what's the point?
>>
File: 1478993165001.png (227KB, 372x357px) Image search: [Google]
1478993165001.png
227KB, 372x357px
>>29869209
Well he's not bad, so I guess? It just depends. Probably UU at best
>>
>>29869209
>In Game
Yes, 95 across the board

>Competitive
UU/OU-ish, I can do anything but it's similar to mew in the regards it will be outclassed . It's much less versatile but I can see special attacking sets work.
>>
>>29869234
*best
>>
PARTING SHOT
A
R
T
I
N
G

S
H
O
T
>>
>>29869270
*worst
>>
>>29869209
will be OU from usage and then get banned from OU and never seen in ubers
>>
A lot of people downplay how good he'll be imo. 95 all across the board means he's not good in any stat, but altogether it'll be decent at a handful of things at least. I could see running a Steel, Fairy, or Dark-type Silvally in OU.
>>
>>29869209
Yeah, as other anons have said, I'm thinking UU with limited viability in OU.
>>
>>29869209
Depends entirely on whether or not it learns Extremespeed. This is the one and only deciding factor.
>>
>>29869359
it doesn't
>>
>>29869229
>>29869234
>>29869269
Fucking how is this OU/UU
Silvally gives up its item slot and its ability to get its type, except it doesn't have priority or recovery like arceus does, and it doesn't have any or arceus's utility either.

iirc the memories only change the type of Multi Attack, they don't boost it. That means Flying Silvally is slower and weaker than shit like M-Pinsir and Staraptor, Water Silvally is slower and weaker than say, Starmie, etc.

RU at best, i guess. it has a fast parting shot so maybe a scarf set could do well in UU
>>
>>29869294
I want to bring back Voltturn with this, Top Kek, Pheramosa, Xircuitree, and Golisopod.
>>
>>29869209
Ghost/Flying with Parting Shot will be useful for dealing with Dugtrio.

Steel, Water, Poison, and Fairy will be excellent bulky pivots.

Dark, Flying, Electric, possibly Dragon, will be good Swords Dancers.

People are underestimating this thing so much it's hilarious. Parting Shot is one of the best moves in the game, and it's a gamechanger for offensive teams. Pangoro was slow and had terrible defenses, but Silvally is bulky as hell and can be any type.

Its movepool is kinda shallow, it doesn't have too many physical or support options, but tutors might fix that.
>>
>>29869373
That settles it. Welcome to BL2.
>>
>>29869396
You don't have to change the type or run Multi Attack.
>>
>>29869561
So it's only set would be something like Tri Attack/Parting Shot/Ice Beam/Thunder Bolt

It can't really do a physical set even thought it gets return, swords dance and double edge because the main reason to use it is for its fast parting shot and there are at least 50 things better than it that can run a physical set

It also gets Thunder Wave and Flash Cannon (for fairies) as its flex pick but that's really the extent of what it can feasibly do
>>
>>29869561
Then you have a normal type with base stats of 95 and no useful ability. That's pretty mediocre. If you go Physical just a slightly more powerful Miltank tier and if you go Special it's just a slightly less powerfull Porygon2 (without eviolite).

It'll be UU at best
>>
>>29869209
If it had Arceus' movepool it could be OU and healthy, but he can do none of the things that makes Arceus good except be unpredictable at team preview.
>No defog
>No recover
>No E Speed
UU
>>
>>29869396
>Fucking how is this OU/UU

good bulk, one of the few good physical oriented fairies and it's the fastest parting shot user. Will probably be extremely niche in OU but I could see it UU easily.
>>
>>29869681
Porygon2 has shit speed though?
And neither get parting shot
>>
>>29869632
I want to think it may be able to dent something with Draco Meteor and then parting shot out to avoid the stat drop but it doesn't really hit worthwhile dragons with it except Dragonite, and even then you'd just use Ice Beam.

It can hit bulkychomp too, but you run into the same issue and it's probably not a good idea to risk it when it could be an offensive variant with full speed.

>>29869883
Our best bet is to call it a significantly weaker, slower, but somewhat bulkier version of Staraptor or Cinccino, since they maintain Mementum with U-turn the same way you can Parting Shot. No ability hurts it more than Arceus since Arceus' movepool isn't garbage.
>>
File: 1474644526526.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474644526526.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>29869230
>ends up being higher tier than it's evolution, just like dusclops was to dusknoir
>>
>>29869209
It was made to be a discount Arceus. And that is what it is.
>>
>>29869883
>Porygon2 has shit speed though?
It does. Then again, a speed base of 95 is pretty low for OU as well.

Parting Shot is nice, but if that's all Silvally has going for it then I doubt it will make it to OU (or stay there for long). It's pretty easy to play around it: Switch out to a defensive pokemon and you won't mind having your offensive stats reduced. Switch out to Landorus to Intimidate the pokemon switching in U-Turn first the following turn, gaining momentum. Switch out to Metagross or Bisharp before Parting Shot and your stats won't suffer.

Basically, as long as your other pokemon are alive then chances are you'll be good. Parting Shot could be good for late game when your opponent has few/no switching options. But will Silvally be able to hold its weight up until then?

