[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shiny Methods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: 776.png (7KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
776.png
7KB, 256x256px
Do we know of any new/returning methods of shiny hunting in SM yet? I assume that the Masuda method is returning, but has anyone tried fish chaining yet?
>>
Supposedly, an npc mentions that when Pokémon call for help, the new Pokémon has an increased shiny rate.

MM's probably a safe bet to return, as well as chain fishing.

What about that thing we saw in the one preview, where the grass was shaking and when the streamer got too close, a Makuhita rushed him? Can anyone confirm an increased shiny rate for these encounters?
>>
>>29866938
I'm pretty sure those are just annoyance encounters that have a chance of dropping an item at the end.
>>
Fish chaining doesn't seem to viable since you can pull up items now. I'm not sure if Suction Cups can keep you from getting them or not. Only other form of chaining we know of is Pokemon calling for help.
>>
>>29866873
>>29866938
From leaks that I've read - You use an item called Adrenaline Orb at the start of an encounter, it increases the chance for the Pokemon to summon an ally at low HP.

Continue KOing the summoned ally and another will spawn, you can keep doing this indefinitely(?)

Eventually the Pokemon get better IVs and higher shiny chance. Not sure if HA become available as well.
>>
>>29866938
>What about that thing we saw in the one preview, where the grass was shaking and when the streamer got too close, a Makuhita rushed him? Can anyone confirm an increased shiny rate for these encounters?

Those are preset in locations and only reappear when you leave the area so probably not.
>>
So which Pokémon are shiny locked?

A shiny Lunala might be nice if its not locked.
>>
Chaining is back in Sun and Moon, replacing previous chaining methods and also serving as a sort of remix of Horde Battles, which have unfortunately got the axe.

Once you finish your first totem battle, wild encounters will from that point onwards gain a new mechanic - wild pokemon under 50% health now call for reinforcements, and can "summon" new pokemon to to the fight. This makes capturing pokemon slightly more of a challenge than before as it's no longer just a matter of getting a pokemon low and chucking a ball, you have to also be prepared to deal with adds.

However this feature also has another mechanic attached - reinforcements will have an increased chance of having better IVs, having a Hidden Ability, and being Shiny. The more reinforcements are called, the better they are, essentially meaning you can create a Chain to get better and better pokemon.

The pokemon "summoned" are typically the same as the "summoner", however much like with Horde mode, sometimes there will be some crossovers. Miltanks can summon Tauros, Cleffa can summon Chansey, and so on. It's also possible that as Chains increase, you can summon evolved versions of the original, defying level conventions (i.e. after anough chains, a Bagon can summon a level 16 Shelgon).

A new item also exists called the Adrenaline Orb. It's a cheap consumable that can be used in wild encounters to make reinforcements more likely. Pokemon have a chance to summon under 50% health regardless, but you can use these to guarantee it.

What we know about Chaining (keep in mind without proper testing, some of this could be wrongly assumed later down the line):
- The Pokemon needs to be under 50% health to call for help, Adrenaline Orbs increase probability.
- If you keep defeating reinforcements, the original summoner will run out of PP and struggle itself to death.
>>
>>29867050
All Legendary Pokemon and Ultra Beasts
>>
>>29867051

- You can continue to bring in reinforcements even if you defeat the original pokemon you encountered at the start of battle, as reinforcements that are left alone will become the new summoner and keep the chain going;
- However, the pokemon remaining MUST be of the same family as the original. If a pokemon summons something from another species, you defeat the summoner and only that different reinforcement is left standing, the chain breaks. Evolved mons of the same family seem to be able to keep the chain going, but e.g. if a Miltank summons a Tauros and you defeat the Miltank, the Tauros won't summon anything.
- Summons provide EVs, so you use this method to just keep knocking down reinforcements and you also get a free turn for switches if you need. Also good for grinding, you could potentially chain pokemon like Chansey for Exp.
- There's a gap between reinforcements arriving so you need to be able to waste a turn with something non-damaging
- Not all reinforcements are friendly, some will actually attack the pokemon that called for help.

What we don't know:
- If there is actually a "chain", whether there actually are increasing odds for each addition - and if there's a limit to how much the probability of better stats/abilities/shiny chance.
- If there is a chain, whether it still continues with reinforcements, or simply refreshes with a reinforcement and starts a new one inside the same battle.
- If abilities such as Synchronise or Cute Charm can work on reinforcements, or if it's only for originals.
- If other, or new, out-of-battle effects can influence the reinforcement process
- It seems the Chain can be broken by other factors like paralyis, so what else can cancel reinforcements?

Basically yeah, you can get shinies and HAs any time you want in the main game, you just have to be persistent.

You get Shiny Charm if you complete Alolan Pokedex. Not sure how it works with Legendaries and Ultra Beasts in terms of being shiny locked.
>>
File: mosquito.png (671KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mosquito.png
671KB, 1000x1000px
>>29867051
>>29867083
Bless you, anon. This sounds great. I hate to be that guy, but source?
>>
>>29867137

An NPC mentions in the game that Adrenaline Orbs make it easier to find shinies, so it's not really an obscure discovery, it just took a while for people to notice that it's literally just a remix of chaining and everything DexNax did is also parcelled in.

