[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so how difficult is gen VII? not accounting exp share, of course

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: current mood.jpg (46KB, 540x438px) Image search: [Google]
current mood.jpg
46KB, 540x438px
so how difficult is gen VII?

not accounting exp share, of course
>>
I'm more curious to know how it is WITH the exp share.
>>
>>29859120
Harder than XY for sure. Never got overleveled even with it on.
>>
>>29859136
how about the amount of pokemon that opponent trainers use?
>>
>>29859120
with exp share the Totems have been decently challenging. That said I'm on the 2nd island currently and all my Pokemon are in the high 20s while everything else is around level 15-19. Hopefully it gets better, but I feel pretty overpowered.
>>
>>29859214
turn it off, negro
>>
File: 1435907409057.jpg (124KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1435907409057.jpg
124KB, 960x720px
>>29859109
The first trial puts you against a mon with +100 in every base stat except speed and it summons an Alomomalo with Healing Pulse to heal it
>>
File: 1462710369912.jpg (66KB, 960x581px) Image search: [Google]
1462710369912.jpg
66KB, 960x581px
>>29859109
Easy as piss.

>>29859120
Even easier.

>>29859136
lolno. XY was harder than this even though XY was babby tier already.

>>29859181
Almost all of them only use 1-3
If you get a 6 mon team in the beginning it's IMPOSSIBLE to lose.

>>29859214
Totems are a joke if you got type advantage.
>>
>>29859181
Generally low. They're not the intended challenge points: the Totems and plot bosses are.
>>
>>29859109
Without EXP Share and training an entire team Totem battles are actually hard.

The BW Exp formula is the best that could happened to this game.
>>
Early on in the third island and I am about 10 levels behind trainers, think I'm turning the share on now. Think I lasted longer than XY at least but I really feel this thing is just an excuse not to balance the game.
>>
It's about on-par with the rest of the non-Gen 6 series

A few of the totems are probably in contention for hardest story fights along with Ghestis's Hydreigon and Cynthia's Garchomp
>>
Totem Mimikyu is actually a decent challenge
>>
File: plataNO.jpg (53KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
plataNO.jpg
53KB, 720x720px
>>29859241
>>
>>29859278
This. Salazzle is especially bad if you can't exploit its weaknesses before it abuses Venoshock
>>
File: onehitguy.jpg (131KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
onehitguy.jpg
131KB, 1280x720px
>>29859241
Thats the 2nd Trial and I 2 shotted the Wishiwashi with my Dartrix
>>
>>29859241
That's the second trial.
>>
>>29859258
>XY was harder than this

Whatever you say, buddy ol pal.
>>
>>29859272
>The BW Exp formula is the best that could happened to this game.

Fucking this. I'm playing with exp share off and an average team with 0IVS in everything and every battle is a struggle. It's too hard overlevel a single pokemon due to the exp curve, which forces me to use a full underleveled team. Just got to the 4th island and I'm 5 levels below fucking everyone.
>>
vast majority of trainers only use 1-2 shitty pokemon but there's a couple surprises like Alomomola healing Wishiwashi and Power Herb physical Solar Beam
still solo'd most of the game with a Mareanie, only ran into some trouble at the last two Kahunas, and only because my team was super vulnerable to Dugtrio
>>
>>29859109
It Was pretty difficult compared to other games proably the most difficult one and exp share i think might have been nerfed i may be wrong about that though.
>>
>>29859258
x and y were way easier compared to SM
>>
>>29859258
I haven't played the game and I can perfectly tell you are lying and baiting hard
>>
Finished the game yesterday and it was a decent challenge. I played most of the game with the exp share off but turned it on when i challenged the E4 because my entire team was underleveled. The only disappointing major fight was Lusamine because all she did was spam Pain Split.
>>
>>29859272
>The BW Exp formula is the best
/thread
>>
>>29859181
generic trainers use mostly 1 or 2 pokemon with a few exceptions using 3, but none use more than 3.
>>
>>29859619
lusamines clefable and bewear were a huge pain even with type advantage
>>
>>29859639
fucking hell

well, not that it was much different and to be fair generic trainers were never a challenge in any game, so it would be a bit pointless to try to make them difficult by giving the mountain dude four copy pasted geodudes instead of two

although, I hope bosses like gym leaders have some more effort put into them
>>
>>29859263
>calling the replacement of gym trainers with 3 wild encounters a challenge
The whole island challenges replacing gyms thing is a big fat joke.
>>
>>29859619
I absolutely demolished Lusamine, I don't even remember what she had besides a Clefable
>>
>>29859518
it's just the gen 5 exp. nothing really changed beyond the exp curve forcing worse and worse returns as you over level.

it makes story mode 'harder' because it keeps your levels very rigid but it's more just a hasty bandaid to an ignored problem.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.