In any case, we'll have to wait to see how the new meta looks and works. All we can do now is guess.
>>
File: 1476368387644.png (80KB, 495x591px) Image search: [Google]
1476368387644.png
80KB, 495x591px
>>29870723
It's waaay cuter so that's a plus.
>>
>>29869209

At least one of it's forms will be OU, and it's looking like it will be Fairy Silvaly
>>
>>29869209
If all of its forms get tiered separately like Arceus, then at least all the tiers get a decent mon with good stats across the board.

Normal Silvally w/Swords Dance and Explosion to guruntee a KO on shit including Skarmory is UU at worst for sure.
>>
>>29869209
At what level does Null evolve into this?
>>
>>29872526

Happniess evo.
>>
>>29869509
Also, it's BST is just short of pseudos. That's pretty decent.
>>
>>29872412
>Switch out to Metagross or Bisharp before Parting Shot and your stats won't suffer.
And then he chooses a counter to metagross/bisharp?
>>
>>29872554
thanks
>>
>>29869209
i want to hug chimerapupper
>>
>>29869396
>I just started competitive
>>
>>29872671
you're gonna have some problems dealing with bisharp since he's got a massive 3 stage boost right there, and he's already brutally strong as is
>>
>>29870633
Dusclops and Dusknoir are both PU and neither is used more than the other there because they're both shit tier.
>>
Silvally's best role is being the sixth pokemon you add to your team to glue the whole thing together. There won't be any standard sets or EV spreads you can copy paste from Smogon, so it's hard to tell how """""good""""" it's going to be.
>>
>>29875518
now that's the case, but throughout gen 5 and most of gen 6 dusclops did get more usage than noir.
knock off buff severely crippled him though ;_;
>>
I've noticed that every thread people solely bring up parting shot. Is there literally nothing else redeeming about it?
>>
>>29869209
Learns Draco Meteor. Might be cool with a mixed set.
>>
>>29869209
it just gets without mask
>>
Honestly, this thing is unpredictable enough that I think it will be pretty good

Also, Eviolite Null
>>
>>29876846
He has 95s across the board, and parting shot is a really good pivot move due to nothing resisting/negating it and it setting up your next mon really well.
Pure example: Parting shot a Thrashing TTar, into Dhelmise for anchor shot on the Ttar. It'll give you at least a turn to clear your field traps with rapid spin
>>
>>29876846
No.
It's very notable though because only three pokemon get parting shot, thus it's probably it's most important set.
But it's a decent sword dance sweeper than can be any type or STAB explode.
It can pursuit trap, phaze, basic support, go special or mixed, u-turn...
In VGC it can give snarl support. (Return/Multi-Attack)/(TWave/Coverage)/Snarl/Protect is going to be a common patch up set there I bet.
>>
>>29869229
>no Extreme Speed
It's nothing like Arceus
>>
How do i get other 18 of these?
>>
File: VallyAaah.png (242KB, 816x732px) Image search: [Google]
VallyAaah.png
242KB, 816x732px
Decent movepool, though the stats are a letdown. 95 in everything just makes it a 'jack of all trades, master of none' kinda pokemon. I personally think it'll be low OU. Most of the talk I've heard about is using it to spread status and afflict the enemy team using Thunder Wave/Toxic/Parting Shot.
>>
>>29869236
Breeding is only useful for egg moves now that IVs can be altered.
>>
>>29869313
>banned from OU
Why
>>
>>29877031

nobody uses thrash on tyranitar
>>
>>29872498
>If all of its forms get tiered separately like Arceus
But Arceus' forms aren't tiered separately
>>
>>29877325
I don't see why he shouldn't be allowed in UU.
>>
>>29877389
Because each of them is good enough to be Uber, but they are evaluated separately on Smogon
>>
>>29877389
They are though.
They're just all uber, but it's not theoretically impossible for bug-arceus to get unbanned and then sink to UU or something.
Same with Giratina-O.
>>
>>29869209
>bulky, somewhat fast Fairy type with Parting Shot
Yes, it will be good.
>>
>>29869209
I really like the design and idea behind Null and Silvally, I wish I could use them throughout the main game or competitive.
>>
>>29877761
Just fucking inject one.
No shame, him not being available until post game is bullshit. They had a perfect opportunity during the Aether raid.
>>
Silvally is a poor mans, poor mans, poor mans, poor mans Arceus, he has nothing of what makes Arceus good except the potential unpredictability, Smogon have even done testing and have discovered that his Discs don't boost his power like Arceus' plates too ffs.

This is the first instance in the games where a clone is way worse than what it's based of, which is intentional and meant to be the point I suppose.

GameFreak drove home the point even further by buffing Multitype to work with Z-Crystals and thus allowing Arceus to change type whilst still being able to use a Z-move.
>>
>>29877815
Game Freak always drops the ball, no surprise there.
>>
>>29877815
>This is the first instance in the games where a clone is way worse than what it's based of
Phione is worse than Manaphy
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.