[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hail/Mono-ice's savior reporting in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (106KB, 999x799px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 999x799px
Ninetales@bright clay/icy rock/life orb
Timid; 252 SpA/252 Spd
Snow Warning

Blizzard
Moonblast
Aurora Veil
Nasty Plot/Hypnosis

What do we run to support it? Slush rush user? Snow Cloak? Also, ice type thread
>>
Was Hypnosis buffed this gen?
>>
Aurorus is the true hero of ice. not this hack!
>>
>>29860195
You sure you don't want a Freeze-Dry on that?
>>
>>29860437
Maybe instead of nasty plot. Something else could carry it on mono-ice though. Lapras maybe?
>>
File: image.jpg (129KB, 1280x707px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129KB, 1280x707px
>>29860385
>GF makes aurora veil, a move basically custom fit to improve this thing
>forgets to let Aurorus learn it
>even though it's a TM
>this basically means they don't intend to ever give it access
>it still doesn't get power gem
I don't think they even remember that they made this thing
>>
File: image.jpg (676KB, 1204x1220px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
676KB, 1204x1220px
Bampo! Post more ice and ice movesets! How would anons run snowslash?
>>
>>29860195
Freeze Dry is a must, it's basically a big fuck you to most would be bulky waters and rain teams.

Double Slush Rush user goes without saying, you could actually run both Beartic and Sandslash with the latter as a backup sweeper. If you really don't like Sandslash then
Mamoswine is also possible as a option as it is a nice big powerhouse that can work in and outside of Hail and benefits the most from Aurora Veil being up.

A backup manual hail setter and extra Aurora Veil user is ideal as well as accidents always happen and is basically standard practice for weather to always have redundancy and fallbacks.

Froslass is a ideal utility between it's support options like WoW, Destiny Bond, Spikes, fast Aurora Veil and Hail. Anyone who ever faced it in Gen 5 UU will tell you how deceptively hard to kill it is. Cryogonal is also looking good with it's buffed stats, Recover, Rapid Spin and fast Aurora Veil too.

Thick Fat Walrein is notable as the only Ice type in the whole game who resists Fire but doesn't offer much else.

I actually think Ice got a really good deal this time round in Gen 7, you can actually make a really effective Hail team if you get creative enough.
>>
>>29860854
I was also thinking support froslass w/ snow cloak would be a must here. For snowslash, something like
>Rapid spin
>Icicle Crash
>Earthquake
>Sword's Dance

Or iron head works too. I've never run hail before, but I doubt you'd want ice STAB on everything
>>
>>29860599
Delphox got Dazzling Gleam in ORAS so this could be an oversight that gets corrected as well.
>>
>>29861002
Would Aurorus even be worth it as a backup ninetales if it could learn aurora veil? I feel like it honestly needs a mega to be worth anything
>>
>>29860599
>still doesn't get Power Gen
>doesn't learn Aurora Veil when it's an ice-type with a name based on an aurora
Man, GF must have completely forgot this thing exists.
>>
>>29860975
Iron Head does absolutely nothing for Sandslash, Ground/Ice is basically one of the best offensive pairings in the game and it covers absolutely nothing.

You have to think specifically what walls that combo before you pick your move, otherwise you're better just simply running Rapid Spin for Utility or Leech Life (it does learn it oddly) for recovery.

First thought that pops into mind is the likes of Rotom-W/H, Skarmory and Bronzong. Skarmory does shit all to you besides try to throw up hazards and phaze. Bronzong would be more vulnerable to Leech Life and lets you get back some HP from the pretty nasty Gyro Ball. Stone Edge would do better against Rotom-H and you're basically guaranteed to get burned by W.
>>
>>29861002
>Three games later
It's not a starter, so I won't hold my breath
>>
>>29861138
Didn't realize it learned leach life. I had rapid spin on there primarily because having a way to get rid of rocks on mono ice seems pretty important, and snowslash isn't weak
>>
>>29860845
I'd basically just reflavor my Sandslash.

Icicle Crash
Iron Head / Leech Life
Rock Slide / Earthquake / Stone Edge
Rapid Spin / Knock Off (tutor move it'll probably get next game)

Snowslash loses two of Ice's weaknesses (including Stealth Rock) and gains plenty of resistances in exchange for gaining/enhancing all of Steel's already common weaknesses.
It would benefit from Grassy Terrain much like Fairytales would from Psychic, so Rock Slide could prove better for coverage than Earthquake depending on the rest of your team.

Poison Jab doesn't cover anything that Icicle Crash and Iron Head don't already, and Leech Life could give it limited recovery.
Not sure on item.
>>
>>29861048
Maybe, it is the only one of the setters who can take a heavy fire attack if it switches in and hurt back with STAB rock. But it is pretty functionally useless and would still die pretty easily with it's speed.

Even fucking Vanilluxe is more useful being a bit faster and learning Aurora Veil.

I'd actually say Abomasnow has some use here too for variety, what some people used to do was run Scarfsnow for anti-weather. It was just fast enough to make the Scarf worth something, enough defenses to take a EQ or Scald aimed your way and hit back with a STAB grass attack, it isn't as silly as it sounds.

Rotom-F is a option too here, with Tapu Koko bound to become popular it can easily take advantage of it to start throwing around double STAB Tbolts and those STAB Blizzard's. With Aurora Veil it'd make Rotom-F bulky as hell and Volt Switch gives you some switch/pivot ability.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.