I just wrote it out now, it's based on some threads made by people here who have tried it with good results here. I think some dataminers hinted at it too which is why people tried it.

Someone chained for Exeggute, got a shiny.
Shiny Rockruff and Cleffa were found this way too.
Somebody managed to chain a Bagon enough that a Shelgon appeared despite being level 16.
Someone found a HA Skarmory on a Reinforcements.
Stats for the chained Shinies were consistently pretty good.
>>
>>29867282
Thanks boss. Is there any Pokemon that will call for a Sandygast? I'd love to use a shiny Palossand in my first run.
>>
>>29867335

If Sandygast can't call for reinforcements then you're probably out of luck, unfortunately.
>>
File: image.png (86KB, 426x413px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
86KB, 426x413px
>>29867050
I can't for the life of me remember the name of him but (game spoilers) the second one you get in the post game isn't shiny locked. The one you get in the main story is shiny locked tho. I haven't played the game but this is what I've heard.
>>
>>29867514
No, the second one IS Shiny Locked. The data was a little misleading when initially read, so we thought they weren't Locked. But it was discovered that the second Cosmog and Magearna were, in fact, locked.
>>
>>29867083
So it's impossible to chain the second pokemon? So if I want meagrie (or whatever Toxapex's evo is called) can I chain corsolas until it arrives, then kill corsola, and then chain the meagrie?
>>
>>29867514
Sorry, but the second one is shiny locked too, it was overlooked the first time they checked for shiny locks
>>
>>29867798
Nope. You'd have to find Maraenie as the first pokemon for it to chain.
>>
>>29866873
>tfw I legitimately catch Two Shiny Pokemon
>tfw shiny minior and shiny salandit
>tfw pkhex already exists and my finds are invalidated
Feels like bragging about a golden magikarp
>>
>>29868045
Damn. Does anyone know where it shows up at a 20% rate?
>>
>>29868164
>implying that hacks make what you catch less meaningful.

Anon if you actually feel that way that's asinine.
>>
>>29866994
can confirm got a shiny rockruff 4perfect ivs and HA
>>
File: ShinyDoggo.jpg (1MB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
ShinyDoggo.jpg
1MB, 1152x2048px
>>29866873
Summon chaining works. Got this around 105 kills. I killed the summoner at every 50. Just "use" the orb again if you don't wanna attack for a turn. The orb does not get used and the turn advances.

Do not use TWave/paralysis, the summoner just stops calling in new mons.
>>
>>29866994
>you can keep doing this indefinitely
How? The first Pokemon always runs out of PP and Struggles itself to death for me.

Doesn't that break the chain?
>>
>>29867079
>All Legendary Pokemon
Including Tapus ? Fuck Masuda, Fuck Ohmorri FUCK CHING CHONG, FUCK ALL
>>
>>29869525

People seem to get their mons at about 100 in, which would suggest the chain isnt linked to a single pokemon but simply the rate of reinforcement that occurs within the battle itself.

You'll break the chain if you paralyse the summoner or kill it and leave something it summoned that is NOT in the same family as it.

This means you need to kill the original summoner before it runs out of PP whilst something from its family is on the field, then use that summon as your new basis. If you don't do this, it will struggle itself to death whilst some other family mon is there and then you've screwed it up.
>>
>>29869734
Oh, right.
So for example I'm doing Mimikyu (which only summons same family)
It's
>Let it summon until it's close to running out of PP
>Kill it
>Preserve it's latest summon until it's close to running out of PP
>Kill it
>Rinse and repeat

right?
>>
>>29869734
What if it's corsola and mareanie? You can't really kill the corsola otherwise you wont get any more spawns

I really want shiny mareanie but the rates are so retarded for it
>>
>>29869818
As an added note:

>Ensure that latest summon that you're going to continue with is ALSO Mimikyu

Gotta have the same family line as the original Pokemon to keep the chain going.
>>
>>29869852
Only way is to start the fight with Mareanie. That's it.
>>
question for those with successful shiny chains. Did your shiny or whatever have their hidden ability?
>>
Do chained pokemon gradually increase levels like dexnav or do they stay the same?
>>
>>29871330
Nope, they stay the same.
>>
How and where can I manage to successfully shiny chain a minior? From what I've heard minior has explosion shenanigans
>>
>>29866989
It can't.
>>
>>29868264
http://pastebin.com/EwkzXmTV Read this, it will never show up at 20% for easy chaining.
>>
>>29868264
Something I've noticed in the pokedex by checking its area is that while all fishing icons have a yellow outline, there are locations where the yellow is bolder and more pronounced. There's 2 in Melemele sea, and both of them consistently start as 'ripple' spots when you get there from a different area. So my advice would be to just keep resetting ripples rather than gamble the 1% everywhere else. I got a Corsola after 4 and then chained for a Mareanie, I bet if I tried for a little longer I would start with a Mareanie.
>>
>>29873099
Get a Poliwag with Damp
>>
>>29873099
Ideally, a HA Parasect would be your best bet. Has Damp, False Swipe, and Spore for when you actually manage to find the shiny.
Bare minimum would just be anything with Damp that you can get ahold of.
>>
>>29873249
>>29873217
Oh yeah, I forgot all about that ability. Thanks for the help.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.